Ryland Adams

hunty
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ryland Adams

Post by hunty »

I hated this newest video because he keeps making excuses on why his content is so bad (I have to upload every week and it's so hard! NVM the fact that he got a career handed to him on a golden platter) and doesn't even do a good job of doing the challenge. Like we have to watch him essentially humble brag for 25 minutes while he's eating lunch, instead of what the challenge actually is - which is going to multiple places and making it more interesting. At least in other videos there was something fun about the video. His is just him talking and eating.
I'm a professional bitch

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I know Shane ain’t hurting for money but he hasn’t been working at all this year has he? He put out 2 videos this year and yeah they were full movie films, but I wish he would incorporate less over the top videos in between the long videos... it sucks waiting til summer for new content sucks. And it’s just to lead into announcing his makeup palette

Post by Guest »

hunty wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 12:12 pm
I hated this newest video because he keeps making excuses on why his content is so bad (I have to upload every week and it's so hard! NVM the fact that he got a career handed to him on a golden platter) and doesn't even do a good job of doing the challenge. Like we have to watch him essentially humble brag for 25 minutes while he's eating lunch, instead of what the challenge actually is - which is going to multiple places and making it more interesting. At least in other videos there was something fun about the video. His is just him talking and eating.
Imagine if he actually had to work for once. Before I could see him being like a barista at Starbucks or something, but once he got a hold of that coin, he lavishes the lifestyle and genuinely believes that money = happiness

Iris Martell
Talker
Talker

Post by Iris Martell »

His eyebrows drive me fucking insane. He's so high maintenance but he has the eyebrows of a backwoods Wisconsin farmer who only comes into town three times a year.

Daynahhhh
Informer
Informer

Post by Daynahhhh »

I guess Ryland doesn't know there are more types of videos than shitty youtube trends that involve buying shit for no reason? That is the laziest content ever and he doesn't even have the personality to make it funny or entertaining in any way.

Maybe don't admit that your video ideas come to you at the very last minute when you decide you haven't uploaded in awhile so you can quickly throw one out, as if one video a week when you do NOTHING all day every day is hard. He doesn't even upload weekly anymore either it's usually pretty sporadic.

Both him and Morgan are always saying that Shane gave them the video idea and then the execution is just.... like it's so fucking bad? There's not an ounce of effort. He literally took this ordering challenge and made it into the most boring mukbang of all time where he just complained and admitted he knows he's putting out garbage.

Entoma
Learner
Learner

Post by Entoma »

Daynahhhh wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 5:40 pm
I guess Ryland doesn't know there are more types of videos than shitty youtube trends that involve buying shit for no reason? That is the laziest content ever and he doesn't even have the personality to make it funny or entertaining in any way.

Maybe don't admit that your video ideas come to you at the very last minute when you decide you haven't uploaded in awhile so you can quickly throw one out, as if one video a week when you do NOTHING all day every day is hard. He doesn't even upload weekly anymore either it's usually pretty sporadic.

Both him and Morgan are always saying that Shane gave them the video idea and then the execution is just.... like it's so fucking bad? There's not an ounce of effort. He literally took this ordering challenge and made it into the most boring mukbang of all time where he just complained and admitted he knows he's putting out garbage.
It's honestly infuriating that both Ryland and Morgan were given their "careers" on a silver platter and yet don't do anything with it. It's quite telling that despite Shane giving them ideas, both can't seem to do anything with it. As you said, the execution is half-assed and there's not one ounce of effort. Plus, if a YouTuber I'm subscribed to admits on camera that he puts something real quick just to have something uploaded, I'd unsubscribe. Talk about having no respect for your audience :roll: It's baffling that Ryland and Morgan even have channels in the first place; both don't have any personality and the quality of their videos shows it.

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

The lack of any creativity in his videos/video topics is becoming glaringly painful.
Dear Ryan/Ryland and Morgan, not every YouTube meme needs to be hopped on, esp if it doesn't fit your channel/personality.
I haven't watched a video of his in a while, and the last one (the one with the goats) was really just meh. It boggles my mind how he ends up on the trending page? It truly is solely based on his relationship with Shane.

BlueFairy
Debater
Debater

Post by BlueFairy »

I honestly get it not having ideas for videos. Im not the most creative person and I would be the same. But then you compensate by doing the challenge right.
But in his case he can't even do that right, all of his challenges were half assed.
I think the only video that he put some effort in lately was the one where he decorated that useless room in their house.

