Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

GuruWannabe
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

Post by GuruWannabe »

Shane did the exact same thing with the packaging manger as he did with the graphic designers. He just said "I don't like any of these options" and gave zero ideas to fix it. You could tell J* was holding his hand and trying to guide him to a decision. Poor Anna had some great samples and seems to be happy to work with their ideas, it is SHANE'S FAULT that he didn't guide her in the right direction. She probably left that meeting feeling so defeated.

He also complained about the graphic designers work because the logos looked like SO instead of SD but they revealed the logo and it still looks like SO.

Ohioteal
Informer
Informer

Post by Ohioteal »

I really don’t get why they would use the TV design for the mini controversy palette? The TV design makes much more sense with the Conspiracy theme, since Shane would have the old TV and spiral in the Conspiracy videos. I feel really bad for Anna and her team making all of those samples and having to start over again. I know that’s part of it and the point of samples is to know if you like it or not, but he should have had multiple ideas or at least a more solid idea of what he wanted beforehand. Andrew and Shane making the palette packaging in photoshop should have happened months before. Typical of them to leave it for the last minute. I know sometimes you don’t have an idea right away and it can take time, but still. It just seemed disorganized to me.

Since Shane doesn’t really know much about makeup, shouldn’t the packing pretty much be the biggest thing to him? I don’t know much about makeup so if I were making a palette, the packaging and how it looks would be everything to me.

The editing makes no sense to me either. I don’t like how they go back and forth between different times and concepts. It makes no sense and was confusing for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Just finished watching the episode, took notes on all my annoyances so I don't make a million separate posts, haha. Excited to browse and see all of your opinions on this episode...

- Someone in Shane's life needs to tell him to stop drinking diet soda. The fact that he was drinking it before, during, and after a work out blew my fucking mind. Wondering if he ever drinks water, to be honest. And what a shit scene to put in with him in his closet joking about committing suicide with the switch blade that was randomly in there.

- How can he complain about how poor he is with a home gym like that in a SEPARATE building on his property?!

- Started gagging when they showed the close up of Morgan taking her retainer out-- why!?

- The editing in this one was once again, atrocious. Why are we overlaying Andrew getting his make up done with Shane working out in the gym? (Sidenote: I don't wear make up, but is it normal to put on foundation with a Clarisonic like Shane did to Andrew? I was super confused by that). Why do they go back and forth this entire episode with the shit about Morgan and then the failure of the Conspiracy Palette design? The two aren't related, the Morgan situation was just randomly jumped into, it almost felt like we walked in on the middle on the conversation and no one bothered to fill us in on what we missed. I wish I had the time to edit one of these episodes chronologically to show how much easier it would fucking be to follow and watch. They could easily do "Part 1", "Part 2" within one episode. Instead, they randomly caption “Mentoring Morgan” when they're sitting on J*'s bed with her…… and then switch away to a different topic literally one minute later. They need to stop doing the super zoomed in shots for no reason too — into people’s faces or the palette— like, why!? The quality is shit and there’s no fucking reason to do so! Half of the shots aren’t even in focus because Andrew doesn’t know how to focus a camera! Like what the fuck is 33:00 ?! And he struggled to focus on every single pan imprint.

- Can't stand these staged scenes they do where Andrew just so happens to walk into a room Shane is in, recording him while he paces around with that dumb look on his face. Andrew just egging him on by laughing even though he doesn't know what he's even laughing at.

- J* looked like he was going to bust out laughing when Shane came into the packaging meeting with his "face beat". :rofl: That "habit" won't last long.

- At 24:14 when they zoom into one of the main guys on JSC’s team… hope that wasn’t to make a joke or make fun… he’s probably annoyed this dumb fuck who knows nothing about make up is being so judgmental and rude to the woman who put so much work into his 100% profit project. But on the other hand, why did j* let Shane pick that box if he hated it and knew it would probably look like shit? Did he want to see him fuck up? Did he want it to seem like “you could never do this without me?” .. because like, it’s true. Or do you think it was more him wanting his team to think it was all Shane's fault it initially failed and not his?

