Shane Dawson: The “Poorest” Rich Man (Part 15)

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson: The “Poorest” Rich Man (Part 15)

Post by Hippo »

greenfaerie wrote:One thing I’m confused about that Phil Defranco hinted at/pointed out is the “hidden” cameras. Isn’t being filmed without consent illegal in California? Isn’t that exactly what whatever Paul brother did to Post Malone (filmed his house without his knowledge and had to go back and edit the footage)? I’m not 100% on the laws but if that’s the case any “hidden” cameras or whatever the “series will be that jake might not except” all seems pure bullshit. Idk can’t see Jake signing off on anything or Shane trying to pull some fast one cause the Paul’s don’t seem the type who would not file a lawsuit of whatever petty kind. Same with the J*, Bunny, & Kathy series, I feel they all had an opportunity to see/approve the final footage before it was released (since each series seemed “delayed” I feel each person had something they wanted edited and are all too private to just let Shane show whatever footage of their homes/lives he caught)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's illegal to film someone without their awareness in California. That don't have to necesarily consent to it as long as they know they're being recorded/filmed.

badmorning
Learner
Learner

Post by badmorning »

bloopz wrote:Reminder: he usually posts at 12pm West coast time.
He just tweeted "see u in 9 hours" at 3a his time, so you are correct! :) I'm excited because I need some background noise to get me through this 12 hour workday. We'll see how this pans out, not long now... I'm sure the finale won't be out for another month of course.

abrahamlincoln
Debater
Debater

Post by abrahamlincoln »

I will say this, as problematic as I find Jake Paul... Shane (or Andrew or whoever is editing) really know how to draw people in. I hate the paul brothers, but I'm mildly interested in what Shane plans on doing with all of this business.

I'll also have it on as background noise. I work from home and procrastinate hard like Garrett. TBH I hate working from home, but at least I can put the TV on and continue not working.

Sunnylove
Talker
Talker

Post by Sunnylove »

I’m not interested at all. I’ve never watched their videos thank god, except for a video made by someone who took all of the parts from his japan video where he was so rude and disrespectful to the people there.
I’m so over Shane.

abrahamlincoln
Debater
Debater

Post by abrahamlincoln »

Sunnylove wrote:I’m not interested at all. I’ve never watched their videos thank god, except for a video made by someone who took all of the parts from his japan video where he was so rude and disrespectful to the people there.
I’m so over Shane.

Lol wait isn't that logan paul? They're basically the same person.

grassalwaysgreener
Lurker
Lurker

Post by grassalwaysgreener »

So I am a Shane fan. I hate this stan culture where you can’t even question a youtuber without being ganged up on. I really liked his videos when he uploaded daily. I wasn’t into the food videos but the rest was funny to me. Comedy is subjective and I liked it.

I understand he wasn’t happy but now talking about how much he hates those videos makes me feel weird. Does he think it’s bad his fans enjoyed those videos when he hated them so much?

And since he “changed” his content he started acting like an expert on all things YT when in reality it took him 10 years to get this big.

I like his new series usually but it’s his guest stars that really make he content noteworthy, not him. Molly’s series was amazing because she was amazing and all his parts ruined it for me. Same with Jeffree. I understand a lot of people hate him but I at least felt he was being genuine in his series but Shane kept overreacting and exaggerating J’s character to the point where J seemed annoyed. I loved his Bunny series (mostly pre-actual bunny episodes) but his “squad” makes a lot of his content funny when he just sort of cracks the same jokes over and over again, a lot of times at their expense. I know a lot of you don’t like Ryland but I do and I feel like Shane is rude to him. It’s getting harder to ignore his misogyny and talking over people and repeat content. He seems to only have three emotions: silent shock, repeating omg, and I haven’t washed in 60 years.

The JP series is going to be a train wreck I can already feel it. Hyping something up so much has never worked for youtubers (tanacon, fousycon, hfft x tea spill).

So many people hate Jp (with good reason), if Shane doesn’t start from the very first episode being critical and making real points from start to finish he is going to crash and burn. People already got annoyed by the Tanacon series, he’s not going to get away with it twice.

I imagine the series will not actually do much or say much that hasn’t already been covered in a shorter amount of time and more thoroughly.

Episode 1 Prediction:
~haunting music~
~a 2 min recap of his previous series~
~a 3 min recap of his trailers to rehype again~
~cue Shane sitting on the floor of his bedroom in a black shirt~
~huge sigh, maybe a handclap~
~sO guys~
~it’s been so long since my last video, I have been working non stop editing for the last month... this series changed me, I had no idea where it would take me~
~cut to him and Ryland in the kitchen (Shane drinking diet soda)~
~insults Garrett, Garrett walks into house~
~tells crew squad his great plan, everyone warns him, decides to do it anyway~
~he says JP can’t be that bad and LP is actually the bad guy for dead body video, everyone disagrees~
~cut to him googling LP for 10 minutes~
~wow so much worse than I thought maybe this is why people don’t like him hmm~
~5 min trailer for next part with suspenseful music ending with Shane exclaiming something to make t a cliffhanger~
~part 2 coming 10.2.18~

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

It's up.

