Stained Dawson - Mansion Rancher - Part 18

peachy241
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stained Dawson - Mansion Rancher - Part 18

Post by peachy241 »

I’m about 40 minutes into the new video. But I honestly skipped through so much of it. I don’t understand why Shane feels the need to over-edit his series. I’m unable to follow along with each conspiracy due to him switching every few minutes.
I also think it’s quiet disrespectful to Brittani’s story to be constantly interrupted by a fucking pizza conspiracy.
I remember him saying on Twitter(or Snapchat?) that they needed more time to edit because there was SO much footage that they just needed to use. Half of the footage is pointless though. There are so many thing he could have taken out but instead left them in to hype up the length of the video. I’ve been watching Shane since the very beginning and it’s just frustrating that he could have made a way better video (editing wise) than this.

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

Both Shanes fans AND Shane are fucking delusional. He didn't even correct them when they referred to his video as a movie. It's a fucking youtube video. Not a movie.

pale-blue-monster
Debater
Debater

Post by pale-blue-monster »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:57 pm
Of course he splices in weird random clips throughout the video so you have to watch the whole stupid thing just to see the Brittani story which is the only thing I was interested in ImageImageImage

So far all this proves is that Shane is a shitty friend and person overall. He falls out of touch with a close friend for 5 years due to what he believes is a controlling boyfriend but never says anything, never checks on her, never asks if she is ok, never offers help, does not try to visit her or meet her child. But now they’re best friends again because she can bring in money for a video. I can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's easy to criticize them falling out of touch. But we don't really know what happened, (I didn't watch the whole video so correct me if I'm wrong). But Shane probably at that time had his own stuff going on and as adults I feel it's easier to fall out of touch because you both have lives, especially when there is a controlling boyfriend on the scene.

Anyway, I couldn't watch the whole thing, it's over edited and needs to be cut down into like half the time. I wish he would stick to one conspiracy at a time because I cannot keep up.

stars&rockets08
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by stars&rockets08 »

The chuck e cheese thing is so stupid, and annoying. But, the further I get into the video, it just makes the video comical, like a dumb vlog.

pinhead
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pinhead »

WHO is asking for an HOUR AND A HALF of this? I just feel like it's too much and could be condensed in to smaller, better edited portions

beautyblenderhohoho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by beautyblenderhohoho »

as someone who laughs at inappropriate times, i find andrew laughing when brittani is talking about her mother in law trying to do all kinds of weird shit to her baby is like.....dude get a fucking grip that's so rude

Cacophonouslaughs
Learner
Learner

Post by Cacophonouslaughs »

Okay, so I’m back. TLDW;

Shane talks about how Chuck E. Cheese puts together recycled pizza slices for a third of the video. Easily the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. He then asks the waiter what’s up with the pizza, and he relays the conversation. He says she laughed the whole time acting suspicion like “what are you talking about” but that honestly probably didn’t happen. Kind of funny how Andrew wasn’t with him when he talked to the girl about it. Yes, the pizza looks sketchy but it’s Chuck E. Cheese. Not fucking California Pizza Kitchen or something. Also, what I just found out in literally FIVE MINUTES of research is that they do sell single slices of pizza at my local Chuck E. Cheese. So are they probably skimping people on a large cheese pizza? It’s entirely possible and cheap but WHO CARES?

Okay, second topic. The voice recording thing. Morgan, Ryland, Andrew, and Shane all did it and literally none of them sounded anything like they fake voices. That was bullshit and a waste of time. I skipped most of that and the Chuck E. Cheese shit.

Last topic: Brittani Taylor. First of all, Andrew cackling when she’s talking about binding an infant’s hips is why the camera man shouldn’t be allowed to talk. Andrew such a fucking mouth breather. Her story is honestly heartbreaking and Shane didn’t interject often to give an opinion or anything. He mostly just listened and asked questions. I could recommend watching those sections of the video if you don’t know much about her situation or breakup. If anything, I think it’s good for his young viewers to hear about the dangers of internet dating and sex trafficking.

Last thing I want to mention: THE TANA SONG AT THE END. ARE YOU KIDDING? He played her dumb talentless song at end and was all “I blurred out Milos’ face for most of this video for his privacy. But since he hurt and cheated on my best friend, I changed my mind” *insert epic bass drop* Then he showed pics of the dude’s face. This wasn’t anything mild blowing or new, if anyone wanted to look they could’ve just looked at her old videos. So it didn’t look badass, it just looked fucking stupid.