- Shane literally threw out a brainstorm of the conspiracy palette being a soda can BAHAHAAAA. It's bad enough the initially thought of a television. A television has nothing to do with conspiracies. Watching Shane quickly flip through all of the prototypes and “organizing them” on the tables was so cringe. You’re not j* with the eyeshadow pans, boo. Stop trying so hard. I think TV static is super basic, the type face is pretty boring as well. Just an over all bore. Funny how in the end, it seems like Andrew is doing or did do a lot if not the whole "new" design we'll see tomorrow. Yet Shane is the "CREATIVE" with the "INCREDIBLE" mind?! This bitch thought a SODA CAN could be a palette. Maybe they should have just printed out the tops of the palettes before creating incredible waste with all the prototypes Shane ended up hating?

- 39:09 this fool literally says “Now I know soo much” because he BOUGHT 100 PALETTES FOR NO REASON.

Sorry for the super long post, needed to get all these frustrations out in one sweep, haha.

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

manged wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Translation: You better upload this shit on time, bitch. We have deadlines to meet. Don't play with my money.
He's probably fumming and can't stand Shane anymore. Unfortunately he'll never show that publicly.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

JennyLovesYoutube wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:55 pm
Shane seems like the biggest pain in the butt to work with and his indecision and lack of knowledge of the different make-up boxes only goes to show how much of a cash grab this is.

Any other, highly creative person would die with a million different ideas for their pallet, but when they ask Shane what plan B is in order to please him, he has NO IDEAS.

Also, the editing is so bad and the music is still too loud to hear their conversations clearly. There is no good narrative, just jumping around from January in the last episode to June in this. Shows how much WORK Shane has been doing the past few months. It also becomes very clear in this episode how hands off Shane is, when J* tries to let him know how much has happened and he says he does his best to keep Shane in loop.

Isn't this why no one serious picked him up? Putting his controversies aside?

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Wow a 50 minute #ad for his palette & Morgan. How exciting. 😒

Thank you for summarising the episode y’all as I don’t want to give him a view. This series exposes that Shane is a narcissist. I’ve never seen any other youtuber apart from obvious sellouts, advertise their product to an extent where they’re making a mockery out of their fans by making them wait for drama & giving them an hour long ad for an average makeup collection.🙄
This series is a major fail, unfortunately the fans are brainwashed into making the rich richer instead of calling money minded Shane out on his blatant misuse of the series to solely promote his makeup. 🤮

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

AnniaDrama wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:48 pm
manged wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Translation: You better upload this shit on time, bitch. We have deadlines to meet. Don't play with my money.
He's probably fumming and can't stand Shane anymore. Unfortunately he'll never show that publicly.
oof you’re right. The passive aggressiveness in this tweet is seeping through because the editing or when the videos will be up are the only thing Jeffree can’t control.
I bet J* is so drained from babying Shane this whole time he’s gonna promise himself to never collab with this deranged man-child again!

Taterdrama
Learner
Learner

Post by Taterdrama »

switchstreets wrote:
lonajasmiin wrote:
KittyGussip wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:49 am
^
^
IKR?! Instead of making those "last one to do whatever wins 10k$" videos/challenges they can donate those same 10k to help MrBeast plant those trees :roll:
(I'm not sure if Shane did one of those 10k challenges, but I bet 10k is change money for him and most of these """influencers""")
Yeah it's nice to help out if we can, but it's weird when rich people ask their fans to donate and they don't even try to show they DID in fact donate before hand :lol:
Jeffree did donate 50k. Shane didn't.
I'm actually... impressed? 50k is a lot of money. Jeffree Star of all people just contributed positively to the world?!

I need a lie down this is a lot to take in.

What an idiot Shane is though. You're a literal millionaire chuck a few quid in it won't kill you.
That 50,000 is also a tax deductible donation probably. Jeffree is no idiot. He donates so much because if he didn’t he would get reamed in taxes every year. Sorry this is old but I didn’t see anybody mention it

heyitsheidi
Informer
Informer

Post by heyitsheidi »

maybe the video will be uploaded in december 2020?

