The Irresponsible Mind of Shane Dawson - Part 16

MissMina
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: The Irresponsible Mind of Shane Dawson - Part 16

Post by MissMina »

AlexVause wrote:Also, I'm ready for that Katie Morton thread, I have a few things to say about that "therapist".
Please make or someone make the thread about her! I don't have much to say about it, I just want to read all the goss :rofl:

toniiscool
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by toniiscool »

Part of me wants to think that if Shane went back to his more casual and fun videos i’d be excited about it, but at the same time even little parts of him being his natural joking self again that make their way into the Jake series or even in parts of like Rylands videos, no longer do anything for me. He’s really made it super apparent how shitty of a person he truly is that even him reverting back to what made me love watching him isn’t enough to see him as light hearted and funny anymore
:tu:

bitchyandfrench
Informer
Informer

Post by bitchyandfrench »

Heylisten wrote:
bitchyandfrench wrote:
Heylisten wrote:You guys need to watch the last 2 minutes of Ryland new video.
Shane is so fucken creepy. He looked turned and "into" ryland dressed up as jojo. .. you know dressed as a little girl. Wtf!!! He kept rubbing on Ryland skirt which is actually from Jojos closet... :?
FAM!

I am so glad you mentioned this. shane is honestly so creepy if you really look at it. I remember back in 2011 when he was doing vlogging and he went into a Claire's store with his then gf Nadine and he started to make sexual jokes about the preteen models on the claires advertisements.. I have dark humour, but what the actual fuck? thats not even funny, straight up disgusting.

After the jojo obsession, onion boy calling out shane for being pedo and this... shane is creepy.

He always makes jokes about being into underage girls. The worst thing is hes not a comedian. And even when comedians say it i still dont support them. There's always truth behind a joke.
I've never heard him mention being into something as much as he always mentions being into little girls. But the way he got "excited" to see Ryland dressed as jojo was nasty and the way he kept rubbing him after showed he wasn't kidding. The fact that's hes obsessed with Jojo made it creepier
Real Dan Schneider vibes.
Yeah! I heard this phrase that humour is usually anger with makeup on.. he is passive aggressive and creepy. and most jokes are funny BECAUSE they have a hint of truth to them, you are correct. :?
All my professors think I'm taking vigorous notes, but I'm really just on guru gossip :HK: :love2:

NocteRegem
Talker
Talker

Post by NocteRegem »

Grav3yardgirl is losing thousands of subscribers a day again, her videos are getting very few views again...

Any chance Shane will address the fact that he actually did nothing for her and only exploited her for his saviour complex? No? ok...
Now I'm in the ring and I'm coming for blood

bitchyandfrench
Informer
Informer

Post by bitchyandfrench »

Heylisten wrote:Just remembered the spooky boys! I hope drew is doing well. Im surprised we haven't seen Garrett so far in any of the videos!! I guess I'll have to stick to watching buzzfeed unsolved
saame! my mind completely shut them out. The Spooky Boys was the only good thing shane had. Garrett and Drew together are absolutely hysterical, such geniune souls :tu: :love2: and I even find shane likeable when he's with them, which is surprising. I couldn't watch the spooky boys without laughing my ass off.

I've noticed a direct correlation on how Shane changes via who he is with. When we was closer with Drew he was more clever, humble and easy going. Being around primadonnas Jake Paul, Ryland and J* has made him irritable, haughty and entitled.

Anyone else see this????!!
All my professors think I'm taking vigorous notes, but I'm really just on guru gossip :HK: :love2:

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

NocteRegem wrote:Grav3yardgirl is losing thousands of subscribers a day again, her videos are getting very few views again...

Any chance Shane will address the fact that he actually did nothing for her and only exploited her for his saviour complex? No? ok...
It's not like she's done anything to help herself. She still does the same old videos.

darkkheartt
Talker
Talker

Post by darkkheartt »

Happy_one wrote:
pious wrote:
NocteRegem wrote:Grav3yardgirl is losing thousands of subscribers a day again, her videos are getting very few views again...

It's not like she's done anything to help herself. She still does the same old videos.
But I also felt like he exploited her for views.
I agree with both of you. Bunny was like Shane's first pancake that he fucked up and threw away for better exploits.

Not that he fucked her up but I mean more in terms of his videos with her. They were boring and just led to him doing the same thing but with more interesting people.

He's not a very loyal person. He basically uses people for views under the guise of helping them and then forgets about them just as quickly.

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

Genuinely curious to see if Shane is gonna revisit the 'sociopath' angle in these last 2 eps. I think he realized it really was a bad idea & that might be why this series suddenly went haywire with absolutely zero direction. Especially with the re-edits, the re-filming, abandoning his interviews with Jake's Mom & Dad, etc. He didn't even add scary music in this last one or flash random symptoms over Jake's face when he said something questionable.

