Shane “lipgloss on a pig” Glossin - Part 24

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane “lipgloss on a pig” Glossin - Part 24

Post by Im-A-Doll »

The wear on the tracksuit is clearly from him sitting on his ass all day doing nothing. :lol: Trashy man and very cheap, I have a couple of fake market tops that have done the same thing and they definitely didn't cost me £45/£55.

stellapeach
Informer
Informer

Post by stellapeach »

Found this on Twitter and thought you guys might enjoy it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potbaby
Learner
Learner

Post by Potbaby »

Peppa Schmint wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:55 pm
Nice to see that non stans are saying what it really is. This is an article from Business Insider

Double post BUT OMG!!!!
JEFFREE!!!
HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING FROM AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL??
HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S MISSING A LEG!

Peppa Schmint
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Peppa Schmint »

Im-A-Doll wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:54 pm
The wear on the tracksuit is clearly from him sitting on his ass all day doing nothing. :lol: Trashy man and very cheap, I have a couple of fake market tops that have done the same thing and they definitely didn't cost me £45/£55.
Exactly - that shit is rubbed out on the back from couch cushions lmao. Shane is a disgusting slob who pees in buckets and literally wears his clothes until they have holes in them and are disintegrating off his back. But now we wanna look at a ratty jacket and think he treats this piece of clothing any different?? Ummm ok

danru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by danru »

My partner is in America at the moment, we haven't talked about the Shane Dawson cash grab at all really since I've just been watching and bitching, he isn't that into youtubers, and the last time we watched some Shane together was a while ago before I really went off his videos...

Partner has messaged me saying he's got me a present from the holiday... and it's the damn Conspiracy palette xD

I've had to pretend I'm happy and be super grateful because it was a really sweet thought... but ohhh nooooo!

Post by Guest »

hooyahdelete23 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:03 am

sidenote: does this whole empath thing annoy anyone esle here? i feel like everyone and their mother's call themselves 'empaths' and the word is mainly used by ppl like shane, who let's be honest is the furthest thing from an empath. i feel like it's a trendy way of virtue signalling tbh.
They are usually the least empathetic people, ever, too. Which it's like c'mon at least know the meaning of the word you're trying to use to make yourself seem nicer than you are!!

I feel like it's just a word for people who can't control their emotions and reactions to things, and expect everyone else to cater to their emotional rollercoaster.

switchstreets wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:48 am

I have yet to meet a self identified empath who isn't just a very selfish attention seeker. :?

E.g. SHANE
Agreed.

Post by Guest »

hooyah123 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:17 pm
burgersplease wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:13 pm
More than it being worn out, I really don’t get why he didn’t wear his own merch. That just... makes no sense?
he's in the jeffree star cult
I misread that. Still stands. lol.

auntiflo13
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by auntiflo13 »

Shane looks like a busted sofa......
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

CheesyBirdMess wrote:
hooyahdelete23 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:03 am

sidenote: does this whole empath thing annoy anyone esle here? i feel like everyone and their mother's call themselves 'empaths' and the word is mainly used by ppl like shane, who let's be honest is the furthest thing from an empath. i feel like it's a trendy way of virtue signalling tbh.
They are usually the least empathetic people, ever, too. Which it's like c'mon at least know the meaning of the word you're trying to use to make yourself seem nicer than you are!!

I feel like it's just a word for people who can't control their emotions and reactions to things, and expect everyone else to cater to their emotional rollercoaster.

switchstreets wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:48 am

I have yet to meet a self identified empath who isn't just a very selfish attention seeker. :?

E.g. SHANE
Agreed.
Yes all of the above.

I think it takes a certain kind of "sheltered" to announce yourself as an empath. We all have great capacity for sympathy, empathy and feeling what others are feeling - and when we don't have an awful lot of our own "emotional noise" going on (because we're sheltered/fortunate/doing well) it's much easier to amp up your imagination of others' feelings.

Put any "empath" in more trying, testing, draining situations and they, too, will have no fucks left to give about others' feelings. It's human to have a limit to how much mental space you have to focus on others' needs.

