Shane Dawson: The “Poorest” Rich Man (Part 15)

liarliar_
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson: The “Poorest” Rich Man (Part 15)

Post by liarliar_ »

All the compliments have really gone to his head. He’s trying so hard now to make these series into tv shows and it just doesn’t work. They are great YouTube videos, funny and entertaining, especially when he would do the spooky boys videos but what he’s been doing is really not a bunch of docuseries. It’s partly the viewers’ fault for boosting his ego so much and then also his for actually believing he’s a tv director or something now. I get that he wants to become big outside of YouTube but he’s honestly great at YouTube and I know YouTube/YouTube creators have a bad reputation but just like in the actual celebrity world, it’s tough to remain relevant for so many years and he’s done it. Instead of trying to go so extra and fluff up these videos I wish he’d just release them without all this drama and build up. A trailer wasn’t necessary for the Jake Paul video and the dramatic scenes aren’t necessary. Everyone loves when he’s just being genuine and naturally funny, interacting with his friends, etc. I feel like he’ll try to portray Jake as this good person and it’s gonna annoy me so much just like how he tried to make Tana look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LiddlePallid
Naughty
Naughty

Post by LiddlePallid »

This Jake Paul series seriously isn't coming until the 25th? What the fuck takes so long with MULTIPLE people editing these things? There's nothing fancy about any of it, it's just fucking vlogs.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

LiddlePallid wrote:This Jake Paul series seriously isn't coming until the 25th? What the fuck takes so long with MULTIPLE people editing these things? There's nothing fancy about any of it, it's just fucking vlogs.
The longer he can get away with posting something, the longer he can get away with not filming the next one. The longer he can get away with not filming the nest one, the longer he can complain about editing it. The longer he can complain about editing it, the longer he can get away with posting the next one.

Ect, ect, ect. That's why the gaps get longer and longer. They'll continue exponentially until his pathetic fans get tired of his bullshit.

E_8
Learner
Learner

Post by E_8 »

pcgamergirl wrote:
lalal0ve wrote: - Part one: it'll start with Shane sighing and dragging out an intro of what this video was supposed to be but it's something he's never done before, and it gets "crazy".
- Part two: Filler video, mostly consisting of Jake Paul's videos, shane will occasionally gasp and say wtf
- Part three: Shane and the crew will talk about Jake Paul
- Part Four: Shane will talk about how he thinks he's a sociopath, show more videos of Jake paul to "prove" his point
- Part Five: He'll get a handbook, read like a page and go "omg omg omg that's him"
- Part Six: They'll be like "should we do this? I'm scared" then spend the video deciding if this is a good idea or not, possibly have a "breakdown" on camera
- Part Seven: On the way to Jake's House
- Part Eight THE FINALE: Shane will finally meet Jake, they'll talk about random shit. He won't ask him any hard hitting questions or anything with substance. Jake will manipulate Shane to feel bad for him and show how much of a "good" person he is.
I GOTCHU, BOO.

