Keeping up with the Dawsons (part 10)

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keeping up with the Dawsons (part 10)

Post by PiinkFart »

Anyone watch Morgan’s new video? People aren’t very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

julez
Debater
Debater

Post by julez »

I think her video is kind of funny.

Post by Guest »

Morgan being an attention seeker just like her brother? I AM IN SHOCK!

funfunthinkaboutfun
Informer
Informer

Post by funfunthinkaboutfun »

queerbaiting is gross. joe sugg did it with a “my big announcement” title and photoshopped pictures of him and caspar lee kissing, the shitstorm was insane and deserved and he changed it. I hope she realizes it’s not funny and does the same, even if the video in itself might be funny it’s not okey to try to gain clicks off of things like that.

hxnnxh
Learner
Learner

Post by hxnnxh »

every time i watch shane's videos now all i do is notice how he keeps picking at the side of his face/neck. not trying to be rude about it bc i struggle with dermatillomania, but it's super distracting to me tbh.

bushph
Informer
Informer

Post by bushph »

part 3 is so boring.

also, it seems like people in the comments are finally catching onto how fake Ryland is.

julez
Debater
Debater

Post by julez »

The 3rd part of the series was really bad in my opinion. They seemed lost and looking for any kind of content. Why don´t they plan anything beforehand? They are 4 people on the team (+ Andrew), they could spend some time with behinde the scene planning and could have gotten Morgan a real Texas make-over, then got to a bar or line dancing or something stupid. Wearing crazy wigs doesn´t make your content more funny...

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

That was fucking awful and I barely got through it.

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

Is it a coincidence that Shane mentioned on twitter how much it makes him happy to hear Andrew laughing behind the camera, after so many people complained about it here? I see you Shane....

bushph
Informer
Informer

Post by bushph »

Double post oops but I literally rolled my eyes when everyone acted oh so surprised that Morgan dented the G. She isn’t stick thin, of course she’s going to leave a dent.

morbit
Talker
Talker

Post by morbit »

Today's video was the best one imo. It wasn't exactly special but it was nice to break up the group. Ryland even said a joke or two that actually landed. The random thing with the guy at Ulta talking about his t-shirts was so unexpectedly funny. All the stuff going out on the town "finding Morgan a man" was funny. Shane in the costume was hilarious. Garrett's nails made me laugh. And just seeing Morgan at a different pace was refreshing. She's probably a bit overwhelmed hanging out with people this much. The "man hunt" was probably a bit embarrassing for her honestly, but yeah.

I like relaxed vlogs. It didn't seem scripted like the last one.

And about Morgan's video... I'm sorry, but who cares? Call-Out Culture is real. Morgan doesn't have enough of a dedicated audience or a large enough platform to be influencing people like that. She has never queer baited in any other video. You could figure out what her answer would be after about 30 seconds, unless you've already watched one of her videos before.

What I found interesting about it was Shane's whole thing about what kind of a girl Morgan is. As if him knowing girls that are similar to her that are straight proves anything lol. And how Ryland said "it would be cool if you were a lesbian". That's just such a weird statement to make. Then again he probably doesn't want to be the only gay in the family and I know that feeling.

skittles
Informer
Informer

Post by skittles »

i felt really uncomfortable with all the weird comments about getting morgan to have sex/find a man ? like why was that the whole point of the video? it was so awkward/cringe when that guy came outside to talk with them (both times) i could barely watch...

it actually would've been nice if they spent their day before the "main event" sightseeing or even going to a farm like shane said or just SOMETHING. the whole morgan makeover part was just so random and she seemed so uncomfortable.

highlight: i like that ryland and garrett seem to be getting along and them in the nail salon was really funny
Last edited by skittles on Wed May 02, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kellinkenobi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kellinkenobi »

Wow Morgan, coming out as straight. So brave. Thank you for sharing your story and struggle.

And yeah, this series could have easily been broken into two parts not six lmao.

julez
Debater
Debater

Post by julez »

morbit wrote:All the stuff going out on the town "finding Morgan a man" was funny. Shane in the costume was hilarious.
It wasn´t funny at all in my opinion and all seemed cringy and forces as fuck. The seemed desperate for some "funny" content. Shanes crazy on-camera-persona was unbearable.
(The first part of the video was ok tho.)

RenaiHunter
Informer
Informer

Post by RenaiHunter »

I honestly laughed a lot in his new video. I think it was his funniest one in a while.

Post by Guest »

I think we should get Morgan some slack. I am sure she didn't mean any harm by doing that (except getting more views ofc) and she's fairly new to the youtube game. She probably didn't imagine that it would offend people. I'm not saying it was right, but the girl is learning

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

QueenZenobia240 wrote:I think Garret is such an idiot for not taking advantage of this popularity he has now while it lasts. He has 1 million subscribers and his last video (which was ONE month ago) got almost 3 million views. In the past six months, he has only uploaded two videos.
The worst thing is that he filmed something at Coachella and still hasn't uploaded. Like what the fuck are you doing? I can't believe he didn't piggyback off of any of the Shane videos this week.

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

MineDressFearless wrote:I think we should get Morgan some slack. I am sure she didn't mean any harm by doing that (except getting more views ofc) and she's fairly new to the youtube game. She probably didn't imagine that it would offend people. I'm not saying it was right, but the girl is learning
It’s not like she’s a child.. she’s a grown ass adult and isn’t new to social media, she’s new to a large following. She’s more than socially aware. You don’t think that’s disrespectful? As somebody of the LGBT community, it took a LOT for me to come out to close friends and I’m still too scared to say anything to my parents (I’m a couple years older than Morgan). She made a big spectacle and build up about coming out and AM I A LESBIAN??! and is now making money from telling people she’s straight. I actually like Morgan too but that video has to fucking go.

AlvarezA
Talker
Talker

Post by AlvarezA »

First time poster etc etc but I felt like I had to say something bc I’m far too opinionated lmao

With Morgan’s last video, maybe she feels left out because Shane, Rylan and Garret always make gay jokes? And she wanted to be in on the action and be like “yeah people think I’m a lesbian lol” ??? As someone who is bi, I don’t think it was too offensive but it did leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. But, you know, straight people.

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

MineDressFearless wrote:I think we should get Morgan some slack. I am sure she didn't mean any harm by doing that (except getting more views ofc) and she's fairly new to the youtube game. She probably didn't imagine that it would offend people. I'm not saying it was right, but the girl is learning
I disagree. You don't deserve slack for queer baiting and trivializing such an important queer experience.

It doesn't make her a horrible person if she's ignorant of the significance, but that doesn't mean it should be handwaved away.

Return to “Shane Dawson”