Jesus Dawson & The 4 Disciples (Part 13)

triptocaine
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jesus Dawson & The 4 Disciples (Part 13)

Post by triptocaine »

Sorry for the double post but Shane is NEVER going to make it into hollywood, especially if he keeps acting like this. The "best thing" he's ever done is his tanacon series and it was bad lmao. He thinks he's the shit because he's surrounded by yes men and minions, but his content is shit. I cant believe people are calling his tanacon videos a "docu-series", im sorry but where? He did it in 4 days, people spend MONTHS making documentaries.
Sorry for my bad english

Post by Guest »

Lmao that was it. Unsubbed. New series in August? Does he think we're all stupid?

flipflopsandsocks50
Learner
Learner

Post by flipflopsandsocks50 »

Wow we have all gotten way too good at predicting what Shane's gonna do. AUGUST?? is he for real? didn't they film in like the end of May? I'm seriously so sick of his shit and yet I still don't wanna unsub cuz I've watched him for so long :(

ZenmasterKalel
Learner
Learner

Post by ZenmasterKalel »

triptocaine wrote: Imo Shane became a youtuber and had this dream of becoming a famous director in hollywood and be someone important to the MSM. Then he made Not cool and that short movie and they got bad critics and he got frustrated and probably hates hollywood now lmao. And then he started doing his "short series" with quote unquote no sponsors and no networks and he suddenly feels like he's Nolan lmao.
I think Shane's problem is that he is very charismatic, but he's not really artistic. Now, there's nothing wrong with that! I'm not artistic either. But what it means is, that he is very intertaining to watch, and people are drawn to him. But because his goal is to be a famous and serious director, he misinterprets people's fascination with his person as appreciation for his talent. Shane's "docuseries" was not good in terms of actual documentary standards. Not one person in the film industry would think so. He makes vlogs and people are interested in them because he is an interesting person. If he just realized that, he would probably become less obnoxious. But I get that it can be hard to come to terms with not ending up achieving the things that you wanted. But he has built something great! Just maybe not something that correlates with his view of him self.

bushph
Informer
Informer

Post by bushph »

Shane is seriously so out of touch with reality. A majority of his fans begged him not to do the TanaCon series, he did it anyway. His sane fans don’t want the KG video, he’s posting it anyway.

Shane needs to realise that he isn’t Jenna Marbles. He can’t just post whatever he wants.

mizcracker

Post by mizcracker »

basic white bitch :rofl:

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

ZenmasterKalel wrote:
triptocaine wrote: Imo Shane became a youtuber and had this dream of becoming a famous director in hollywood and be someone important to the MSM. Then he made Not cool and that short movie and they got bad critics and he got frustrated and probably hates hollywood now lmao. And then he started doing his "short series" with quote unquote no sponsors and no networks and he suddenly feels like he's Nolan lmao.
I think Shane's problem is that he is very charismatic, but he's not really artistic. Now, there's nothing wrong with that! I'm not artistic either. But what it means is, that he is very intertaining to watch, and people are drawn to him. But because his goal is to be a famous and serious director, he misinterprets people's fascination with his person as appreciation for his talent. Shane's "docuseries" was not good in terms of actual documentary standards. Not one person in the film industry would think so. He makes vlogs and people are interested in them because he is an interesting person. If he just realized that, he would probably become less obnoxious. But I get that it can be hard to come to terms with not ending up achieving the things that you wanted. But he has built something great! Just maybe not something that correlates with his view of him self.
This is so true for so many YouTubers.

Alykit32
Learner
Learner

Post by Alykit32 »

Sometimes I forget how he acted on “The Chair”. He was SO moody and pouty. It’s funny, I remember one of the producers/creators of the show saying that Shane tends to over exaggerate things like drugs and parties and sex jokes, is that he’s a total introvert that never had these experiences in highschool and just assumes from movies that’s how they are.

I think it’s true that Shane gave up on Hollywood after that criticism. He went from doing creative skits and productions to challenges and food and product trying. He blames it on the fact that he was depressed and finding his sexuality at the time but I think he’s just comfortable on YouTube being idolized. He figures he will make short films he thinks are good and post them to YouTube because he knows his minions will dawn over them.

galaxy_bxtch
Learner
Learner

Post by galaxy_bxtch »

this might be so controversial but i hope james charles hangs out with them all more. At first like everyone else i hated him but now i actually think hes quite funny and i like how self made and business minded he is, i feel like shane could learn something from him

GLof2814
Stalker
Stalker

Post by GLof2814 »

Alykit32 wrote:Sometimes I forget how he acted on “The Chair”. He was SO moody and pouty. It’s funny, I remember one of the producers/creators of the show saying that Shane tends to over exaggerate things like drugs and parties and sex jokes, is that he’s a total introvert that never had these experiences in highschool and just assumes from movies that’s how they are.

I think it’s true that Shane gave up on Hollywood after that criticism. He went from doing creative skits and productions to challenges and food and product trying. He blames it on the fact that he was depressed and finding his sexuality at the time but I think he’s just comfortable on YouTube being idolized. He figures he will make short films he thinks are good and post them to YouTube because he knows his minions will dawn over them.
Hey yall, first time poster..

