Re: Stained Dawson - Mansion Rancher - Part 19

Post by Guest »

melly888 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:49 pm
moonmoon44 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:37 pm
sunnybdelete23 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:57 pm
moonmoon44 wrote: Slightly behind on the topic, but I'd like to point out that comedians obviously exaggerate or fabricate stories for their stand-up routines all the time. Or at least they did back in the day, I don't really keep up with that now.

I think Shane's gross/over-the-top stories were an attempt to be like a comedian, mixed with a desire to be shocking for laughs just like he said. Actually, I've always pretty much assumed he was exaggerating/fabricating stories like a comedian. That's what has allowed me to keep watching him all these years.
But still aren't the stories he told horribly disgusting and not funny? Have you see the video where he's dressed up as Nicki Minaj & used a transphobic slur as an insult? Shock humor or not, there's no witty satire there. He used marginalized people as punchlines for his crappy "jokes" for years and we're all suppose to just accept it & forgive him because it was done under the guise of shock humor, like that somehow makes it okay?

But let's get to relatively recent stuff. Do things like him making a conspiracy video theorizing that Sandy Hook used crisis actors not bother you? Or what about the whole giving redemption arcs to racists & abusers thing he was into last year? And then there's the gaslighting of a domestic abuse victim and the telling a fan to f*ck off when they criticized him for doing those hurtful things (so reminiscent of what used to happen back in the day when anyone used to challenge his content). Oh, and praising an alt-right anti-Muslim extremist and saying that it's okay to do so because he's apolitical and only interested in some of his work. Are you okay with that?

I'm not meaning to sound confrontational, I'm just genuinely curious how Shane's fans justify these things, or even how they can honestly say he's changed when there's really no evidence to suggest that he's any different than he used to be. Sure he's learned that he can't get away with racist content anymore, but that doesn't mean he's stopped being problematic.
A lot of what he's said and done absolutely is disgusting, unfunny, and inexcusable. That's the thing, when I first started watching him I had just turned 12 and now I'm 19 so it's safe to say I have a different perspective. His gross/offensive humor comes off as downright horrible and not at all funny to a lot of people but I believe somehow in Shane's mind he thinks it is humor. I think he has changed over the years somewhat but isn't as reformed as he says he is. In any case, I remember when he made the video with the Sandy Hook conspiracy and even then I was shocked he put it in.

I'm very torn. I don't believe the cat story is true (and seriously if I did I'd drop him in a hot minute) but for reasons beyond his gross "jokes" I'm more or less over him anyhow. I find myself looking forward to Ryland and Morgan's videos much more than Shane's. The Twitter fits, martyr attitude, and ridiculous upload 'schedule' have drove me off anyway.
I felt the exact same!! Recently I’ve been kinda opening my eyes to the fact that I’ve been watching him as a preteen so obviously the things he did were excusable and easy to understand that he just grew. But then I realized that I was the one who grew, and he was an adult the entire time.

Seeing the shitty things he did back then and not seeing an issue or even thinking it’s funny makes sense if you watched as a child/teen. But he STARTED youtube at 19 so he’s been an adult this entire journey.
Thank you both for answering this, it is really informative & interesting to me. I'm actually older than Shane so I've always experienced his content from an adult perspective. As you grow and reflect and figure out who you are you become more aware of the content you consume.

peachiez
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by peachiez »

whydoicare67 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:49 pm

And someone said Ryan wouldn't be marrying Shane if he was just in it for the money? Honey, that is the definition of being in it for the money. That's like hitting the ball out of the park. Ryan was so cute before he got in the Shane cult- he definitely could have done "better," LGBTQ or not. But better access to money and clout? Not so much.
Hi, felt like this was an indirect @ me. Though I made it pretty clear I do think Ryland is in it for money but I think there's other reasons too. He could absolutely do better. Gay folks (I'm saying this as a person who's LGBT) tend to settle as soon as they find someone. I've seen it myself with gay friends through the years. They jump on the first person that wants to be in a relationship with them. I think it's mainly out of fear because being gay does make finding someone harder. While I'm not saying this is 100% true for Ryland, I do think it could be part of it. I also think money is a big part of it as well. He might not like Shane but he might be worried someone else, with the same level of fame and cash flow might come around.

