Shane “this is my favourite video EVER” Dawson (Part 11)

NocteRegem
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Shane “this is my favourite video EVER” Dawson (Part 11)

Post by NocteRegem »

1- "High Quality"????? This is the only evidence anyone needs to know that he will never be a real director, series maker, producer, or outgrow youtube. But what can you expect from him? He thinks Big brother is the peak of TV content, and has never seen classic or current great movies or even an episode of Game of Thrones for example. You don't need to like it, but I am 100% sure that everyone that is serious in the world of movies or TV (entertainment in general) has seen at least one episode to know what this well made series is about. Anyway.. he will keep seeing bad movies and bad tv to lie to himself that he makes quality content.

2- Yes, his stans are up his ass. But I dont even take them seriously. The one on the picture above is called @shanesthiccies... They live for him and defend him as if they made some money out of him. Are you that low on personality that your twitter handle is about a youtuber and that is absolutly everything you can talk about? It is ok to have celebrities you look up to, enjoy, promote... but this cant be your whole life and the core of your personality. These people must be very boring in real life.

3- Ryland's new video is not the worst. But why does he need click bait titles? is it his thing? a joke? Morgan being proud about not washing her hands is gross.

4- I think it is funny how Ryland associates luxury only with the price of things. I have some luxury items in my closet, but for me luxury is more than the price. Luxury is comfort (not like the gucci slides he wears even though they hurt his feet), is cleanliness (unlike his house with pee bottles and dirt all around. you have money to hire a maid), is having access to information and knowledge (unlike every second when they thing being dumb and not knowing basic culture is funny), and being polite (do I even need to say anything about this??). Hope he realises someday that g-wagons, gucci slides and talking about money everytime dont make him look high class, only desperate.
Now I'm in the ring and I'm coming for blood

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by PiinkFart »

An editing break?
He edits his videos the day before he uploads. What the fuck is he talking about?

NocteRegem
Talker
Talker

Post by NocteRegem »

Daynahhhh wrote:Is he for real???? He's so fucking predictable. Youtuber's work ethics are insane. A couple weeks off after 3.5 hours of B roll footage spread out to 3 weeks that seemingly took him what, a fucking month to make? With the help of other people too?? What in the world has he been doing this entire time that he needs another couple weeks off. He needs to catch up with filming (maybe have a packed "hard" week of filming) so he can get ahead of his schedule and have breaks in between without missing entire weeks of uploading before he even starts filming.

On another note, does anybody know if Ryland's family used to be mormon? They kind of give off that vibe and they're from Utah.
Sorry for the double post :|

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID.
he stoped poasting a week before filming this "series". It took him 3 weeks to post all the 6 "episodes". And now he needs a break??? you had a month to do this with the help of people you pay for, this is your only job, it was not even well made. I only edited a few thinks in high school and college, so not a professional at all, but i can do what he did easily and faster.
Shane acting like he just wrote, directed, filmed and edited a feature film for the Cannes Festival... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Now I'm in the ring and I'm coming for blood

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

I’m honestly fucking annoyed about his Bunny series. He had no direction and winged it the entire time. If they were acting then it was terrible. Remember when he was going to title the last video “the end of a youtube channel”? What about that video had anything to do with it? They were in uncommon objects the entire time. If he did title it that, would he have uploaded different content?

I wish he would’ve had structure. Like “okay, from 9-10pm we’re going to see Bunny’s favourite objects. From 10-11 we’re going to ghost hunt. 11-12 were going to do this etc etc etc.” Same with his other videos. All they did was run around with wigs on and act like fucking idiots. Shane talked with Bunny on the bath tub for 15 minutes and all the Youtubers who watched it are acting like Shane said groundbreaking shit. Did we watch a different video? These vlogs were a true god damn mess.

julez
Debater
Debater

Post by julez »

I´m just thinking about when David Dobrik hat to stop putting out content for 2-3 weeks because he wanted to put out his 420th vlog exactly on 4/20, so he had to put everything on hold for a while.

He talked about it on his podcast how he was going crazy because after 2 or 3 days he got so bored and nervous because he without filming, editing or thinking about content he had nothing to do all day...

Piink-mcnasty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Piink-mcnasty »

Its annoying hes taking a break.. but at the same time, im glad to hear he started filmig today... that means its NOT about that pug dog! :rofl:

berrysweetheart

Post by berrysweetheart »

It's very interesting to me that Ryland posts the video content that Shane thinks he's above doing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mermaid vic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mermaid vic »

his stans are using the :,) face now just like him :roll: also
[tweet][/tweet]

this tweet and similar ones annoy me so much because he's been on youtube for HOW LONG? he's managed to keep up with an upload schedule for years until these series came along. Also they always say he has sooooo much going on he deserves a break...uh like what? sitting on his couch with Ryan or posting pics of him picking at the red bump on his neck? He wouldn't be so tired of "non-stop" editing if he edited in advance he literally edited the bunny videos the day before posting them of course he's gonna have to edit non stop that's what being irresponsible gets you but I guess his 13 year old army doesn't understand that :roll:

Purple Blood
Informer
Informer

Post by Purple Blood »

High quility? :rofl:
He's become very arrogant after everyone started kissing his ass for the Bunny series(which was one of his worst series imo)

skittles
Informer
Informer

Post by skittles »

Uh guys don’t you know how hard it is to find footage of Cracker Barrel commercials, horror movies, and news reports and insert them into videos???? They need a BREAK. ;)

Lol 3.5 hours. That made me laugh during a very stressful time so I appreciate that! If those hours of videos were trimmed down to what was actually the POINT OF THE VIDEOS it would be that 10 min convo in the bathroom and that’s it. So uh, yeah thanks for the high quality content of inside jokes, awkward moments, and Morgan being so #relatable. Appreciate it.

