Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

hwangminhyun
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

Post by hwangminhyun »

what's with the random like three second clip of him saying 'so' in the middle of the palette design picking? like was it to show he's indecisive or smth? it looks like there's meant to be more of a clip but its just there and then it goes right back to the palette picking it's so odd.. (26:00)

frigobar
Learner
Learner

Shane "Greedy Pig" Dawson & Jeffree "Cash Cow" Star - Part 23

Post by frigobar »

I haven’t read y’alls comments yet but I just fast forwarded the entire video to check if there was any scene remotely interesting, but nah. It just looked like more of the same boring shit, so I’m not putting myself through that. I hope YouTube doesn’t count my one minute of fast forwarding as a view because by the looks of it, it doesn’t really deserve it. Can’t wait to see if I was right or wrong.

edit: guess I was right lmao

And on another note, from the couple of frames showing the packaging of the pallets I could see, it looks boring da haus and doesn’t really seem to go with the colors they picked.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by frigobar on Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SweetNGrumpy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by SweetNGrumpy »

Wow what riveting entertainment! /sarcasm :roll: :roll: :roll:

fishfingers101
Talker
Talker

Post by fishfingers101 »

It's so funny to me that he hates them all.

tahtee
Informer
Informer

Post by tahtee »

Shit was so boring. They’re really gonna reveal the palette tomorrow? I thought this whole series was about the beauty community, but no drama at all. The trailer showed bye sister and that’s what I wanna see.

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

Okay how fucking unprofessional is this? Jeffree was a pretty respected brand in the beauty world (great collections, reveal videos) but they’re seriously waiting until a day or two before to show the palette and packaging? Seriously?

The choppy editing just makes me feel like Shane was doing it this morning. He really left this “most important event in his life” until the day before. Nothing says procrastination like Shane Dawson.

What a lazy piece of shit.

heyjess
Talker
Talker

Post by heyjess »

Also what was with the weird closeups of that guy on Jeffree's design team (or whatever he is exactly). Like he highkey was probably just sitting there minding his own business and Shane decided to keep going to a close up on the guy to make it seem like he's frantic or upset with Shane and everything that was going on.

sophiuhh
Informer
Informer

Post by sophiuhh »

heyjess wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:30 pm
Also what was with the weird closeups of that guy on Jeffree's design team (or whatever he is exactly). Like he highkey was probably just sitting there minding his own business and Shane decided to keep going to a close up on the guy to make it seem like he's frantic or upset with Shane and everything that was going on.
They're trying make up for the lack of drama in this series lol
00:00 ●───────── 1:43 ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

Daisyyvelise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Daisyyvelise »

Maybe Bye Sister will be tomorrow OR Shane left that out completely

danru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by danru »

danru wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:55 pm
Here we go...

- Immediately starts with too-loud music, and straight into the sponsor, Honey. Because of course. I think it's the same ad as last time. Embarrassing.
- March 27th 2019 - Actual episode begins, again with too much music. Random section of Shane pretending to be a makeup artist for Andrew, who has had a massive allergic reaction to some skincare products Shane had received... Shane shoves some foundation on Andrew's face and....
- Opening credits.
- June 27th 2019... for like 2 seconds - Cuts between March and June with Shane freaking out about how fat he is and how he needs to get in shape for the palette photoshoots.
- He goes back to his personal trainer... cue shot of Shane's personal gym... SO POOR Y'ALL.
- Weird montage of Shane working out and doing makeup on Andrew.
- April 9th 2019 - 10 minutes into the video and Jeffree is finally in it, talking about the leak of his concealer after the break in. They then move onto palette packaging samples.
- "We have a lot to show you" ...immediately cuts out to:
- The Next Day - Shane's house, they have a weird conversation about Morgan's teeth, then Shane says he wants her to stop being influenced by beauty gurus/influencers.
- It cuts to Shane talking to Jeffree, something about a contract Morgan is stuck in, and how beauty gurus were bullying her. Jeffree says he'll deal with the brand.
- Back to Shane's, Morgan talks about how living in LA makes her think she needs things like fake teeth, lip injections etc. She actually had an appointment to get free lip injections but bailed out.
- This incredibly serious topic is ruined by everyone making dumb jokes and laughing about it...
- Cuts back to Jeffree and the palette samples...
- They start with Mini Controversy, white and red packaging (I'm sure someone will post screens!). There's a few different options but mostly just slight colour changes rather than anything significant.
- The editing gets messy here so bare with...
- Cuts to Morgan looking at an influencer on her phone while in the car.
- Cuts to Shane talking to Jeffree about Morgan again. Some bullshit from Jeffree about those girls she was hanging out with were lying about their brand deals etc etc.
- Cut back to the car, arriving at Jeffree's house.
- More weird editing choices with loud music and some odd montage of Morgan.
- They arrive at Jeffree's house, he has the stamps for the palette to show them and needing Shane's approval.
- Cuts back to the original palette packaging meeting.

