Shane “lipgloss on a pig” Glossin - Part 24

andsoforth
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane “lipgloss on a pig” Glossin - Part 24

Post by andsoforth »

I’ve been lurking for so long here but holy shit. I scrolled the hashtag just now on twitter and saw videos from the meet and greet. Honestly it’s the most depressing spectacle of first world privilege I’ve ever seen play out in real time. Lines and lines of obese women and girls with too much free time and too much to eat queueing in massive numbers CLAMORING to make two cynical millionaires into multimillionaires. The world is fucking broken.

danru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by danru »

I actually feel sorry for Ryland... I think he can be super irritating and got way too into the "bougie" character he started to play up in Shane's videos, but god living with Shane must be so depressing. Being with someone so desperate for everyone else's attention when you're right there? It destroys your self confidence. At this point all the guy has is Gucci!

Post by Guest »

https://youtu.be/aK2ef4Qgj0Q

I'm howling at his Shane parody. I honestly did not think the British commentary lads had the balls for this.

They've even mentioned shanaynay and copied Andrews wild inability to keep the camera in focus. :rofl:

Joy_yoongi
Learner
Learner

Post by Joy_yoongi »

switchstreets wrote: https://youtu.be/aK2ef4Qgj0Q

I'm howling at his Shane parody. I honestly did not think the British commentary lads had the balls for this.

They've even mentioned shanaynay and copied Andrews wild inability to keep the camera in focus. :rofl:
I love this video! Finally someone speaking out on the bs even if it’s subtle lmao
english isn't my first language sorry for any mistakes lol

Post by Guest »

Oh boy the tone of this post worries me: Typical Shane and Jeffree fanatics with little self reflection - that poor kid :(

April114
Lurker
Lurker

Post by April114 »

Comparing shaneXjefree's pallete to Tati's, I'd rather buy Tati's pallete. The colour is more wearable and color story is well thought out. Where shane's just "ohh I want a shade call cheetos dust, this color looks like cheetos dust, put it in there". I know Tati is no saint but at least the pallete she comes out with makes sense. Not just some unorganized mess.

auntiflo13
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by auntiflo13 »

I've had to wade through many reports of arguing on here and have deleted quite a few posts. Can we please stay on topic and stop the arguing. Thank you :love2:
Stay home, stay safe & keep healthy <3

MichaelScarn_
Learner
Learner

Post by MichaelScarn_ »

ladyinblue wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:03 pm
Long time reader, first time commenter (for this thread at least). I admit I have slowly started to fall off the band wagon of Shane and Jeffree but I did order the palette.

For Shane, I’ve enjoyed his content for free for 10 years. I’ve never bought merch or paid for any meet and greet or similar and have had hundreds of house of videos for free. Same goes for jeffree, 3-4 years worth of videos for free.

I do think they have faults and some major flaws however I chose to buy the palette as a way to say thank you for the free content that I’ve benefited from. I understand they are both already incredibly wealthy and my money is a tiny speck to them, but I liked the colours in the palette and have seen good reviews.

Total devils advocate comment I know. Just offering my perspective on the palette.

Whenever someone says ‘they hate to play the devils advocate’, I just assume that they’re going to say something so Incredibly dumb. You just proved my point.

I’m not saying that Gurugossip is only to bash on someone but I don’t understand why you thought it was necessary to talk about how you basically owe Shane and Jeffree your money by buying they’re shit palette. You don’t owe them anything for the content they give out. They owe you. The audience are the reason they’re even relevant...

But if you thought it was a good idea to buy their crappy palette and add to their millionaire status, then you do you I guess
:|

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

miranda5 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:29 am
The discussion is moving too fast and I dont have time to read all the comments, but making a product seem to be sold out is the oldest marketing trick ever. No question some idiots were eager to buy it as soon as possible though.
I have been busy and haven't followed this thread since the launch so I haven't read all the comments here but yes, I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if Joffrey stocks it way bellow so that it sells out in an instant and create despair in his stans.

It's pissing me off that I'm reading comments online of stans getting emotional breakdowns just because the site was down or things sold out. This is not a limited edition, why are people crying so much and making such a big deal out of it. We're also not talking about a revolutionary product so I don't get the despair of the stans.

