Keeping up with the Dawsons (part 10)

mermaid vic
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keeping up with the Dawsons (part 10)

Post by mermaid vic »

sa177 wrote: If it is with grav3yardgirl I'm interested to see how Ryland reacts to her since he's bougie now (I gagged typing that) and she's very "out there" so to speak.
she's bougie too she has a Tesla and buys pointless overpriced designer stuff constantly she's really snobby actually she's like a mix of Shane's obnoxious side and Ryland's stuck up side

LiddlePallid
Naughty
Naughty

Post by LiddlePallid »

Yeah don't let her hobo-like appearance fool you. The girl walks through Walmart in $2,000 Gucci jackets :rofl:

sa177
Informer
Informer

Post by sa177 »

mermaid vic wrote:
sa177 wrote: If it is with grav3yardgirl I'm interested to see how Ryland reacts to her since he's bougie now (I gagged typing that) and she's very "out there" so to speak.
she's bougie too she has a Tesla and buys pointless overpriced designer stuff constantly she's really snobby actually she's like a mix of Shane's obnoxious side and Ryland's stuck up side
I know that, I was more referring to her overall personality

Rhaenys
Debater
Debater

Post by Rhaenys »

PiinkFart wrote:I’m 15 minutes into the podcast with Shane, Ryland, and Christine and Ryland had the audacity to say “EVERYONE in comparison to me is big. I’m so petite”.
I wish I saw Shane’s face bc we all know he rolled his eyes into his past life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my god he really doesn't think does he. he should hang out with zoella. they're both sooooo petite. or would he feel too big next to her :roll:

Piink-mcnasty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Piink-mcnasty »

I assume part 1 and 2 will be getting to the airport, and then flying. So we wont even see the guest.

If its graveyardgirl, ugh. I enjoy some of her videos, but her constant need for attention with her ~anxiety~ drives me up the wall!
Inoriginally thought they would do sone of her series (pintertest, does this thibg really work ect) but then realized she would prob save those to film with Shane for her own channel.
Which her channel confuses me since she made that second channel. Like with her sub count, why wouldnt u just post to main channel and rack in views and content vs a second channel?

Anyways, as speculated, im sure Shanes ~squad~ will do a night at uncommon objects. Since ghost stuff is what he loves to do his series on.
I could get used to him travelling places around the states and even Canada to ghost hunt! Now THERES a series!!!
But since Ryland doesnt really believe in it, ir take part, leave him home with the dogs. :roll: there is no need for him. His constant need to be in EVERYONES video is getting annoying! Like now hes popping up in Morgans vids, and even Josh vid he popped in. Go away!

FallOut89
Informer
Informer

Post by FallOut89 »

Rhaenys wrote:
PiinkFart wrote:I’m 15 minutes into the podcast with Shane, Ryland, and Christine and Ryland had the audacity to say “EVERYONE in comparison to me is big. I’m so petite”.

my god he really doesn't think does he. he should hang out with zoella. they're both sooooo petite. or would he feel too big next to her :roll:
Teala Dunn does it too

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

Ace13 wrote:Did anyone watch Bobby's video that was on Shane's channel? I wonder why it was deleted. Maybe he said something that was insulting to another YouTube and Shane couldn't have that?
Which video was deleted? I believe he posted two

greenfaerie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by greenfaerie »

7abiib_azzubb wrote:
Ace13 wrote:Did anyone watch Bobby's video that was on Shane's channel? I wonder why it was deleted. Maybe he said something that was insulting to another YouTube and Shane couldn't have that?
Recreating YouTubers thumbnails or whatever

Post by Guest »

MaxCrackfield wrote:
Rhaenys wrote:
Teala Dunn does it too
Guilty of doing it too! I'm 1.57 and skinny, I am tinier than most people I know. Only thing I appreciate about Zoella is that she brought up the "skinny-shaming" issue. It actually hurts being asked if you have anorexia all the time just because you're tinier than most. And yeah, people making fun of you because you have "no booty" is an annoyance that exists.

So I kind of understand them. I mention my stature a lot because it is true and it's also my way of coping with it (not that it's oh-so hard, but not being normal-sized does stand out, not always in a good way, so I'm just voicing what everyone else is thinking). But I do admit that a lot of times Ryland brings it up in a way that is uncalled for, that has made me roll my eyes hard... It even feels mean and rude a lot of the times. But I feel like it's kind of a defense sometimes because he is aware that some people think of him as "scrawny" and weak.

roseau
Talker
Talker

Post by roseau »

Kind of hope some drama comes out of this Bobby thing- one that damages Bobby , not Shane. Some of Bobby's videos are funny but he's way too pretentious. Come on dude, your brand sins aren't "art."

mhmm24
Informer
Informer

Post by mhmm24 »

If you have a boyfriend with some pretty serious, crippling, insecurities about his body don’t you think you would sorta try and not make excessive comments about how tiny you are? Most people wouldn’t mind but Shane has an extreme heightened issue with it. It’s not like he’s unaware of this..

I still stand by the theory that Shane sticks with Ryland cause he’s scared Ryland would/will expose him for money and views.