Posting this up so far and will reply to myself for the rest... I'm at around 21 minutes in at this point.
Okay so back in the original palette packaging meeting...

- They pull out some variations, don't really show much/go into much detail.
- Another cut away to them choosing the shape of the palette earlier on in the process. Shane likes the rectangle box with a little clasp.
- Back to packaging meeting, showing the clasp boxes. Lots of "Wow". Cuts away.
- The Next Day - Shane in his house says he doesn't think the palette is 'there' and something is missing.
- Cut back to a design of a TV palette with a lock on it. Shane looks impressed? They're really over explaining the fact it's a prototype because it seems like Shane doesn't get it xD
- They ask him if he thinks they're there yet, he fiddles with the palettes and doesn't respond...
- Cut back to Jeffree's house for Pan Design Approval. They get as far as not showing Food Videos before cutting back...
- Mini Controversy suddenly has a v2 which is the static TV look. Half approved!
- Back to Jeffree's house, Food Videos stamp is approved.
- Back to meeting, Shane is still fiddling with the Conspiracy prototypes.
- A lot of back and forth between these two scenes of Stamp approvals and Prototypes, which need to be decided ASAP...
- Shane eventually rejects every prototype... the marketing woman looks pissed... All the staff look so done. Shane says it looks like something you could get at Hot Topic. Ouch.
- Cut to Jeffree showing the gang his vault... Morgan looks HUGE here. And you can almost see the dollar signs in Ryland's eyes.
- More cuts back and forth going over the same shit then we get the subtitle:
- Mentoring Morgan - They talk about Hawaii.
- It keeps cutting back to this bloody meeting and it's really jarring.
- Shane fucked up his choices because he "didn't know" and Jeffree didn't want to correct him apparently...
- More talk about how surgery is bad... Despite Jeffree sitting right there xD
- Jeffree wanting to go back to their first idea... Room looks defeated as heck.
- Cuts away to Andrew and Shane trying to design a palette to send to the marketing lady (her name is Anna).
- Shane's First Full Beat - Shane covered in makeup. Just to prove he's into it.
- A lot of "Shane is totally into makeup now".
- Andrew back in the bathroom with his finished look. More montage shit.
- They finally, at 48 minutes, show the Pig Lipstick Collection packaging.
- Palette Reveal Tomorrow...

And that's it...

Zealous
Talker
Talker

Re: Shane

Post by Zealous »

sophiuhh wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 pm
PiinkFart wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:33 pm
I’m at work, can anyone post screens of the palette?
Like someone else mentioned they don't show it, I'm also at work watching on mute and what I gather is that these are just packaging prototypes, hopefully the palette doesn't end up looking like this because the packaging is ugly, I mean comparing it to Blue Blood or Blood Sugar, I know that Jawbreaker and Thirsty and the first couple palettes weren't as nice as the Blood palette, these prototypes are not anywhere near as nice as what Shane said he wanted at the start of the series (not that his TV idea was ''nice'' but you know).
That's the lipstick packaging (the pig). They went in a different direction with the big palette. Something to do with a pyramid. Jeffree was shocked that Shane chose that boxy shape in the first place and wanted to push for the pyramid but didn't want to overtake the project. But due to deadlines this last design will have to be it since they can't push back production, yadda yadda yadda.

danru
Lurker
Lurker

Post by danru »

So that was dire.

