Shane: Lying, Crying and Retiring Dawson :,) (Pt. 26)

renette
Learner
Learner

Re: Shane: Lying, Crying and Retiring Dawson :,) (Pt. 26)

Post by renette » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:16 pm

I liked the video too, tbh. It came with those squad vibes to some extent, Shane felt more relaxed, more himself (which confirms that it's an old footage, I don't really know how you guys found out the exact month though). We see Garrett again, I always liked how Shane appreciated him being a dork and how strangely sincere he is around him. I hope they're still friends despite what we see. The video is even less substantial than his whole J* series, but it's too short for people to be bothered. I mean yeah, cameras and creeps, cool, so what? What's the conclusion, beware of your showerheads, don't shy away from being paranoid? It's like he threw shit on the fan and doesn't want to clean after himself.

At least it's somewhat easy on the eye, yes it started as one thing turned into another and ended with nothing, but it was nice, like when they used to go to a mall and just film there without a grand idea. Like hey someone's been murdered here, creepy, oh there's jizz on the wall, oh and another one on garretts pants, i'm hungry, wait what this whole thing was about stalkers and cameras?? YOU'RE JOKER!

Sad we don't see this Shane any more. And sad that he became what he used to mock. I think maybe he feels caged in this new 'ultra serious and revolutionary foku-series' format and is afraid of doing something goofy and easy, bc of his new audience, that it could ruin his stats or smth, hence the upload to the second channel.

kramodadragon
Talker
Talker

Post by kramodadragon » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:13 pm

Ugh I just HATE the conspiracy videos. I like the “squad” doing stuff but I find the conspiracy stuff so boring and over dramatic.

30 min video on spy cams? Like... yeah? Spy cams are a thing? Was this video meant to shock me? Of course there are weird pervs and hackers on earth. I was waiting for the shocking twist angle. Sure you can check every hotel room you go to for the rest of your life, but odds are you’ll never find a camera. It’s isolated cases with weird pervy owners at cheap motels. Not the Marriott. I could have gotten all the same information by watching the news reports he cut in and typing “spy cams” into amazon. He added nothing other than half heartedly presenting that information while dicking around with his friends. I genuinely don’t understand the appeal. What is he adding to the discussion? Talking to manufacturers of the spy cams? Taking to real victims? It’s just “here’s the information....lol ok bye”. Like, what else?!? I don’t get it.

When they were talking about the smoke detector and Garrett said “this is so important for you to be putting out there” and Ryland was like “everywhere you stay you need to be looking”. I was waiting for the disclaimer saying “DONT FUCK AROUND WITH HOTEL SMOKE DETECTORS. IF THEY ARE AUTHENTIC YOU ARE TAMPERING WITH FIRE SAFETY EQUIPMENT AND COULD PUT PEOPLE IN SERIOUS FUCKING DANGER IF YOU DAMAGE IT AND THE NEXT PERSON STAYING THERE DOESNT KNOW YOU BROKE IT LOOKING FOR SPY CAMERAS”. Like, Shane, for fucks sake you know your audience is impressionable. I couldn’t believe they just let that shit fly! You just know kids are going to copy him now, just read Twitter and the comments.

In short, in the words of Bobby Burns, TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE CONTENT.

abrahamlincoln
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Post by abrahamlincoln » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:53 pm

Am I the only one who isn't familiar with ALL these cameras and to this degree? I had no idea they were in hotel rooms, and now I'm paranoid because I've actually seen the USB charger one before. I hate Shane, I do, but I love Garrett and the squad hanging out and now I actually need to check. I stay at cheap hotels all the time. This isn't something I would think of to check on the news. Wow.

Now do I need heartbeat sound effects and a bunch of jumpshots and things? Na, but I'm glad I know now. For once. And now I need to be more aware when I stay at Air BNBs

JuliettaGrey87
Informer
Informer

Post by JuliettaGrey87 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:58 pm

I can't stand Morgan. I really really tried but I can't. She is so obnoxious and insufferable.

