Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stained Dawson - Mansion Rancher - Part 19

Post by itsasecretshhh »

hexie wrote:
bunny__ wrote:
roseau wrote: *swatches a new expensive palette (badly) while dancing around like a weird kid* "ahaha I'm a beauty guru!!! ;)"

And the caption is another 'guys I'm so excited about makeup omg I just love it!'

I hope no one is fooled. This interest in makeup only began after the JP series was long done and he started collabing with J* again and J* probably sat him down for a business meeting. And I swear to god if any of his stupid little stans say that J* helped him grow his interest, please, please, PLEASE point out the fact that he's collabed with Jamis Charlis, Nikki, and J* in the past. It's so fucking annoying watching him yet again lie out his ass for a series, like how he'd nEvEr talked to J* (had collabed with him and had him on his podcast), "didn't understand team 10" despite having had 2 over for a stupid vid, etc. I'm sick of it.
Has he even said anything in depth about make up other than what he's parroting from Jeffree? If he actually cared he would have been grossed out by how his bad skin makes the make up look and would have worked on his skin care. Or shout out more than one guru (J*).
in Morgan's new video Morgan (or someone else, I honestly don't remember) asked who his favorite make up guru is and he immediately shouted 'Jeffree!' and then continued to joke about 'everyone say Jeffree' like they weren't allowed to name another guru. I know it was a joke, but it rubbed me the wrong way. like... can he get off Jeffree's dick for just one sec? he pretends he's soooo into make up, but he only ever hypes up/talks about Jeffree.

I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it does.
To be devil's advocate, I've worked with a lot of independent brands, and some of them will have clauses that you're not to name other brands when you do looks with their products. Using other brands is fine, but not to promote them. It never made sense to me personally because if the bigger brand promotes your look on social media, it's great exposure to the smaller brand, but whatever.

Maybe he has some kind of exclusivity deal set in place with J*?

crayonstew
Learner
Learner

Post by crayonstew »

itsasecretshhh wrote:
hexie wrote:
bunny__ wrote:
roseau wrote: *swatches a new expensive palette (badly) while dancing around like a weird kid* "ahaha I'm a beauty guru!!! ;)"

And the caption is another 'guys I'm so excited about makeup omg I just love it!'

I hope no one is fooled. This interest in makeup only began after the JP series was long done and he started collabing with J* again and J* probably sat him down for a business meeting. And I swear to god if any of his stupid little stans say that J* helped him grow his interest, please, please, PLEASE point out the fact that he's collabed with Jamis Charlis, Nikki, and J* in the past. It's so fucking annoying watching him yet again lie out his ass for a series, like how he'd nEvEr talked to J* (had collabed with him and had him on his podcast), "didn't understand team 10" despite having had 2 over for a stupid vid, etc. I'm sick of it.
Has he even said anything in depth about make up other than what he's parroting from Jeffree? If he actually cared he would have been grossed out by how his bad skin makes the make up look and would have worked on his skin care. Or shout out more than one guru (J*).
in Morgan's new video Morgan (or someone else, I honestly don't remember) asked who his favorite make up guru is and he immediately shouted 'Jeffree!' and then continued to joke about 'everyone say Jeffree' like they weren't allowed to name another guru. I know it was a joke, but it rubbed me the wrong way. like... can he get off Jeffree's dick for just one sec? he pretends he's soooo into make up, but he only ever hypes up/talks about Jeffree.

I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it does.
To be devil's advocate, I've worked with a lot of independent brands, and some of them will have clauses that you're not to name other brands when you do looks with their products. Using other brands is fine, but not to promote them. It never made sense to me personally because if the bigger brand promotes your look on social media, it's great exposure to the smaller brand, but whatever.

