Food you hate?

conflate
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Food you hate?

Post by conflate »

celery. black licorice. fennel. anything anise-y, basically...ugh that taste makes me gag

Skogs
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skogs »

I'd also like to say pizza. Now, don't fall off your chair, there's a very good reason as to why.
I can't order take-out pizza anymore. When I pizza, I almost hurl on the spot. I had major leg surgery in 2010 (my knee was rotated, my hip bone was cracked and reassemblied in places, and my thighbone was snapped and screwed back together. It wasn't pleasant), and since my fiancé was overseas and my familiy lives in another country, I had to take care of myself. I couldn't walk yet, I could hardly move - my muscles in the newly operated leg would cramp for hours and not even scaring doses of morphine could make it dissapear altogether. Basically, I couldn't shop, cook, or clean for about 2-3 weeks. I ate pizza every single night during that period. By the end of it, I could've murdered someone for anything else. Pasta salad, lasagna, a fucking carrot, anything. Fuck pizza.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

Okay, I officially hate coconut water. I've tried it a couple times and I'm just never gonna like it. I haven't tried it out of an actual coconut but I'm sure it can't be that much better.

Other foods I dislike, and won't generally eat, but wouldn't necessarily cause me to gag: mangoes, jicama, artichokes, cotton candy, sweet popcorn (like popcorn balls, caramel popcorn...although hot kettle corn is okay)

Casablancas
Talker
Talker

Post by Casablancas »

Tomatoes :barf:

The texture and taste ughhh. It's mostly just straight up, cold tomato that freaks me out though.
I love ketchup and pasta sauce lol.

oh and quinoa!
I tried it cold since everyone was raving about it but it was sooo gross to me. I almost threw up lol.
ImageImage

halfasiantakeover
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by halfasiantakeover »

Mushrooms: really slimy. Can't stand them.
(raw) Tomatoes: I can't deal with the firm outside and squishy inside.
Cottage Cheese
Pickles
Tartar Sauce (see: pickles)
Ham in any form, including prosciutto. I like pork, but I can't stand ham.
Deli Meat, excluding chicken and turkey.
Coconut water & flesh. I like coconut milk in curry though.
Black licorice
Cooked carrots. Raw is awesome!
Milk unless its in cereal or coffee. It has a taste to me and it triggers my gag reflex.

Otherwise, I love everything. I've trained myself to consume raw tomatoes in certain forms, and I can stomach mushrooms, even though it makes me gag slightly. I got myself to like olives also. I used to hate them.

angelaj0921
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by angelaj0921 »

Casablancas wrote:Tomatoes :barf:

The texture and taste ughhh. It's mostly just straight up, cold tomato that freaks me out though.
I love ketchup and pasta sauce lol.

oh and quinoa!
I tried it cold since everyone was raving about it but it was sooo gross to me. I almost threw up lol.
Yes!! Tomatoes...eugh....The taste, the texture, and the smell. Can't stand it. But, I also agree ketchup and pasta sauce are great!

gizcorn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gizcorn »

Cucumber has always made me sick even when I was a child, nowadays if I have anything which even had a hint of cucumber in it I will taste it and start heaving, it makes life difficult sometimes haha.
Ketchup - hated working at mcd's when I was younger, would openly gag in front of customers if I had to see/smell it dgaf.

These 2 are my biggest, but I'm fairly fussy anyway. My housemate is like that with mashed potatoes too, the thought makes her heave.

island_grown
Learner
Learner

Post by island_grown »

Ketchup, Doritos, chunky tomato sauce (disgrace because I'm half italian), chunky salsa, mountain dew, cooked tomatoes, Coconut, squash, zucchini, any kind of cooked fruit, Fruit pies, pork chops, Peppers

chocolicious
Lurker
Lurker

Post by chocolicious »

Raw onions :barf:

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

soy milk. i understand it's supposed to be better for you than regular milk but I just can't.

GretchenWieners
Debater
Debater

Post by GretchenWieners »

conflate wrote:celery. black licorice. fennel. anything anise-y, basically...ugh that taste makes me gag
Literally exactly the same for me.
Also water chestnuts, I think it's mostly the texture though the taste doesn't do much for me either. The texture is assaulting.

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe »

- walnuts and broccoli - I've never really learned to love them, no matter how much I tried. I can take walnuts in cookies/cupcakes though;
- apples - they only make me hungry after I eat them;
- plain soy milk - that's a drink, but eh... I can drink the flavored, but it most likely has added sugar, so I avoid it all together;
- brussels sprouts

ventiamericano
Learner
Learner

Post by ventiamericano »

Bananas, soy milk, almond milk,

BetterOffDead
Learner
Learner

Post by BetterOffDead »

Chicken. Salsa. Cooked Carrots. Gumbo. Stuffing. Dressing. Spicy foods [even if it only has too much black pepper]. Avocado anything. Mushrooms. Peas of any sort. Microwave meal. Black beans. Mustard. Any pizza besides cheese. Sausage. Any dressing besides the orange French. Almond/Soy/Vanilla Milk. Cantaloupe. Melon . Pomegranate. Coconut. Quinoa. Strawberry milkshakes. Black grapes. PB2.
I'm a picky person, okay? Had to get help from the SO since I couldn't think of everything off the top of my head.

AdoptAGreyhound
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AdoptAGreyhound »

Peas, green beans & mashed potato. I've always HATED these little mongrels.....lol.

SpringDuck
Informer
Informer

Post by SpringDuck »

chocolate with alcohol (I enjoy chocolate and alcoholic drinks but can't stand them together)
radishes
beets
liver
eggplant
chickpeas
black liquorice
sweet potatoes
lamb
zucchini
olives
tuna
:toad:

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

This one I don't know if it belongs here or in the unpopular opinions thread but, microwaved food. There's something about microwaving food that gives me upset stomach. I'm not talking about just tv dinners, I mean even reheating last nights pizza and what not. It has to be fresh or something I can reheat on the stove or in the oven or else it's a no go for me.

Great_mmm2
Talker
Talker

Post by Great_mmm2 »

Cheesecake,instant mashed potatoes, gravy in a mix or can, fish sandwich, flan, red peppers and red chile

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe »

tamithomas wrote:This one I don't know if it belongs here or in the unpopular opinions thread but, microwaved food. There's something about microwaving food that gives me upset stomach. I'm not talking about just tv dinners, I mean even reheating last nights pizza and what not. It has to be fresh or something I can reheat on the stove or in the oven or else it's a no go for me.
I totally agree. My microwave has been collecting dust because I never use it for anything anymore.

go_further
Informer
Informer

Post by go_further »

radish, garlic powder/onion powder, cooked onions in ANYTHING ( i could smell/taste the smallest amounts), some guacamole ( but I LOVE avocado)

Return to “Food”