Also wtf is wrong with Shane to be (pretending?) to have emotional breakdowns just because the site was down? Act like a damn professional for once in your life. And wtf is wrong with stans coddling him and if he worked so hard on this product, when HIS OWN SERIES RECORDED BY HIMSELF showed that he barely did anything and is if he needs all the emotional support in the world because the site went down while he's becoming more millionaire than he already was? And wtf is wrong with Shane telling he screamed at people on the phone and trying to make people feel sorry for him? Why can't he just sit back like he did the whole time the pallet was being made instead of pretending he's working hard to solve this issue doesn't even have anything to do with him?

Also can't someone make him add the #AD and a disclaimer that the whole series is a ad for the pallet and his merch? Because he mislead the fans saying it was going to be about Jafar, the beauty community and the drama that happened and in the end it was just about advertising his merch and this collection. Aren't there laws misleading advertising? I thought it was illegal.

How can a series that was recorded by Shane itself can make him seem even more unlikeable? I'd never say that his mess was edited by Shane/Andrew if I didn't know as it makes everyone look so bad and lazy. But the stans are eating it up acting like they've helped a homeless who worked hard in his art turn into a millionaire. Sorry for venting what everyone has already said, but this is annoying lol

db677
Lurker
Lurker

Post by db677 »

I’m thinking it’s a total conspiracy that the website crashed. J* has mentioned in the past stirring up drama before and surrounding a palette launch and I honestly feel like this was planned to create hype.

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

jennyandherghosts wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:40 am
Proof that the colours in the palette and lipsticks just shouldn't be used for anything other than swatches.
What even is this

Sorry for the double post but are people blind? Shane and everyone I've seen using the pallet looks awful in it? Is it a problem with their skills? Is it that the colors don't translate well in their skintone? Is it lack of pigment? I don't understand anything about makeup but it just looks awful. Maybe in the professional photos in the website it looks better (I haven't looked yet), but then again they could be using tricks to make it look more vibrant.

Dual-Wield Snake
Talker
Talker

Post by Dual-Wield Snake »

kohinoor wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:53 am
I know this is irrelevant but has anyone noticed Kathy Griffin hasn't interacted with Shane on Twitter (or vice versa)? After they did that video together they were so supportive of each other but I haven't seen a single tweet from Kathy "congratulating" Shane or anything. Maybe he fucked up the friendship, who knows...
I honestly think she doesn't give a shit, lol. The house video was good PR for both of them but that's about it

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

DiabolicalDollx wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:02 pm
Annawaaaambert wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:34 pm
DiabolicalDollx wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:27 pm
Annawaaaambert wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:02 pm
PiinkFart wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:32 am
That photo of the girl standing by the window with her saline drip is probably the most pathetic, attention seeking bullshit I have ever seen.
She 100% posted that so Jesus D or Jafar would see it and give her a free collection.
First time on this thread, I’m a Shane fan and I bought the palettes lol SUE ME! But came here after I saw that tweet cos fuck me that is so sad and attention seeking on her part! Like woe is me give me free shit. And you can tell others are trying to get free stuff too “I’ve been trying to spend $400! I just don’t even want it anymore :( :( :(
Omg get the fuck over it. We all know sites crash during big drops and all these people want us sympathy and free shit

Sorry rant over 😂
I won't sue.
I'll just quietly judge.
Loudly judge ☺️ I won’t mind haha 🤪

Na, It's your money, you buy what you like. I can't expect everyone to live by my principles. I just don't really understand any woman lining the pockets of a racist misogynist. Internalized sexism is a real thing, the fact J* supporters & costumers is predominantly female is evidence of it. If this drop was revolutionary, innovative, or unique, I can see why someone may bypass the problematic shit (I wouldn't) but it's shiiiiiite.