Maybe he has some kind of exclusivity deal set in place with J*?
This is really interesting because the thing people keep forgetting is that J* is a company and I’m sure that there is a team of people on PR or at least just an agent that is pressuring Jeffree to do the right thing financially, and sis do these tweens create profit. Shane has and always be for younger generation although he’s evolved from 2010 Shane to 2015 Shane it’s still the same age group if you look at the fan base. I can appreciate the fact he evolved for people but the point still is that he will always appeal mainly to undeveloped teens that won’t think for themselves.
Off topic I know but besides Manny what White male hasn’t gotten away with a scandals for the past few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

melly888 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:59 pm
Duuude, I’m looking at Chuck e Cheese twitter right now and every tweet is replied with “you recycle pizza.” It’s been like a month. The twitter is tweeting pictures of the games you can find a Chuck e Cheese, and literally every single reply is about recycling pizza. Anyone who comments to stop gets “watch Shane’s documentary” “the slices don’t add up.” Does this dude just not care at all that he set this company up for lifelong harassment because of some idea he randomly came up with in a fever dream? He’s just following Jeffree Star around now while a franchise burns because some guys who lies on the internet has a huge fanbase who I guess nothing better to do with their lives while they wait for their leader to post another video? It’s actually so sad that it’s still going on.

A guy named itz david made up a video where he got a job at Chuck e Cheese to “prove Shane’s theory.” He made up this whole story about how he has to sign a NDA to work as a cashier at Chuck e Cheese, how he wasn’t allowed to have his phone even in the building, and then he staged a “hidden camera” section of his manager firing him for trying to record his coworkers fitting old slices together. And the manager straight up said “we do this to make money.” It was horribly fake but all the comments were going wild. I wish Shane’s ass actually got sued.

I'm new to hate-watching Shane but this whole CEC "conspiracy" bullshit he pulled seriously makes me really actively dislike this dude (I used to only find him just annoying and pompous)

This company now has to deal with their reputation being tarnished all because some bored neckbeard was looking for "content" for his video channel.

I also really hope they sue the fuck out of him for slander/defamation/libel/harassment/whatever their lawyers can come up with

juno98x
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by juno98x »

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but in Morgan’s most recent vid Shane asked Ryland to get him something and when Ryland said no, Shane said something along the lines of ‘but Jeffree’s boyfriend gets things for him’. UGH. I get it was probably a joke but i could honestly picture Shane saying stuff like that off camera too. :roll:

seacuddle
Debater
Debater

Post by seacuddle »

maybe somebody has mentioned this already, but it makes total and complete sense for Shane to start a business venture in cosmetics. despite what you may think of him, he is one of the very few Youtubers who have been able to remain relevant over the course of an entire decade.
he's done this by constantly changing up his channel, but pretty much going along with whatever is currently trending. and ever since he cut out the skits/short films and just did what everyone else is doing, his channel has been only growing and growing. i think the difference between him and the average Youtuber is that people are drawn to his personality and enjoy what his friends bring to the videos. (ex. spooky boys)

so, it's only natural he would go into cosmetics (no matter how shitty it probably will be or how little interest he likely has) with the support of another extremely relevant YTer, J*. Shane is a businessman looking to grow his business, plain and simple.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

:? :?

accomplishedaioli
Stalker
Stalker

Post by accomplishedaioli »

Regarding the animals:
I actually am incredibly concerned about the dogs. Massive huskies like that do NOT take well to being cooped up inside (albeit it being a mansion). They're sled dogs for goodness' sake, they're genetically built for exercise! Like other users stated, they should just be let outside to run around for proper exercise.

Huskies are also incredibly smart dogs and need intellectual stimulation - whether it be through interaction with their owners or training of some sort. Shane hardly seems to be providing anything of the sort. Ryland maybe but they really need to up their game with the dogs.

roseau
Talker
Talker

Post by roseau »

seacuddle wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:08 pm
maybe somebody has mentioned this already, but it makes total and complete sense for Shane to start a business venture in cosmetics. despite what you may think of him, he is one of the very few Youtubers who have been able to remain relevant over the course of an entire decade.
he's done this by constantly changing up his channel, but pretty much going along with whatever is currently trending. and ever since he cut out the skits/short films and just did what everyone else is doing, his channel has been only growing and growing. i think the difference between him and the average Youtuber is that people are drawn to his personality and enjoy what his friends bring to the videos. (ex. spooky boys)