CocoaPrincess
Debater
Debater

Post by CocoaPrincess »

Did you guys miss this one? It's the first video I saw when it all happened, I typed Shane Dawson Cat on YT and found that, it doesn't brown-nose him.
Trigger warning : Fucked up shit is discussed in it! That part about Kero the wolf really made me sick.
I don't think it proves or says anything, just food for thought I guess...

BTW I believe the cat story did happen.
I never understood Shane's success if I'm being honest. It took me a while to realize he was unsettling but I just always thought he was a mediocre youtuber at best, and then the "ew" "omg me" "Look at me I'm a fat disgusting pig! I belong in the trash!' started happening more and more and I was kinda done. I don't like Bobby Burns either at all but he was right in his 'hate' video : Shane's content is terrible terrible terrible terrible, it isn't researched whatsoever and it makes him look stupid. It felt good to hear someone say it. Too bad he had to turn around and suck his whole dick&balls!

This whole situation reminds me of Michael Jackson. People stan these weirdos so hard they won't even consider whether they've done it or not, just blindly defend them.

cherry_pie
Learner
Learner

Post by cherry_pie »

I think Shane has a very, very unhealthy mindset when it comes to anything regarding sex. Not to try to diagnose him, but I would assume that stems from the sexual abuse he endured as a child. As a sexual assault survivor myself, I honestly feel for him in that regard.

That being said, as a rich, 30 year old man, it would be so easy for him to get help with those thoughts. He has unlimited resources to get therapy, medication, etc., yet he's never mentioned getting help for it. It's obviously something that was on his mind enough to make those disgusting "jokes" years ago, and I would assume it still is. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he has gotten help. I would hope he has, seeing as he has a long term partner now.

There's only so much you can blame on edgy humor or even trauma, though. He said some seriously depraved things and that's quite worrisome. I hope he realized how disgusting that was and nipped it in the bud. Not to sound like a bitch, but he retweeted his mom's tweet that said "can't wait for grandkids!" and the thought of Shane being around a child really, really worries me

FashCandyxx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FashCandyxx »

Even if ryland was a golddigger, getting married and getting them coins is their goal. If he really loves shane for all his weirdness and unhygienic lifestyle then good luck to him.

lolascherries

Post by lolascherries »

It took a bestiality joke to remind people how bottom tier he is. He needs to get help, work through his trauma and heal. That self deprecating, dark humour is so old. No matter how unpolitically correct the time was back then, that joke should have never been made.

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

^ how dare you obviously the cat Shane was talking about was MUFFIN :<
jk

on the topic of getting engaged bc of the cat thing:
I don't think that's true. It was their anniversary after all, not just some random day. I think it's really a bad time to get engaged, while all that stuff is being talked about, but Shane did it anyway because he'd already planned to.

on the topic of the other weird podcast stories, specifically the ones about Shane's mum:
I have no idea if they were true. I'd be surprised if the whole "finger slipping into her vagina" thing was true, but that's just my personal take. One weird story I do believe is true is the thing about how his mum "cleaned his dick" until he was twelve. He talked about how she'd get all the "dick cheese out" (gag. sorry for writing that, i'm just reiterating what Shane said but I feel like I'm gonna be sick now). I don't know how that stuff works because 1, I don't have any brothers and 2, I'm a lesbian but I think doing that until age 12 crosses a line? Right?