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

His exaggerating started immediately.

*Jake Paul texts him again*
Shane: OMG :o
Jake: "I saw what people are saying & don't want this series to hurt you, if there's anyway we can avoid that, that'd be good"
Shane: That was cRaZy Right? Omg :o

______

Also we predicted the series correctly. He is going to try to diagnose Jake Paul with a severe personality disorder. He's gonna consult a therapist even though the only way for a someone to fully know if someone has a mental illness is to talk to them directly, analyze them, etc. This is so irresponsible.
Last edited by bloopz on Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:horny: :halo:

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

Ten minutes in and he keeps throwing around the word sociopath. DON'T SELF DIAGNOSE PEOPLE!

cunterella
Learner
Learner

Post by cunterella »

Can someone recap the video please? I can't even hate-watch at this point.

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

Did I hear correctly? The therapist he's going to talk to is a Youtuber. I can't handle this.

ludirudi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ludirudi »

Feels like I just watched a ton of it already (12:00 in) and it's barely gotten into anything aside from Shane diagnosing someone and endlessly yapping.

Wait, wtf - the 'therapist' is a YTer? Am I hearing this correctly?

I mean, I get what he is doing. He is creating a 'reason' for doing this and wanted to do a doc about sociopaths anyway. But this is precisely what makes this a TERRIBLE documentary.

lucyrg9501
Debater
Debater

Post by lucyrg9501 »

do yourself a favour and watch it at double speed. it’s already as predicted, he’s pausing every 3 seconds to add to dramatics and everything is already so unbelievably crAaAAAaAazy.

sounds like he’s not even going to meet jake until part 7 and we’re gunna get 6 videos of him dragging everything out by talking to everybody but jake and diagnosing him with a serious mental illness

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

I'll only be reading the commentary here, but I have my fingers crossed that armchair psychology and Jake Paul will be the unholy combination that ruins him. <3

INFJWill
Lurker
Lurker

Post by INFJWill »

This video is irresponsible and ill-informed! Shane has no right to diagnose anybody with a mental disorder. And if Jake really is mentally ill, Shane's even more scummy for exploiting him for views. Shane's ego has gotten way to be big and I'm kinda hoping the "Paulers" come after him. And worst of all the video was boring...

bloopz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bloopz »

Recap:

--Shane claims he was originally going to make a video on sociopaths. Says he decided to make it about Jake Paul later. There is no footage of him making the supposed 'sociopath' series.
--Shane acts shocked that Jake Paul is talking to him. They're sending voice memos back & fourth. Shane does his usual :o :o :o act
--He then goes into Jake possibly being a sociopath. Indirectly compares him to murderers by adding his clips in between actual convicted criminals & people who have killed.
--He then talks to someone who runs a drama channel. He recaps Jake Paul's past drama. From his ex girlfriend Alyssa Violet, the restaurant/bar drama that he had with Faze Banks, his irresponsible antics in his neighborhood that got him on the news, team 10 drama with past members, his fight with KSi, brings up Logan's suicide Forrest video etc etc. All stuff you knew about if you watch Drama Alert.
--Shane asks the drama channel if Jake Paul is a sociopath... as if he'd know.
--Shane asks the drama channel what questions he should ask Jake. Drama dude says to ask him if he's the same irl as he is in the videos. Shane immediately turns that question into "so yeah the sociopath thing" - dumb.
--Filler conversation. They pretend to get deep. It's laughable. Recommends he talks to Nick Crompton, this was probably fed to the drama dude to say.
--The preview for the next video is him talking to the Youtube therapist.

75% of the video is him talking to that drama channel guy. That's the whole recap.

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

Shane claims he was originally going to make a video on sociopaths. Says he decided to make it about Jake Paul later. There is no footage of him making the supposed 'sociopath' series.

That's a huge lie. Someone asked Shane if he would ever collab with Shane, he said he would totally do it, and then Jake responded saying "lets do it!". It had absolutely NOTHING to do with sociopaths. He wanted to follow Jake around and see what his life was like.

[tweet][/tweet]

Learner
Learner

Post by 133247 »

Well I'm already boiling.

"Why didn't they just leave?" not knowing shit about abuse.

"I don't think he is such a bad person"

Seriously iNabber can fuck right off.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

Okay seven minutes in and he's already calling Jake a sociopath. I'll have to agree with a comment above here, don't diagnose people!

Also I have to say that so far Andrew is being pretty chill here, nary a cackle. Let's hope that continues. *unpauses video*
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

feelingsareforchumps
Learner
Learner

Post by feelingsareforchumps »

lol can we just talk about the weirdly dramatic editing choices made during the ad read? Why the fuck did they make that part look like a conspiracy video?

anyway part 1 was just as empty as we all expected. He's been hyping this up for like a month and the big opener is just... him facetiming a relatively small drama channel? It basically just felt like a super-extended trailer

Return to “Shane Dawson”