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I agree that the video seemed rushed like “oh crap it’s Monday and I have to put out a video tomorrow, what should I do?” And I have to say I haven’t seen any of the other ordering what the person in front of me ordered. Honestly, I thought it was a challenge where you asked the person in front of you to pick your meal rather than copying them. Kinda like an Instagram picks my day kinda challenge. And tbh, he could have done the challenge that way and made it different than what everyone else did.

It’s like the letting the Starbucks barista picks my drinks challenge. I just think this is how youtube is slowly dying. And i was thinking about this while listening to Ryland complain about his job... like 5 years ago, youtubers we’re making high quality videos with great cinematography and edits and it took hours to edit it all together. Especially beauty gurus. Now it’s like mostly copy and paste with some added effects. Like the literal quality of videos these days is completely different and almost more lazy than it used to be. Like he literally sat in his car and ate food while he complained. In total filming probably took an hour or less and editing was probably a few hours and that’s his whole video for the WEEK. Less than 24 hours worth of work went into that video. How can you sit there and complain that one video a week is too difficult? Shane uploaded every single day for years and never complained. Other youtubers do the same thing. Why is he making it seem like it’s a huge strain on him? Like don’t make YouTube videos. It’s clearly not for him. But it’s income without being a slave to a 9-5 job. I just don’t understand. Why did he get rid of his weekly vlogs? If he can’t come up with content, then go back to a tried and true lazy person’s content. Being a blogger takes literally no effort. Unless you make really cinematic videos. But he doesn’t have to do that.

I just get the feeling that he doesn’t like this youtuber thing but he does it because it’s easy money (thanks Shane) and it gives him freedom to live his life without much schedule or demand.

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

BlueFairy wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:36 am
I honestly get it not having ideas for videos. Im not the most creative person and I would be the same. But then you compensate by doing the challenge right.
But in his case he can't even do that right, all of his challenges were half assed.
I think the only video that he put some effort in lately was the one where he decorated that useless room in their house.
I completely 100% agree with you, @BlueFairy. However, posting weekly videos isn't your job or your primary source of income. it is Ryan/Ryland's, though. It's one thing to do something as a hobby or even a side gig, it's another when it's your career. Can you imagine if a health care professional half-assed their job the way Ryan/Ryland does? Lives would be at stake and there'd be hell to pay. Obviously, being a YouTuber isn't as "serious" as being a nurse of a doctor is, but it's still about doing your work well.

He is getting away with less-than-mediocre content because he's Shane's significant other (as is his sister, btw, but she has her own thread). Let us be real, he wouldn't be getting a third of the views he is getting now, if he weren't associated with Shane. If he wants to be taken seriously, and I think he did at one point when he was at Clevver, he can't get away with half assing video ideas and failing at their execution...

But we all know the truth, as long as he gets the views (i.e., the MONEY), he will. He has no motivation to up his game because the masses are eating up his crappy content.

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I mean he is saying he is getting hate. At least on Instagram, though pointed out that they were probably trolls judging a thumbnail without viewing the content seeing as YouTube comments were not really producing as much hate. But he is getting hate for it and maybe that would be enough for him to try. Absolutely he will get away with laziness cause he can. He doesn’t have the work ethic that Shane does to come up with good content. Stealing trends is what small youtubers do to gain traffic. It shouldn’t be what we’ll established youtubers do for the sake of having content that week. How much of his day is spent at the gym or at yoga versus how much time is he planning good content for his videos? He seems to have more time to workout and do yoga than he does to have good content. So why not start making YouTube videos about yoga?

Sure your 12 year old fans stolen from your fiance’s Channel aren’t gonna watch that, but maybe it will make you happier? He seems to be unhappy making kids happy. I have seen like 5 other “letting the person in front of me pick my meals” challenge videos on my recommendations page. He doesn’t need it to gain viewers. He has the views and the subs. So be a little more creative. This is just the lazy way out. If he took more time to plan out, film and edit his videos, he wouldn’t be getting so much hate.

Same for Morgan. The thing is that Morgan has a funny personality. Her content isn’t at all thought out, planned, we’ll filmed it well edited. But she is funny and entertaining to watch. Ryland isn’t that entertaining to watch. So he needs better content to fill in that section where he lacks. He just seems very lazy and didn’t work for his viewers. Neither did Morgan. So they don’t have to try. If they had to work for it, neither of them would still be making content.