I'd rather support other women, smaller brands etc. Sorry if it seems I'm taking the moral high ground, I just really find displeasure in seeing women support (financially or otherwise) a man who not only threatens, condones & romanticizes physical abuse against women by men, he himself has proudly declared he's assaulted females. I will continue voicing my distaste too in the hopes it may make others think twice.
I don't buy youtuber merch or makeup and the only way I contribute is through my view that gives them adsense money, even the ones I like to watch I don't buy stuff for them. I'm cheap just like that. I'd only buy if I knew something was for charity and a cause I support. BUT, when I found out about Joffrey's videos on youtube, after the first Shane series (yes, I know, I came late to the party), I almost don't wear makeup but I thought Joffrey was hilarious and liked watching his videos just for entertainment purposes. I had no idea about his past and fell for the BS that he was a victim of Kate Von D (who was rightfully being bashed for the vaccination issue and other problematic stuff) and I even fell for the BS that he was a changed man and believed that his problematic behavior was many years ago and he had truly changed. I even fell for his BS of defending black owned brands and going against brands that stole from them/had no diversity). Since the whole beauty community was raging about his products, I even thought about making an exception and buy a liquid lipstick because I needed one and people said they were great.

Luckily I came across unbiased information about him and realized how awful he still is. Dramagedion 2 helped cement that he's an awful person. Gladly I didn't get to buy the liquid lipstick.

Knowing all I know about him and also realizing how full of BS and hypocrisy Shane is, I'd never buy something from these two. It's even hard for me giving them my adsense money even if just to "hate-watch"/"watch out of curiosity". I hope that the fact that I have adblock prevents them from getting money if I ever click on their videos.

I'm also not trying to be "holier than thou" and I respect people's decisions with their money... it's just that I can't imagine myself supporting them in any way. I'm sure that I've been buying from brands that are not the best either and I've consumed "fast fashion", but it's a learning process trying to be aware of what I buy and support. The biggest tool of protest against corporations is our wallet and not buying from them.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

It's honestly just sad to see how many people actually think that Shane deserves this on twitter, Reddit, and even on here to a much smaller extent. He can say whatever he likes but he still gets paid from videos and he has sponsors throughout this series. It's FREE for them advertisement and as others have said there is definitely a very thin line being crossed here as to whether or not there needs to be anything stating it is an ad. I think that the only reason he included things like the "weight loss" journey were to make it feel more vlog and less propaganda video. It doesn't change the fact that 90% of most of the videos so far are about why he is poor and "needs" (deserves) the money for being screwed over in the past. His merch that is intended for 10-15 year olds (16 is pushing it) is about to be warn by a lot of 20somethings based on a lot of the response. I remember when Trisha Paytas used to walk around town in all pink with a backpack and white sneakers on looking like a special needs adult. Well, more power to some people who don't think they will look identical...

I'm sure that both the merch and the cosmetics will be back in stock by Black Friday/ Cyber Monday and once more before being slightly less money in January.

LadyGrinningSoul
Learner
Learner

Post by LadyGrinningSoul »

Those pictures of Shane meeting fans with j* are awful. He looks really bad, the makeup, his fake smile, the fact that he’s visibly gained so much weight... it’s kind of sad, especially after seeing him work out with his trainer.

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

It’s even sadder knowing that he has his own private gym and can afford a personal trainer and a nutritionist! He literally looks like he rolled out of bed! What a mess!!! It’s depressing seeing how young his audience is! They’ll think that it’s ok to be such a slob!

LisbonMuse
Lurker
Lurker

Post by LisbonMuse »

ladyinblue wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:03 pm
Long time reader, first time commenter (for this thread at least). I admit I have slowly started to fall off the band wagon of Shane and Jeffree but I did order the palette.

For Shane, I’ve enjoyed his content for free for 10 years. I’ve never bought merch or paid for any meet and greet or similar and have had hundreds of house of videos for free. Same goes for jeffree, 3-4 years worth of videos for free.

I do think they have faults and some major flaws however I chose to buy the palette as a way to say thank you for the free content that I’ve benefited from. I understand they are both already incredibly wealthy and my money is a tiny speck to them, but I liked the colours in the palette and have seen good reviews.

