Keeping up with the Dawsons (part 10)

zombiequeen
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keeping up with the Dawsons (part 10)

Post by zombiequeen »

Would absolutely love to pepper spray Ryland to be honest. Haven’t watched his video and I don’t think I will but just the gifs I’ve seen of him getting pepper sprayed are so satisfying lol.

kawaiivalentinex
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by kawaiivalentinex »

I thought I was the only one who noticed that Ryland has been being so f*ing obnoxious!
Like, I think that Shane might be the person to spoil their loved one but Ryland doesn't seem to appreciate it and he just wants more! It was so gross how he was saying to buy him diamonds it didn't sound or seem like a joke to me.

sunflowerskies
Debater
Debater

Post by sunflowerskies »

Okay, Ryland has to have seen this thread because now he’s just trolling. :rofl:
☕️

Cacophonouslaughs
Learner
Learner

Post by Cacophonouslaughs »

I think Ryland is trolling, too

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

I'm so fucking over Shane's "jokes" that use gay in a derogatory fashion when he doesn't even identify that way himself. Being one variety of LGBT doesn't give you carte blanche to co-op other demographics and all his mocking of gay men is just teaching his almost exclusively teenage girl audience that it's ok for them to do it too. I'm over this heterosexist bullshit he's harboring and enabling.

Hamil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Hamil »

I think he still has a lot of internalized shame about his sexuality. Of course, that doesn't make the shitty gay jokes he makes at the expense of others okay. Like, in my opinion, it would be one thing if the jokes were about himself, but they always seem to be aimed at Garret or his own BF. And he gets so offended when someone calls him gay.

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

RenaiHunter wrote:Anyone else feeling sexual tension between Morgan and Andrew?
No but Shane is obviously gonna end up with Morgan and Garrett will (I can only dream) end up with Andrew.

Moffie
Debater
Debater

Post by Moffie »

pyroclitoral wrote:
No but Shane is obviously gonna end up with Morgan and Garrett will (I can only dream) end up with Andrew.
Something I've noticed about Shane and Morgan is that Shane seems to legit enjoy her company. He's always including her or trying to buy her things. I think it's nice. They both seem really fun together when they're not "on" all the time.

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

pyroclitoral wrote:
This is real life, where entire friend groups don’t end up dating and fucking each other. Take this bs back to tumblr fanfics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

We still dont know what the fuck they are doing. Two videos and nothing. One of going to the airport and one of them farting about in an ugly hotel. I dont think bunny will be involved. Or have they talked about meeting up with someone? Then yeah maybe. I dont see that working out as a fun video though if it is her.

hayleysworld
Talker
Talker

Post by hayleysworld »

I know 90% of Morgan's views are from people trying to see more of Shane, but I was truly shocked to see the view count on her videos, one of them is creeping up on 3 million. How I feel about her personality and content aside, I can't really even be mad. Make that coin while you live in LA free.

hayleysworld
Talker
Talker

Post by hayleysworld »

I know 90% of Morgan's views are from people trying to see more of Shane, but I was truly shocked to see the view count on her videos, one of them is creeping up on 3 million. How I feel about her personality and content aside, I can't really even be mad. Make that coin while you live in LA free.

MagdaNikolovaa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MagdaNikolovaa »

Shane is never gonna start calling these videos just vlogs and not series lol. The views are definitely going to drop. I've been looking at his fan accs and they act sooooo excited about each "series", I can't imagine the same hype for vlogs lol.

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

^i agree. I would do the same thing haha. Its a shame though, i liked her so much in the beginning, thought she was naturally funny and chill and i wanted to see more of her in shanes videos. When shane visited them and they were just talking about ghosts in her room i really liked them together and thought she would be a cool friend to add to the group. But she is so over the top now and trying to be funny, overdoing all the jokes that were funny in the beginning. I wish they would all just calm down a bit and act normal. I would love to see them all just interact in a normal way, hanging out having fun. I dont know if others find this boring, but i like normal daily vlogs. Just people going about their day and filming bits of it. But i guess since they never actually do stuff they have to do scripted videos. That being said i do like the ghost hunting stuff they did, would like to see more of that if it has to be scripted videos. I‘m sorry i‘m just rambling now. I have so many feelings about this :rofl:

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

Haven't been on here in a few days so apologies if this post is long.