TLDR; If you watch, watch for Rex. He’s an angel.

peachy241
Lurker
Lurker

Post by peachy241 »

So Shane really ended this video with Fuck Up by Tana

(This is obviously isn’t one of the worst parts of the video but like come on man, you gave Jake Paul an emotional song because he’s “misunderstood” but you couldn’t have chosen a different song for Brittani’s abuse story???)

jenniferlee878
Learner
Learner

Post by jenniferlee878 »

As others have already said, I found the editing of the video highly disrespectful to Brittani and her story. It cuts from her talking about very serious topics to them "prank calling" people using the voice recordings that sounded nothing like them and giggling about a pizza at an establishment designed for children. If you are interested in learning more about Brittani's story without having to sit through the nonsense that was that video, I suggest listening to the podcast called "This is Actually Happening" and the episode called "What if you found a real Hollywood romance?" - the podcast is essentially a space for people to tell their stories with no interjection from a host. It's a 55 minute episode in which she tells her entire story. My recommendation? Listen to that, skip Shane's video, and in the end you'll save yourself some time and the headache of watching that whole video. It. Was. A. Mess.

silverluna
Debater
Debater

Post by silverluna »

This whole time I felt like the theories linked cos they were edited that way... brittani's story was super interesting and thats the only decent thing about this episode. Also Andrew's cackling, omfg

SweetsLove
Stalker
Stalker

Post by SweetsLove »

The editing was awful. I was hoping that it would all tie together - like Brittani’s ex would have used a similar voice technology or something. The Chuck E Cheez part would have been an excuse to take Rex there and see what real children are drawn to at the restaurant. Instead everything felt so jumbled and mixed up.

I hope that he releases Brittani’s full interview. It was the most interesting part. It was also his best interview yet and was a lot more structured because she is a good storyteller which made his poor interviewing skills less obvious. Releasing the full interview is also another way for Shane to make even more money because he sooo poor.

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

Listen.

This video wasn't awful. It was just completely unnecessary.

Why does he feel the need to edit his videos to all hell? Why does every clip need to be repeated ten times for "effect"? That effect is lost somewhere by the third time, Shane. Go take a class, you need it.

This could've easily been made into two videos. First, one that's focused on Brittani. Second, focused on Chuck-E-Cheese. Putting all of these clips next to one another out of consecutive order just makes it difficult to follow along. It shows how little they have on these things, when half the video are weird cuts and repeated sequences. And they should have just cut the whole voice thing. Sure, they wanted something lighter in the middle for humorous effect, but why is that needed? How can you tell a (from this perspective) harrowing story about a woman that was almost pulled into a human trafficking scheme next to light hearted laughter as someone calls their mum using a stupid voice app? That's like a subpar yt-video from 2012.

Now the discussion we're left with is: ??? What? You wanted to tie these stories together so that we'll think we can't trust anyone? We can't trust the people around us, and we can't even trust our restaurants!! The horror! Like, I get it. If these were just two separate videos it would be fine. But they aren't. They're just a weird mix that they lazily tied together.

As someone who's been on yt for a long time I've been following Brittani for a decent amount of time. I wasn't ever a "watch every video" viewer, but I've kept up with her from time to time over the years. When the whole Milos thing and deleted videos started happening, I followed her closer. But then she never addressed it, except for in video titles to draw in viewers. She kept saying that she'd tell the truth -- and when she finally did, she monetised it. YT videos are monetised from the get-go, but putting it in a book is on another level.

I can't imagine the horror she's been through. But from her thread on her (which I've followed since this all began) I can tell that it's all been blown out of proportion. She may not be telling the full story, but if this really was something that they were considering, then Milos wouldn't be out on the streets with his new wife and kid. It's a film narrative that fits perfectly with Shane's style, though, so of course he didn't ask questions. But as we know, he's not a critical documentarian. He's a friendly one that only wants the best for his friend. Don't mix friends with work, Shane, it makes for terrible videos. It's laughable, really. Shane is everyone's friend, so he shouldn't be making documentaries.

I can't fully deny what has happened to Brittani but it's such an american perspective on europe and the balkan area over all. Get over yourselves. It doesn't work like this. But again, I wouldn't say Brittani is lying. I just think she's in this and believes it, but we have a right to question it if she's not providing enough answers to nail it down. She's putting it out there by her own will, after all. After all she's been through and with all the restrictions she's said is put on her life, she's still making videos with her son. I'd imagine if I was fearing for me and my child's safety I wouldn't risk literally providing the location and the life story of us anywhere online. Not in a book, and not being filmed for a vlog every week. It's just strange to me.

Anyway, that's more for the BLT thread. What I'm saying is: Shane talked about interesting topics, but in his own Shane way he had to include a "funny thing" and edit it to hell and put everything in an order that's so amateur that it's cringe worthy. This one was easier to watch than the last one was, though, but mostly because I was already intrigued by Brittani's story.