Everyone's a fucking empath until they're not :roll:
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

xoanag
Learner
Learner

Post by xoanag »

Did anyone see petty paige talking about the pallete and BitchLux being soooooo positive about everything and shocked when she didnt like smth. Looool

youngcurls
Talker
Talker

Post by youngcurls »

Shane is drawn to fucked up people - the Jeffree, Trisha, and Tana's of the world. He thinks he's an empath because he identifies with them so much. That's a small part of why his relationship with Ryland has always seemed off to me because what could Shane, who feeds off of trauma and mental illness, get from a spoiled little man who had a good childhood and nice suburban family?

catsnotgotmytongue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catsnotgotmytongue »

CheesyBirdMess wrote: ~iM aN eMpAtH~

The fact that there are that many people screaming, standing in line, waiting to spend hundreds of $$$ for those two scares me to my core.

As for the palette, I'm someone that buys make up and my honest opinion is I wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't look twice at the color story in a store, and don't even get me started on the mini. The whole thing looks chalky, and if there is maybe 1 colour that is decent, you could find it elsewhere.
With all the palettes out nowadays, are there really any new shades?? The industry is over saturated and over priced.
Don't stan so close to me

Sunflower08
Learner
Learner

Post by Sunflower08 »

That whole ‘empath’ thing everyone uses it loosely. It irks me. In my opinion everyone has moments where they could feel someone’s energy (like a good friend you just click with) or feel drained being around a bunch of people (I mean who wouldn’t? Everyone is different I’m sure it’s draining no matter what) but to label your self as ‘Mary Theresa Empath of the fucked up of Youtubers’ that’s just you leeching off drama to make money #sorrynotsorry SHANE

kramodadragon
Talker
Talker

Post by kramodadragon »

Noticed a few people now commenting that the James Charles palette is better than the ShanexJeffree palette. Cheaper. Bigger. More colors. More blendable. Better shades for darker skin tones. Better formula. More versatile etc. With SDxJC you're essentially paying for the packaging (which admittedly is more complex but gimmicky in my opinion) and Shane's name. People like to shit on James Charles, including me, for non-makeup related drama usually. But when it comes to makeup, he wasn't learning how to do eyeliner during production of his palette. He knew his shit and produced a product with full knowledge of what works and what people need etc etc. If I were to buy a palette and you put the two side by side, I would go for the James Charles palette everytime.

no_strings
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by no_strings »

"He wasn't learning how to do eyeliner during production of his pallet"

This a thousand times over.

But the dumb sheep are all "oh poor Shane, give him a round of applause bc he managed to get out of bed this morning... Wow he's really trying to get good at makeup... Gold star! He deserves millions for that!"

It makes me stabby.
Gurus are like that friend/partner/family member that you constantly walk on eggshells around, because they get offended at the drop of a hat. The ones you blink at funny and they never speak to you again :tu:

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

kramodadragon wrote:Noticed a few people now commenting that the James Charles palette is better than the ShanexJeffree palette. Cheaper. Bigger. More colors. More blendable. Better shades for darker skin tones. Better formula. More versatile etc. With SDxJC you're essentially paying for the packaging (which admittedly is more complex but gimmicky in my opinion) and Shane's name. People like to shit on James Charles, including me, for non-makeup related drama usually. But when it comes to makeup, he wasn't learning how to do eyeliner during production of his palette. He knew his shit and produced a product with full knowledge of what works and what people need etc etc. If I were to buy a palette and you put the two side by side, I would go for the James Charles palette everytime.
I like the colours in the JC palette (I have it) but the payoff is really not good. Some shades are great, others are terrible. The white doesn’t even show up on the lid. Tons of shades don’t blend, they just stick where you place them and don’t move. Even though James picked the colours, it’s unfortunately still a morphe product and morphe’s makeup is dogshit being made from children in China.

