Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

Post by ballamyblue »

It doesn't shock me that we don't have an official reveal of everything yet. I however, do think that Shane is purposely changing everything last minute out of fear of getting called out for being mean and also like others said above, he might be holding out for a sponsor or something.

wolves1234
Learner
Learner

Post by wolves1234 »

With a project this big and this important for their "brands" it seems crazy that they don't have an actual upload schedule. Everything should have been finished before the first video dropped, and then minor adjustments made from there.

With that said though, I don't think people fully understand how long it takes to edit. I used to make youtube video years ago, was on some collab channels with people who ended up big names....(not bitter at all :P , jk) and then did some film classes in college. I'm very familiar with editing softwares and have been doing it awhile, and it still takes a significant amount of time for me to edit a video. When I did Youtube, I usually spent about 5 hours on 20 minutes of footage (that took probably 40 minutes to film) all to make a 4 minute video. There's a reason movies take a year/years after filming to be ready for screening, and that's with a team of editors. Shane and Andrew filmed for almost a year and are putting out 6-7 hours of product. That about 4 feature films. No, they're cuts aren't the same caliber as a hollywood film, but the editing will still take time. Editing it all together SHOULD take as long as it has.

BUT, it should have been planned better. The timeline was too condensed to put something this big out. Too over eager to hit to market at the right time and the series is suffering because of it.

dementedmango
Learner
Learner

Post by dementedmango »

they should have hired additional editors, a hollywood production surely isn't made up of two uneducated "talents", nor is the end product at all comparable. nobody said this should take half an hour, but he's been using this "project" as an excuse for not uploading at all this year. and if they knew this was going to be big or in multiple parts, maybe prepare and edit as they film.
there is no excuse for shane's lazy ass. period.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

littlegarose
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Shane

Post by littlegarose »

dementedmango wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:40 am
they should have hired additional editors, a hollywood production surely isn't made up of two uneducated "talents", nor is the end product at all comparable. nobody said this should take half an hour, but he's been using this "project" as an excuse for not uploading at all this year. and if they knew this was going to be big or in multiple parts, maybe prepare and edit as they film.

Not uploading, showering, or doing fuck-all.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

dementedmango wrote:

I agree with you a hundred and ten percent but they never were going to hire anyone. J* might have but Shane has Andrew and it is clear that Shane is banking on the prospect of semi-retiring with this series. There is just nothing about this that is rewatchable. It isn't unwatchable but it isn't entertaining either. The pallet will be released probably sell out by the end of the day and they will make enough for Shane to jerk it for a year and a half while Ryland buys silk curtains for the guest room and they both keep their side pieces happy. For Shane an easily manipulated woman and for Ryland a Gucci sales associate.

wolves1234
Learner
Learner

Post by wolves1234 »

dementedmango wrote:

I agree, except in my opinion it is a valid excuse not be uploading throughout the year because of how time consuming this project is. I'm not talking about a movie like Avatar, but the basic model of editing is similar. They are cutting together scenes, audio, changing lighting, coloring, etc, to create a story. The same way any film editor would. Maybe more editors should have been hired, but people in this industry are protective over how their "art" is handled.

HOWEVER, I think it's a terrible move on his part. He should be uploading other things in order to keep people interested in him. Disappearing on this type of platform for a year to then upload your biggest/most important (atleast to him) series isn't professional or good marketing. It's clear that nothing about this was thought out in regard to the series.

youngcurls
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by youngcurls »

wolves1234 wrote:
dementedmango wrote:

I agree, except in my opinion it is a valid excuse not be uploading throughout the year because of how time consuming this project is. I'm not talking about a movie like Avatar, but the basic model of editing is similar. They are cutting together scenes, audio, changing lighting, coloring, etc, to create a story. The same way any film editor would. Maybe more editors should have been hired, but people in this industry are protective over how their "art" is handled.

HOWEVER, I think it's a terrible move on his part. He should be uploading other things in order to keep people interested in him. Disappearing on this type of platform for a year to then upload your biggest/most important (atleast to him) series isn't professional or good marketing. It's clear that nothing about this was thought out in regard to the series.
I would agree that taking the year to edit this would be valid if he had actually done that and done it well. He's scrambling to edit it now so what was he doing that whole six months? If you take that much time off to do something then when you come back, it should be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

Post by PiinkFart »

Yeah, no. I’m sorry but Shane should’ve had this entire series finished and edited a month ago. There’s no excuse for his lazy ass.

Literally all he does to edit is add a title screen with music, and then cuts clips. That is the maximum of his and Andrew’s editing capabilities. They aren’t doing SFX or digital work. It’s literally just text, music, and cutting clips. Anybody could do it.

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

Yeah, it's one thing to take a year to edit this, but there's no excuse to still be editing as it airs. He should have at least the first half of the series full edited and ready to go, not delaying episodes a week or more because he's still editing them. And if he's editing because he's afraid of backlash, then he should've had the balls to trust his final product or have thought about it before.

Also, how much will he make with this makeup collab? They spoke about the numbers didn't they? Is that much that it's enough to support himself, Ryland, his mother and Ryland's family and keep Ryland's spending habits for the rest of their lives?