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

heyitsheidi wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:16 pm

maybe the video will be uploaded in december 2020?
Omg Shane must be STRESSING out, he doesn't get his 6 months to edit

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

ANDREW STOP CACKLING ommmmgnfdgkjhdsfkjlghs I cannot STAND it I am 7 minutes in and I have to turn it off. Andrew seems like the guy who would push his friends relationships apart just because he's not in one

tahtee
Informer
Informer

Post by tahtee »

I’m really hoping they can’t make it to upload on time tomorrow that will be hilarious! And Gigi is dropping her makeup collection in 4 days...

frigobar
Learner
Learner

Post by frigobar »

Daisyyvelise wrote:Maybe Bye Sister will be tomorrow OR Shane left that out completely
That’s what I’m thinking too and that’s extremely disingenuous considering the trailer. He made it seem like Bye Sister was a HUGE part of it. Clearly he only did that to hype this stupid series up and make people watch each episode in hopes that they’ll finally get some tea. I hope he gets backlash for this and people stop deeming him as the YouTube Tarantino

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

Ahahahahahahahahahhahahah I went back to watch and the part where Jeffree is saying the palette is reading as candy and they inserted that random lady opening up a candy what the actual fuck hahahaha

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

Gurugossiping wrote:
YouslessTube wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:10 pm
AnniaDrama wrote:
manged wrote:

oof you’re right. The passive aggressiveness in this tweet is seeping through because the editing or when the videos will be up are the only thing Jeffree can’t control.
I bet J* is so drained from babying Shane this whole time he’s gonna promise himself to never collab with this deranged man-child again!
Not saying this to start shi* but why do you think he's being passive? I agree he probably realized Shane's a shi**y buisness partner, but that tweet really didn't seem angry to me. Tell me what I'm missing cuz I'm genuinely curious lmao. Friends should never mix pleasure, this was RISKY imo
He’s being passive aggressive because his multimillion $$ business is at stake if Shane doesn’t upload the reveal video before the actual palette reveal. He doesn’t want to become a laughing stock amongst his enemies, competitors, haters.
It’s not like Shane has videos ready but can’t find wifi to upload, it’s the fact that he’s doing his homework (editing) at the very last minute where as J* has done literally everything - the designs, colours, manufacturing etc. without any delays from the ground up to build Shane’s brand/collection even after incurring a loss when his own makeup was stolen.
“I can’t wait for Shane to upload” = bitch I’m tired of waiting, you better upload.
Notice how he even tagged Shane so the message reaches loud & clear as he can’t afford to have an argument with Shane. Plus the videos throw light on how frustrating it is to deal with Shane, J* is constantly babying him, all we see is Shane’s inabilities & pretences.

natureofinviting
Talker
Talker

Post by natureofinviting »

Morgan: I have to get my teeth straight, I feel like people will like me more if I have straight teeth.
Shane: This is why we need to talk to Jeffree.
Ryland: What do you think Jeffree is gonna do to solve that? He literally has fake teeth.
Screenshot 2019-10-28 at 10.59.18 PM.png
Ryland can't even hide his jealousy anymore...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

tbh andrew looks better in make up than shane and thats saying something lol

ughtastical
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ughtastical »

When the trainer had the question on the whiteboard I honestly wanted him to say that he would quit with the soft drinks, which I thought would be practical if he was actually serious about losing weight. But then I remembered who I was watching and lowered my standards significantly.

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

Did anyone catch the moment Morgan was explaining how it was like “flossing her brain” and Andrew was like “oh my god Morgan stop” and he, Shane, and Jeffree all laughed AT her?

I relate to that. The entire time she was in this ‘episode’ she was asking questions but every time she said anything she was turned around and laughed at by the guys. She even laughs herself but it’s painfully obvious she’s laughing just to seem like she’s in on the joke. Maybe I’m overthinking it, but when they were on the bed and laughing at her she looked uncomfortable.

Also; the Morgan stuff in itself was totally random. It came in out of nowhere and they never explained what happened, and then it just stopped without any resolution? And Shane wants to make real documentaries.... lmao.

Lady Grey
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady Grey »

RE: andrews laugh.

i actually used to love his laugh, back when it was genuine. it always brought a smile to my face and it made me happy he was so included in 'the gang.' one video in particular was that one sponsored video of ryland attempting to cook for shane but they had no kitchen items and had to go shopping beforehand. which is totally cringe now that i look back on it but andrew's little 'oh no....'s made that video as entertaining as it was for me back then. the problem becomes when shane (because it is shane's world/show/etc) started telling people to play up what the audience loves. so andrew's occasional genuine laughs had to become loud and obnoxious cackles at inappropriate times. morgan's slight ditziness needed to become 24/7, how-does-she-even-fend-for-her-self-omg-what-a-joke and ryland's love for luxury pieces into complete and utter entitlement. and i think they genuinely lost the genuine people under the charicatures of themselves.

Return to “Shane Dawson”