Shane Dawson: The “Poorest” Rich Man (Part 15)

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson: The “Poorest” Rich Man (Part 15)

Post by bloopz »

Wtf Shane. You can't play pretend you're a psychologists for 80 minutes straight & then put tiny disclaimers "umm but don't do what I'm doing ok hehe" when you know these kids will follow your every move. Hell, you had a mob of 14yrs thinking they're flat earthers & now they're diagnosing everyone & leaving hateful comments on the video you included in your video of the girl talking about her life with ASPD. Directly address your shitty minions.
:horny: :halo:

abrahamlincoln
Debater
Debater

Post by abrahamlincoln »

Wow that's low shane. He has no remorse for this and doesn't want to admit he's wrong... could he be a sociopath?!?!? (Sarcasm yall Im not going to diagnose anyone).

Really, I was trying to give it a chance, but after these two... 8 really is a stretch. And it's terrible and slow. I really wish these kinds of comments would get to him as a positive way to change for the future and improve his content, but he can't take the criticism. Part 2 was just bad and I don't feel those chills, Shane. I do want to know about his family life and the creepy dad, but I don't think I can watch part 3. IDK yall.

On another (random) note (maybe it'll make you guys feel better?), I was showing my BF this video because I was cracking up thinking about it... turns out it's logan paul. I thought I had never seen any of their videos. Enjoy:

Post by Guest »

I think the biggest difference between David Dobrik and Jake is that David isn't mean spirited and that he actually seems to be genuine friends with most of the people in his vlog, whereas Jake does seem mean spirited and just uses the people in his vlogs as props.

imoverit96
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by imoverit96 »

It won’t matter, but I finally unsubbed yesterday. I’ve disliked his content since he stopped his daily videos, save for a couple like Tana or J*, but his lack of consistency, his over the top whining about editing, and now no videos since J*, which was filmed a few months prior to the release, and we get 8 parts about a Paul brother? Released over a month? Goodbye, Shane. I’m done with you filming one day every 4 months and then complaining about how hard you work, when your content is 90% annoying filler of you going “OMGOMGOMG” and Andrew’s infuriating giggles.

YouCantMakeMe
Learner
Learner

Post by YouCantMakeMe »

Apparently Shane read 2 whole books on the subject. He's clearly an expert now guys :roll: :roll: gag me

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

I find this entire situation so morally repugnant that I really do hope it blows up in his face.

You cannot start out a video series slinging around the word sociopath and not expect backlash. How dare he think that putting a disclaimer is good enough to cover any fall out of the situation. This piece of shit, the man child, thinks that because he has read two books on the topic and has talked to his YouTube therapist friend (who by the way has a book coming out in December, guys! She pimped it as soon as the video was over!) he is an expert on the topic.

How many children will go to school tomorrow and tell a teach that they are a sociopath or accuse a friend of being a sociopath? How many people out there with a legitimate mental illness will feel the sting of being thought of as crazy or gross or abnormal or scary? Flip the disorder, Shane. Is being depressed gross? Does being autistic make you scary? What he is doing is straight up fear mongering. He is an exploiter, no matter how you cut it. This bullshit about being an empath is a laugh. YOU EXPLOIT PEOPLE FOR VIEWS, SHANE. That's what you do. Having a mental illness doesn't make you scary or weird. It only makes you scary or weird if you're using these words as an excuse to get more views.

He needs to think long and hard about how he's going to continue. He obviously doesn't give a shit as alluded to in his latest tweets. How did he feel when he was accused of being a pedophile. Everyone remember how pissed he got about that? He's going to accuse people of having a mental illness (whether real or not) and he sees nothing wrong with it. As long as it's not happening to him, he doesn't care. If he wants to look at a true narcissist, he only need look in the mirror.

michellemarie__
Lurker
Lurker

Post by michellemarie__ »

came here to vent out my feelings a little bit but i’m seriously so tired of seeing everyone self diagnosing and @ing that psychologist lady or whatever she is asking her all these questions and for advice as if her responses about a mental illness wasn’t horrific. i hate that shane sees himself as the jesus of youtube now and that he has the power to “save” people. i hate that he chose to do a video on the paul brothers instead of someone who is actually worth making a video on (like someone of color maybe....) and i just hate how delusional his fans are. i think im gonna unsub and unfollow him everywhere now. really sad that it’s come to this. i actually really liked him but now he’s really pissing me off. all the attention his “docuseries” style videos have gotten him has really gotten to his head.

feelingsareforchumps
Learner
Learner

Post by feelingsareforchumps »

so I haven't watched part 2 yet (and I'm honestly not sure I feel comfortable continuing to give him any views) but Shane going on twitter and talking about how he knows he can't diagnose anyone over the internet and that this video is just to raise awareness or whatever is just... some of the weakest shit I've ever seen.

