Keeping up with the Dawsons (part 10)

julez
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Keeping up with the Dawsons (part 10)

Post by julez »

moshmellow wrote:I watched some of bobby's gf's insta live and she said Bobby is taking a break from uploading bc 'he's been working hard for 11 years'
Moves to L.A. to get his career going.
Takes a break few weeks later.

Hmmm...

ohhaiii
Informer
Informer

Post by ohhaiii »

Sis wrote:
Clockwine wrote:
moshmellow wrote:I watched some of bobby's gf's insta live and she said Bobby is taking a break from uploading bc 'he's been working hard for 11 years' and that it doesn't mean he won't be doing Sunday uploads in the future

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I was just watching his Insta story and he's started a music Insta page? I can't tell if it's a joke or he's seriously making rap music
Nah, I think he's serious. In his video that he did wtih Garrett (the only one i watched lol) he mentioned that he wanted to release an album or a single this year. I didn't know it was rap music, i would have thought it was some indie rock sort of thing like he plays in his videos but hey, what's one more mediocre youtube rapper to add to the pile
Wow he really is just another person trying to squeeze every penny out of this situation. more and more I hear about bobby the worse he sounds as a person.

Moffie
Debater
Debater

Post by Moffie »

Clockwine wrote:
moshmellow wrote:I watched some of bobby's gf's insta live and she said Bobby is taking a break from uploading bc 'he's been working hard for 11 years' and that it doesn't mean he won't be doing Sunday uploads in the future

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I was just watching his Insta story and he's started a music Insta page? I can't tell if it's a joke or he's seriously making rap music Image
Yale Fried was talking about this on his Instagram Live. Bobby seems to be serious about it. Yale's really been the business guy in this company (he literally said 'company' and not 'squad' or 'clique' or something stupid) that Bobby and the rest of them have been creating. I think the group is legit worried about Bobby, not going to lie. I know the group has taken a break because they have been going nonstop since they got to LA and I think Shane's fandom has taken a toll on Bobby.

luluguava
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luluguava »

[tweet][/tweet]

lol Ryland's really been hamming it up huh? It's so obvious he wants to be James Charles so badly. Controversies aside, I actually think James is cute and does gorgeous makeup. Ryland on the other hand.. I see him going more the Jared Leto in drag route

nj12345
Talker
Talker

Post by nj12345 »

i'm sorry but he literally looks like a school shooter.

nillawafer1
Learner
Learner

Post by nillawafer1 »

That pic of Ryland's nails is weird. One of my problems with Ryland is he doesn't seem to know his brand. Back when he was working at clevver, he was serious/stoic/deadpan, well-dressed and put-together. Granted we didn't know him too well but he seemed like he was serious enough to balance out Shane's silliness.

Now he's morphing into a bougie femmey queen, which is all well and good except he also wears gym shorts/sweats every day and looks like he doesn't shower so it's just a weird mix. And he's also started trying to be funny with the "me" jokes and others that just fall flat. Maybe he's just figuring out who he wants to be but it's been... weird... to watch him transform.

pepesylvia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pepesylvia »

nj12345 wrote:

he's creepy af. he's always given me bad vibes and I refuse to watch him

Post by Guest »

nj12345 wrote:<a class="vglnk" href="" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>instagram</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>p</span><span>/</span><span>Bhv</span><span>_</span><span>y4FlEcE</span><span>/?</span><span>hl</span><span>=</span><span>en</span><span>&</span><span>taken</span><span>-</span><span>by</span><span>=</span><span>thebobbyburns</span></a>

Oh my GOD that is so awful I cackled so loud

Archmanlia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Archmanlia »

julez wrote:
moshmellow wrote:I watched some of bobby's gf's insta live and she said Bobby is taking a break from uploading bc 'he's been working hard for 11 years'
Moves to L.A. to get his career going.
Takes a break few weeks later.

Hmmm...
My thoughts exactly. Literally all he and his friends seem to do is sit around all day smoking weed anyway. What does he really need a break from? Image

minnie_12345
Talker
Talker

Post by minnie_12345 »

lol why does he have to throw in an excuse every time? Makes him way less likeable
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

luluguava
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luluguava »

nillawafer1 wrote:That pic of Ryland's nails is weird. One of my problems with Ryland is he doesn't seem to know his brand. Back when he was working at clevver, he was serious/stoic/deadpan, well-dressed and put-together. Granted we didn't know him too well but he seemed like he was serious enough to balance out Shane's silliness.