...just wanted to chime in and say I found this article about Zach Quinto and Shane Dawson from "The Chair"
https://www.out.com/popnography/2014/10 ... s-not-cool

“When we watched Shane’s movie yesterday, I was depressed for a couple of hours at least," says Zachary Quinto, the executive producer of Shane's movie. :rofl:

EDIT: Background on The Chair, back in 2014, SHane Dawson and Anne Martemucci are Two directors were given the same script, the same budget, and the same city, and each had to go make a feature film. Every other decision was theirs, including “final cut.” People vote for the one they like the most.
And holy crap, Shane's movie was SO bad that not only did Zach go against it, but the Executive producer of the show wanted people to vote for Martemucci's movie over Shanes.
https://www.thewrap.com/why-hollidaysbu ... uest-blog/
When the show's own producer decides he can't be neutral on this, :o
Just read the article, the producer seems really disappointed in Shane's use of the resources he is given and what he made of it versus Anne.
Last edited by GLof2814 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Classy
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Classy »

I'm completely new to this site, and I already adore it, but I apologize if I may being doing this wrong/restating something. Okay so, I have been a huge supporter of Shane- I go all the way back to like 2008. Anyone who has been a fan of his for this long knows how HATED he was by EVERYONE and his base of supporters was very small. However, nowadays I feel like its almost trendy to be a supporter of his, which I find hysterical. Not sure why, but his wishy-washy fan base irritates me. Hope I am not the only one who has noticed this/feels this way.

greenfaerie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Jesus Dawson & The 4 Disciples (Part 13)

Post by greenfaerie »

fayerie wrote:Just a question, so try not to jump on me but I'm curious, is this a trash a non guru forum for Shane Dawson? Does anyone in here like him, or an actual fan? Again, Just curious!
On the board, there’s separate rave/trash sections for beauty gurus that stay pretty seperate, but for general youtubers its all in one. I would say most YTer threads (like Shane’s or Jenna’s) are past fans or current fans who are still rooting for them/critiquing/civil place to criticize without being attacked for not gushing with love over everything they do (I haven’t been to a rave thread in years, I’d say a lot of beauty guru threads have become similar to general YTers now where it’s just a place to discuss the good/bad/ugly) There are a lot of people who I don’t think have much love (ie Tana, John Kuckian)

So people here do like him and are fans, but a lot of us especially now are extremely frustrated/annoyed with him. Hoping he’s not actually revealing his “true” colors and whatever this is, will go away/stop. An old Trish video popped up the other day (penis boobs fcking) and it was so insane how different both him and her are now (drew still seems true to himself) personality wise. I hate this (what I hope is) persona he has now. It’s grating, he was so down to earth and funny now he’s just obnoxious and full of himself while also being degrading as well. Can he just talk in his normal damn voice again?!?

It’s so fcking annoying that unsubbing/unfollowing essentially is unnoticeable to him no matter how many years you’ve been dedicated. It’s so fcking annoying that anyone who says anything to try and deflate his ego just gets shot down with “I’m happy so your points are invalid”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Presence
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Presence »

ZenmasterKalel wrote:But I get that it can be hard to come to terms with not ending up achieving the things that you wanted. But he has built something great! Just maybe not something that correlates with his view of him self.
Awesome post and insight, ZenmasterKalel!

I'm inspired to add:

Shane doesn't seem to have any desire to learn, nor practice, the craft of film making nor story telling. He may still have aspirations to be a director, but the reality is, he's gotten too lazy and too comfortable being a YouTuber. Why bother challenging himself creatively when he can just upload a video entitled "We Got Another Dog!", get 5.3 million views and nearly 60K comments? That sort of instant gratification can't be had when you're spending a year (or more) of your life making a film happen.

I admire him for sticking it out--through all the bad skit videos, the awkward vlogs with Lisa, to all those junk food cake videos. I really do. But I honestly think we're seeing the peak of Shane's talent. I think, while he may aspire to do more, he just won't.

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

Classy wrote:I'm completely new to this site, and I already adore it, but I apologize if I may being doing this wrong/restating something. Okay so, I have been a huge supporter of Shane- I go all the way back to like 2008. Anyone who has been a fan of his for this long knows how HATED he was by EVERYONE and his base of supporters was very small. However, nowadays I feel like its almost trendy to be a supporter of his, which I find hysterical. Not sure why, but his wishy-washy fan base irritates me. Hope I am not the only one who has noticed this/feels this way.
I've been a YouTube addict since 2008 as well and I used to try to watch his stuff but I just hated it. I've only in the past year come to watch him and like him because he's being himself in videos and not a dumb sketch character like ShaNayNay.
Last edited by pious on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

greenfaerie wrote:
fayerie wrote:Just a question, so try not to jump on me but I'm curious, is this a trash a non guru forum for Shane Dawson? Does anyone in here like him, or an actual fan? Again, Just curious!
On the board, there’s separate rave/trash sections for beauty gurus that stay pretty seperate, but for general youtubers its all in one. I would say most YTer threads (like Shane’s or Jenna’s) are past fans or current fans who are still rooting for them/critiquing/civil place to criticize without being attacked for not gushing with love over everything they do (I haven’t been to a rave thread in years, I’d say a lot of beauty guru threads have become similar to general YTers now where it’s just a place to discuss the good/bad/ugly) There are a lot of people who I don’t think have much love (ie Tana, John Kuckian)

