Tea

fondueofyou
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tea!

Post by fondueofyou »

Midnight_Jasmine wrote:I like green tea with honey. And since I'm Indian I have a special place in my heart for chai :)
Ooh, I'm Indian too. :) I stopped drinking chai about 4/5 years ago because I was trying to lose weight and cut out all sugary drinks from my diet for a little bit (except Starbucks D:) and then I went to college and I never made it here. On the rare occasions that I do go back home, it's my favorite thing to have. I'm moving back home soon though and not gonna lie... I'm looking forward to chai in the morning <3

Sunkissedlove
Informer
Informer

Post by Sunkissedlove »

I love Tazo tea! The green ginger and refresh-mint are my favorite <3 And Argo tea is absoutley amazing for a treat :D http://www.argotea.com/

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

I'm wondering if anyone else here likes pu erh. If you don't like mushrooms, you probably won't like it, but it has a ton of complexity.

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

fossilfinger wrote:I'm wondering if anyone else here likes pu erh. If you don't like mushrooms, you probably won't like it, but it has a ton of complexity.
^^just googled it and it looks really interesting!! going to order some right now...
lol i love this thread.

Pleasedont
Talker
Talker

Post by Pleasedont »

I like the fruit sampler from celestial teas
Also got hibiscus tea but its not my fave. Maybe I'll have to experiment with sweetners To make it taste better

RadioSurgery
Learner
Learner

Post by RadioSurgery »

I've been pretty lazy about brewing tea. I also suspect my grandma hijacked my mint plant... I've been really into Tejava. It's unsweetened and just straight up chilled black tea. I've replaced coffee with it.

VogueForBreakfast
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by VogueForBreakfast »

What is your favorite tea brand? I always go back to Tazo and Yogi.

Lumi
Informer
Informer

Post by Lumi »

Mine is Clipper. I used to drink Yogi, but it's so expensive. :boohoo:

guestgue

Post by guestgue »

Every year my sister gets me a Teavanna set. But that's pretty much the only time i go for expensive tea. I do prefer loose leaf so I get a lot of that from bulk stores. Often times I'll get black and just flavor it myself.

I'm also a huge fan of chai.

Blazikenblade01
Debater
Debater

Post by Blazikenblade01 »

hot toddys bloody brilliant during winter love it. lol if i had to make a coffee it would be a baileys mint one.

twinings is my fave. locally t2 is awesome all naturalvstuff im loving the black rose with blackcurrants tea.

im experiemental with my tea and open to new things. i might do a list of what i have at home at some stage.
There are many reasons for why Arissa is famous, but "looking like Michelle Phan" isn't one of them~Chiyou

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I absolutely love tea, my favorite is the honey camomile vanilla :)

hustle rose~
Informer
Informer

Post by hustle rose~ »

I think I'm the only person ever who doesn't like green tea.

My favorites are Earl Grey, Orange Pekoe and Oolong.

TheIrksomeThings
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TheIrksomeThings »

I love tea, but the stereotypical English sort of teas; in other words the ones with milk!
I'm a big fan of the Earl Grey blend and Assam sourced leaves. They make up my regular cuppa's, but I don't mind some Yorkshire or English breakfast tea either!

If I'm under the weather I like most of the twinings herbal teas. I'm especially partial to lemon and ginger (Where I add honey myself) or nettle teas when I have a sore throat.

SilverMiko
Debater
Debater

Post by SilverMiko »

I have two big tins of Teavana tea in Superfruit Acai Green tea and Strawberry Paradiso white tea. The latter is interesting because it has popcorn in the mix.

delicatepearl
Talker
Talker

Post by delicatepearl »

Discovered my love for tea a few years ago, I'm the only one in my family that drinks any other tea than Orange pekoe, which is considered "regular tea" and that I don't like lol. My 3 favourites are;

I love green tea. Plain, fruit flavour infused, hot, latte, iced, I'll drink it!
Chai tea - my next favourite! I could drink it every day!
I have a Christmas tea, not sure how to describe it, it's from Epicure, I love that as well!

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

I haven't drunk tea for awhile and now I'm getting back into it because it's getting colder. I just bought a blueberry white tea from Argo Tea and it's pretty good. I'll probably get a peach white tea sometime in the near future. I like Teavana's Peach Momotaro a lot.

fondueofyou
Informer
Informer

Post by fondueofyou »

I began this thread because I needed tips on loving unsweetened green tea and wanted to learn about tea in general. Since then, I've grown to love unsweetened green tea from Yogi and sweetened pomegranate green tea (I usually buy it already made, so I haven't tried unsweetened). I also really like Yerba Mate (Mate Chocolatte)! It doesn't taste chocolate-y to me, but it tastes really good to me.

I also tried some teas that I didn't love. Peppermint tea and this other peach herbal one I got from Celestial. I do enjoy peach black or white teas though, so maybe I can buy that next. I have yet to try Tazo tea aside from Awake.

Has anyone tried tea by Trader Joe's? Or a pumpkin spice tea? I enjoy cold chai tea lattes from Starbucks, but when I get them warm the spice is a bit overpowering and sometimes hurts my throat. I love pumpkin spice fraps but I don't need the calories that come with it, even when made skinny. I'm slowly beginning to prefer tea over drinks with milk, so I wanted to hear someone's opinion about pumpkin spice teas!

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

I've rediscovered mint tisanes as of late. I had the honor and privilege of trying England's famous tea it's known for when my cousin who's from England came to visit and brought me some. I now understand why English people love their tea so much :love2:

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I find that if tea is too bitter for you, you should try steeping it for less time. I only dip the tea bag (if it comes in a bag) a few times and wait only a little bit, not several minutes like a lot of directions say. I don't like it to be too dark and bitter. This way I don't need to put anything in it to combat the bitterness. Tea is a very common cultural drink where I'm from so I have always loved it and have several kinds at all times.
imma ball til the day i fall

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

tamithomas wrote:I've rediscovered mint tisanes as of late. I had the honor and privilege of trying England's famous tea it's known for when my cousin who's from England came to visit and brought me some. I now understand why English people love their tea so much :love2:
Ha! It goes beyond love, it's obsession. If you want to see a British person get excited offer them a cup of tea.

I have just sent an order off to a British company called Tea Pigs - I can't wait to try the Spiced Winter Red Tea. Rooibos is my favourite. I also like popcorn tea, especially when it leads to my colleagues wandering around the office trying to find out who is eating popcorn!

Return to “Food”