pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How often do you work out in a week?

Post by pixielein »

Hey guys,

i havent seen such topic here yet (if there is such topic, you can delete this :) ), so i thought it would be interesting to know how often do you work out in a week or how often did you work out in this week. Maybe we could also share what kind of excercises did u do, because i think it would be pretty motivating. :nana:

For example me:
i usually work out 4 times per week, but im pretty proud of me now because i worked out 6 times :)

and you?

Moonpie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: How often do you work out in a week?

Post by Moonpie »

I do something every day and I am 60.
I take zumba 3X weekly
yoga twice weekly
On the weekends, I take a 3 mile walk each day unless it rains. Then I do a DVD at home.

LauraJ
Informer
Informer

Post by LauraJ »

Every morning I get up at around 6am and go for a 60 minute run. I'm lucky that I have a massive oval track at the end of my street so I don't have to run on the pavement with cars driving past and people staring at me. I've also been doing classical ballet and rhythmic gymnastics since I was around 8 years old. I do 2 hours of ballet twice a week, and 1 hour of rhythmic gymnastics once a week. :D

pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pixielein »

thanks for the replies :)
its nice to hear y'll work out everyday :tu:

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

I currently have a trap injury so at the moment in recovery, but...I bike to and from work each day (20 x 2 cardio a day), 2 or 3 60 mins class of body pump and 2 60 mins classes of boot camp.
:love2: :love2:

pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pixielein »

oh i love body pump, but where i live we call it club power. i do it also mostly 2 in a week :)

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed »

Haha after reading these, mine looks so lame but anyways. I do a 15-20 min long workout every morning, it's not too intense and doesn't take much time and I can do it at home on my mat. Through my day When I remember I do 30 squats and when I get home from the office, I stretch. If I feel like it, I go for a walk/run on weekends. I am not too organized about my workout but small things throughout the day work better for me rather than 1hour long classes and intense workouts. *shrug*

pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pixielein »

if it works for you than its great :) i like intense workouts, however i find 60 min classes pretty long, but with a nice company the time goes fast :)
i used to go to an other gym, where the poeple in the classes were pretty mean, like they were laughing about u, if you couldnt do somthing, or u get tired and just stopped for a second, or if u were lame.

choochy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by choochy »

Pixilein, that doesn't sound like a very nice place to try and work out...holy cow.

As for whatever body movement a person does, I think it is something you do for yourself, so however you get what you'd like, I think it is all on the positive!

For me, I look at working out as a form of playing, so I like getting intense with it because I find the more I put into it, the more fun I have and the results for me have been exponential. :) I find it levels my energy out through the day, and makes me feel great.
:love2: :love2:

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

I run at least every other day, sometimes two days in a row and then a day off, so it's about 4 times a week.

pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pixielein »

choocky of corse you have to do it for yourself and stay/be positive, however its difficult if you have a bad enviromant. i wont ever understand why people do it, but not everybody can be so cool like we GG readers lol <3

fossilfinger and lauraJ how many miles/km do you run?

Aubade
Debater
Debater

Post by Aubade »

I try to work out 2-3 times a week. I do spinning (HIIT) each week, and then do some pilates or take a zumba class. I also do abs and arms at home.

jwolf5554
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jwolf5554 »

I do about an hour on the treadmill at 4mph at a 10 incline and about 20 minutes of legs (160 squats, inner and outer thighs and various butt exercises) a day 5 days a week. On the two days I'm not on the treadmill I walk outside for about 45-60 minutes up and down hills and do my squats and other leg exercises still. This is mainly because I gained a lot of weight due to a condition I had with a pituitary tumor and hormone levels being out of whack and am just trying to lose the weight I gained during that time. Once I lose that weight I gained I will cut back a little bit and probably only work out 5 days a week on the treadmill.

ScarlettOlivia
Learner
Learner

Post by ScarlettOlivia »

I make sure I get some type of cardio everyday (usually 30-60 minutes), then I have a schedule for my weight training
Upper body: Monday & Thursday
Abdominals: Tuesday & Friday
Lower body: Wednesday & Saturday
Sunday is my day off for weight training

LauraJ
Informer
Informer

Post by LauraJ »

pixielein wrote:choocky of corse you have to do it for yourself and stay/be positive, however its difficult if you have a bad enviromant. i wont ever understand why people do it, but not everybody can be so cool like we GG readers lol <3

fossilfinger and lauraJ how many miles/km do you run?
Probably around 6 miles per hour which is pretty average (i think). :D

SeeMyVest

Post by SeeMyVest »

I lift heavy weights 5/6 days a week for an hour, do half an hour of yoga daily and do cardio whenever I feel like it. Once I have some more cash I'm going to begin pole fitness and mma (:

Post by Guest »

i jog for an hour in the early mornings 4 times a week, yoga or pilates or weights twice a week, and 1 day off doing nothing and being lazy and sleeping lots and sometimes sobbing while i watch my shows with a big batch of popcorn.

beautymeg
Lurker
Lurker

Post by beautymeg »

I really love working out in the morning and I have a simple workout routine every week. I used to work out 5 times a week and I spend about 30 minutes every time I work out. I started my week with a good cardio workout and yoga. It helps me to have a good breathing and yoga helps me improve my flexibility.

hocuspocus
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by hocuspocus »

I'm currently doing one of the fitness blender plans so I do those videos mon-fri and I also run 3-4 times a week aswell.

Gyuzizi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Gyuzizi »

I work out at least 4 times in a week but try to strive for 5 or 6. I usually lift weights at the gym with some ab workouts and if I'm feeling ambitious that day I'll do some cardio. I did hot yoga and really enjoyed it, so I'd like to incorporate that into my schedule as well as other activities such as boxing, pole dancing, etc -- I just want to do it all! :lol:

Return to “Fitness”