so, it's only natural he would go into cosmetics (no matter how shitty it probably will be or how little interest he likely has) with the support of another extremely relevant YTer, J*. Shane is a businessman looking to grow his business, plain and simple.
I disagree. It makes sense for beauty guru and beauty guru adjacent youtubers to go into cosmetics. James Charles made sense. Zoella made sense. Shane? No. Though I absolutely hate Felix, let's take him as an example. He's been relevant for a long time too, switching up his style of video. Some of the merch he promotes / sells, e.g. the gaming chair, is incredibly expensive and tailored to his audience- but also makes sense for him to be involved with. Businesses tend to grow in a direction that makes sense. Shane's business is formed around him and more recently his "squad", which is why his merch is focused on himself, like the omg pig shirt, underwear shirt etc. His channel massively stagnated with all those eating videos for a long time.

Jeffree's business makes sense. Lipsticks leading to more cosmetics, leading to accessories, leading to clothing etc. He's collabed with other YTs before, and it makes sense for HIM to do it again, as being on YT is part of his brand. But Shane isn't growing his business, he's exploiting younger fans massively. We've all seen that video with J* when Shane got dollar signs in his eyes and realised he might be able to live off his fan base. Shane's not interested in makeup beyond what it could give him in terms of money. He's just looking to make money, not expand his business.

Fifi_dear
Informer
Informer

Post by Fifi_dear »

roseau wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:06 am
We've all seen that video with J* when Shane got dollar signs in his eyes and realised he might be able to live off his fan base. Shane's not interested in makeup beyond what it could give him in terms of money. He's just looking to make money, not expand his business.
I have hoped for a while that someone would make a GIF of Shane's jaw dropping when J* told him his net worth and post this under all those tweets of Shane where he proclaims his newly found love for make-up... $$$

GoldenSnitch300
Talker
Talker

Post by GoldenSnitch300 »

Does anyone else think that Garrett's absence from the squad is by choice rather being purposefully left out? I've been stalking him a little bit on Instagram and he's been out with his non youtube friends a lot when last year he was a virtual recluse and has kept his place clean and tidy. He also looks a lot healthier than he did last year and seems really happy. Self-deprecating humour is Shane's thing but it can't be good to be around that all the time and Garrett seemed to get stuck in that mindset with him. The hoarding thing affected him a lot more than he let on i'll bet and then his uncle dying - I can't knock him for taking time off to get his head straight. He did say he's been filming this week so we might get some new content soon. I love Garrett but if he needs to not be around the squad for his mental health then I'd rather he stays away.

melly888
Debater
Debater

Post by melly888 »

seacuddle wrote:

Don’t mean to be disrespectful here. I agree that he follows trends but I think that his personality is what makes him more genuine. His personality isn’t really what keeps him enjoyable or relevant bc I think his personality is what he tends to keep “on trend” more than his videos. He started off with the scene style, then the singer, went on to the kiddie channel manufactured DIY/Trying Products personality, and is now basically a walking tweet going “me” “tea” all the time. Not sure what his true personality is tbh even after watching him for years. He’s even picked up and dropped different youtube “best friends” throughout the years. :? If someone doesn’t look back at his friendship with Joey Graceffa and sees that Shane was straight up using him, you’re blind. Hell, JOEY should be the one getting a makeup deal right now. I guess if your point is that his fans shouldn’t take him too seriously because his youtube isn’t a community like the rest and we are all just on the outside watching his trump tower grow, then honestly that’s a good point. It’s just disheartening that he’s labeled as a genuine guy by himself and his fans when he is just building his business and his bank account by using his fans love and trust as his stepping stairs.