The editing was appalling, the constant cutaways to different things is ridiculous and loses any tension there might have been in what's going on. It becomes impossible to follow what's happening.

lonajasmiin
Learner
Learner

Post by lonajasmiin »

danru wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:35 pm
danru wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:55 pm
Here we go...

- Immediately starts with too-loud music, and straight into the sponsor, Honey. Because of course. I think it's the same ad as last time. Embarrassing.
- March 27th 2019 - Actual episode begins, again with too much music. Random section of Shane pretending to be a makeup artist for Andrew, who has had a massive allergic reaction to some skincare products Shane had received... Shane shoves some foundation on Andrew's face and....
- Opening credits.
- June 27th 2019... for like 2 seconds - Cuts between March and June with Shane freaking out about how fat he is and how he needs to get in shape for the palette photoshoots.
- He goes back to his personal trainer... cue shot of Shane's personal gym... SO POOR Y'ALL.
- Weird montage of Shane working out and doing makeup on Andrew.
- April 9th 2019 - 10 minutes into the video and Jeffree is finally in it, talking about the leak of his concealer after the break in. They then move onto palette packaging samples.
- "We have a lot to show you" ...immediately cuts out to:
- The Next Day - Shane's house, they have a weird conversation about Morgan's teeth, then Shane says he wants her to stop being influenced by beauty gurus/influencers.
- It cuts to Shane talking to Jeffree, something about a contract Morgan is stuck in, and how beauty gurus were bullying her. Jeffree says he'll deal with the brand.
- Back to Shane's, Morgan talks about how living in LA makes her think she needs things like fake teeth, lip injections etc. She actually had an appointment to get free lip injections but bailed out.
- This incredibly serious topic is ruined by everyone making dumb jokes and laughing about it...
- Cuts back to Jeffree and the palette samples...
- They start with Mini Controversy, white and red packaging (I'm sure someone will post screens!). There's a few different options but mostly just slight colour changes rather than anything significant.
- The editing gets messy here so bare with...
- Cuts to Morgan looking at an influencer on her phone while in the car.
- Cuts to Shane talking to Jeffree about Morgan again. Some bullshit from Jeffree about those girls she was hanging out with were lying about their brand deals etc etc.
- Cut back to the car, arriving at Jeffree's house.
- More weird editing choices with loud music and some odd montage of Morgan.
- They arrive at Jeffree's house, he has the stamps for the palette to show them and needing Shane's approval.
- Cuts back to the original palette packaging meeting.

Posting this up so far and will reply to myself for the rest... I'm at around 21 minutes in at this point.
Okay so back in the original palette packaging meeting...

- They pull out some variations, don't really show much/go into much detail.
- Another cut away to them choosing the shape of the palette earlier on in the process. Shane likes the rectangle box with a little clasp.
- Back to packaging meeting, showing the clasp boxes. Lots of "Wow". Cuts away.
- The Next Day - Shane in his house says he doesn't think the palette is 'there' and something is missing.
- Cut back to a design of a TV palette with a lock on it. Shane looks impressed? They're really over explaining the fact it's a prototype because it seems like Shane doesn't get it xD
- They ask him if he thinks they're there yet, he fiddles with the palettes and doesn't respond...
- Cut back to Jeffree's house for Pan Design Approval. They get as far as not showing Food Videos before cutting back...
- Mini Controversy suddenly has a v2 which is the static TV look. Half approved!
- Back to Jeffree's house, Food Videos stamp is approved.
- Back to meeting, Shane is still fiddling with the Conspiracy prototypes.
- A lot of back and forth between these two scenes of Stamp approvals and Prototypes, which need to be decided ASAP...
- Shane eventually rejects every prototype... the marketing woman looks pissed... All the staff look so done. Shane says it looks like something you could get at Hot Topic. Ouch.
- Cut to Jeffree showing the gang his vault... Morgan looks HUGE here. And you can almost see the dollar signs in Ryland's eyes.
- More cuts back and forth going over the same shit then we get the subtitle:
- Mentoring Morgan - They talk about Hawaii.
- It keeps cutting back to this bloody meeting and it's really jarring.
- Shane fucked up his choices because he "didn't know" and Jeffree didn't want to correct him apparently...
- More talk about how surgery is bad... Despite Jeffree sitting right there xD
- Jeffree wanting to go back to their first idea... Room looks defeated as heck.
- Cuts away to Andrew and Shane trying to design a palette to send to the marketing lady (her name is Anna).
- Shane's First Full Beat - Shane covered in makeup. Just to prove he's into it.
- A lot of "Shane is totally into makeup now".
- Andrew back in the bathroom with his finished look. More montage shit.
- They finally, at 48 minutes, show the Pig Lipstick Collection packaging.
- Palette Reveal Tomorrow...