I realize I am in the minority here however I actually quite like this new series. Obviously there are some annoying flaws, like in every Shane video, but overall I had a fun time watching. I much prefer this laid back, comedic vlog style of videos to the extremely try-hard, embarrassing hyper serious ones. I know a lot of people in this thread seem to love Shane's "dad" series, but honestly I couldn't even get through it because it made me want to tear my eyeballs out due to cringe. I come on Youtube to escape and have fun, not to watch an awkward video of somebody rekindling their relationship with their physically abusive father with awful music playing in the background. At the end of the day Shane is a comedian and being funny comes naturally to him. He is not a motivational speaker so being super serious in videos can come across as very forced.

I will say I am not at all looking forward to Graveyardgirl being added into the mix. I can't watch her channel, I find her so childish and unfunny and I especially don't think she will work comedically well with Shane and his friends at all, I would be VERY surprised if there was any kind of chemistry between them.

I think Andrew being more involved in the videos by laughing and making comments actually works well. They made such a big deal about introducing him with that three part series, so it would just be weird if he went back to being the completely silent cameraman. Like other people have said, he is now an established group member, they can't just go back to pretending he doesn't exist.

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

the problem is they overdo/repeat everything too much. like the slo-mo/dubstep parts, the casey neistat „impressions“

shanes plans to go to houston to visit a pig farm and get „texas makeovers“ didnt seem exciting at all...why did he say he has never hung out with pigs?! he filmed a vid with ricky dillon and his pet pig at his house not too long ago!

if ryland didnt act so snobby about the mobile home, they wouldnt have had the problem of having to find one quickly to get to the next destination...i do wonder tho if all that was staged.

BTW is the funeral really such a big deal like his garrets friend claimed? i cant believe they would actually let people be stuck in a hotel... im also cringing at the ppl in the comment section asking who barbara bush is... :/

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

bambiii wrote:
BTW is the funeral really such a big deal like his garrets friend claimed? i cant believe they would actually let people be stuck in a hotel... im also cringing at the ppl in the comment section asking who barbara bush is... :/
I mean, it's Barbra Bush's funeral.... of course its a big deal. The Bush family, one of the most political divisive families in the world was there in one location, there had to be a shit load of government security. Not to mention, Melania Trump, Obama and Bill Clinton also attended.

badmorning
Learner
Learner

Post by badmorning »

bambiii wrote:BTW is the funeral really such a big deal like his garrets friend claimed? i cant believe they would actually let people be stuck in a hotel... im also cringing at the ppl in the comment section asking who barbara bush is... :/
Me/my family definitely changed our travel plans that weekend to accommodate funeral traffic--the news advised doing so, as well. We really just needed to use one road to get past that area and if we'd planned wrong... yeah we would've been stuck. We almost cancelled the trip 'cause we weren't sure what to expect. (also I'm a little shook that Shane was so close to my hometown, no one ever comes to TX). As someone else stated, lots of important people were coming, so security to the max. Also agree that is cringe, especially because you could probably read one tweet and catch up... :roll:

piinkfleeky
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by piinkfleeky »

honestly in previous videos, it was hard to tell if Ryland was just being himself or putting on a character, but in this second part, it's extremely obvious to me that he's just trolling. it's still obnoxious as hell and an unflattering personality to put on, but it's definitely not that serious. still into bougie things for sure, but he's really taken to this diva character. for better or worse (definitely worse :roll:)

I didn't find the first part that funny, and the extra dubstep/b roll shots are still annoying and probably will be throughout the VLOGS, since that's what there are, but I found myself laughing a lot. especially at the diet rootbeer, "crazy" night, and garrett getting called out for having trash in his pocket :rofl: I don't mind Andrew laughing that much though I have actually started to notice it since people pointed it out. I can't wait for them to actually do things, I'm getting kind of bored with the excessive build up.

julez
Debater
Debater

Post by julez »

bambiii wrote:if ryland didnt act so snobby about the mobile home, they wouldnt have had the problem of having to find one quickly to get to the next destination...
why is it "snobby" when he doesn´t want to drive a big vehicle?
there where 4 adults who all have a driver´s license – why has Ryland to be the designated driver and how is it his fault? Shane could have gotten the rv und driven it himself?

Return to “Shane Dawson”