:toad: And as for working with Jeffree and makeup because that’s what is trendy now, I disagree. I actually think Shane was the one who made Jeffree more relevant. Before the series Jeffree had his fans, but most people on the outside saw him as a racist or abusive towards fans and preferred other makeup artists. To me, he’s with Jeffree more because he’s the only guru who would help him make his own pallet free of charge. And as for makeup and cosmetics being trendy, I disagree with that too. To me, it looks more like something the beauty community exclusively are doing making makeup nowadays. With James, Manny, the crying girl (forget her name) and now Nikita. Shane is the only one outside the community trying to push his way into this and it looks so disingenuous it’s hard not to think it’s only because he sees them getting rich quick. He’s not a guru. He’s not been on the outside looking in like Jenna Marbles and Tana have. It’s not like David Dobrik, Jake Paul, or even Tana are making makeup. Then it’d be a trend. Sorry it’s just not fair at all that there are tons of male makeup artists trying to hard to get relevant or a makeup deal and here comes Shane with dollar signs in his eyes. :grump:

melly888
Debater
Debater

Post by melly888 »

GoldenSnitch300 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:24 am
Does anyone else think that Garrett's absence from the squad is by choice rather being purposefully left out? I've been stalking him a little bit on Instagram and he's been out with his non youtube friends a lot when last year he was a virtual recluse and has kept his place clean and tidy. He also looks a lot healthier than he did last year and seems really happy. Self-deprecating humour is Shane's thing but it can't be good to be around that all the time and Garrett seemed to get stuck in that mindset with him. The hoarding thing affected him a lot more than he let on i'll bet and then his uncle dying - I can't knock him for taking time off to get his head straight. He did say he's been filming this week so we might get some new content soon. I love Garrett but if he needs to not be around the squad for his mental health then I'd rather he stays away.
Tbh it feels like Shane stole Andrew away from Garret and he probably feels really left out now. Or feels like his only way to hang out wirh Andrew is to help out with editing. Back when Gabbie Show was dating Andrew, Garrett was with them a lot just hanging out. He clearly had a close friendship with him and now he kinda got iced out of both his friendship with Shane and Andrew unless he’s going to participate in Shane’s stupid shit show. So much for getting your friend and editor.

GoldenSnitch300
Talker
Talker

Post by GoldenSnitch300 »

melly888 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:08 am
GoldenSnitch300 wrote:
Tbh it feels like Shane stole Andrew away from Garret and he probably feels really left out now. Or feels like his only way to hang out wirh Andrew is to help out with editing. Back when Gabbie Show was dating Andrew, Garrett was with them a lot just hanging out. He clearly had a close friendship with him and now he kinda got iced out of both his friendship with Shane and Andrew unless he’s going to participate in Shane’s stupid shit show. So much for getting your friend and editor.
I actually feel sorry for Andrew being stuck with Shane all the time. He's stuck at their house every week which obviously suits Shane but it's unfair to expect Andrew to stay up all hours editing just because that's what Shane wants or hasn't managed his time properly. Andrew doesn't strike me as the type to say anything either and I highly doubt he has much input in how the series go, he just does what he's told. Garrett and Andrew are the only two that actually have a genuine friendship and I hope Shae doesn't wreck that; he picks up and drops friends so quickly i wouldn't be surprised if Andrews next to go.

bunny__
Informer
Informer

Post by bunny__ »

GoldenSnitch300 wrote:
It's totally plausible. Not meaning to blog post but I have left friends in the past who were along the lines of Shane's humor because it was impacting me. When you say those things so much you really begin to believe it. Whenever Garrett talked about being "big" and insecure instead of Shane comforting his friend the most he could do was make a joke or be like "omg same". People can definitely be toxic even if it isn't their intention and I feel that's one of the reasons why Garrett has been away. Along with the other reasons people have stated too.

seacuddle
Debater
Debater

Post by seacuddle »

<3
Last edited by seacuddle on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

seacuddle
Debater
Debater

Post by seacuddle »

melly888 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 am
seacuddle wrote:

Don’t mean to be disrespectful here. I agree that he follows trends but I think that his personality is what makes him more genuine. His personality isn’t really what keeps him enjoyable or relevant bc I think his personality is what he tends to keep “on trend” more than his videos. He started off with the scene style, then the singer, went on to the kiddie channel manufactured DIY/Trying Products personality, and is now basically a walking tweet going “me” “tea” all the time. Not sure what his true personality is tbh even after watching him for years. He’s even picked up and dropped different youtube “best friends” throughout the years. :? If someone doesn’t look back at his friendship with Joey Graceffa and sees that Shane was straight up using him, you’re blind. Hell, JOEY should be the one getting a makeup deal right now. I guess if your point is that his fans shouldn’t take him too seriously because his youtube isn’t a community like the rest and we are all just on the outside watching his trump tower grow, then honestly that’s a good point. It’s just disheartening that he’s labeled as a genuine guy by himself and his fans when he is just building his business and his bank account by using his fans love and trust as his stepping stairs.