So people here do like him and are fans, but a lot of us especially now are extremely frustrated/annoyed with him. Hoping he’s not actually revealing his “true” colors and whatever this is, will go away/stop. An old Trish video popped up the other day (penis boobs fcking) and it was so insane how different both him and her are now (drew still seems true to himself) personality wise. I hate this (what I hope is) persona he has now. It’s grating, he was so down to earth and funny now he’s just obnoxious and full of himself while also being degrading as well. Can he just talk in his normal damn voice again?!?

It’s so fcking annoying that unsubbing/unfollowing essentially is unnoticeable to him no matter how many years you’ve been dedicated. It’s so fcking annoying that anyone who says anything to try and deflate his ego just gets shot down with “I’m happy so your points are invalid”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The funny thing is that as recent as ten months ago (maybe even less) his threads we're almost 100% supportive and positive because I remember feeling like the only person who blatantly disliked him on here.

The fact that things have done a 180 to almost completely critical and the most positive posts starting with 'I love Shane, but..." are really telling of what a mess he's become despite the numbers he's pulling in.
Last edited by Hippo on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EmmasMommy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by EmmasMommy »

First time poster here.

I don’t understand why he needs to wait until August if he’s hurting for money? And why he needs a sponsor because he’s fed up with making projects and not making any money? Don’t his videos get millions of views? They don’t seem to be demonetized. I guess it just doesn’t add up to me.

Maybe I’m missing something. Can y’all fill me in?

onceuponadecember
Informer
Informer

Post by onceuponadecember »

and even when he DOES release the videos in august who wants to bet it will take him 3 weeks to release all of the videos since it's a 7 parter. absolutely no way will he release 5 videos mon-fri and then the other 2 the following mon-tues it will probably be wed-fri the next mon-wed and then the next mon or something else stupid af so he can spread the videos as far apart as possible (obviously to let them marinate and breathe :')) and do fuck all of nothing for the next 2 months

Lottis
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lottis »

triptocaine wrote:Cant wait for his wings to inevitably melt off so he realizes how much of a dick he's becoming/always was. I mean some of us are surprised by the way he's acting but we should have known he's that kind of person by the way he acted with his "director" "career" lmao (i dont know that much about his movie but i heard he couldnt handle criticism at that time).
Imo Shane became a youtuber and had this dream of becoming a famous director in hollywood and be someone important to the MSM. Then he made Not cool and that short movie and they got bad critics and he got frustrated and probably hates hollywood now lmao. And then he started doing his "short series" with quote unquote no sponsors and no networks and he suddenly feels like he's Nolan lmao.
Another thing that makes my skin crawl is when he quotes random people's tweets so that his 6M followers can attack that person. If you look at his quoted tweets where he gets defensive you can see the quoted tweet is often deleted. I wonder why... imo thats bullying, i mean he doesnt bully them directly but he knows he has a large platform and he knows that his rabid fans will attack that poor person.
YES! The way he tweets specifically at people critiquing him instead of simply tweeting a general statement speaks volumes about his character. It demonstrates his lack of sympathy/understanding. He knows his fans are going to attack the person, yet he tweets anyway. Not once has he apologized for this, nor does he even seem to care. It's the main reason I don't think he's as good of a person as people make him out to be. Not to mention most of the people he tweets at are CHILDREN. Meanwhile he's a 30 year old who has millions of subscribers to send whichever way he pleases.

skittles
Informer
Informer

Post by skittles »

^ he also quote tweets people who seem like genuine fans who are just calling him out on his OBVIOUS bullshit. But how DARE anyone accuse Filmmaker Shane of not working soooo hard!

Remember- he doesn’t have any time for his relationships or friendships! Well, except for living with his boyfriend. Oh and working with all his friends almost every day.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Jeffree videos spilled into September and then he has one series (8 VLOGS in a row) in like, November.

Post by Guest »

skittles wrote:^ he also quote tweets people who seem like genuine fans who are just calling him out on his OBVIOUS bullshit. But how DARE anyone accuse Filmmaker Shane of not working soooo hard!

Remember- he doesn’t have any time for his relationships or friendships! Well, except for living with his boyfriend. Oh and working with all his friends almost every day.

I wouldn’t be shocked if the Jeffree videos spilled into September and then he has one series (8 VLOGS in a row) in like, November.
Oh for sure—something will happen and Shane will HAVE to get this mini series out first and hopes we understand :’) and therefor push the J* video back...

Fuck. 2018 is the year Shane is more committed to being lazy than uploading content.

Return to “Shane Dawson”