Jeffree’s palettes have really great pigment and are blendable, but his price point is very high and could be so much lower if he relaxed on the packaging. The blood sugar pans aren’t deep yet the massive case it’s in makes me have to carry it separately from my makeup bag. Not that the James palette is small either lol.

Just some insight from someone who’s experienced both brands, sorry for going a bit off topic.

Back to Jesus-Empath Dawson. Was Davis (the artist) even mentioned in the ‘dOcUmEnTaRy’? I only saw Shane’s praise once he quoted his tweet like someone mentioned above. Typical Shane acting like him and Andrew Hyena Screech Siwicki acting like they did it all.

Post by Guest »

no_strings wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:21 pm
"He wasn't learning how to do eyeliner during production of his pallet"

This a thousand times over.

But the dumb sheep are all "oh poor Shane, give him a round of applause bc he managed to get out of bed this morning... Wow he's really trying to get good at makeup... Gold star! He deserves millions for that!"

It makes me stabby.
OMG Yes. Like I'm all for trying to encourage people, but at the same time if you need reinforcement every single time you do anything, are you even an adult anymore?

I hate how a lot of people in the world feel the need to be externally acknowledged and given rewards for the most basic shit, like being a decent person, and doing 'adult' things like every other human on the planet does. Whatever happened to your own ethics and merit being it's own reward? Feel proud of onself and knowing you did good, and that's all that matters.

I also feel like if you're only doing the 'good' and 'right' thing so you can be praised for it, I worry your sense of morality could easily be swayed by others, and I do not like that one bit. Have some integrity and stick to your standards, people!

Post by Guest »

Sunflower08 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:13 pm
That whole ‘empath’ thing everyone uses it loosely. It irks me. In my opinion everyone has moments where they could feel someone’s energy (like a good friend you just click with) or feel drained being around a bunch of people (I mean who wouldn’t? Everyone is different I’m sure it’s draining no matter what) but to label your self as ‘Mary Theresa Empath of the fucked up of Youtubers’ that’s just you leeching off drama to make money #sorrynotsorry SHANE
Precisely! We as humans are capable of such a varied range of emotions. I loathe these labels that get thrown around like introvert or extrovert. So many damn boxes people keep trying to shove THEMSELVES into, when most of us are just a range of all of them.

There are moments where I am introverted and moments where I am extroverted, moments where I feel a lot of empathy, and absolutely moments where I will instead of empathy feel bitterness and apathy. Do I go around calling myself an Apath? Or bitter? I CAN be any of those things, but it's not my totality. Nor is it anyone elses.

kramodadragon
Talker
Talker

Post by kramodadragon »

Going on a rant guys sorry I have some feelings.

I've noticed from social media it seems to be his older fans that aren't buying into this at all. You know why that is? I've watched Shane Dawson for the best part of a decade. I've seen him go from skits, to characters, to music video parodies, to original music videos, to food videos, to conspiracy videos, to youtube challenges, to collabs, to vlogs to docuseries and everything in between I can't even remember them all.

But the one thing I always remember, that tied all those things together, was Shanes big dream. The reason he picked up that camera and made his first video. The reason he, his mother and a bunch of employees got fired from Jenny Craig for filming a video at work. His reason he started his YouTube channel and got to the level of fame he has now. He wanted to be a director. He always said his dream and his passion was for making films. And his fans were supportive of that. Even when he changed up his content, it always felt like you were supporting his passion. His music videos were well produced. His movie (though shitty) was his brand of humor. Videos where you can tell he put real effort and money into working towards his dream. Even by giving him views, you felt like, oh well if some exec sees his views maybe he'll get his dream someday. I remember him crying about Wes Craven dying because he loved Scream and he was his inspiration. His short film The Lottery was great. Even his earlier docuseries, like reconnecting with his dad, felt genuine and were still supporting his dream of being a director or getting his own show. I remember thinking when he started doing the docuseries type videos, wow, these are actually doing really well. I could see MTV or someone like that picking up a series. People felt good about supporting those videos because they were consistent with the dream Shane had always talked about. He was always the outsider, alternative, fucked up guy on YouTube with the shitty start to life, and you felt good maybe him finding his dream someday.