Seems like it was something he was talked into and probably liked it for a while but now he is t into it anymore but feels like 4+ million people will be let down if he doesn’t post and so he throws together mukbang challenges to complain about his life and calls it “this week’s video” it just isn’t working for him. His dog video was decent but it had Morgan in it and she carried most of that videos entertainment value.

Entoma
Learner
Learner

Post by Entoma »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:14 am
I mean he is saying he is getting hate. At least on Instagram, though pointed out that they were probably trolls judging a thumbnail without viewing the content seeing as YouTube comments were not really producing as much hate. But he is getting hate for it and maybe that would be enough for him to try. Absolutely he will get away with laziness cause he can. He doesn’t have the work ethic that Shane does to come up with good content. Stealing trends is what small youtubers do to gain traffic. It shouldn’t be what we’ll established youtubers do for the sake of having content that week. How much of his day is spent at the gym or at yoga versus how much time is he planning good content for his videos? He seems to have more time to workout and do yoga than he does to have good content. So why not start making YouTube videos about yoga?

Sure your 12 year old fans stolen from your fiance’s Channel aren’t gonna watch that, but maybe it will make you happier? He seems to be unhappy making kids happy. I have seen like 5 other “letting the person in front of me pick my meals” challenge videos on my recommendations page. He doesn’t need it to gain viewers. He has the views and the subs. So be a little more creative. This is just the lazy way out. If he took more time to plan out, film and edit his videos, he wouldn’t be getting so much hate.
In terms of work ethic, yeah, Ryland has none. Every video is lazily put together and thrown onto the channel like garbage into the trash can. Ryland is lucky that Shane basically loaned his audience to Ryland. Ryland doesn't need to hop on YouTube trends in hopes to reap in views; he ain't a struggling small channel, so Ryland needs to stop acting like one. I'm not a YouTuber, but a week is more than enough time to come up with an idea, shoot the video, edit it, and post it to the channel. Ryland should just make yoga and gym videos, I'm sure there's an audience for that. Hell, maybe Ryland will gather his own audience rather than rely on Shane's.
Same for Morgan. The thing is that Morgan has a funny personality. Her content isn’t at all thought out, planned, we’ll filmed it well edited. But she is funny and entertaining to watch. Ryland isn’t that entertaining to watch. So he needs better content to fill in that section where he lacks. He just seems very lazy and didn’t work for his viewers. Neither did Morgan. So they don’t have to try. If they had to work for it, neither of them would still be making content.

Seems like it was something he was talked into and probably liked it for a while but now he is t into it anymore but feels like 4+ million people will be let down if he doesn’t post and so he throws together mukbang challenges to complain about his life and calls it “this week’s video” it just isn’t working for him. His dog video was decent but it had Morgan in it and she carried most of that videos entertainment value.
I don't think Morgan is funny per se, but she definitely is compared to Ryland. Ryland doesn't have that "camera charisma" compared to Shane or even other YouTubers. He's kinda awkward and definitely puts on a more outgoing persona, giving that feeling of insincerity and coming across as fake. If Ryland actually put effort into his vids and did things he wants to do, I'm sure the quality of his vids will improve. But, I doubt it. Why improve and put effort when the work half-assingly does it itself?

never_mind
Learner
Learner

Post by never_mind »

Ryland's logic: I have to upload videos every single week. How am I supposed to make them creative?
It's your job to produce entertaining content, it doesn't have to be anything that's never been done before. Sometimes a video can be simple AND fun. The problem is that Ryland is just not good at being a solo creator. He lacks the wit and personality to stand out in any way. It's always easy to play the victim card, but let's put his logic into perspective.
What about the Youtubers who didn't have an audience handed to them by their boyfriend? They have to upload regularly too and make it interesting in order to attract and maintain an audience.
What about people working regular jobs? They have to work 5 days a week (sometimes more) and still perform to their superiors'/customers' satisfaction.
The "hate" he refers to is valid criticism. Come off your high horse and admit your shortcomings, only then will you be able to improve.

Lovelycrumpets
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lovelycrumpets »

Just watched the new video. Things Ryland complained about:

- How fans want him to come up with more original content. "When it comes for a new video to come out, you think oh man, what am I going to do, it leaves little time to be creative and come up with creative content in the world." Okay, he's basically admitting he's lazy. I mean, what does he do all day? When I think of youtubers, I think of how it takes probably like a day to film and then edit for the rest of the week. Like plan your videos out ahead or don't have a youtube career??? So many people just copy people's ideas and it's annoying. It's like, what if your favorite TV show just copied another TV's show, same plot and everything. Would people watch that? I know I wouldn't.