- Part one: It'll be 15-18 minutes of filler. *cue dramatic intro music, jumpcuts, cliffhangers and shocked faces for 45 seconds to a minute* - Fade in on Shane, in his crybaby (serious) voice saying, "Hey what's up you guys, um... I know that a lot of you are really going to hate this, but... I dunno, I just really think it had to be done."
- Part two: Probably 25-30 minutes. Shane, Morgan, Garrett and Ryland all mull around the living room. Cheeto and Uno mosey somewhere nearby and we spend about 2 minutes hearing about their bowel movements ("Literally, actual shit.") throughout the video. Andrew cannot stop uncontrollably giggling like a manchild behind the camera. Garrett finds a way to make at least one Harry Potter joke. Shane looks annoyed. Cuts to and from the group to JP video clips, as they chat about what a shithead JP is (showing evidence of this in the clips along the way).
- Part three: 33-38 minutes. SHANE GOES DEEPER! NOW we're REALLY getting into the "meat" of Jake Paul's video antics. We'll see clips of the makeup on his assistant's neck from when she was "attacked" by Fousey. We'll see clips of the scandal where his and his brother's manager was supposedly behind the videos that "outed" Shane as a pedobear. Shane's visit to the "haunted?" Team 10 house. Basically shit we've all already seen, heard of, and are done with at this point. Cue Dido,"My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why I got outta bed at all."
- Part Four: 23-25 minutes. We're getting ready to go to Jake's house. That's it. That's ALL this video will be. Andrew's laughing. Garrett's joking. Morgan's falling. Ryland's wondering if he should wear his Gucci slides. Shane's making shocked faces as if this is the first time he's been faced with physically leaving his house and he's having an internal existential crisis about it, "Wait, what?"
- Part Five: 25-28 minutes. ROAD TRIP!!! But it's actually a 20 minute drive, cuz Shane probably lives 15 minutes away in the same gated neighborhood. First, we'll get dinner at Casa Vega because bitch, we can't do anything on an empty stomach. Varying shots of the crew in a booth, just talking about randomness as it pertains to JP. There'll probably be a scene where they stop at a gas station for snacks, for an unreasonable amount of time. Ryland will complain about how he, "No bitch, I need my Starbies!" for a solid 2/3rds of the video. Garrett will find Goldfish. Morgan will be chewing on something before they leave the store. Andrew is still cackling. Shane will act as if he's never been in a public place before, "Wait, what's happening? I don't know what's going on!"
- Part Six: 38-48 minutes. We're still in the car... but we're now on JP's street. It's dark. Why we're showing up at night, I don't know, but it just seems right. Garrett and Morgan are suddenly silent, concerned, confused. Ryland is too busy with his phone to notice. Andrew has reduced his cackling to an occasional wheeze. Shane is visibly acting out. "OH MY GOD WE'RE HERE. Okay you guys... *sighs* let's do this." We exit the car, we go up to Jake's house, his assistant answers the door and we enter the house, where we find Jake somewhere in a well ventilated, well lit room, doing something very cardio. He's wearing no shirt. Maybe he's playing basketball. Maybe "training" with a punching bag. Who knows. He doesn't have a drop of sweat on his body. "HEY GUYS!" High fives all around, Jackspedicey. "Yeah, yeah, no let me show you guys around!" We have an awkward, no pee break tour of JP's mansion. He explains how grateful he is to have his fans and how they've saved his life in some way. He's also so grateful they buy his merch and support him through everything (cue merch plug in 1... 2...). Shane finally says, "Okay, well, Jake if you don't mind, I'd love it if we could go off somewhere a little more private, hate fuck each other, and then talk about your manager trying to lowball me into looking like a pedophile."
- Part Seven: 45-55 minutes. Cue intimate conversation with Jake, probably somewhere jackassy. Like an indoor bowling alley. That's what this video is. Shane will ask questions. Jake will bullshit his way around answering them. Random video clips will be shown, showing what an asshole Jake is. Other random clips will be shown that show what awwwwww a great guy he is! Jake will force himself to tear up, probably by giving in to Shane's overwhelmingly musty stank. "You wanna go get some air?" He rubs his eyes and we roam out to a terrace where there's a lit pool. Not lit like lighted. Lit like FIYAAAA, IT'S EVERYDAY, BRO. More questions. More bullshit. "Oh my god... Oh my GOD!! Wait. What the fuck? Are you serious? Oh my god." More cliffhangers.
- Part Eight THE FINALE: 30 minutes, max. Crew get a few clips in the beginning. Garrett's touching things he shouldn't be touching, Goldfish tightly in hand. Morgan's sitting on a couch, holding a pillow. Ryland's scratching his neck, going, "I wonder how much this house cost." Andrew still maintains the wheeze, with a once in a while quip thrown in. Shane and Jake come back in and join the bored group of third wheels, and Shane and crew leave after heartfelt thank yous and well wishing. "Yeah, bro, it was good to meet you too. BUY MY MERCH!" We cut to Shane, sitting in his usual spot, wearing his usual shirt. He'll spend the next several minutes highlighting Jake's responses to several of his questions, showing video clips to back up what Jake says. We'll get a 2.5 minute final input from Shane, "So.... is Jake Paul a sociopath?..... siiiiiighs... idunno. But.... if he is.... maybe...." cue illuminati joke here. "Well. See you guys later. *kiss* Bye. *hand to camera AHHHHHHHHHHHH*". And it's over.

