Stained Dawson - Mansion Rancher - Part 18

gloworm
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stained Dawson - Mansion Rancher - Part 18

Post by gloworm »

yeah the fire theory was fucked up and super inappropriate considering how raw the tragedies really are.
all i saw was sweaty guy rubbing his face and saying “oh my god” while whispering into a phone and walking through a neighborhood affected by fires.

it's like when people post about tragedies that happen in other countries, like the flooding in venice for example, and say 'oh my god i was there 2098 days ago, just to think that if my trip was any later this could be me!' so fucking privileged and infuriating. the fact that he's profiting off such a tragedy is even more so, not to mention trespassing on people's property for a couple of minutes of footage for a shitty yt video. who gives a fuck you were NEARLY affected by the fires, you weren't and other actual people were so shut up

sparklesandsequins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sparklesandsequins »

mdlovesgg wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:54 pm
I'm sorry if this sounds word vomity but I wanted to get this off my chest in case shane actually reads here (which we know he does).

My family and friends, including my parents, are all victims of the California wild fires. My next door neighbors died. My parents are homeless and struggling to find a reason to live. My county is in shambles and we are all suffering.

Shane making money of any kind off of his video thinking that this fucking fire was the fault of the homeowners or lasers or whatever bullshit he is spewing is actually disgusting. I thought I'd lost most of my respect for him before, but it's all gone now. He is SO up in arms about his home 'almost being burned.' Well guess what, he has a home, his mom has a home, he doesn't need to worry. If he wanted to help victims of these fires like my family he could've done way more good by staying the hell out of it.

Just wanted to provide perspective from someone that was actually impacted by the fire and knows the brave people that did their best to stop that fire. Fuck Shane Dawson, he can rot in hell.
I've lost my home before & can't even imagine watching someone fake sad while walking all over the burnt remains for no other reason besides making a profit off of it... saying it was government laser beams was just an added bonus. I think it would've been okay if he stayed in the car & filmed from out the window, or hell even the sidewalk, but to trespass onto a stranger's property & film was disgusting. His ego's so big he thinks he holds the power to do anything.

jenibear105
Talker
Talker

Post by jenibear105 »

Okay so I love Shane and all and I'm going to be honest here I read like one page of this thread (and will probably go back and read all of it tbh). The main reason I'm here is that I literally do not understand what took so long to get this video out? The content wasn't all that great, the editing wasn't anything AMAZING. Like ?????? I'm actually really disappointed and not even excited for the next video to come out next week because who knows how many months are going to go by before we get another sub-par video, probably a series on another problematic youtuber or an insufferable collab with J*. Like, I love Shane, but I'm so disappointed :(

FleekCucumber
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FleekCucumber »

Maybe with some suggestion he can raise some money for his neighbors and friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

mdlovesgg wrote:I'm sorry if this sounds word vomity but I wanted to get this off my chest in case shane actually reads here (which we know he does).

My family and friends, including my parents, are all victims of the California wild fires. My next door neighbors died. My parents are homeless and struggling to find a reason to live. My county is in shambles and we are all suffering.

Shane making money of any kind off of his video thinking that this fucking fire was the fault of the homeowners or lasers or whatever bullshit he is spewing is actually disgusting. I thought I'd lost most of my respect for him before, but it's all gone now. He is SO up in arms about his home 'almost being burned.' Well guess what, he has a home, his mom has a home, he doesn't need to worry. If he wanted to help victims of these fires like my family he could've done way more good by staying the hell out of it.

Just wanted to provide perspective from someone that was actually impacted by the fire and knows the brave people that did their best to stop that fire. Fuck Shane Dawson, he can rot in hell.
I'm so sorry you and your community are going through this. Your experience is exactly why I felt so fucking disgusted by that section of the video. I still can't believe they went on someone's property and filmed like that.

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

Almost nothing in the video was a conspiracy. Shane needs to look up the definition before he makes another video.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

Snookerddle wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:00 pm
Almost nothing in the video was a conspiracy. Shane needs to look up the definition before he makes another video.

Grocery stores uses marketing tactics?! Shocking! I thinking they teach that in high school marketing classes.

