Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Pawson - Cat Shagger & Gold Digger Snagger - Part 20

Post by Cryptic »

kbisme wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:21 pm
Oh god that’s so disturbing. I just fell down the rabbit hole and read all the shit about Kero the wolf. And then seeing Shane’s tweets is even worse.

I’ll be honest, when I first heard the rumors about the cat stuff, I didn’t believe it. I listened to the podcast and I was mostly convinced it was a dumb joke. But after seeing the other evidence and processing everything, I think there might be something there.

I’ve been watching Shane for the past decade. It’s slowly turned into hate-watching but now I don’t think I can even do that.
The fact that he said that there was no penetration and that he was just 19 in order to minimize what he did and never revealed that he was joking even though everyone was clearly really uncomfortable with what he was saying is pretty worrisome. :?

Cryptic
Informer
Informer

Post by Cryptic »

Im-A-Doll wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:16 pm
"He's a lovely guy, leave him alone" - ImAllexx, 2019. (Talking about Shane and his cat again on his podcast) How has Shane got so many people up his ass? It's so mental.
Seeing people's reactions to the cat scandal and Shane wondering why pedophilia isn't considered just another kink is honestly so disturbing. Where is the line drawn for Shane? Other youtubers would have been ended at this point and spammed with dislikes yet Shane gets constant special treatment by everyone, everything can just be explained away with "hurr durr edgy humor xD" even when Shane doesn't even sound like he's joking. I hope them defending him comes back to bite them in the ass.

silverluna
Debater
Debater

Post by silverluna »

:tu:

VonTrappJediMaster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by VonTrappJediMaster »

GoldenSnitch300 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:33 pm
Ryland thanked everyone but Garrett in his four million subscribers post; could he make it any more obvious he does't like him?
why does he not like him? is ti bc he got with Shane first?

Post by Guest »

GoldenSnitch300 wrote:Ryland thanked everyone but Garrett in his four million subscribers post; could he make it any more obvious he does't like him?
oof that's shady. i always felt like there was a weird tension between them and this kind of confirms it

GoldenSnitch300
Talker
Talker

Post by GoldenSnitch300 »

hexie wrote:
GoldenSnitch300 wrote:Ryland thanked everyone but Garrett in his four million subscribers post; could he make it any more obvious he does't like him?
oof that's shady. i always felt like there was a weird tension between them and this kind of confirms it
Shady AF but karma is a bitch because the most liked comment on the post is calling him out for not mentioning Garrett.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purple Blood
Informer
Informer

Post by Purple Blood »

GoldenSnitch300 wrote:
Ryland thanked everyone but Garrett in his four million subscribers post; could he make it any more obvious he does't like him?
Ryland has reached 4 million subscribers?The whole world has gone mad

GoldenSnitch300
Talker
Talker

Purple Blood wrote:
GoldenSnitch300 wrote:
I’d be really interested to know how many he would have without Shane’s help...

Purple Blood
Informer
Informer

Post by Purple Blood »

GoldenSnitch300 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:58 pm
Purple Blood wrote:
GoldenSnitch300 wrote:

Probably around 100k if he had stayed at Clevver until the end

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Im-A-Doll »

500k max^^ He'd probably still be with Clevver (till the whole shady business last year). and probably have branched out into other things, he was a decent host. and I can see why he has a problem with Garrett, considering Shane for a while had to constantly tell everyone they'd gone on dates and it always seemed he was still hung up on that they never worked out. He'd also probably be jealous of Andrew if Andrew wasn't straight.

youngcurls
Talker
Talker

Post by youngcurls »

GoldenSnitch300 wrote:
Purple Blood wrote:
GoldenSnitch300 wrote:

Like 40

murpl225
Learner
Learner

Post by murpl225 »

supergayyy wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:01 pm
Ryland has no personality and he hardly seems to put any effort into his videos. I can see why he'd be jealous of Garrett who reeks of creativity and could become so much more if given the opportunity and guidance. I hope Garrett distances himself from Shane and truly embraces himself. I feel as if Shane has him caged like an animal and isn't allowing him to truly shine. I wouldn't be surprised if Shane has him under contract and in a non-disclosure agreement. I hope Garrett eventually grows a pair and gives Shane a taste of his own medicine. He's so much more creative and funnier than Shane could ever be.
It’s really sad how much Garrett has disappeared off the scene of Shane’s “squad”. Also it’s annoying how Ryland actually has the most decent upload schedule out of him Shane and garret but his videos are so bland. Like you said if Garret actually stuck to a consistent schedule like that it could be so good.