We all go on for a good 24-36 hours about how shit this series was. Armchair psychologists make their opinions known. Actual psychologists make their opinions known. Shane's Twitterverse 14 year old girl fans have meltdowns on every opposition Tweet possible. Shane defends himself two or three times, with monochromatic statements of insistant nonbiasness.

Meanwhile, I'll just be sitting here, in this exact place I'm sitting right now, wondering where the hell my DoorDash delivery man is, and contemplating having another Klondike Bar before his arrival. Some girls just wanna watch the world burn.
This is hands down my favorite post on this entire site :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Boots22
Learner
Learner

Post by Boots22 »

I feel as if this "series" would of been better when Jake Paul was more relevant. Like if Shane put this "series" out when Jake had Disney cancel him it would of been more entertaing yet instead I bet Shane was picking his ass on his couch with Ryland watching. Shane is always uploading trendy stuff like 6-months to a year later. For example the drama with Laura Lee and Manny that happened a few weeks ago would have been great to do a "series" on, film with both of them in a span of three days tops, edit the video in four days and then upload a week after filming in order to keep the audience engaged nd enertained. But knowing him if he actually did that concept we wouldn't see the series until Spring of 2019

greenfaerie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Shane Dawson: The “Poorest” Rich Man (Part 15)

Post by greenfaerie »

Hippo wrote:
LiddlePallid wrote:This Jake Paul series seriously isn't coming until the 25th? What the fuck takes so long with MULTIPLE people editing these things? There's nothing fancy about any of it, it's just fucking vlogs.
The longer he can get away with posting something, the longer he can get away with not filming the next one. The longer he can get away with not filming the nest one, the longer he can complain about editing it. The longer he can complain about editing it, the longer he can get away with posting the next one.

Ect, ect, ect. That's why the gaps get longer and longer. They'll continue exponentially until his pathetic fans get tired of his bullshit.
Don’t forget he also is dragging it out because he’s probably desperate to get sponsors, like he did with the Jeffree series, since it’s all about the money now days. Curious if Shane pays them to do the series with him, or the assumed positive feedback/subscriber rise is the payment? (although Shane is obviously gaining subs from their fanbases so not sure if that would be an agreed upon “payment” unless they knew they were going to be shown in a positive light to try and give these losers free “damage” control from king dawson?)

When he first started changing his content and making 2/3 parters it at least made sense because the videos had more structure and when he cut it off it was a decent cliff hanger (until it became predictable that it’d be them at his mom’s in every 3rd part) Like damn a few months ago we thought that was the most annoying thing, now we’re getting 8 part 40 minute videos of useless shit with just over dramatics that cancel out any realness there genuinely was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spillthetea109
Talker
Talker

Post by Spillthetea109 »

pcgamergirl wrote: Cue Dido,"My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why I got outta bed at all."
Omg this part killed me :rofl:

FallOut89
Informer
Informer

Post by FallOut89 »

I miss his conspiracy theory videos even if they're corny af.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I can't imagine Jake Paul saying anything of substance or at the very least honest. And the trailer? This seems so unlike him and I'm so confused. Even the Jeffree thing seemed unnecessary and melodramatic. This is plain hype and it's disappointing af.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

The series I am gagging for is in the mind of Onision just for the interaction :rofl: . Why does he need to pretend Jake doesn't know it's a documentary when that's literally all Shane does now lol

KerriT123
Talker
Talker

Post by KerriT123 »

So I checked his social blade to see if he'd lost any subscribers when announcing that Jake Paul was the subject of his videos and I was *shocked*. He gets tens of thousands of subscribers and millions of views a day! Even the past month when he's not uploading! It's really not surprising that he's so lazy. When you can do the bare minimum and still be so successful, I think most would do the same.

I really don't understand why he's making so many videos on one topic. Unless he's breaking them down, and every episode is a different YouTuber? That sounds like too much effort though. I just really don't care about him at all. All I know about him is that he's Logan Paul's brother, and all I know about him is the Japanese suicide forest thing. Is it actually confirmed that their manager is the one that released the video accusing Shane of being a pedophile? Why would Shane want to associate with people like that? I don't get it

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

I don't understand who the target demographic for this is. Like the post above, I don't know anything about the Pauls other than the suicide forest thing. I just don't think any of Shane's audience overlaps with his, so no one cares.

