Healthy recipes

catwoman534
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Healthy recipes

Post by catwoman534 »

Hi! So I'm trying to find easy, healthy recipes to cook. I'm on a healthy kick now and want to lose some weight. I'm not into the raw kind of eating really, only thing I like to eat cold is salads. I like hot food. If you can post some recipes or direct me to a website that would be great! Thanks In advance!

beautymeg
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Healthy recipes

Post by beautymeg »

There are many healthy recipes that you can try in Pinterest or Youtube. I try many different healthy recipes from Pinterest and I really love it. It is so delicious and guilt free. Oatmeal/Porridge is one of the foods that I eat every day and top it with some fresh strawberries and banana.

Elenasnow
Learner
Learner

Post by Elenasnow »

not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here are some healthier alternatives that i try to use in meals :)
white rice -> quinoa
mashed potatoes -> mashed cauliflower
fruit juice -> fruit infused water
tomato sauce -> fresh diced tomato
fries -> sweet potato fries
mayo -> mashed avocado
pasta -> gluten free pasta

RazzleDazzle46
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by RazzleDazzle46 »

I no longer have the recipe I just throw stuff together, but zucchini lasagna. I love it with ground chicken(or if you like turkey). You can find a bunch of different recipes online and you can tweak it to your liking. When it comes to lasagna I think I like using zucchini better than noodles.

Cupcakefrosting
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cupcakefrosting »

Since it's the holiday season, how about some healthy almond nog? :) That's eggless eggnog made with almond milk. I promise that it's delicious!

You will need: (for 4-6 servings)

6 cups of unsweetened Silk almond milk.
5 Tablespoons honey.
2 teaspoons corn starch dissolved in a little bit of very hot water.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (get the real stuff).
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.

Mix or blend all together. Pour into a container and refrigerate until ready to serve. This is extremely delicious yet is healthy because there's nothing heavily processed. Shake well before pouring.

mBz
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mBz »

http://greatist.com/eat is my absolute favourite resource for healthy recipes - whether you're following a specific diet, or just cleaning your own up a bit - it will help you c: and the variety of different recipes is huge! totally recommend this site

wildc
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by wildc »

mBz wrote:http://greatist.com/eat is my absolute favourite resource for healthy recipes - whether you're following a specific diet, or just cleaning your own up a bit - it will help you c: and the variety of different recipes is huge! totally recommend this site
Great recommendation, thanks! :)

manu_voo
Informer
Informer

Post by manu_voo »

Don't have any specific recipes but cooking with herbs is a great way to add flavor to meals. Some of my favorites are basil (good for the classic spaghetti with meatballs or you can chop and add to any salad), dill (goes great with fish, or you can mix with some oil and vinegar to make a salad dressing), parsley (also great with salads or soups), rosemary (good with chicken and potatoes). In addition adding lemon, mustard, or red/white wine to certain meals will make them much better. Like others said, youtube, pinterest, and Google have thousands of yummy recipes. You can also go to your local library and rent some cookbooks (I personally like Greek cuisine cookbooks).

kingOfGossip
Talker
Talker

Post by kingOfGossip »

Making some amendments to what another poster said, if you can find these in your area:
white rice ->quinoa Try Miracle Rice. Its either in a speciality store or the Asian section.
mashed potatoes -> mashed cauliflower OR mashed turnips
fruit juice -> fruit infused water This is just not the same at all and not a good substitute. You could try just slowly watering down your juice. Water or sparkling lemon water is very good. You can also try switching to protein drinks.
tomato sauce -> fresh diced tomato, but tomato sauce, the plain stuff, is really not that bad for you.
fries -> sweet potato fries or turnips
mayo -> mashed avocado <3 <3
pasta -> gluten free pasta, more specifically, shiritaki or shiritaki's cousin (I forget what it is but it looks like Shiritaki)

[/highlight][/color][/size]

Return to “Food”