Total devils advocate comment I know. Just offering my perspective on the palette.
Hahaha for free?! You know how much he makes with brand deals and ad revenue? Do you think this way about every other YouTuber, or just Shane because he's tricked his little fans into being grateful for something that makes him millions of dollars to live his fat, sloppy life. I didn't think I'd see such sucking up and pandering in the wild for a a guy who makes millions by doing no work. FaceBook's "free", GG is "free", radio is "free", but they all make their money one way or another through ads. Shane's no different and nothing special to be "thankful" for. The amount of money Shane makes from his "free" "content" allows him to live his boujee, perverted, disgusting, pointless life only to parade around like a savior for his fans that gobble his excrement up.

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

CheriBeriBem wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:32 am
It’s even sadder knowing that he has his own private gym and can afford a personal trainer and a nutritionist! He literally looks like he rolled out of bed! What a mess!!! It’s depressing seeing how young his audience is! They’ll think that it’s ok to be such a slob!
And this is the face/role model of a new beauty brand... a brand which is centered on how a person looks! :rofl:

Cryptic
Informer
Informer

Post by Cryptic »

ballamyblue wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:01 am
It's honestly just sad to see how many people actually think that Shane deserves this on twitter, Reddit, and even on here to a much smaller extent. He can say whatever he likes but he still gets paid from videos and he has sponsors throughout this series. It's FREE for them advertisement and as others have said there is definitely a very thin line being crossed here as to whether or not there needs to be anything stating it is an ad. I think that the only reason he included things like the "weight loss" journey were to make it feel more vlog and less propaganda video. It doesn't change the fact that 90% of most of the videos so far are about why he is poor and "needs" (deserves) the money for being screwed over in the past. His merch that is intended for 10-15 year olds (16 is pushing it) is about to be warn by a lot of 20somethings based on a lot of the response. I remember when Trisha Paytas used to walk around town in all pink with a backpack and white sneakers on looking like a special needs adult. Well, more power to some people who don't think they will look identical...

I'm sure that both the merch and the cosmetics will be back in stock by Black Friday/ Cyber Monday and once more before being slightly less money in January.
Yeah, obv this millionaire deserves to be handed more millions for laying around at home and uploading a few videos a year. Thank god that JF came along or else we would have been forced to open up a go-fund me for our poor super deserving of all money in the world for no reason millionaire EMPATH.

Daisyyvelise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Daisyyvelise »

AnniaDrama wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:20 am
miranda5 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:29 am
The discussion is moving too fast and I dont have time to read all the comments, but making a product seem to be sold out is the oldest marketing trick ever. No question some idiots were eager to buy it as soon as possible though.
I have been busy and haven't followed this thread since the launch so I haven't read all the comments here but yes, I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if Joffrey stocks it way bellow so that it sells out in an instant and create despair in his stans.

It's pissing me off that I'm reading comments online of stans getting emotional breakdowns just because the site was down or things sold out. This is not a limited edition, why are people crying so much and making such a big deal out of it. We're also not talking about a revolutionary product so I don't get the despair of the stans.

Also wtf is wrong with Shane to be (pretending?) to have emotional breakdowns just because the site was down? Act like a damn professional for once in your life. And wtf is wrong with stans coddling him and if he worked so hard on this product, when HIS OWN SERIES RECORDED BY HIMSELF showed that he barely did anything and is if he needs all the emotional support in the world because the site went down while he's becoming more millionaire than he already was? And wtf is wrong with Shane telling he screamed at people on the phone and trying to make people feel sorry for him? Why can't he just sit back like he did the whole time the pallet was being made instead of pretending he's working hard to solve this issue doesn't even have anything to do with him?

Also can't someone make him add the #AD and a disclaimer that the whole series is a ad for the pallet and his merch? Because he mislead the fans saying it was going to be about Jafar, the beauty community and the drama that happened and in the end it was just about advertising his merch and this collection. Aren't there laws misleading advertising? I thought it was illegal.

How can a series that was recorded by Shane itself can make him seem even more unlikeable? I'd never say that his mess was edited by Shane/Andrew if I didn't know as it makes everyone look so bad and lazy. But the stans are eating it up acting like they've helped a homeless who worked hard in his art turn into a millionaire. Sorry for venting what everyone has already said, but this is annoying lol
From reading YouTube comments....They don't have to put ad because Shane isn't being paid by a brand.

Return to “Shane Dawson”