pcgamergirl
Learner
Learner

Post by pcgamergirl »

pious wrote:I don't understand who the target demographic for this is. Like the post above, I don't know anything about the Pauls other than the suicide forest thing. I just don't think any of Shane's audience overlaps with his, so no one cares.
Maybe like 2 years ago, when he was still doing his "tasting everything from every chain restaurant in the world" and giant cake/milkshake videos, they would've overlapped. But no, as of right now, I can't imagine any 10 year olds wanting to sit down and watch a 10 episode long mockumentary on a YouTuber.

kloakdjur
Learner
Learner

Post by kloakdjur »

omg I'm so disappointed that he's doing a Jake Paul series. I looked at some of the comments on his "trailer" on ig, and all the comments went something like "omg you can't criticize until you've seen it". fair enough I guess, but I find it soooo unlikely that Shane would criticize Jake. why would JP even agree to collab if he knew he would be portrayed badly? and how would Shane get enough footage for an eight part series, without JP in that case noticing that it would be angled in a critical way? idk, it just seems like JP is such an abusive person, I don't understand why anyone would want to collab with him. why even give him the views and attention?
English isn't my first language, sorry for any mistakes.

Nautica
Learner
Learner

Post by Nautica »

KerriT123 wrote:So I checked his social blade to see if he'd lost any subscribers when announcing that Jake Paul was the subject of his videos and I was *shocked*. He gets tens of thousands of subscribers and millions of views a day! Even the past month when he's not uploading! It's really not surprising that he's so lazy. When you can do the bare minimum and still be so successful, I think most would do the same.
And companies like Billboard tweeting about these series just adds to it. Some how this is working out really well for him. Work smarter not harder I guess. He's able to stretch things out and take as much time as he pleases and people are still flocking to him so why put in more effort if he doesn't need to

Subtlestern
Talker
Talker

Post by Subtlestern »

pious wrote:I don't understand who the target demographic for this is. Like the post above, I don't know anything about the Pauls other than the suicide forest thing. I just don't think any of Shane's audience overlaps with his, so no one cares.
Do me a favor: go to YouTube. Type Jake Paul worst nightmare. Watch the very long but entertaining and in depth deep dive into Jake Paul. (also funny is that he goes inside the mind of Jake Paul. Funny given the name of the new series.)

Subtlestern
Talker
Talker

Post by Subtlestern »

I didn't see these posted before but this tweet struck me as funny:

[tweet][/tweet]

And then this comment on Instagram:

Thoughts?

I think based on the comment that the first image isn't Shane telling people to trust he is going to handle Jake Paul well. I think it's going to be about advertising to your audience, and also how much trust creators have with their fans (hence why it is about *everyone*.)
Last edited by Subtlestern on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

joooo_booo
Learner
Learner

Post by joooo_booo »

this video will flop.. shane just doesnt know how to properly interview without making it about himself. i bet this video will end with him being like "omg me and jake are actually so alike hes like my little brother!!!"... and hes really gonna act like a psychologist??? with how overhyped this video will be i dont see how he'll ever be able to just upload a normal video ever again.

also i dont even understand how people thought it was with jojo siwa. her parents wouldnt dare let mr blackface no shower tarnish her picture perfect family friendly brand.

tinydancer
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tinydancer »

Long time lurker, first time poster (in this thread!)

Good god, I cannot even express how frustrated I am with Shane - and to be honest, I'm glad that some of his tweeny boppers are calling him out and saying they don't support this. This series I'll definitely be giving a miss. I miss the old days of conspiracy videos, or creepy videos - or even just Shane sitting down and goofing off! Hell, even when he was doing consistent 'galaxy' videos was better and had more entertainment than the current things he is producing.

I hate it because I truly liked Shane, but the continuation of these series are wearing me thin, along with the lack of a reliable upload schedule - it leaves me thinking after every (rare) upload - was this even worth the wait? :x

I wish someone would just shake him and realise the audiences critique, but unfortunately he only listens to his hardcore thirteen year old stans. :roll:

brokenheartxd
Talker
Talker

Post by brokenheartxd »

pcgamergirl wrote: Meanwhile, I'll just be sitting here, in this exact place I'm sitting right now, wondering where the hell my DoorDash delivery man is
90% of my life LOL :rofl: Seriously, what the fuck takes them so long??

Return to “Shane Dawson”