And of course his stupid "oh my God oh my God"

blindxfaith
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by blindxfaith » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:02 pm

Jesus, I don't like Morgan at all, and I can only tolerate Garrett in very small doses, but somehow when they get together, they're the most annoying pairing. I actually liked other videos without Garrett in there lol.

Anyways this video sucked for me, idk.

kozume
Informer
Informer

Post by kozume » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:16 pm

_pinesol wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:55 pm
Hamil wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:46 pm
How the fuck is 'hey guys, hidden cameras exist' a fucking conspiracy theory? Like...we knew?? Most people knew that hidden cameras existed already. He is literally just taking boring news stories crafted specifically to scare boomers and reformatting them to scare gen z. XD
I know hidden cameras exist but honestly, this was still informative to me because I didn’t realize to the extent that people would go through to hide cameras. Never did I think about a picture frame or an iPhone charger. It never really crosses my mind in rentals or anything but it was kind of a good reminder 🤷🏻‍♀️
i lived in south korea for a while and god, i literally bought one of those "hidden camera detectors" and everytime i would go anywhere (from my rental to any guest house to a simple bathroom) i would check everything lol bc it's been known that hidden cameras are a huge problem there (check molkas) so for me, this information is not new at all and doesn't blow my mind lol
English is my second language so i'm sorry for any mistakes

bunny__
Informer
Informer

Post by bunny__ » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:07 pm

This video seems too little too late for me. I would have enjoyed it way more if it was uploaded last May when they filmed it. It was also a superficial scrape on the subject. I did enjoy that he had a squad again and completely duped them into coming to that hotel.

Also I don't really understand how this video is a different format? It didn't warrant being on the second channel at all for that reason. There's no reason to have 2 channels. I feel like he's running away from the success of the Shane channel and is uploading to this second one because he's too afraid to fail infront of such a large audience with less impressive videos. This man needs a therapist.

Gurugossiping
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by Gurugossiping » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:17 pm

alright im watching the vid now and i gotta admit i like it. probably because garret's in it, so i'll give him the credit he deserves. ik this is an old vid, but i hope they're still friends

kramodadragon
Talker
Talker

Post by kramodadragon » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:25 pm

What do Andrew, Ryland and Morgan actually add? I don’t understand their appeal. Garrett and Shane are atleast funny and engaging on camera. Morgan I guess is meant to be “relatable”, except she isn’t. Ryland is just there, he may as well have not been in the video he made zero impression. And Andrew just provides a laugh track for non existent punchlines like it’s a 90s sitcom to make the audience think the video is funnier than it is. Had the video been Shane and Garrett I probably would have enjoyed it more.

Like his past “squad members”; Garrett, Drew, Lisa, Trisha, Shanna, Jess on the podcast etc have all been quite big characters themselves, who are entertaining and talented in their own right and actually bring something extra when they collab with Shane and elevate the video. I can’t think of a single think Morgan, Andrew or Ryland have said that have made me laugh out loud in my room or brought added value to his videos. They just aren’t “entertainers” like his past squad members were. I think that’s where my problem lies with them. They just aren’t entertaining lol

KylaCutie
Learner
Learner

Post by KylaCutie » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:13 am

I wasn't planning on watching his newest vid, but reddit said it was a full squad moment and not one of his traditional sit down conspiracy videos so I watched and was pleasantly surprised. I thought this was definitely the best content that he's put out in the last year and a half tbh. It was mildly informative without getting in to offensive territory (lasers started the California fires anyone?), wasn't defending a complete piece of shit or flippantly jumping into a life threatening situation for clout and the edit was fairly decent besides the somewhat excessive use of stock footage! It was nice to see Garrett too, his energy can get a bit high sometimes when he's nervous but for me he has the very unusual quality of being able to make everyone around him more likeable. Him and Shane always had such good energy together, it was one of the things I enjoyed most about his videos.