RosaBelle
Talker
Talker

Post by RosaBelle »

Eh, tbh didn't mind the new video. A bit hard to follow at times with how it jumped from conspiracy to conspiracy, but overall not terrible. Better than his docuseries. Seems a lot closer to what he was doing before the docuseries took over his channel. Not my cup of tea, exactly, but it's getting there. Also, unpopular opinion but good on them for getting that mansion. It's nice that they're bringing in enough dough to live their dreams y'know? Really don't see why some people are hating on them for the house. If I had enough money I'd absolutely buy that house and I'd probably show it off a little too. No shame in being proud of self making yourself from poverty to riches. Hope I can do that someday.
<3 A party without cake is just a meeting ~ Julia Child <3

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

Well he's managed to make a mess for himself on Twitter again. Some alt-right propagandist tweeted him and Shane replied with an added 'luv ur stuff.'

https://twitter.com/shanedawson/status/ ... 65728?s=20

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

So let me break this down:

Deep fakes: The only part of this whole thing that freaked me out. Scary to imagine. I just watched a movie on Netflix called 'Cam' which is like this, reminded me of a long "Black Mirror" episode basically.

iPhone stuff: Not "conspiracies" or a conspiracy. Stupid fluff to pad the video and show "the squad" off more because Shane's viewers love the squad and if they're there will guarantee they click play.

California fires: Gave me a bad taste in my mouth, particularly when Shane, Ryland and Andrew just rolled up and walked through the rubble that was once someone's home and life. There were no conspiracies involved there, just devastation, people lost their lives. He should have just not.

Suicidal imagery / subliminal messages in children's programming and cartoons: Seeing it all together and presented like this, I feel like this is the only other thing, as the person in the screencapped comment above here thought, has any validity to it. I never even thought of it and I shuddered. He does go on to present nursery rhymes and such and those always fascinated me, the origins and meanings behind them. He touched on Ring Around The Roses, which isn't about the plague at all, by the way. His Wikipedia screen shot didn't show that part where it said that had been debunked and why it made no sense.

Walt Disney being cryogenically frozen: Walt's daughter has denied this. "Frozen" has nothing to do with a cover up of this... it's merely a retelling of "The Snow Queen". That 'Walt is frozen' theory has been going on pretty much since his death. The science behind cryonics is still evolving.

Marketing strategies: Just that strategies not conspiracies. Product placement? Color theory? Grocery stores mapped out and stocked the way they are? You don't say... sounds kind of deliberate? Ooooooh. *yawn*

As part of that, watch faces at 10:10? It's aesthetically more pleasing, that's all. Nothing sinister nor anything conspiratorial. A&F / Hollister. The ex CEO was garbage, there are no conspiracies involved there either. We know this is fact. The one time I set foot in a Hollister, Christmas shopping for someone, it was dark, loud, and gave me a headache. I left without making one damn purchase. A&F you could smell all the way up the mall from where the store stood the stink from that cologne they sprayed everywhere was that strong. I still have never set foot inside.

Anyway, with that I think I pretty much covered my thoughts on the thing. Did it NEED to be an hour and 45 minutes long? Probably not. He could have broken all that down and had plenty of content to go on for awhile.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

P.S.

RosaBelle, I'm giving you props for your avvie of Julia with a knife. It is everything. :love2:

Back to your regularly scheduled Shane Dawson thread. :D

KidsSeeGhosts
Lurker
Lurker

Post by KidsSeeGhosts »

Watched this new video yesterday because I had the afternoon off from work. I basically wasted two hours of my free time.
I don't get why he had to make this video 1hr45mins long, it was all over the place and not interesting at all (to me at least).
The fires bit was extremely disrespectful and honestly? Useless. I don't even get what he thought was interesting about a conspiracy that involved so much tragedy. It was insulting to whoever suffered trough it.

I liked Morgan's video better because it was FUNNY. Was it deep? No. Was it entertaining? Yes.
I don't care about his supposed "deep" videos. He isn't able to film/edit/plan anything with any kind of substance to it. I LOVED the ship videos he made. That's what he should try to recreate, non the umpteenth video on Disney's frozen corpse.

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

Feels like it took me 3 years to get through the new video. I haven't followed this thread or Shane over all that much over the past few months. I haven't felt inclined to. I used to get something out of watching him, even in Ryland and Morgan's videos, but I'm honestly past that.

I've never liked his conspiracy series. I like learning about conspiracy theories over all, in a very distant way. I don't take them at face value and I don't like the fear mongering.

The part that struck me the most while watching Shane's video was the part about commercials and marketing strategies. That part was just Shane explaining how marketing works in a very basic way, but to the backing track of scary music with unnecessary clips.

Shane, were you born yesterday? I don't know what kind of repressed intellectual state he's been in to be surprised about this. Yes, retail and grocery stores use tactics in order to make a profit. Yes, they use whatever is popular to sell more. It's not manipulation. It's how a business survives. I don't know but I really felt like I was surrounded by crazy people watching that.