And that's it...
At this point I think their choice to go back and forth on every topic is an attempt to make this somehow more interesting as I really don't think anyone would want to spend 10 minutes looking at the shades we already saw last episode.
Last edited by lonajasmiin on Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Dullest episode yet. And I officially hate Andrew and his uncomfortable laugh. Amazing how I can grow to dislike someone with no personality. That's how truly powerful his god awful laugh is.

LikeAbutterfly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LikeAbutterfly »

I agree, incredibly dull episode.
And the title didn’t even match the ep.

And Andrews laugh is becoming so freaking annoying, just shut the fuck up already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koncon
Learner
Learner

Post by Koncon »

My god I legitimately almost fell asleep watching this part. Also what is this timeline? He jumps back and forth and back and forth every scene. It's not linear or coherent, reminds me of his Conspiracy editing he did where he kept going between fucking Chuck E Cheese and his friend involved in sex trafficking lmao.

JennyLovesYoutube
Learner
Learner

Post by JennyLovesYoutube »

Shane seems like the biggest pain in the butt to work with and his indecision and lack of knowledge of the different make-up boxes only goes to show how much of a cash grab this is.

Any other, highly creative person would die with a million different ideas for their pallet, but when they ask Shane what plan B is in order to please him, he has NO IDEAS.

Also, the editing is so bad and the music is still too loud to hear their conversations clearly. There is no good narrative, just jumping around from January in the last episode to June in this. Shows how much WORK Shane has been doing the past few months. It also becomes very clear in this episode how hands off Shane is, when J* tries to let him know how much has happened and he says he does his best to keep Shane in loop.

sophiuhh
Informer
Informer

Post by sophiuhh »

I have seen some people on twitter calling it the best part yet, but I'm sure Jeffree knows they are losing the interest of a lot of people, even if their fans won't come out and say it, he's tweeting so much and trying to get their hashtag trending on Twitter and it's obvious that he wants the hype to not die down, however I feel like Shane could not care less. I think that a lack of passion will effect any project anyone ever tries to take on but you'd think that he would at least TRY to be more consistant and would TRY to put effort into their AD-err series because of the monitary reward but he isn't even capable of that. Pathetic, I can't hate watch one more part because I can't stand to see that he keeps on choosing to leave in clips of him complaining or being ''self consious'' about his launch one more time whilst seeing the lack of effort and work ethic on his part.
00:00 ●───────── 1:43 ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

Castille
Talker
Talker

Post by Castille »

Wow we have like 40 people browsing this forum right now. Welcome everyone! Looks like a lot of other people weren’t happy with this episode perhaps?

And thanks to danru for summarising the episode!

Daynahhhh
Informer
Informer

Post by Daynahhhh »

heyjess wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:30 pm
yes!!! same with the designer girl like they're literally just sitting there doing their job wondering which one princess shane likes so they can move on in a timely manner. His editing in general is just so bizarre like he's trying to edit like modern family with all the story lines back and forth except nothing ties in at the end it's all just random shit.

Return to “Shane Dawson”