I feel like it changed around the Jake Paul series. I think seeing the wealth and success these kids were getting changed him. That along with the Jeffree Star series, again all about wealth, Rylands materialism, suddenly his dream he had talked about to his fans for a decade wasn't there anymore. Suddenly, directing and producing was a burden and a struggle. Despite uploading every week for years, suddenly it was a struggle to get a video out even with help. Snapping at people on Twitter if they mentioned it. He doesn't talk about making movies or tv shows anymore, the passion he talked about for decades is gone. I genuinely believe he saw how rich Jake, Tana and Jeffree were, how little they work, how much money they make from merch, and that Shane his older fans knew for a decade was dead. Where he would have laughed and made fun of the rich, spoiled, LA Youtubers, now he wanted to be one and join the clique. Literally done a Mean Girls. As someone who has watched him for 10 years, I don't recognise that person anymore. I feel like Drew and Garrett were his last connections to that life, and they don't seem to be around anymore. For fans who have supported him since the beginning with that dream of being a director someday, it's a slap in the face for him to suddenly decide oh, my passion is makeup now?!? I doesn't feel genuine at all. He sold out, and his oldest fans know it.

Where giving him money before was limited to a shitty $20 tshirt (like every YouTuber), seeing his movie (which was connected to his passion) and buying his books (which are stories from his life which he adapted into short films). They were all small purchases and you felt like you were funding his dream. Now it's suddenly $50 makeup palettes and $40 pig slides for this new passion he's had for less than a year. He hasn't demonstrated to me, over the last 10 years I've been watching, he's had ANY passion for makeup at all! So why should I be forking over vast sums of money to support this new found passion? He could have said "guys, I'm really into butter churning now, I'm releasing a line of butter and custom butter churners" and it would have made equal amount of sense to me. The only difference being there's not much money in butter churning. I think if he were genuinely passionate about makeup which he insists he is, I wouldn't have had an issue with his products, IF he had taken atleast a year, collabed with gurus, learnt the craft, actually thought about whether this is his passion or a fad he's into at the moment because beauty channel drama happens to be big right now. If he had come out a year from now or even later, showing his progress through 2020 of his makeup skills, and said "guys I'm doing a palette if you're interested, I'm really passionate about this and spent a lot of time learning" I think I would have had much less of an issue and respect that he actually took the time to atleast learn and give the appearance that this isn't a cashgrab.

For older fans, watching these young fans clamoring for this palette, it just confuses me and give me that icky feeling that he's exploiting his youngest fans for financial gain. His older fans know him and understand this doesn't feel genuine. His younger fans who may have only started watching him recently since the Jake and Tana series, growing up in a YouTube where cashgrabs and $80 merch is the norm, see this as normal YouTuber behaviour, don't question it at all, will stan anything they do and will attack anyone who dares criticize. It does feel exploitative to me, when supporting a YouTuber 10 years ago meant buying a tshirt, now means buying an $80 dollar back pack, the more you buy and post on Instagram the more cool you are. Shane must know his audience skews young, the pressures kids these days are under and feeding into that for financial gain is wrong to me. Especially from his own life experiences growing up poor, you'd think he'd have stopped and thought "hmmm, maybe the poorer kids who watch me who can't afford $80 for a backpack will feel left out". Like dude, you made a whole short film about growing up in a family struggling with money. Like I said before, even if it had been like you were supporting his actual passion, it wouldn't have felt as bad, but I don't believe for a second that makeup is his lifelong passion all of a sudden.

I don't know. I have a lot of feelings about this I can't even convey them all, and none of them are good. Just a shitty situation in my opinion. Gradually lost more and more respect for him as I've watched this all unfold.

tahtee
Informer
Informer

Post by tahtee »

If anyone finds any negative reviews on the palette can you please link them here? The only ones I’m seeing are from biased people like rich lux and I wanna watch a real review

Return to “Shane Dawson”