Shane "IEdited7VideosSoINeedAMonthOff :,)" Dawson (Part 12)

BrutalPoetry
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane "IEdited7VideosSoINeedAMonthOff :,)" Dawson (Part

Post by BrutalPoetry »

yungchi wrote:I know this has been said before on the thread, but Shane could really use some tips from David Dobrik. The reason all of David's vlogs are only 4 mins long is because he thinks it would be boring if it were longer, which suggests that is super self-aware with the content and very conscious/considerate of his audience. Shane, on the other hand, has quite an egotistical approach to filming and editing; he gets Andrew to film the entire day and then they keep most of the footage in the video which is why they're so long, because they're filled with irrelevant filler. I'm not saying that Shane's videos should be 4 mins long, but it just shows how much he loves himself and how little he knows about storytelling (for someone who wants to be a director); he thinks everything he shoots is hilarious and worthwhile to the audience. Something tells me that he's a bit deluded in that he can't separate himself from his work, like how he thought Not Cool was amazing and that everyone else just *didn't get it*.
yeah I like how david keeps his short, but at the same time, it's becoming same ol same ol. How many times can you buy someone a car and then mess it up some how for a prank. Part of the squad upload the same content just different at different times. It's amazing how much shyt these young subs eat up these lame videos that youtubers put out! I wish shane would get over his self, and actually look at the comments that don't kiss his ass constantly. Do these children have no parents that work a 9-5 and see how hard it is. They worship someone that makes low budget vlogs with
his "friends" and boyfriend then call it the best thing ever recording and needing a break from editing all the crap LMAO!
" You're annoying me right now. Every breath you draw in my presence annoys me. " - Cersei

RestingBitch
Informer
Informer

Post by RestingBitch »

If he really wants to help people why doesn't he go down the route he did with the dog rescue?

Work with homeless shelters, women shelters, drug clinics and so on, tell the story of the shelters, some of the people and in the process donate 10,000 to the shelter. Then he's teaching his audience about issues that could well happen in their lives (such as addiction, abuse ect) and helping a good cause in the process.

Works better than chasing some poor woman through Toys R Us.

bushph
Informer
Informer

Post by bushph »

yungchi wrote:I know this has been said before on the thread, but Shane could really use some tips from David Dobrik. The reason all of David's vlogs are only 4 mins long is because he thinks it would be boring if it were longer, which suggests that is super self-aware with the content and very conscious/considerate of his audience. Shane, on the other hand, has quite an egotistical approach to filming and editing; he gets Andrew to film the entire day and then they keep most of the footage in the video which is why they're so long, because they're filled with irrelevant filler. I'm not saying that Shane's videos should be 4 mins long, but it just shows how much he loves himself and how little he knows about storytelling (for someone who wants to be a director); he thinks everything he shoots is hilarious and worthwhile to the audience. Something tells me that he's a bit deluded in that he can't separate himself from his work, like how he thought Not Cool was amazing and that everyone else just *didn't get it*.
It would be hella interesting to see David edit one of Shane’s videos and Shane edit one of David’s.

beautyineveryone
Informer
Informer

Post by beautyineveryone »

[H] wrote:
It would be hella interesting to see David edit one of Shane’s videos and Shane edit one of David’s.
Lol why do you guys have better video ideas than all the YouTubers combined

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

alezanduh
Lurker
Lurker

Post by alezanduh »

Encyclopedia wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

Sorry if someone posted this already, but really? I get that editing is hard work, but Shane barely posts videos anymore, and the content is usually lackluster. I'll admit I do enjoy the conspiracy theory videos, but those are the only videos I even come to watch now. And last video about Toys R Us was clickbait. To be honest I was kinda thinking it'd be about Bobby and how his fans are too hard on him, that he's doing his best blah blah blah. Somehow that would've been more interesting to me than what we got.

I know I might get hate for this, but galaxy and food videos are more enjoyable to me than the annoying squad he has now.
LOUDER

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

BigRhonda
Learner
Learner

Post by BigRhonda »

Do him and Lauren still talk? I was listening to an old podcast and I miss having her around. His content started to take a toll once she quit because she's the one that would keep him in line a lot of the time.

kellinkenobi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kellinkenobi »

Sorry if someone posted this already, but really? I get that editing is hard work, but Shane barely posts videos anymore, and the content is usually lackluster. I'll admit I do enjoy the conspiracy theory videos, but those are the only videos I even come to watch now. And last video about Toys R Us was clickbait. To be honest I was kinda thinking it'd be about Bobby and how his fans are too hard on him, that he's doing his best blah blah blah. Somehow that would've been more interesting to me than what we got.

I know I might get hate for this, but galaxy and food videos are more enjoyable to me than the annoying squad he has now.
At this point, I would happily take “TRYING GIRL PRODUCTS PART 87” if it meant a Shane video where there wasn’t Morgan stumbling around with a baby doll in my line of vision or Andrew screeching in my ear.

LoliFlour
Informer
Informer

Post by LoliFlour »

siggy wrote:Thank god Morgan is out of the videos for at least a little while.

