Portable iPhone charger

crowcrow
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Portable iPhone charger

Post by crowcrow »

Hi, I want to buy a portable iPhone charger, and I was thinking, does the number next to mAh indicate how much energy the battery gonna hold i.e. the higher the mAh, the more energy it contains? and how much of mAh would be a good choice?

Thanks!!<3

LauraJ
Informer
Informer

Re: Portable iPhone charger

Post by LauraJ »

Yes mAh is the amount of energy that a battery can hold, and the higher the mAh the longer it will be able to charge. Although the numbers don't exactly translate to how long you can use the charger for. For example if you had a charger with 4000mAh, that doesn't mean it will give you double the charging time of a 2000mAh one. The mAh capacity you want to get just depends on how much you're willing to pay. The higher the mAh, the more it costs. If you're from the UK and have a iPhone 4/4s you can try the Juice cubes. They're really cute and come in different colours.

http://www.johnlewis.com/juice-cube-eme ... 231907817#

crowcrow
Informer
Informer

Post by crowcrow »

Thanks so much for the answer! i think I might go for 5600mAh one on eBay... if my iphone died, I've got iPhone 5, and then I'd plug the 5600mAh charger in, would it charge it fully back on? If so, how much mAh would be left after one full charging?

That's probably way too technical and you haven't even got a clue XD Thanks anyway!!

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Some guy from the Apple Store told me that to charge it to 100% you need about 1500mAh I think.. I may be wrong but that's what I remember.

LauraJ
Informer
Informer

Post by LauraJ »

^Yeah the iphone 5 holds exactly 1440mAh. It's hard to say how much mAh would remain after fully charging because energy is lost in other forms while it's charging, such as heat. I'm going to guess you can get 2 and a half full charges but the only way to know for sure is to buy it and test it and see how many times you can use it. Also be careful when buying off ebay. Make sure you read plenty of reviews before buying. I usually email the seller and ask questions. :D

crowcrow
Informer
Informer

Post by crowcrow »

Thankyouuuuu!<3

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

Whatever you do, don't get a mophie case. They don't charge your phone back up to 100% like they claim to. And they're expensive and don't protect your phone at all.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Mallory wrote:Whatever you do, don't get a mophie case. They don't charge your phone back up to 100% like they claim to. And they're expensive and don't protect your phone at all.
I have to thank you because I was planning on buying one next week, but I won't now :) I have some portable chargers that have saved my butt many times.

crowcrow
Informer
Informer

Post by crowcrow »

Thanks I ordered 5200 mAh one off eBay China for 5 quid!:)

Return to “Apple”