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

morbit wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:13 am
^ how dare you obviously the cat Shane was talking about was MUFFIN :<
jk

on the topic of getting engaged bc of the cat thing:
I don't think that's true. It was their anniversary after all, not just some random day. I think it's really a bad time to get engaged, while all that stuff is being talked about, but Shane did it anyway because he'd already planned to.

on the topic of the other weird podcast stories, specifically the ones about Shane's mum:
I have no idea if they were true. I'd be surprised if the whole "finger slipping into her vagina" thing was true, but that's just my personal take. One weird story I do believe is true is the thing about how his mum "cleaned his dick" until he was twelve. He talked about how she'd get all the "dick cheese out" (gag. sorry for writing that, i'm just reiterating what Shane said but I feel like I'm gonna be sick now). I don't know how that stuff works because 1, I don't have any brothers and 2, I'm a lesbian but I think doing that until age 12 crosses a line? Right?
Of course it crosses a line! 12 is way too old! Shane’s whole upbringing was problematic, he even admitted that he had no boundaries growing up so he’d talk and joke about whatever he wanted until he realised that it was socially acceptable to joke about certain things!

melly888
Debater
Debater

Post by melly888 »

Just to be clear, I don’t think anyone actually thought he rushed an engagement to save face. I definitely went along with the joke though because that’s the type of thinking his fans do. What with them really thinking some computer hacker really sat up at night and made up the pedo allegations to save logan Paul, and now they think that same hacker is trying to divert attention from Romeo lacoaste all at the expense of their poor king :(

I do think that Shane probably thought everyone was going to forget or even feel bad for him after seeing that he’d been planning to wholesomely propose to his boyfriend while we made fun of him on twitter. Like it looks like the dude posted pics immediately after it happened. So he definitely didn’t plan it to cover up his scandal but I’m sure he posted it across all social media’s right away so that would be the focal point instead.

ballamyblue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ballamyblue »

Based on the date and the fact that Ryland's family was there, I doubt that this was a case of rushing an engagement. That said, part of me wonders if would have kept it private for a few days just to be able to make it a little more special. Then I remember that this is the guy who literally shipped himself with every youtuber for views.

My only question is, will he reboot his channel yet again as a couple channel and just vlog? Be one of those obnoxious couples that go to every Disney theme park in the world. His current content takes way to long for him to produce, but then again it is the most popular he will ever be. Then again, his current content isn't Grey Gardens level documentation. It's him basically daily vlogging with "experts" and then rambling about conspiracies he found online.

My final thoughts on the cat thing really are, hopefully someone at a shelter or wherever he adopts his animals saw this on twitter and it stops him from adopting further animals for a while at least. He isn't going to get in trouble for this because at the end of the day while the video of him making out with the dog is disgusting, it isn't enough for public outcry unfortunately. He isn't a well person, but the fact is people are clearly willing to forgive him or put aside their disgust the moment he does something of entertainment. Look, at how many people have rushed to defend him now that he is engaged.

bunny__
Informer
Informer

Post by bunny__ »

ballamyblue wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:53 am
Based on the date and the fact that Ryland's family was there, I doubt that this was a case of rushing an engagement. That said, part of me wonders if would have kept it private for a few days just to be able to make it a little more special. Then I remember that this is the guy who literally shipped himself with every youtuber for views.

My only question is, will he reboot his channel yet again as a couple channel and just vlog? Be one of those obnoxious couples that go to every Disney theme park in the world. His current content takes way to long for him to produce, but then again it is the most popular he will ever be. Then again, his current content isn't Grey Gardens level documentation. It's him basically daily vlogging with "experts" and then rambling about conspiracies he found online.

My final thoughts on the cat thing really are, hopefully someone at a shelter or wherever he adopts his animals saw this on twitter and it stops him from adopting further animals for a while at least. He isn't going to get in trouble for this because at the end of the day while the video of him making out with the dog is disgusting, it isn't enough for public outcry unfortunately. He isn't a well person, but the fact is people are clearly willing to forgive him or put aside their disgust the moment he does something of entertainment. Look, at how many people have rushed to defend him now that he is engaged.
I feel like he would just fully hijack Rylands channel for something like that. I think Rylands mentioned before that Shane already edits for him and Shane's been putting more of himself in Ryland's videos. Which is sad because there are legitimately people there for Ryland and don't want or need to see Shane in them all the time.

melly888
Debater
Debater

Post by melly888 »

Ok so .... Logan Paul made a mocumentary about flat earth and I’m humiliated to say, but this shit is entertaining and funny. The camera work and editing is so much better than Shane’s this is just such an embarrassment. I don’t support Logan Paul but damn he even used the fact that his word doesn’t mean shit to make a joke out of himself supporting flat earth. It’s definitely to the same standard if not better than Shane’s. But for some reason the community actually ostracized Logan instead of defending him for his wrong doings do it won’t take off.