Creative & writing wise, Shane has 100% failed this series harder than I imagined.
:horny: :halo:

Skyr
Debater
Debater

Post by Skyr »

CrystallineKitty wrote:
I think he tries way too hard to be their friend when he does the actual interviewing. Like one of the things they try to drill into you is not try to be buddy buddy with your talents (talents just mean people you are interviewing, not an indication of whether person is talented or not).

I am just saying there is a good chance that Shane does think he is being harsh or asking all the right questions in the moment, There have many instances where I forgot to ask certain questions in an interview or I completely fucked up the delivery of a question because of nerves. Honestly it's really intense interviewing people because you're always scared about how they will react to questions, or how they will behave towards you.

Interviews are half preparation and half performance. You can be adequately prepared but still fuck up the performance because talents often don't respond to questions properly or they seize control of the interview. That is the other mistake Shane makes. He gives his talents way too much freedom. I think Shane's mental process is, "Oh I will interview anyone who will talk to me" which is a mistake because Alissa or Jake's dad not wanting to speak to him is still not an excuse for an unbalanced story. I also believe Shane is purposely using footage to go with what his talent is saying instead of utilising it as evidence to work with.

It's just that as a Journalism student I have an idea of what Shane was probably attempting to do because I and many students in my class made these mistakes , how he got it wrong and how he can do it better. Journalistic style videos are so different from your average short film or YouTube video. Completely different theoretical concepts. Shane is mixing up the idea of telling a story like you would in a movie than if you were in a documentary or TV package.

I mean sure Shane wants to be on Jake's good side but at the same time I think a lot of it is ignorance. However, for sure, it is still his ethical and moral responsibility to not be doing this because he is not trained for it. Even experienced Journalists fuck up all the time and that is why we have chief of staffs and editors to monitor what we do before it is published.

I think in Shane's minds he is just making YouTube videos for entertainment. What he doesn't realise is that he is attempting journalism and that people are relying on him for the truth. I feel like he needs a huge wake up call so he can understand what he is doing.

Just to make it clear, I also completely agree and think that his recent surge in popularity and all the sponsorship have gone to his head. He needs to come down.
But Shanes interviewing skills (or rather lack thereof) isn't the problem. I know people point out how bad he is at it here, but the poor interviews aren't the reason people are pissed. It's his attitude. It's his complete lack of self awareness and inability to take criticism and his very immature and unprofessional behaviour on social media. All of that combined with the fact that he isn't even doing a good job at this 'documentary' is the problem.
I think we could all understand and forgive some methodological mistakes if Shane wasn't acting like a straight up jerk. It's one thing to be bad at interviewing but it's a whole other thing to be bad at interviewing while assuming you are award-worthy good at it. We know he's not a journalist - I just don't think HE knows it too.
- english is not my first language -

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

He should do a series on why the British youtubers have fallen into such irrelevancy, I would watch that series because I used to actually care about them (when I was about 15) and it wouldn't require Shane to act like such a fucking all knowing film maker/life evaluater.

graceysghost
Informer
Informer

Post by graceysghost »

darkkheartt wrote:
Happy_one wrote:
pious wrote:

But I also felt like he exploited her for views.
I agree with both of you. Bunny was like Shane's first pancake that he fucked up and threw away for better exploits.

Not that he fucked her up but I mean more in terms of his videos with her. They were boring and just led to him doing the same thing but with more interesting people.

He's not a very loyal person. He basically uses people for views under the guise of helping them and then forgets about them just as quickly.
Lol why does everyone keep painting Bunny as some angel baby who got exploited? She WANTED to do it, and it's been said more than once that she had contacted him about doing a collab to begin with. He probably spit-balled the idea to her and she prob loved it because it painted her as a poor victim. There was no exploitation involved. Bunny likes being a victim. She LOVES being a victim. Saying Shane exploited her for views is absolute nonsense at this point.

She's probably the main reason Shane has been on this recent kick of these types of videos...

hlemonfull
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hlemonfull »

Heads up guys, according to twitter superfans, it's "mean and cruel" not to vote Shane for a streamy content creator of the year.

pancakeman
Talker
Talker

Post by pancakeman »

I don't think the Bunny thing was so much about exploiting her, rather that he has such a large ego that he thinks he has everything figured out and is equipped to help. And while Shane's series and advice were ham-fisted, I also don't think he's to blame for her ongoing issues. Her videos just aren't that interesting.

graceysghost
Informer
Informer

Post by graceysghost »

pancakeman wrote:I don't think the Bunny thing was so much about exploiting her, rather that he has such a large ego that he thinks he has everything figured out and is equipped to help. And while Shane's series and advice were ham-fisted, I also don't think he's to blame for her ongoing issues. Her videos just aren't that interesting.
He does have some (minute, but some) credibility in giving advice on how to keep your YT channel going. He’s one of the longest running channels and still sees a lot of success. Bunny had a blip of success and now she’s tanking.
His delivery of advice sucked (at least what we saw on the video), but I’ll give him credit where credit is due. He’s doing something right to have a lucrative career all these years later simply for posting videos on the internet.