- Complains about how he has anxiety going through a drive through and has to be face to face with someone telling them his order.

- Complains about having to walk up to accept an award at the shorty awards, and present.

- Complains that he can't go to chick fil a anymore because his fans peer pressured him into not going there.

- I wasn't even going to put this one in but he took like 3 minutes complaining about the fact that the person who ordered in front of him got onions and Ryland hates onions unless they're caramelized.

- Complains about the hate he gets on Instagram because of the videos where he spent a lot of money and it seemed like he was bragging.

I would love to see videos where he plans his and Shane's wedding, or videos where it's kind of behind the scenes with Shane, him, Morgan, Garret, and Andrew just hanging out. Idk, I feel like he could film so much stuff, he just doesn't want to. The whole video of him complaining, mainly about his fans, just turned me off.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

Jesus, how fucking pathetic do you have to be to:

A) Eat at Chick-fil-A in the first place

B) Let yourself be shamed into not eating there

C) Publicly complain about being shamed into not eating at Chik-fil-A

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Why doesn’t he just become a blogger? Simplest job ever. You just gotta live your life. You can even pay someone like, idk, Andrew to film it. You can get BTS of filming Shane’s videos and the editing process and them hanging out. I like when they are altogether.

He doesn’t have to come up with some big brilliant idea for a video or even the next viral concept. Someone in the comments of the video said that he should pay for the person in front of him’s order. He can afford that for 24 hours. Most people aren’t buying $100’s of dollars and he spent like $300-400 on toys for his dog and like $1500 on stuff for Cheeto. So he can afford to pay for people’s meals or groceries or whatever. People love that stuff. If you wanna look less materialistic and boojie, then pay it forward. It’s not that hard. He doesn’t even have to think about that. I feel like he is pressured to be some incredible youtuber. He has to have all this amazing content when instead he could just vlog his life and people would watch that. Show us more of your life. But he also seems extremely private and so he seems choosy about what he shows.

Lisatheacrobat
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Hippo wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:56 pm

Hey now... chick fil a has amazing food. I don’t agree with their politics, but their food is delicious.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:01 pm
Hippo wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:56 pm

Hey now... chick fil a has amazing food. I don’t agree with their politics, but their food is delicious.
and it's been known for years their ceo is a huge bigot who throws money at anti-lgbt organizations.
when that became known, right wing americans went in full force to every chik fil a near them in support. literally crowds of republicans at the doors.
no self respecting gay should be giving their money to a company that's gonna use it to try to take away our basic rights
The Internet knows all your secrets

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Im-A-Doll »

Some ideas for your uncreative ass Ryland:
Take your dogs to a dog trainer (Especially Honey)
Learn a new hobby- dancing, take vocal lessons, pottery class, art class. ANYTHING.
TAKE A COOKING CLASS.
Create a full drag look from the thrift stores.
Create a wedding look from thrift stores.
Make one of your walls a mural and paint it. even if it's shite.
Vlog a road trip to somewhere you want to go. (but that's interesting also to others)
Learn to surf. or skateboard or whatever.
fuck it even doing a makeup video would be decent at this point.
You have the time, the money and the audience to create entertaining videos, so take some pride in your job like you use to do at clevver and make good videos. :roll:

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

Im-A-Doll wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:15 pm
Some ideas for your uncreative ass Ryland:
Take your dogs to a dog trainer (Especially Honey)
Learn a new hobby- dancing, take vocal lessons, pottery class, art class. ANYTHING.
TAKE A COOKING CLASS.
Create a full drag look from the thrift stores.
Create a wedding look from thrift stores.
Make one of your walls a mural and paint it. even if it's shite.
Vlog a road trip to somewhere you want to go. (but that's interesting also to others)
Learn to surf. or skateboard or whatever.
fuck it even doing a makeup video would be decent at this point.
You have the time, the money and the audience to create entertaining videos, so take some pride in your job like you use to do at clevver and make good videos. :roll:
When Ryland/Ryan does these things, and he will since he-- or at the very least his sister--reads GG, he should pay you your cut.

Return to “Shane Dawson”