He KNOWS this is how it works. He knows that in order to sell, you market it towards a certain demographic. Shane himself has prided himself on knowing how YouTube works for years. He's been saying that he knows what the YouTube audience wants. He's made series where he helps creators get back on his feet. Graveyard Girl series? Practically a break down of what catches and keeps attention on YouTube over time: "Is this thumbnail clickable?", "Are your videos suitable for the 2018 audience?" - Shane, please. You know how marketing works.

For example, he has said that his audience are "depressed, unpopular teens from low income families". Cue self depreciating jokes, constantly saying he doesn't have friends and doesn't want to leave the house, wholesome family content, and claiming to feel bad about promoting his merchandise because he knows it's not affordable to all. This is marketing, Shane.

What did Shane do when friend groups got popular on YouTube? He created a close circle of youtubers to make content with.

What did Shane do when buzzfeed content was popular? He tried every food and product known to man.

What did Shane do when fandoms and shipping were popular? He watched videos of popular bands and youtubers. He made several videos with Joey Graceffa that had sexual undertones.

This isn't manipulation, Shane. And it's exactly what other businesses use in order to gain customers. It's fucking embarrassing to watch a 30 year old man with a sizeable audience claim to be shocked and appalled by the fact that shops want customers to spend money. That they don't care about their customer's wallets as long as that money goes into their pockets.

He credited J* and Jake Paul on the empires they've built, and how clever (in his opinion) they've been about it. This means he's well aware of what it takes and how much money there is in YouTube.

YOU are a business, Shane. You use the same type of strategies to garner attention. Again, there's nothing wrong with it! It's just how things work. Do you know why businesses make funnies on twitter nowadays? Because that gives them attention. That puts them in people's heads.

I'm so sick of seeing lazy content like this. How the fuck does he not see through it himself? I've always given him the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think he realises this. He's just a stupid man child who promotes fear mongering and questionable characters.

The only thing that was worth being included in the part about marketing etc is the discrimination. How looks, ethnicity, and weight often plays a part in who gets hired. That is something that's actually important, not to mention illegal. It's worth the viewers' time to learn about it if they don't already know about it. But putting that next to such stupid claims as "grocery stores manipulate you by moving the eggs every so often to make you walk around more" makes it look bad.

So congratulations, Shane, you put actual important discussions next to all of that stupid shit that discredits you as a serious creator.

kittensaurus
Stalker
Stalker

Post by kittensaurus »

Maybe this was covered earlier and I didn't see it but I finally got around to clicking on his video (haven't brought myself to watch it yet) and all the top comments are about a YouTube "mistake" that demonetized his videos for like 14 hours? What's that about?

orangetasticgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by orangetasticgirl »

kittensaurus wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:36 am
Maybe this was covered earlier and I didn't see it but I finally got around to clicking on his video (haven't brought myself to watch it yet) and all the top comments are about a YouTube "mistake" that demonetized his videos for like 14 hours? What's that about?
I watched Phil's segment on that; apparently they demonetized the video by accident because he included a clip of the birdbox challenge

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

kittensaurus wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:36 am
Yeah, as stated just above, it was because of the "Bird Box challenge" clip included in there. You Tube saw it as "promoting harmful actions blah blah" and demonetized it. It was rectified a few hours later, but still.

Weird though, because I NEVER received a notification when the video went live. I'm subscribed and notifications are on, so I still should have gotten one. Hmm.....

littlegarose
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by littlegarose »

did you guys see this?

candlequitter
Debater
Debater

Post by candlequitter »

littlegarose wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:45 am
did you guys see this?
prayer circle for Maria Kane's safety. Sis doing the good work.

Post by Guest »

Hippo wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:31 am
Well he's managed to make a mess for himself on Twitter again. Some alt-right propagandist tweeted him and Shane replied with an added 'luv ur stuff.'

https://twitter.com/shanedawson/status/ ... 65728?s=20
I'm done with him. This is the last straw. Should have been done with him a long time ago and I'm ashamed that I didn't unsubscribe much sooner. He loves the the stuff that guy puts out- that guy is Alex Jones protege! Paul Joseph Watson was behind all the conspiracy theories about Sandy Hook, the Virginia Tech shooting, Obama's birthday certificate stuff, 9/11, etc. He wrote an article asking why all feminists were fat & ugly, made a video about Hillary Clinton's mental state. He is Islamophobic and spreads so much hate about Muslims. And Shane responds to the criticism just by saying 'he's not political, I just likes conspiracy theories'. A shrug of the shoulders. Shane's apathy to that type of stuff is disgusting & he is not someone I can support even a little bit. God i'm so mad he's the biggest thing going on YouTube right now.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

^ Does Shane actually realize this, or is he just saying that talking out his ass? Because, yeah, NOT a good look.

Return to “Shane Dawson”