Bunny didn’t fully understand the advice he gave her imo. He was really trying to say that she shouldn’t be hiding her wealth (which has backfired and was the bad advice), and she needs to go back to her roots with supernatural stuff that drew people in (which was what she needed to do and has failed). He also told her to drop the persona of this ~wAcKy~ girl, which...she still hasn’t done either.
Some of the advice was solid but she’s just dumb. He handed her viewers on a silver platter and she can’t retain them.

monak
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by monak »

There's little hope for Bunny's boring ass channel.

greenfaerie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by greenfaerie »

Wow, it’s literally been a month since Garrett uploaded the first part of his house organizing video. I was stupidly hoping we’d get the reveal that same week, at least expected it the next, but damn.. What else is he doing? Since we got “previews” at the end it seemed like it’s all edited and was good to go. I wonder if there was a reason it’s been shelved so long? When Shane showed up it made it seem like some “intervention” was coming (funny coming from Shane who clearly has a healthy grasp on adulting) curious if savior Dawson put it on hold or if Garrett is truly that lazy/distracted. Not sure if it’s because he can’t stay focused or maybe he just isn’t interested in YT anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

greenfaerie wrote:Wow, it’s literally been a month since Garrett uploaded the first part of his house organizing video. I was stupidly hoping we’d get the reveal that same week, at least expected it the next, but damn.. What else is he doing? Since we got “previews” at the end it seemed like it’s all edited and was good to go. I wonder if there was a reason it’s been shelved so long? When Shane showed up it made it seem like some “intervention” was coming (funny coming from Shane who clearly has a healthy grasp on adulting) curious if savior Dawson put it on hold or if Garrett is truly that lazy/distracted. Not sure if it’s because he can’t stay focused or maybe he just isn’t interested in YT anymore.

He tweeted last weekend that it was going up on Tuesday and then Tuesday he had a "computer malfunction" and had to "go to the Apple store" where he ended up losing " hours of editing. "

I'm also wondering if that ridiculous delay is more than just typical Garrett procrastination. Maybe Dr. Dawson went all armchair psychologist there too and he had to redo everything after the controversy on Shane's channel.

At least I hope it's that because while I adore Garrett anything else is just unacceptable at this point.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

Hippo wrote:
greenfaerie wrote:Wow, it’s literally been a month since Garrett uploaded the first part of his house organizing video. I was stupidly hoping we’d get the reveal that same week, at least expected it the next, but damn.. What else is he doing? Since we got “previews” at the end it seemed like it’s all edited and was good to go. I wonder if there was a reason it’s been shelved so long? When Shane showed up it made it seem like some “intervention” was coming (funny coming from Shane who clearly has a healthy grasp on adulting) curious if savior Dawson put it on hold or if Garrett is truly that lazy/distracted. Not sure if it’s because he can’t stay focused or maybe he just isn’t interested in YT anymore.

He tweeted last weekend that it was going up on Tuesday and then Tuesday he had a "computer malfunction" and had to "go to the Apple store" where he ended up losing " hours of editing. "

I'm also wondering if that ridiculous delay is more than just typical Garrett procrastination. Maybe Dr. Dawson went all armchair psychologist there too and he had to redo everything after the controversy on Shane's channel.

At least I hope it's that because while I adore Garrett anything else is just unacceptable at this point.

Funny how the people who are bad at keeping to their upload schedule have more technical issues than any other lol

Learner
Learner

Post by 133247 »

Hippo wrote:

Yeah it makes sense that he would have to re-edit especially when the next video was set up to be an intervention. Because of course it wouldn't just be laziness and procrastination with Shane, it would have to be something serious and dramatic. I wouldn't be surprised if Shane was giving him mental health advice, or worse yet diagnosing him with depression and anxiety. So just the worst timing. Maybe the lost footage is an excuse to not continue the intervention narrative. Just a thought.

mazz
Learner
Learner

Post by mazz »

off topic but i've been watching shane's old conspiracy theory vids and they're literally all so dumb. he always talks about "falling the down the hole" but really he means reading the first three google results for whatever he's researching lmao so many of his theories have already been disproved. and people believe him too, i still can't believe how many people were saying they believe the earth is flat after one of his dumb conspiracy theory vids. i also freaking HATE that weird whispery voice he does in them. i like shane in videos when he's not putting on an act, which is why i love when trisha uploads vids with him but sadly he's almost always putting on an act

Return to “Shane Dawson”