Now he's morphing into a bougie femmey queen, which is all well and good except he also wears gym shorts/sweats every day and looks like he doesn't shower so it's just a weird mix. And he's also started trying to be funny with the "me" jokes and others that just fall flat. Maybe he's just figuring out who he wants to be but it's been... weird... to watch him transform.
You know, I thought it was sort of weird and contrived of him to be putting on this femme character now (because what a dramatic and stark change it is from the Ryland we were used to) but I realised maybe that's a bit ignorant of me. Shane is his first real relationship where he's actually felt comfortable enough to embrace his sexuality. Maybe he won't go full drag or anything but he should definitely have fun with it if he wants to. If he's discovering who he is, then I'm happy for him because everyone deserves that.

I'll try to tolerate him a bit more in the videos (which is nuts because I used to really like him).

Also, sorry if this has been answered but Shane has mentioned being on the road a few times. Does anyone know why/for what?

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

minnie_12345 wrote:lol why does he have to throw in an excuse every time? Makes him way less likeableImage
Yeah... like at this point, just post your 2-3 videos every other week and go.

mermaid vic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mermaid vic »

It's very likely he's collabing with bunny she posted a story of her at a store called uncommon objects where she gets a bunch of creepy dolls from and it looks like it could be the background in that picture Shane tweeted. I don't even know if I could watch this one she's a whole different kind of obnoxious around people like whenever she vlogs with guy tang shes just more irritating than usual. Also I don't see their humors meshing well at all?

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

pepesylvia wrote:
nj12345 wrote:<a class="vglnk" href="" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>instagram</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>p</span><span>/</span><span>Bhv</span><span>_</span><span>y4FlEcE</span><span>/?</span><span>hl</span><span>=</span><span>en</span><span>&</span><span>taken</span><span>-</span><span>by</span><span>=</span><span>thebobbyburns</span></a>

he's creepy af. he's always given me bad vibes and I refuse to watch him
He literally just looks high all the time to me lol

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

I got these vibes from bobby ever since the first time i saw him. I dont like him at all and wasnt planning on watching his stuff anyway.
Him taking a break though... maybe he did work hard for a long time, but nothing ever came of it. Now that he has (shane has) built a following maybe he should keep going until his channel is somewhat stable. From a business point of view. I personally dont care. Also he just made a deal with shane for his channel and he takes a break after two videos? Who does that when basically starting a new job? I hope shane doesnt let him come back.
Bobby probably made quite a bit of money from the couple of sponsorships he did and thinks he can sit back and relax now. Great work ethic mate.
And his girlfriend? Not even gonna start.. :roll:

Allysonraex3
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Allysonraex3 »

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I honestly don't understand why Shane would continue to offer Bobby a job after that lie detector test video. Not only did he fail that miserably, but he just acted shady the entire time! He says he was just nervous, but you could tell everyone else was nervous too and none of them had the results he was getting. Poor Shane.. he should have done a few collab videos and been done with it!

FallOut89
Informer
Informer

Post by FallOut89 »

I knew that Bobby bs wasn't going to last long...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

julez
Debater
Debater

Post by julez »

Moffie wrote:Yale Fried was talking about this on his Instagram Live. Bobby seems to be serious about it. Yale's really been the business guy in this company (he literally said 'company' and not 'squad' or 'clique' or something stupid) that Bobby and the rest of them have been creating.
It gets even better: With their company they hired an EDITOR to help them all edit their content.
What?
Perhaps he spent too much time with Shane and adopted Shanes current "business model": get you a "crew" that has no other job or source of income, film one with them from time to time, hire someone else to edit the stuff and upload not too often. chill out the rest of the time.
Only difference is: Shane has been on Youtube forever, has a huge following, has uploaded tons of stuff in the past (and is propably burnt out now).

Perhaps we should take the Bobby discussion to his own thread?
viewtopic.php?f=186&t=33541&start=50

Post by Guest »

Shane hasn’t liked or commented on any of Bobby’s Instagram posts in forever so...

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

I think Bobby is fine, albeit young and "green behind the ears". I don't see a problem with the lie-detector video. They showed us an edited version. They guided us to what they wanted us to see. If Shane, or anyone close to him - for that matter, felt threatened by that test, we would have seen the repercussions (of course, that's not to say that something else that transpires later on to sour the deal couldn't happen).

My gut tells me he's not posting on Sundays because the views or the reviews aren't what he expected. I don't read comments, but I assume there was some negativity and it got to him. That combined with the pressure of moving to a new city and uprooting oneself has probably stressed him out a little more than he anticipated.

Regardless, Bobby is now attached to Shane. And Shane hasn't been consistent with his upload schedules, at all. Yes his content is better, but can it last? He does these "seemingly" grandiose ideas for his vids. If this were a TV show, you'd have 13 - 20 episodes a year with a huge break in the middle. He is trying to compete with that level of TV, but without the buffering and the teams behind it. As much as I like his current format, I don't think it's sustainable. And I think that's why we are seeing his uploads schedule implode.

Return to “Shane Dawson”