GoldenSnitch300
Talker
Talker

murpl225 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:33 pm
supergayyy wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:01 pm
Ryland has no personality and he hardly seems to put any effort into his videos. I can see why he'd be jealous of Garrett who reeks of creativity and could become so much more if given the opportunity and guidance. I hope Garrett distances himself from Shane and truly embraces himself. I feel as if Shane has him caged like an animal and isn't allowing him to truly shine. I wouldn't be surprised if Shane has him under contract and in a non-disclosure agreement. I hope Garrett eventually grows a pair and gives Shane a taste of his own medicine. He's so much more creative and funnier than Shane could ever be.
It’s really sad how much Garrett has disappeared off the scene of Shane’s “squad”. Also it’s annoying how Ryland actually has the most decent upload schedule out of him Shane and garret but his videos are so bland. Like you said if Garret actually stuck to a consistent schedule like that it could be so good.
All of this. I think what Garrett needs is to find someone who he can sit and edit with so he can be as creative as he wants but still stick to a schedule. He just seems sort of lost at the moment and none of them seem to care. Shane never even mentions him anymore when it was Garrett that helped him out so much in the beginning and is the only reason why he has Andrew editing for him now. Garrett needs out of this toxic group.

melly888
Debater
Debater

Post by melly888 »

Not sure if anyone remembers but Shane and Garret were in the middle of starting a partnership when he got a bunch of views off of Tanacon and realized he can just capitalize off other peoples tragedies and drama and rake in the cash with “documentaries” that Garrett usually has no part in. (I only remember him being in the Jeffrey one- and graveyard girl if you count that one as a doc.) Their shared “office” turned into Morgan’s home before they could shoot a single video in there together.

I’m sure Garret still genuinely likes “the squad” but I can’t imagine being treated the way he is every single time they’re together. Shane always talks about how they’re somewhat “characters” when they film together but I’m not sure how Shane being “queen”, Ryland being “bougie”, Morgan being “clumsy” and Andrew being “chill dude who laughs” can be compared to Garret being “complete blithering idiot fool who Shane side eyes and talks over half the time.” I don’t think it’s cute to talk over him when he talks about Harry Potter, or side eye him when he brings snacks or stupid toys for filming, or get genuinely pissed at him and take him into a corner to yell at him like he’s a child when he tried to scare everyone during the ghost hunting with graveyard girl video. Even if Garret understands it’s all a “joke” just like every horrible thing Shane does is a “joke,” it subconsciously gets to you. I don’t know why after several years of people being uncomfortable with Shane being bitchy and acting like he’s above Garret and even sometimes Ryland, he still hasn’t learned and stopped “joking”

hunty
Informer
Informer

Post by hunty »

NingBing wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:17 am
To carry on about what was said about Honey and Uno in the last thread:
I feel so so bad for Honey. As already said, she’s a husky and they need so much exercise. It’s not the type of dog you can have roam your house and just let outside to do their business. And Uno looks like he’s proper depressed.
I wish they’d give Honey away to someone who can care for a Husky. They’re not meant to just walk sround in a house, getting an occasional walk. And they’re so smart, they need mental stimulation as well. I doubt they play with Honey in any way that makes Honey use her brain. They probably just throws a tennis ball for her to catch every now and then.
I feel so bad for Uno and Honey. I think Cheeto is doing fine? But big dogs like huskies and labs needs exercise and mental stimulation. I really hope they interact more with them off camera but I doubt it, and that makes me sad.
I feel especially bad for Honey because its obvious she was an impulse purchase and hardly ever treated as nicely and sweetly as Uno or Cheeto are. I mean I don't think Shane actually has ever really posted a picture of just Honey, like he does with Uno and Cheeto all the time. I feel bad for Honey because she doesn't deserve the second-class treatment they give her.

Edit: I feel bad for Garret too. It seems Shane has a habit of picking one of his surrounding people or animals and decides to treat them badly while giving everyone else good treatment
I'm a professional bitch

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

melly888 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:20 pm
Not sure if anyone remembers but Shane and Garret were in the middle of starting a partnership when he got a bunch of views off of Tanacon and realized he can just capitalize off other peoples tragedies and drama and rake in the cash with “documentaries” that Garrett usually has no part in. (I only remember him being in the Jeffrey one- and graveyard girl if you count that one as a doc.) Their shared “office” turned into Morgan’s home before they could shoot a single video in there together.

I’m sure Garret still genuinely likes “the squad” but I can’t imagine being treated the way he is every single time they’re together. Shane always talks about how they’re somewhat “characters” when they film together but I’m not sure how Shane being “queen”, Ryland being “bougie”, Morgan being “clumsy” and Andrew being “chill dude who laughs” can be compared to Garret being “complete blithering idiot fool who Shane side eyes and talks over half the time.” I don’t think it’s cute to talk over him when he talks about Harry Potter, or side eye him when he brings snacks or stupid toys for filming, or get genuinely pissed at him and take him into a corner to yell at him like he’s a child when he tried to scare everyone during the ghost hunting with graveyard girl video. Even if Garret understands it’s all a “joke” just like every horrible thing Shane does is a “joke,” it subconsciously gets to you. I don’t know why after several years of people being uncomfortable with Shane being bitchy and acting like he’s above Garret and even sometimes Ryland, he still hasn’t learned and stopped “joking”
Back in the spooky boys era and a little before then (2017), when Garrett was kind of a newer addition to the squad which only consisted of Shane, Drew, and Garrett, they all seemed more real, like they weren't just playing characters, and they actually seemed like real friends as well. Watching all those videos, they just seemed like teenage boys hanging out. It's also worth mentioning that these videos are ten times funnier than anything Shane is making now. I feel like that year was one of Shane's best.

