Tea

Tsubaki
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tea!

Post by Tsubaki »

I love teas too. I have a thing for gourmet tea :? My favourite is Mariage Frères. Currently, I'm loving Harney & Sons Paris tea. T2 (in Australia) is nice as well. They have some interesting flavoured teas. I drink all kinds of tea though. I like Sencha (Japanese) because of its vegetal flavour. For Chinese tea, my favourites are Oolong and Pu-erh. Jasmine tea is great too. At one point, I had about 7 tins of the same jasmine tea stored in the cupboard (they were given to me). This stuff: Image

vegasazhure
Informer
Informer

Post by vegasazhure »

I drink regular old Lipton black tea almost every day, with milk and sugar. I enjoy pretty much any and every type of tea, though there are specific ways I prefer to drink each type.
Black/Oolong: milk and sugar
Green/White: sugar only (except matcha - sometimes will get a matcha latte)
Herbal: plain (sometimes with lemon)

My favorite is Earl Grey but other than that there are no flavors or varieties I prefer over another, nor have I really ever found a brand that stands out to me. I love buying tea at Teavana, but it's a luxury that I don't get very often. :)
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night - Ginsberg

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

I'm up to about three cups of tea a day now...yikes.

I've banned myself from buying new tea until I use up at least 1/3 of the teas I have, so right now I'm liking English breakfast with a bit of almond milk; this Earl Grey raspberry tea I have that I sometimes mix with other teas; and I also bought matcha powder that I mix with almond milk and agave to make a matcha latte.

rensays
Informer
Informer

Post by rensays »

Green tea for its antioxidants and pleasant aroma. Sometimes I had some lemon juice and honey. Taste like heaven. Peach flavored tea is also heavenly.

alliwantistruth
Informer
Informer

Post by alliwantistruth »

If anyone's in the UK here, go to Whittards (I know, it's expensive, but hang on....) and get their Sticky Toffee loose black tea. It had real toffee pieces in and genuinely tastes like a "luxury" tea. Really nice with a drop of milk. You have to have one of those tea-strainer spoons though, or a tea pot :P Also, gotta love English breakfast, standard. I'm getting back into green tea as well.

chairmanmeow
Informer
Informer

Post by chairmanmeow »

Any Canadians feeling the love for DAVIDsTEA? Cause I know when I lived in Canada I stocked up all the time. I love tea, pretty much all kinds: Green, Black, and Herbal. Right now I am loving this mate one from DavidsTea called Queen of Tarts. It is super tart (obviously from the name) and is full of hibiscus and guayusa (which is an energizing herb from Ecuador)

That iced with a bit of agave...it is divine :D

sleepingsickness
Debater
Debater

Post by sleepingsickness »

I loveee tea. I would only really drink English tea with milk before, but I've recently switched to drinking green tea and jasmine tea instead with the odd cup of tea with milk as more of a treat. Twinings is great - they have so many different flavours! I think I'm gonna try salted caramel next.

ThatGirl13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by ThatGirl13 »

chairmanmeow wrote:Any Canadians feeling the love for DAVIDsTEA? Cause I know when I lived in Canada I stocked up all the time. I love tea, pretty much all kinds: Green, Black, and Herbal. Right now I am loving this mate one from DavidsTea called Queen of Tarts. It is super tart (obviously from the name) and is full of hibiscus and guayusa (which is an energizing herb from Ecuador)

That iced with a bit of agave...it is divine :D
I can't specifically remember what kinds I've had from there before, but I used to snag a bit from my old roommate and it was deeeelicious!

Also, there's a teahouse called Steeps near my place and I had this amazing oolong tea called "Pheonix #1 Iron Goddess". However, I usually just drink plain old green tea without anything added to it, although on occasion I will add some honey if I am feeling under the weather.

kayleeee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kayleeee »

I like "throat coat" tea. It taste like licorice, and really yummy and soothing lol.
Also love me a nice green tea.
And iced sweet tea
lazygirlbusyworld.wordpress.com check out my blog

e-holli
Learner
Learner

Post by e-holli »

Tea! I like the Red Rose brand tea bags for everyday. I always add in milk and honey :)

Peet's Coffee sells tea and their English Breakfast tea bags are really good.
Tázo black tea is good too! It comes in bags but it has very large leaves in there and the taste is perfect and never bitter.
I will have to trying this matcha powder I see talked about here.

CaramelDrop
Informer
Informer

Post by CaramelDrop »

I had raspberry tea last night, it was really good.

Sven_
Learner
Learner

Post by Sven_ »

Unpopular opinion, but I'm not the biggest fan of tea. I've heard everyone raving about tea, especially green tea & how it's healthy (and tastes good).

But then I tried Bigelow green tea and was so disappointed :(
I might try other flavours and brands though~

beautymeg
Lurker
Lurker

Post by beautymeg »

I really like drinking tea in the morning and before going to sleep. Green tea helps me to have a good digestion and it also improves my metabolism. I love green tea with lemon in the morning because it relaxes my stomach and I feel better after it. I also love drinking chamomile tea in the evening to help me relax and fall asleep.

SeeMyVest

Post by SeeMyVest »

wanderer wrote:does anyone have any experience/ good results with laxative teas and if they are actually effective with weight loss? Obviously not to use in crazy amounts or anything because I don't want to damage my body, but just to use alongside a good diet and working out. I'm looking to slim down a bit
Unless you have issues with constipation, laxative teas really aren't healthy. You end up losing weight only because you're excreting so much and are left dehydrated. A lot of the time you'll end up gaining weight once you stop using them as you're no longer excreting so much, unless your calorie intake is super low. There are healthy uses for it, but weight loss isn't one of them.

catwoman534
Informer
Informer

Post by catwoman534 »

I hate all tea except Teavanas loose leaf teas. I had some kind of banana split one and it was so good. Only downside is that they are a bit pricey.

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

I really like Zhena's Gypsy teas, especially Egyptian mint! I don't know if it was my imagination or not but I think I really did lose weight when I drank their raspberry mint extra strength slim me. It's kind of expensive for 30 bags but I was desperate enough to try anything at that point, lol.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

sleepingsickness
Debater
Debater

Post by sleepingsickness »

I just discovered Camomile & Spiced Apple tea which is really nice!

ItsRawrzz
Informer
Informer

Post by ItsRawrzz »

I love the tea my boyfriend makes. He does it over the stove, with cardamom seeds and stuff like that. It takes super nice, and has ruined all kettle-boiled teas for me haha. One thing is green tea - I do try to make it with the kettle and whatnot, but it never tastes as good as when I have it in restaurants, or when my boyfriend makes it (again, over the stove). I don't know if I'm not brewing it long enough, because it either tastes like flavoured water, or it just tastes so strong... I can't seem to perfect it.

husky
Informer
Informer

Post by husky »

It took me a while to get used to the taste, but I really love green tea. <3

hardlythere
Informer
Informer

Post by hardlythere »

ItsRawrzz wrote:I love the tea my boyfriend makes. He does it over the stove, with cardamom seeds and stuff like that. It takes super nice, and has ruined all kettle-boiled teas for me haha. One thing is green tea - I do try to make it with the kettle and whatnot, but it never tastes as good as when I have it in restaurants, or when my boyfriend makes it (again, over the stove). I don't know if I'm not brewing it long enough, because it either tastes like flavoured water, or it just tastes so strong... I can't seem to perfect it.
Have you tried different brands? Also, don't be afraid to look up steeping times and set a timer.

Return to “Food”