So yeah. Shane, take a class. Or stop making these types of videos all together. If you have to make documentaries, do them about your own life and family and "feel good", funny shit. That's what he knows and he wouldn't be so thoughtless with the editing if it had to do with his own family.

*shrugs* guess I'm in this shit again. I care a lot given the essay I just wrote about all of this. But yeah, shame on you Shane. Seriously.

Ibeatpeopleskids
Learner
Learner

Post by Ibeatpeopleskids »

I haven't been in the BLT thread like some other posters so I don't know the full story, but I feel like Shane could've handle her segment WAY better. I mean he gave Jake Paul an eight part series but he can barely give his "bff" of 11 years thirty minutes to tell her abuse story? Also Andrew laughing multiple times during her story pissed me off, it's so unprofessional and inconsiderate. That's why I don't understand fans always saying Shane's series should be on Netflix, Netflix would never allow a series where a cameraman is laughing while a victim is talking about their abuse. I also don't like all the jump cuts and switching between topics like everyone else already mentioned.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

I actually... didn't mind the editing. It kept my ADHD-esque brain occupied. Like yeah, a part of me wants to roll my eyes at it, because you can tell he really thought he did something... but it made those 90 minute feel less like it was dragging on.

jenniferlee878
Learner
Learner

Post by jenniferlee878 »

manged wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:11 pm
I actually... didn't mind the editing. It kept my ADHD-esque brain occupied. Like yeah, a part of me wants to roll my eyes at it, because you can tell he really thought he did something... but it made those 90 minute feel less like it was dragging on.
I agree with you on this. I know the problem I had with it (and what I think I'm hearing others say, as well) is the fact that none of the storylines went together. I didn't mind the editing, I just didn't understand how it made much sense when the three topics being addressed didn't seem to have anything to do with each other. I do understand and appreciate what you're saying, though - I also felt like it went by pretty quickly because it all moved so quickly!

sparklesandsequins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sparklesandsequins »

I felt like I got whiplash from the editing of that video. I had to rewind it at least 5 times throughout just because i happened to look away for one second & it would be on an entirely new conspiracy. I really think he should've just given Brittani her own video. Half the clips from the voice generator I thought were a part of her story bc it was the same music, same room, etc.

Loopy_
Learner
Learner

Post by Loopy_ »

I really hated not having a coherent storyline, it got rather confusing in parts. I mean add in whatever weird sound effects and clips you need but at least put each story together!
Brittani really should have had her own episode because I feel like her story was far too serious to just be thrown in with a bunch of random conspiracy theories.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

moonmoon44
Learner
Learner

Post by moonmoon44 »

I'm fascinated by Brittani's story. That's some crazy shit. Everyone else has already said it, but my heart sank when it switched to the Chuck. E. Cheese pizza conspiracy literally in the middle of Brittani's sentence. Like Shane, pls. I'm tempted to her book tbh but for no thicker than it is it's $15 and that's not including shipping...

The voice clone part wasn't really a conspiracy or even that accurate, but the part with Shane facetiming Morgan actually made me laugh. I've said it a billion times but I miss the group shenanigans.

Maybe the pizza part is dumb but I was HORRIFIED by this theory. I've never even been to a Chuck E Cheese and I wanted to gag. Just the thought of being served pizza that had been at someone else's table where they touched it, sneezed, spit, breathed on it, whatever else makes me want to puke and never eat in public again. What I wonder is why Shane never even considered the other possibility, however: that the pizzas are indeed just two different halves, like they mix and match freshly cooked pizzas to make the order. Like someone orders half onion and half sausage so they make and whole one of both, take a half from each, and then in turn give someone else the other halves with whatever they order, you know? Sure that's not technically fresh either but it's better than a stranger's left overs.

MsAudrey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsAudrey »

I can't stop laughing at that clip he kept using of the girl saying she "couldn't sleep" because of Chuck E Cheese "is THIS what we're teaching our children?!" It's an arcade, chuck e cheese didnt invent arcades

Daynahhhh
Informer
Informer

Post by Daynahhhh »

I will say I enjoyed this part better than the first but literally only because of BLT's story, and I kinda found it a little disrespectful to her story that it was edited the way it was. The other 2 "conspiracies" went on WAY. TOO. LONG. Also did Shane not read her book?? He had no clue anything about the story (and literally didn't seem to know what human trafficking was?) and Andrew was being his usual dumb self "wait what? heueeueuehheheu"
I can't believe it took them this damn long to edit that mess. The chuck e cheese one didn't even end with any conclusion.
Last edited by Daynahhhh on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Shane Dawson”