I can sort of excuse Shane putting Garrett down or ignoring him at times because I always thought they had a kind of love/hate relationship and I find it funny at times, but I think Shane has just taken it too far at this point and you can tell Garrett is getting more insecure nowadays.

I just miss when they were more real, Shane was less mean, and Garrett was being himself and not trying to play the "goofy idiot" trope, acting more childish and obnoxious (which is just so off-putting to me considering he's a grown man). I also feel like Garrett was a lot more attractive back then, I used to have a big crush on him :( lol

taco baco
Debater
Debater

Post by taco baco »

GoldenSnitch300 wrote:
That's shady as fuck. I feel bad for Garrett, out of all the members of the 'squad', he genuinely seems to be the nicest. He's obnoxious and childish, but I don't think there's any malice with what he does. But it feels like he's just the friend who's there for everyone to roll their eyes at. :?

Dex_Cotton
Informer
Informer

Post by Dex_Cotton »

He is a dirty bastard!

Post by Guest »

The whole situation with Garrett strikes me as incredibly sad and makes me really question Shane's intentions in his friendships. If Garrett is phrased out of the group it will confirm for me that Shane is a user justifying his behaviour to himself by claiming to be trying to 'fix' people and dropping them when he realises that this is an impossibility — news flash, Shane, people can't be fixed, you're a 30 year old man, grow the fuck up and get over your martyr complex!

Shane obviously has an eye for talent, I personally think Drew is absolutely hilarious and that Garrett is very funny and wildly creative with an excellent understanding of film. Despite being lovely guys though, they obviously both have personal problems. Drew has pretty bad depression and anxiety and although he's never talked about it, as someone familiar with ASD, I would be incredibly surprised if Garrett wasn't on the spectrum. His hyper-fixations (obsessive interests ie. loving Harry Potter so much that he carries around a wand), misreading of social cues/situations (the bunny and J* incidents, yikes!), sensory differences (always smelling things and touching people), low executive function (basically being able to take care of yourself and complete projects) and the fact that Garrett personifies objects (collecting objects and having non human friends is very common for people with ASD) are all classic spectrum behaviours along with various other traits which I won't get in to for the sake of brevity. I think it's pretty disgusting that Shane would coast of Drew and Garrett's talents and connections (Andrew) in order to get views, only to drop them when they don't suit his content anymore and low and behold he has the magical realisation that these conditions can't be fixed. I will be unsubscribing if they really do out Garrett from the group, he's the only squad member besides Drew that I genuinely like. I already feel like Shane is rapidly loosing touch with his subscribers who aren't literal children or other youtubers wanting to suck his dick and this will be the final straw for me.

Also I'm sorry but Ryland and Morgan don't have talent when it comes to making youtube content, they get views because of Shane... no tea, no shade. Sure Ryland once in a while comes out with a witty one liner and Morgan is young and fairly genuine by youtube standards, but beyond that they're both bland and unoriginal. I agree with what others have said that their bougie jokes aren't really jokes anymore + they are in no way working class, someone on reddit went to high-school with Ryland and confirmed (as if we didn't all already know) that he went to the ''rich kid school'. There's nothing wrong with being middle class, just don't bullshit your audience about it.

melly888
Debater
Debater

Post by melly888 »

I’d definitely say “spooky boys” was an alright time for Shane. But if I’m going honest, I think his best time in youtube was back when he was doing racist skits. I think he fits best in the “no filter/offensive humor” days and should’ve died with it instead of desperately clinging to teen trends to stay relevant after the fact. There’s a lot of youtubers from that “original” era who just look embarrassing nowadays and if Shane is the queen of anything, he’s the queen of those kinds of old youtubers.

Although his shit was offensive AF back then, my tweenage ass ate it up most of the time and I actually had one of his hot topic shirts. You can tell that’s the kind of content he’s meant for and that’s why he struggles today with making everyone happy and has such a hard time understanding why “whatever sorry, back to editing” isn’t enough when people are offended looking back on his old content. I have a hard time believing the documentaries is even what he actually wants to do. Just a couple years back, he was trying to make mini movies/skits like he used to with the recreating stories from his books (anyone remember the fat suit-yikes.) I honestly feel like he only stopped doing those because unfortunately his offensive style skits about that highly dramatized high school setting with the popular blonde bimbo girl and misunderstood nerdy main character isn’t popular anymore despite that being what he truly wants to do. It’s the only thing he gets right, it just doesn’t get views anymore. :?

He tried daily vlogging, it didn’t work because he wasn’t very exciting and honestly it backfired on him since his old vlogs are where people get the questionable clips with his little cousin to accuse him with today. His daily vlogs were actually what made me start to hate him. I don’t know if anyone remembers, but he used to upload daily vlogs with an irrelevant clickbait title like “Justin Bieber Fucked Me??” And then a couple hours later change the thumbnail and title to something like “Shauna Showed Her Tits to Taylor Swift??” So we’d all click it again thinking it was a new video. It got so bad that all the comments were about him doing that. After that he moved into trying random products and foods in videos. Can’t say anyone was a huge fan of that mess tho tbh.

Return to “Shane Dawson”