:toad: And as for working with Jeffree and makeup because that’s what is trendy now, I disagree. I actually think Shane was the one who made Jeffree more relevant. Before the series Jeffree had his fans, but most people on the outside saw him as a racist or abusive towards fans and preferred other makeup artists. To me, he’s with Jeffree more because he’s the only guru who would help him make his own pallet free of charge. And as for makeup and cosmetics being trendy, I disagree with that too. To me, it looks more like something the beauty community exclusively are doing making makeup nowadays. With James, Manny, the crying girl (forget her name) and now Nikita. Shane is the only one outside the community trying to push his way into this and it looks so disingenuous it’s hard not to think it’s only because he sees them getting rich quick. He’s not a guru. He’s not been on the outside looking in like Jenna Marbles and Tana have. It’s not like David Dobrik, Jake Paul, or even Tana are making makeup. Then it’d be a trend. Sorry it’s just not fair at all that there are tons of male makeup artists trying to hard to get relevant or a makeup deal and here comes Shane with dollar signs in his eyes. :grump:
not disrespectful, I agree with everything you said. Joey does deserve a makeup deal! he's been normalizing "male beauty/cosmetics" for awhile now, and I feel like he could really get creative with it. tbh I had no idea who J* was before Shane so I think you have a point LOL. And by makeup being "trendy", I guess what I meant I was referring to was among the youth rather than YT community. as in, I see lots of younger girls with a lot more interest in makeup than when I was a young teen. particularly the "Kim K" style makeup rather than lip gloss/mascara. so, he saw this growing interest in makeup among the youth and wanted to capitalize on that, unfortunately, instead of promoting or working with real male makeup artists as you said.

Daynahhhh
Informer
Informer

Post by Daynahhhh »

hunty wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:41 pm
Has anyone else noticed just how much he hangs out with Andrew? Like at this point he literally is with Andrew more than anyone else (including Ryland). I'm sure it's nothing, but it is weird how much it seems he would rather hang out with Andrew and his new best friend Jeffreak than Ryland. Like someone said above, this is also behavior he had when his relationship with Lisa was coming to end.
my bf and i have a running joke that shane and andrew have a thing LOL. ryland seems to have no clue what theyre doing half the time in that big mansion of theirs.

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

Daynahhhh wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 pm
hunty wrote:
Has anyone else noticed just how much he hangs out with Andrew? Like at this point he literally is with Andrew more than anyone else (including Ryland). I'm sure it's nothing, but it is weird how much it seems he would rather hang out with Andrew and his new best friend Jeffreak than Ryland. Like someone said above, this is also behavior he had when his relationship with Lisa was coming to end.
my bf and i have a running joke that shane and andrew have a thing LOL. ryland seems to have no clue what theyre doing half the time in that big mansion of theirs.
I’ve stated before that I’m 99% certain Andrew lives there.

Daynahhhh
Informer
Informer

Post by Daynahhhh »

lurkermclurkerson wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:43 pm
Daynahhhh wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 pm
hunty wrote:
I’ve stated before that I’m 99% certain Andrew lives there.
if he doesn't there's no doubt he stays there most nights or is over like all day every day but i wouldn't be surprised if he did.

crayonstew
Learner
Learner

Post by crayonstew »

seacuddle wrote:maybe somebody has mentioned this already, but it makes total and complete sense for Shane to start a business venture in cosmetics. despite what you may think of him, he is one of the very few Youtubers who have been able to remain relevant over the course of an entire decade.

I mean yes? This is what we summarise when we say he’s in it for money. That it logically makes sense from a business standpoint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Shane Dawson”