Post by Guest »

DiabolicalDollx wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:07 am
KittyGussip wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:27 am
After seeing how Nikita Dragun's pop up shop opening floped, I hope everyone loses interestnin this pallet and just buys Tati's pallet or whatever :lol:
I would be happy if it didn't "sell out in a minute" or had bad reviews, someone with his work ethic doesn't deserve easy success :roll:
Can't stand Tati, she has this obnoxious, passive aggressive vibe but her pallet surprised me, it's a lot less generic & predictable as I thought, the cohesive colour story & different textures/finishes is kinda cute. All though I believe she's manipulative, she's not as problematic as J* so I hope her pallet affects the sales of the Shane pallet.
I don't follow her and I know she is manipulative (from the James Charles drama), I just thought the timing will serve her right if the J*xSD pallet looked like shit :lol:

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

This is what happens when you don't have a real job or anyone holding you accountable.

vienna_cake
Lurker
Lurker

Post by vienna_cake »

If it’s such a major project that requires enormous amount of time to put together then may be he should have opted for fewer episodes, like 3, 4 tops. How is 9 episodes justified? It’s excessive and unnecessary and moreover, counter-productive.

vienna_cake
Lurker
Lurker

Post by vienna_cake »

monak wrote:This is what happens when you don't have a real job or anyone holding you accountable.
And dude if 10mil dollars do not motivate you to get up and finally get your shit together then nothing would. And with that don’t whine you have less money than other youtubers. You haven’t worked as hard as they have and it’s only logical you made less money.

Wombat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wombat »

PiinkFart wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:00 pm
Yeah, no. I’m sorry but Shane should’ve had this entire series finished and edited a month ago. There’s no excuse for his lazy ass.

Literally all he does to edit is add a title screen with music, and then cuts clips. That is the maximum of his and Andrew’s editing capabilities. They aren’t doing SFX or digital work. It’s literally just text, music, and cutting clips. Anybody could do it.
Hey now, he's got to spend hours finding stock footage and royalty-free music he can use for mood.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

wolves1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:27 am
With a project this big and this important for their "brands" it seems crazy that they don't have an actual upload schedule. Everything should have been finished before the first video dropped, and then minor adjustments made from there.

With that said though, I don't think people fully understand how long it takes to edit. I used to make youtube video years ago, was on some collab channels with people who ended up big names....(not bitter at all :P , jk) and then did some film classes in college. I'm very familiar with editing softwares and have been doing it awhile, and it still takes a significant amount of time for me to edit a video. When I did Youtube, I usually spent about 5 hours on 20 minutes of footage (that took probably 40 minutes to film) all to make a 4 minute video. There's a reason movies take a year/years after filming to be ready for screening, and that's with a team of editors. Shane and Andrew filmed for almost a year and are putting out 6-7 hours of product. That about 4 feature films. No, they're cuts aren't the same caliber as a hollywood film, but the editing will still take time. Editing it all together SHOULD take as long as it has.

BUT, it should have been planned better. The timeline was too condensed to put something this big out. Too over eager to hit to market at the right time and the series is suffering because of it.
Were you on the station? Feel free to DM me who you are because im so curious :love2: :rofl: :rofl:

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Sorry not sorry but I’m just not buying his crap “eDiTiNg” all day excuse. For example — a few months ago Kian & JC made a whole reality-game show type series, 9 videos - which they released every Fri, where they had all sorts of tasks/games. Although there were editing glitches (too slow, repetitive) but it was up on time & they had only 2 editors I believe, one being Anderson Webb. They filmed this whole thing in 2 and a half days, with limited sleep. Being first timers at this sort of thing & having it done properly shows their priorities.
So disgusted at Shane. It’s like his moral compass is dwindling day by day. Ah well atleast he’s on brand with portraying himself as a LAZY pig.

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

I think they had every intention of uploading this week (in particular, today), but someone brought up the fact that if they upload on the same day as Twatti's release, everyone will say "oooooo, look at the shade they are throwing at Tati!" Instead, they don't upload, and the message being carried by their minions is "Oh, how sweet, they are letting Tati shine!" This was Twatti's week, for better or worse, and I think they let her have it. Not because they are "nice" or "letting her shine," but either because 1) they are prepping for a major takedown (which I don't believe any more. Sadly. I was so hoping for a major takedown! I hate Twatti more than Shane) or 2) they are going to perpetuate the myth that they are all for inclusion and peace and love and fairy dust in the beauty "community." My conspiracy theory is that when they set out, it was to "expose," but they have decided to change the whole plot and act like they are nice.

Quincyraven
Learner
Learner

Post by Quincyraven »

PiinkFart wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:00 pm

This. I use to edit a weeks worth of footage in a couple days at my old job and I worked with much older technology and had more special effects (nothing crazy but more than what Shane does). If you have an actual deadline you can sit down and finish hours of footage in a few days. I think Shane does have talent and he is good at using edits and emotions to convey the story he wants people to see but he's lazy and people are so use to half ass videos on youtube anything even mildly professional is amazing.

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

LMAOOOO of course he didn’t donate! He didn’t even have the decency to write his own tweet, he just piggybacked off of Jeffree to make it seem like he cares.

FoodGusher
Informer
Informer

Post by FoodGusher »

PiinkFart wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:36 pm
LMAOOOO of course he didn’t donate! He didn’t even have the decency to write his own tweet, he just piggybacked off of Jeffree to make it seem like he cares.
I don't get mad often, but these fucking quadrillionaires begging for their teenage fans' hard earned money on top of making bank with them without giving a cent themselves just did it for me.

Return to “Shane Dawson”