With Jess, it's ironic how Shane was scolding Toys R Us for not setting up their part time minimum wage employees up with new jobs once they closed, when he's done nothing for Jess or Destery losing their jobs with him. He didn't even promote his brother Jerrid's new (actually good) conspiracy channel. All he gave it was an easy missable line in the description box, no mention in the video or on twitter. That's three talented, hard working people that he's hung out to dry while he stans for completely untalented leeches like Morgan.
he actually shouted out his brother's Twitter(@MindLets) on his Twitter but it's obvious that didn't do much.
Also, this was posted back when it happened but I haven't seen mention of it again so I'm assuming maybe some of you didn't see it:
Someone had actually called out Shane on Twitter for not helping Jess' kickstarter and retweeting/talking about it, and Shane replied saying that "we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes" and something about how just because he doesn't retweet it doesn't mean he doesn't care
I don't know what that means, but there's nothing he could've been doing behind the scenes that isn't actually giving her the money that wouldn't have been as helpful as shouting her out and getting her kickstarter going considering the impact he knows he has.
Let's also not forget the fact that Jessie ""produced"" (have no idea what that means in terms of what Shane's content is) Shane's videos with Trisha where they switch lives.
So he hasn't been completely excluding her, but of course, that was just one thing and it was back in January soo.. who knows *shrugs*

Moffie
Debater
Debater

Post by Moffie »

A video I'd watch immediately: them burning those motherfucking dolls in a fire, like they did with the first one. I'm sick of seeing them.

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

I never thought I’d see the day where I find myself going back to his galaxy food videos and now actually enjoying them over his current content, but here we are...
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

Piink-mcnasty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Piink-mcnasty »

Nora wrote:Is Morgan not in the Jeffree star series? Unless I’ve missed something I don’t think I’ve seen her in the pictures/ snaps from them with jeffree, though tbf I don’t follow closely. I’d love if she wasn’t in it, Roland annoys me just as much but there just something about Morgan that just grates on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shes in Colorado by the looks of it! Has been for a wk or so..

Cacophonouslaughs
Learner
Learner

Post by Cacophonouslaughs »

So, I was thinking about something the other day. I used to watch Shane when he did his sketches and stuff and I actually enjoyed some of his content. But I’ll never forget how hard it was to watch some of his videos and colabs with the Fine Bros, et cetera because he was so full of himself. Even before Not Cool he had his head so far up his own ass he couldn’t see the daylight. Then, if and when anyone called him out on it he would just play the “I was fat and poor once” card. After he came out it seemed like he had a shred of humility for the first time in his life. Because ever since I started watching him, which was about 7 years ago, I remember thinking he seemed like a self-absorbed douche. Now his self-absorption is only worse because he’s dragged other people into it and he has validation from people that aren’t good YouTubers but still have a following of kids with no self-esteem or concept of good content. I remember the Fine Bros video where they showed Shane videos of random YouTubers and he was supposed to “try not to laugh” and he rolled his eyes at every video and acted like he was so far above their content because he did hilarious gross-out sketches. For example, he was hypercritical of Jacksfilms- Jack has a great deal of haters- but imo he’s YouTube royalty. Whenever people criticize him he just trolls his fans and try something else. Now Shane is a vapid, self-aggrandizing YouTuber who can’t take criticism and blames all of his failures on being “fat” or “poor.” People have kissed his ass for far too long and I can’t watch him anymore. I felt like he was evolving for the better and now I’m just disgusted with his recent behavior and savior complex. But I’m one of what seems to be 100 people that think that.

Cacophonouslaughs
Learner
Learner

Post by Cacophonouslaughs »

So, I was thinking about something the other day. I used to watch Shane when he did his sketches and stuff and I actually enjoyed some of his content. But I’ll never forget how hard it was to watch some of his videos and colabs with the Fine Bros, et cetera because he was so full of himself. Even before Not Cool he had his head so far up his own ass he couldn’t see the daylight. Then, if and when anyone called him out on it he would just play the “I was fat and poor once” card. After he came out it seemed like he had a shred of humility for the first time in his life. Because ever since I started watching him, which was about 7 years ago, I remember thinking he seemed like a self-absorbed douche. Now his self-absorption is only worse because he’s dragged other people into it and he has validation from people that aren’t good YouTubers but still have a following of kids with no self-esteem or concept of good content. I remember the Fine Bros video where they showed Shane videos of random YouTubers and he was supposed to “try not to laugh” and he rolled his eyes at every video and acted like he was so far above their content because he did hilarious gross-out sketches. For example, he was hypercritical of Jacksfilms- Jack has a great deal of haters- but imo he’s YouTube royalty. Whenever people criticize him he just trolls his fans and tries something else. Now Shane is a vapid, self-aggrandizing YouTuber who can’t take criticism and blames all of his failures on being “fat” or “poor.” People have kissed his ass for far too long and I can’t watch him anymore. I felt like he was evolving for the better and now I’m just disgusted with his recent behavior and savior complex. But I’m one of what seems to be 100 people that think that.

eimsbaz
Learner
Learner

Post by eimsbaz »

why does he always throw his hand over his mouth every time he laughs... it annoys tf out of me

youbettawurk
Learner
Learner

Post by youbettawurk »

Yet almost every single one of his videos is just him dicking around with his friends and Ryland for multiple days at a time, and all of his editing takes place at home where his boyfriend lives. Sorry, not buying it.

Post by Guest »

eimsbaz wrote:why does he always throw his hand over his mouth every time he laughs... it annoys tf out of me
Whenever people do that I get the feeling that they're insecure about their smile / teeth. Could be wrong ofc

triptocaine
Debater
Debater

Post by triptocaine »

MineDressFearless wrote:
eimsbaz wrote:why does he always throw his hand over his mouth every time he laughs... it annoys tf out of me
Whenever people do that I get the feeling that they're insecure about their smile / teeth. Could be wrong ofc
I used to do that in middle school because I was insecure about my teeth (I still am but I stopped covering my mouth because it would draw more attention to them) so maybe thats why? But I dont see anything wront with his teeth from what i can remember so I dont know :/ could be something else
Sorry for my bad english

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Maybe his breath is rank lmao

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

He just completely contradicted himself by saying “you obviously can’t meet everyone” and in the next tweet saying “you’ll be able to meet everyone” tf

Tanacon is becoming a MESS btw

Post by Guest »

Shane's really showing his entitled ass. I've lost SO much respect for him in the past month or two. SO much.

Return to “Shane Dawson”