Post by Guest »

Expose him regarding what?

evanfielding
Lurker
Lurker

Post by evanfielding »

MineDressFearless wrote:Expose him regarding what?
i think they meant exploit the situation for money and views

nillawafer1
Learner
Learner

Post by nillawafer1 »

MineDressFearless wrote:
MaxCrackfield wrote:
Rhaenys wrote:
Teala Dunn does it too
Guilty of doing it too! I'm 1.57 and skinny, I am tinier than most people I know. Only thing I appreciate about Zoella is that she brought up the "skinny-shaming" issue. It actually hurts being asked if you have anorexia all the time just because you're tinier than most. And yeah, people making fun of you because you have "no booty" is an annoyance that exists.

So I kind of understand them. I mention my stature a lot because it is true and it's also my way of coping with it (not that it's oh-so hard, but not being normal-sized does stand out, not always in a good way, so I'm just voicing what everyone else is thinking). But I do admit that a lot of times Ryland brings it up in a way that is uncalled for, that has made me roll my eyes hard... It even feels mean and rude a lot of the times. But I feel like it's kind of a defense sometimes because he is aware that some people think of him as "scrawny" and weak.
I get what you mean, but I don't think Ryland minds being seen as scrawny. I think he wants to be adorable and he associates his small size with that, so he brings it up a lot, even when it's REALLY uncalled for. It always sounds like he's trying to remind people, even Shane, of how tiny he is. It comes across as very self-absorbed and I don't get the sense that it's a defense mechanism. I think he likes being small and I don't think he's embarrassed by it. The guy just has no tact.

Compare him to Shane. I think Shane calls himself fat as a self-deprecating defense mechanism. That's part of his "brand" (for better or worse). But unlike Shane, Ryland does not seem to have any sadness or embarrassment in his voice when he comments on how tiny he is, and self-deprecation isn't really his forte anyway. In fact the most bodily shame I've detected from Ryland was recently, when he said he had a little fat pack on his stomach (aka nothing). I always feel like he brings up his size because he wants attention, whereas Shane sorta has an attitude of "fuck my life" every time he calls himself fat. Ryland seems proud to be small. He's confidently showing off his body all the time and doesn't try to hide it whatsoever.

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

Not body shaming(maybe I am), but who wants a scrawny guy? I can't understand how anyone would be attracted to a man the size of a 12 year old boy or girl. Extra small is the size of a Middle School...maaayyyybbbbbeee a Freshman in High School child. Ryan is an adult male trapped in a 12 year olds body.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

Purple_Aussie
Debater
Debater

Post by Purple_Aussie »

I mean, if Shane wants a twink he's found the closest thing to it. Ryland might be getting a but too old to still fall under the "twink" category, but he seems to really be pushing that label with his behaviour. And it's the guys who are in to twinks that would want someone with Rylands body type

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

clockitthehouse
Talker
Talker

Post by clockitthehouse »

I'm sooo ready for Andrew to stop giggling over nonesense just for the sake of fan service. His giggles in the teaser video were so forced. But hey, Shane's fans love his "adorable" laugh so yeah lets overdo it. I bet you with all my money that Shane is annoyed by him but is too kind to actually say anything.

Same thing goes for Beavis and his sister, Shane is too kind to ask them to pay for rent. People like Shane are so easy to be stepped over because they're so empathetic and compassionate that people mistake those traits for naivety... sigh

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

mhmm24 wrote:If you have a boyfriend with some pretty serious, crippling, insecurities about his body don’t you think you would sorta try and not make excessive comments about how tiny you are? Most people wouldn’t mind but Shane has an extreme heightened issue with it. It’s not like he’s unaware of this..

I still stand by the theory that Shane sticks with Ryland cause he’s scared Ryland would/will expose him for money and views.
I wonder if Ryland thinks he's being funny by mirroring Shane's self-deprecating fat jokes. As in Shane and Garrett are constantly mentioning their body image, so Ryland feels like he should mention his too. Not defending Ryland at all- it's still poor judgement and very self-centered on his part, but I can't think of any other reason why he would think that it's okay.

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

I get the sense that Ryland is pretty fatphobic in general. You can kind of pick up on it by the little comments he occasionally makes like, "What if she thinks I'm the fat one?" as if thing in the world would be to be looked at as fat. He seems to seek a lot of validation through people seeing him as tiny and petite as well, like when he was on the lounge playing with his stomach and saying how fat it is, clearly wanting Morgan and Shane to jump to his defense. My 14 year old size 2 sister does exactly the same thing.
He may have some sort of disordered mindset, (not trying to push an ED label on him, for all I know he could just be an annoying brat, but it could also go a bit deeper). It is totally innapropriate and selfish though to make comments about how little you are in front of your body dysmorphic boyfriend. As somebody with very similar issues to Shane if my partner started doing that I would literally have a breakdown.

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

greenfaerie wrote:
7abiib_azzubb wrote:
Recreating YouTubers thumbnails or whatever

Oh, weird. I wonder what's up with that? I don't recall anything off about it.

Return to “Shane Dawson”