It really bothers me as well that he doesn’t take the craft of directing or movie making seriously. When Wes Craven died (director of Scream) he was so emotional and I actually thought he’d ditch YouTube and try to work on a *real* film set but nope. Not Cool was disgusting and his “short films” are nothing more than cheesy dialogue and forced emotional moments just like he still does now! Also every time he promotes or discusses this series on snap or Instagram I don’t get why he’s always IN TEARS. Does he actually believe his own bullshit about changing bunny’s life?? Delusional. He could have probably worked or at least been some sort of intern on a tv or movie set but no- he prefers to sit on his couch, surround himself by people who will never challenge him, and then has the audacity to call his stuff high quality content.

I know he’s hit it big on YT and has made lots of money but he’s not even 30 yet. Can he really sustain this lazy lifestyle for the next 50+ years? I see YTers the same way I see older pop stars or hit sitcom actors. One day you’re making lots of money but then the next thing comes along and suddenly the money isn’t coming in as quickly.

It’s so annoying how shane can genuinely be so funny and hardworking BUT lately he’s been so lazy and weirdly entitled and stuck-up about his content. The whole series with bunny was basically “let me tell you how to live your life.” He needs to really think about what he’s doing because his videos are such letdowns lately.

Swav
Informer
Informer

Post by Swav »

It's making me sad that Shane's turning into what he is right now. Simply put, I'm okay with him not uploading every day like he used to and even only posting like twice a week. But he NEEEEEDS to set a schedule for himself, like Tuesdays and Fridays are upload days, or Mondays and Fridays, whatever. He's going to realize that such a seemingly small thing of being so sporadic about his uploads and being on the whim about it is going to cost him subscribers. When people don't know when to tune in, they'll eventually get bored of waiting or checking every day and will stop altogether. Then Bunny's gonna need to come do a half-assed intervention for his dying channel lmao.

alexandriablue
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alexandriablue »

In my beginning photojournalism class in college, we had 3 hours (one class period) to individually scope out the campus for a compelling story, take a series of photos, record an audio interview and then return to class, edit it together and present it that day. Sadly, those presentations were higher quality than Shane's videos :(

mermaid vic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mermaid vic »

Swav wrote:He's going to realize that such a seemingly small thing of being so sporadic about his uploads and being on the whim about it is going to cost him subscribers. When people don't know when to tune in, they'll eventually get bored of waiting or checking every day and will stop altogether.

then he's gonna turn into every other youtuber and cry about how "the system" just isn't showing their videos to people anymore

yungchi
Informer
Informer

Post by yungchi »

Wow, that tweet is incredibly embarrassing for him. He really has no idea what the real media industry is like, does he? There is absolutely NOTHING challenging about what he is doing.

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve »

If he keeps up with this his views and subs will go down. He can’t keep being lazy and calling his series “high quality”. When they’re just vlogs with a bunch of filler.

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

I've never been a huge Shane fan, but I like seeing him in a natural setting when he's just being a funny person just riffing with friends, like with Trish.

It just goes to show you how delusional you can become when you're surrounded by Yes Men and kiss-ass fans. This "series" was directionless and he has no eye for editing. Is his idea of editing cutting out everything that wasn't a stupid joke? Imagine if Shane had the amount of footage David Dobrik cramps into one 4-minute vlog; Shane would stretch that out 6 months. Not that I think David Dobrik is amazingly talented, but you have to be impressed the lengths he goes to for such short clips.

luluguava
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luluguava »

Piink-mcnasty wrote:Its annoying hes taking a break.. but at the same time, im glad to hear he started filmig today... that means its NOT about that pug dog! :rofl:
I don't know.. The way he phrased it made it sound like he wanted people to know they are filming this week and not just sitting on their asses. Like they might have also been filming last week too..

I have a feeling we're going to have a week wasted by that dumb dog which is annoying because I have no interest in watching that shit.

bbbubblyyy
Learner
Learner

Post by bbbubblyyy »

Honestly, I like watching Shane's recent content. Even if it doesn't really go anywhere (*cough* the latest video *cough*) the way it's edited and structured makes it entertaining. And I don't mind that he spaces out uploads either, I wish more YouTuber's would do the same instead of uploading boring crap every day.

It just goes to show how dire YouTube is overall that he's getting his assed kissed over this recent content. Like, it's hardly groundbreaking but honestly, it is the most entertaining thing on YouTube at the moment.

Sidenote: I'm a new viewer but what's with him picking at his neck all the time?? It knocks me sick. And I was watching someone else's vlog (I think Ryland's) where he was filming their bedroom and the sheets were yellow and he was like "oh yeah, we sweat and don't wash them, that's why" :barf:

And the dog hair all over his clothes. LOL the lot of them are really gross but at least their funny/entertaining.

BrutalPoetry
Learner
Learner

Post by BrutalPoetry »

the best thing on youtube atm?????? :o
" You're annoying me right now. Every breath you draw in my presence annoys me. " - Cersei

MissPrissyPriss
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by MissPrissyPriss »

Considering everything he films is silly shenanigans and I’m sure the editing process is filled with laughs and Chipotle, what does he need a break from? Does he go read classic literature? Your whole existence is fun and games which you happen to have someone film now and then and get paid big bucks for. Boo-fucking-Hoo!
Same shit, different day

Return to “Shane Dawson”