Shane takes months to edit Andrews found footage camera work and edit in stock footage meanwhile this shit as clear as shit and the music isn’t blasting. The only criticism is that he’s making a mockery out of people who actually believe flat earth and actually filming them, but I mean if Shane can make a mockery out of people and businesses then I’m gonna give Shane’s sociopath brother a pass as well.

CheriBeriBem
Informer
Informer

Post by CheriBeriBem »

melly888 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:14 am
Ok so .... Logan Paul made a mocumentary about flat earth and I’m humiliated to say, but this shit is entertaining and funny. The camera work and editing is so much better than Shane’s this is just such an embarrassment. I don’t support Logan Paul but damn he even used the fact that his word doesn’t mean shit to make a joke out of himself supporting flat earth. It’s definitely to the same standard if not better than Shane’s. But for some reason the community actually ostracized Logan instead of defending him for his wrong doings do it won’t take off.

Shane takes months to edit Andrews found footage camera work and edit in stock footage meanwhile this shit as clear as shit and the music isn’t blasting. The only criticism is that he’s making a mockery out of people who actually believe flat earth and actually filming them, but I mean if Shane can make a mockery out of people and businesses then I’m gonna give Shane’s sociopath brother a pass as well.
If Shane is that lazy, why doesn’t he hire a team for editing etc..?? he can afford it!

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

People saying this looks good are the biggest liars on the planet.

Also.. it’s the Riviera palette.. not Rivera.

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

PiinkFart wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:46 am

He can’t apply lipstick to save his life.

NingBing
Talker
Talker

Post by NingBing »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:29 am
The peeing in bottles thing is gross but I figured Ryland just got used to it. It was the story Ryland told about being on the plane next to Shane, and smelling shit, and then realizing Shane was picking his ass that completely made me wonder how the hell he puts up with him. That's DISGUSTING!!! People like Shane are the reason shopping carts and McDonald's touch screen ordering stations are covered in fecal bacteria. Like who the fuck does that shit to begin with, let alone not wash their hands afterwards?!!
imagine sharing a romantic moment with your s/o. Imagine them like..idk kiss you, and then stroke your cheek or put your hair behind your ear. Imagine those fingers smelling like s/o’s ass. Imagine the smell just hitting you in the face when your s/o raises his hand to touch you. That’s Rylands life

Ew ew ew, why did i even type this out
Constantly Confused
:love2:
[english is not my first language]

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Im-A-Doll »

what's going on with his skin on his left cheek? did he get lipstick on his cheek? or has he got a rash?

Post by Guest »

PiinkFart wrote:Image

Omg is this a joke. That looks like total shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinny_boho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by skinny_boho »

bunny__ wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:18 am
ballamyblue wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:53 am

I feel like he would just fully hijack Rylands channel for something like that. I think Rylands mentioned before that Shane already edits for him and Shane's been putting more of himself in Ryland's videos. Which is sad because there are legitimately people there for Ryland and don't want or need to see Shane in them all the time.
Are there though? 😏

Reesia
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Reesia »

Really trying to catch some of that male beauty guru zeitgeist money, huh. Just doesn't feel genuine to me, not from him. Just doesn't ring true as something he's actually passionate about. And that big new home probably put a big ol' dent in the bank account that's just begging to be filled with beauty brand collab palette money. I wonder if any brands would even touch him after the latest scandal.

Return to “Shane Dawson”