I'm all for raising awareness, but a.) judging by the recaps on here, the video didn't accomplish anything except continuing the stigma that mentally ill people are scary and dangerous, and b.) if this were REALLY about raising awareness, then it would have been part of a whole other fucking series. Like you can't include a video about ASPD in a series about a specific person and claim you aren't trying to imply something there. This is so infuriating.

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

this series is just making me angry. I can't help but feel with part 2 and this woman practically painting people with mental illnesses as violent people it's going to add to the stigma already surrounding those with mental illness. she's a "professional" yet reading word for word out of a book what a sociopath is. also, Andrew is starting to make a small thing seems ~sO cRaZy~ a 20 something year old wearing a sheet mask and lip syncing is the most haunting thing you've ever seen. ok Andrew :roll:
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

exposer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by exposer »

Seriously the way they talk about sociopaths/psychopaths is incredibly misleading. Sociopaths can feel emotions. They find things funny, enjoyable and like different kinds of food. They can also feel sadness in some ways.

MOST psychotherapists and psychologists can't spot psychopaths and sociopaths because they're able to manipulate the therapist into believing they are a lovely person! This sensationalized trash isn't cool to put in front of millions of viewers.

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

CrystallineKitty wrote:^
Plus he also works on other people's channels so I don't think his channel is the only work he does. But I do think he definitely had enough free to film other stuff for sure.
He doesn't "work" on other people's channels. He uses Ryland, Morgan, and Garrett's channels to guinea pig his ideas and tells them what to do.

petal_
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by petal_ »

It breaks my heart to see how many people with ASPD are hurt over this series, and can't even express that without his stans jumping down their throats. His iPhone notes "disclaimers" don't mean anything when the entire video shows him behaving in a really ignorant way, and in addition to that some of his casual viewers won't ever see the disclaimers because they don't follow him on other social media.

Really embarrassing to see that licensed therapist act like that too, but I guess people will do anything for even a fraction of Shane's current popularity. Congrats on losing your credibility and the respect of the adults who found comfort in your videos, Kati. 12 year olds have really short attention spans, and they don't have the credit cards to preorder your book.

sceptres
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sceptres »

feelingsareforchumps wrote:so I haven't watched part 2 yet (and I'm honestly not sure I feel comfortable continuing to give him any views)
Seriously don't even watch, it's incredibly stupid. It's basically Shane with a therapist and they both explain what a sociopath is for 40min straight. It's so stupid and pointless, total waste of time. The series hasn't started yet imo

okay-sis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by okay-sis »

Directly tweeted him this time.

[tweet][/tweet]

I just can't with people defending him and finding this series entertaining.

surgeryhugs
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by surgeryhugs »

sis you're 30 years old and can't take any criticism at all? maybe he's the one that should finally seek some counseling.

brokenheartxd
Talker
Talker

Post by brokenheartxd »

sisinikkole wrote:Andrew is starting to make a small thing seems ~sO cRaZy~
Andrew's starting to seem dumber by the minute. His vocabulary is limited to "oh wow" and "that's crazy" ft. crazy hyena cackle

I dunno why, but that half whisper half talking thing Andrew does REALLY hits my eardrums the wrong way, he just needs to not talk.

ALSO, I want to reach through my screen when Shane pauses for like multiple seconds, pretending to "process what he just heard", cause it just makes him look fucking dumb.

shortcake1111
Informer
Informer

Post by shortcake1111 »

Gee, you're right, Shane! You ARE a hero! You're not trying to bank off of mental health issues, you're not using whatever Jake Paul's issues are to justify shilling $$$BetterHelp$$$, you're not trying to chase the title of Netflix-worthy creator! You're just "spreading awareness!" To save us all, to protect us from evil! Because you CARE! <3 <3 <3

Ugh sorry for swooning so hard guys he's just so inspirational :love2: I'm off to go set my psych degrees on fire now, I didn't realize I could have just watched a 40-minute Shane Dawson video instead of going to school and interning... all of those years, all that money wasted...

[disengage salt mode sorry can you tell I'm annoyed]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brokenheartxd
Talker
Talker

Post by brokenheartxd »

[tweet][/tweet]

Shane really doesn't get it...

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

Hooo boy that tweet where Shane claims he "read two books about it" really shows what he thinks research is.

You would think Shane has made enough mistakes throughout his career to know that if there's a mass amount of people telling him he's wrong, he usually is. And that prolonging change / acknowledgement of it will only make things worse in the long run.

He seriously thinks that there's that many people running around being evil cartoon villains with no remorse that there needs to be a public PSA about it. Jesus CHRIST he's embarrassing himself. No doubt, he'll look back on this and cringe in a few years time.

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

[tweet][/tweet]

what he should be saying is that he didn't INTEND to insinuate that. But then he repeats his previous claims so he really doesn't get it.

Return to “Shane Dawson”