Why the hell was it on Shane's second channel though? I thought that was for his make up lewks. It's ridiculous that he released that pallet like 3??? months ago and bitch hasn't so much as touched it since. Hell, even Jeff only managed to bang out a half hearted smokey eye on his channel which Shane didn't even bother to show up to... Honestly if Shane does actually attempt to film a makeup look though, I will absolutely live for it! I can actually do makeup (I'm no Pat McGrath but I could probably start a makeup IG or some crap and get some likes) and unless Shane has DRAMATICALLY improved over the holidays then that shit will be hilarious and he will get dragged.

modestpeach
Learner
Learner

Post by modestpeach » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:18 am

I knew I recognized his big dumb face staring blankly into the camera in a cheap hotel room from somewhere... oh yeah, June 8th, 2019 :roll:

ssafterly
Talker
Talker

Post by ssafterly » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:27 am

it was definitely filmed a while ago, you can tell by shanes outfit and the non existant rings lol

_windsor_
Learner
Learner

Post by _windsor_ » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:30 am

kramodadragon wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:25 pm
What do Andrew, Ryland and Morgan actually add? I don’t understand their appeal. Garrett and Shane are atleast funny and engaging on camera. Morgan I guess is meant to be “relatable”, except she isn’t. Ryland is just there, he may as well have not been in the video he made zero impression. And Andrew just provides a laugh track for non existent punchlines like it’s a 90s sitcom to make the audience think the video is funnier than it is. Had the video been Shane and Garrett I probably would have enjoyed it more.

Like his past “squad members”; Garrett, Drew, Lisa, Trisha, Shanna, Jess on the podcast etc have all been quite big characters themselves, who are entertaining and talented in their own right and actually bring something extra when they collab with Shane and elevate the video. I can’t think of a single think Morgan, Andrew or Ryland have said that have made me laugh out loud in my room or brought added value to his videos. They just aren’t “entertainers” like his past squad members were. I think that’s where my problem lies with them. They just aren’t entertaining lol
I could not agree more. Andrew, Morgan and Ryland have got to be the most boring people on the planet and they have no chemistry as a group, but I think it's because Andrew is payed to be there, Ryland is his fiance and Morgan is his fiance's sister so none of them are actually Shane's friends just people who are always around. I wish Shane would just make videos with Garrett again because the two of them together are great and Shane is much happier and likable when Garrett is around.

candlequitter
Debater
Debater

Post by candlequitter » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:53 pm

The biggest difference to me in terms of this latest upload vs. everything he's uploaded in like, the past 2 years is that he looks like he's having fun in this one.

bananahammock90
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by bananahammock90 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:40 pm

candlequitter wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:53 pm
The biggest difference to me in terms of this latest upload vs. everything he's uploaded in like, the past 2 years is that he looks like he's having fun in this one.
True! You can tell he was really excited to trick his friends lol He was relaxed and having fun and it came through the screen. The last “docuseries” he just seemed stressed and depressed.

Melody7827
Informer
Informer

Post by Melody7827 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:40 pm

KylaCutie wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:13 am
Honestly if Shane does actually attempt to film a makeup look though, I will absolutely live for it! I can actually do makeup (I'm no Pat McGrath but I could probably start a makeup IG or some crap and get some likes) and unless Shane has DRAMATICALLY improved over the holidays then that shit will be hilarious and he will get dragged.
As great as that sounds, I'm sure his fans will excuse it. In jeffrees thread, the j star cosmetics reddit was brought it up. Some awful looks in there and everyone's praising how beautiful it is
Stans are going to stand by anything Shane puts on his face IF he even bothers

Gurugossiping
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by Gurugossiping » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:55 pm

i wouldn't be surprised if shane does a series sitting down with trisha next. i know they've done stuff in the past, but it was more for comedic relief. i have a feeling he'll dive deep into her emotional relationship/breakup with jason nash, and the vlog squad drama, her spiral(s), and the most recent scandal-- her pretending to be a trans for views

she's a mess but id watch lmao

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:45 pm

Gurugossiping wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:55 pm
i wouldn't be surprised if shane does a series sitting down with trisha next. i know they've done stuff in the past, but it was more for comedic relief. i have a feeling he'll dive deep into her emotional relationship/breakup with jason nash, and the vlog squad drama, her spiral(s), and the most recent scandal-- her pretending to be a trans for views

she's a mess but id watch lmao
I think that would be the last straw for A LOT of people. While there are fans of both of them, there are a lot of people who can't stand her that only watched her videos when Shane was in them and would complain when she was featured in his videos. She is the female (whatever the fuck she is identifying as today) version of him but ten times worse. There are too many scandals and Shane is not going to actually dive into them. He will accept her cookie cutter answer of "I'm an internet troll" for every single answer. She has legit sat down to make videos where she is definitely not trolling but they were received so poorly she had no choice but to claim she was.

Plus, I really don't want to see Shane try to compare his own scandals with her stupidity. They both have said and done very fucked up things and neither should have platforms. All a Shane series would do is get Trisha more fans like it did for Jeffree.

greysweatpants20
Debater
Debater

Post by greysweatpants20 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:01 pm

I don't know if Shane would actually do a series with Trisha. Not because he's above it but because he risks pissing off David Dobrik/Vlog Squad fans who absolutely despise Trisha (with good reason).

disgracedwaterpuppy
Learner
Learner

Post by disgracedwaterpuppy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:13 am

A series on Trisha would only be on the map if she did something extremely controversial that blew up beyond the sphere of very online youtuber drama, since most people nowadays know she's just a professional troll. Also I think Shane genuinely likes Trisha, and wouldn't really be willing to even do a fake expose of her and her life. Those videos he made with her a few years ago were as close as anyone will ever be to see the "real" Trisha, I think.

boydbunny03
Learner
Learner

Post by boydbunny03 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:45 pm

I watched the new video last night and I've got other comments but first things first...did he go back and cut the McDonald's part out?? I see people talking about that but I don't remember seeing it? Or did I fall asleep and I'm not remembering lmao??

Gurugossiping
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by Gurugossiping » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:22 pm

boydbunny03 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:45 pm
I watched the new video last night and I've got other comments but first things first...did he go back and cut the McDonald's part out?? I see people talking about that but I don't remember seeing it? Or did I fall asleep and I'm not remembering lmao??
it was in the beginning but i dont really know why bc it didnt fit. is it not there anymore?

Slyfoxx
Learner
Learner

Post by Slyfoxx » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:02 pm

Looks like Shame Flawson and Jerry Shart are together again.

On IG stories Jerry said they are working on something. "HELLO MARCH" *Zoom in on disgusting inbred face*

Probably just the revamp of the mini palette with that new green shade.

At this point I feel like they don't even need to advertise bc they have so many people bowing at their feet smh.

You know they wouldn't pass up a photo shoot though.

purple_lampshade
Learner
Learner

Post by purple_lampshade » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:11 pm

absolutetrash wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:26 am
Happy_one wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:36 am
what happened to Shannon Malcolm's youtube channel? all of her videos are no longer public.
I believe that she's had some pregnancy troubles the past few years, a miscarriage(?) and also got a boyfriend/fiancee? Maybe she's working a traditional job now/Starting a new life and leaving YT behind her.

Good for her.
She's rebranding

Ms_Toob
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Ms_Toob » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:51 am

Are people sure the new vid was filmed in May? I trust the sleuthing, just wondering how people know because it makes me think even more that Shane is just using Garrett at this point. People (myself included) have been wondering where Garrett went to, and suddenly an old squad vid gets uploaded? On a separate channel? That was supposed to be for make-up videos? WTF? I don't even want the squad together anymore, the whole group needs to break up and go to therapy (a real therapist, not an enabling sycophant who diagnoses people as "yucky").

Return to “Shane Dawson”