Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

Post by lalal0ve »

katkake wrote:I tried to make a post about this before but if it posted, I seriously cannot find it -- so, sorry if it's posted twice!

Not sure if this has been brought to attention or addressed by Shane, but what's with the arm band-aids? It's kind of worrying me! They've been showing in videos, IG posts and IG stories -- during different times, so they're definitely different band-aids. Hope everything is okay!
He picks his skin a lot, he’s admitted to this many times in the past. So I’m guessing it’s because of scabs/pimples he’s picked.

beautyineveryone
Informer
Informer

Post by beautyineveryone »

I'm seriously considering unsubscribing from Shane, which makes me so sad to say since I've had a routine of watching him since highschool. But it feels like a chore to watch his videos nowadays. I remember I would get excited to go home and have a little Shane Dawson break bc I could always count a video from him, but I can't even expect that since he's been so inconsistent.
I recently watched the h3h3 podcast and it made me miss watching Shane on his own.
I think if Ryan and Morgan stopped being in videos (I think that's the main reason I don't watch) and it was just Shane or Shane and Garret (and drew but that seems unlikely now ️) I might watch but idk, I'm so over his new video formula, it's so pointless and predictable now.
I just pass over his videos, I'm not tempted to watch one bit.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 5.31.12 PM.png
lol so he's likely not posting any videos this week.... can't say I'm surprised

I mean I get it, he was on vacation last week but his upload schedule has been terrible for a while now.. it just seems to be excuse after excuse lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

minnie_12345 wrote:

I mean I get it, he was on vacation last week but his upload schedule has been terrible for a while now.. it just seems to be excuse after excuse lol
At this point, he needs to give up the facade that he still enjoys filming and simply be a producer of other content creators.

mell232323

Post by mell232323 »

f c fcfcf c ccfcfccf f ff c c c f f cff ccf ff f cfc ffc cc ffc f c f f ff cf ffffff f fff ff ff ff fcf c cccf fff bf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hippo
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Hippo »

I know this gets said a lot in regard to YouTubers, but damn it would be nice to take a week's vacation and then come back and tell my boss that I need over a week off from being productive in order to recouperate from being on vacation.

On a similar note, Garrett made a big deal about how he's back for real and YouTube is his full time job now... and then missed his upload date today which was already over two weeks from the last one.

sunflowerskies
Debater
Debater

Post by sunflowerskies »

minnie_12345 wrote:

Of course and honestly I’m surprised that he doesn’t film in advance, that would be the best thing because all he has to do is just hit the upload button, then he can have weeks off to do whatever. Film double the content even and schedule it to upload when he needs it to so that he has more time to do what he wants without having to worry about putting up new videos and rushing content if he has to.
☕️

DrDrama
Learner
Learner

Re: Daddy

Post by DrDrama »

beautyineveryone wrote:I'm seriously considering unsubscribing from Shane, which makes me so sad to say since I've had a routine of watching him since highschool. But it feels like a chore to watch his videos nowadays. I remember I would get excited to go home and have a little Shane Dawson break bc I could always count a video from him, but I can't even expect that since he's been so inconsistent.
I recently watched the h3h3 podcast and it made me miss watching Shane on his own.
I think if Ryan and Morgan stopped being in videos (I think that's the main reason I don't watch) and it was just Shane or Shane and Garret (and drew but that seems unlikely now Image️) I might watch but idk, I'm so over his new video formula, it's so pointless and predictable now.
I just pass over his videos, I'm not tempted to watch one bit.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Same thing here! I've LOVED Shane's videos for years, and I was a dedicated watcher that wouldn't miss a single video. His "old era" videos would light up my day and (this may sound ridiculous but) it was comforting to know that I'd have a Shane video to watch and make me giggle after a long and stressful day. But these last few months have changed my outlook on his channel completely. At first I didn't want to be that fan that abandoned a beloved Youtuber over a few videos they didn't like or an inconsistent upload schedule so I continued to give him a chance, to see if better videos would reappear. I've waited ever so patiently to see some content that would redeem him in my eyes, maybe some throwback-like sketches or parodies, funny collabs, maybe even some lighthearted Poppin' Cookin videos! But I've come to realize that Shane's content the past few months isn't a bad streak, it's permanent. Ryland and Garrett will continue to appear in every video.. Shane will produce more 3-part-series featuring Morgan and his mom that he says he works "sooooo hard" on. He'll keep uploading once or twice a week, despite claims that he's hired more people for his team which should not only make video quality better, but more frequent, too. Garrett and Shane's constant self-deprecation and Shane's poor hygiene will persist.
I wanted to give him a chance to get back up on his usual grind of genuinely entertaining videos, but I'm done waiting for that comeback. Instead of making me laugh, his videos make me roll my eyes and click out now.

manu_voo
Informer
Informer

Post by manu_voo »

ashaehxo wrote:
minnie_12345 wrote:

Of course and honestly I’m surprised that he doesn’t film in advance, that would be the best thing because all he has to do is just hit the upload button, then he can have weeks off to do whatever. Film double the content even and schedule it to upload when he needs it to so that he has more time to do what he wants without having to worry about putting up new videos and rushing content if he has to.
Didn't he use to do that? He would film several conspiracy videos on the same day.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Cryptic
Informer
Informer

Post by Cryptic »

Why the hell is Shane going as far to let his "hater" Bobby become a regular part of his channel? It comes off as him trying to scare people away from making critical videos of himself because look of nice I am to this "hater" of mine, don't you think he was wrong for ever criticizing me lol? Even though his criticism was valid? Think twice anyways yall while I fart out some half assed video.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

manu_voo wrote:
ashaehxo wrote:

Didn't he use to do that? He would film several conspiracy videos on the same day.

Yep. In the days of the tasting or trying things and buying weird stuff and like all the yellow themed thumbnails he most definitely had 1 or 2 filming days a week and then would just edit and post the rest of them. I can't remember exactly where he said it but I do remember him referencing it and it was just very obvious for some videos that they were filled on the same day.

It was obviously easier to do that with the shittier quick videos, but I also think when Ryland was still working at Clevver it was easier to get on a M-F more typical working hours schedule since Ryland would be getting up to leave and you'd want to work while he was so that you could spend time together later.

Purple Blood
Informer
Informer

Post by Purple Blood »

I feel like he started fucking up his uploading schedule when Ryland moved in,first he started posting four times a week because he was working on a "project"(and by project he meant going on roadtrips with Ryland),then 3 times a week and so on...Ryland took over his office where he filmed the conspiracy videos and he turned the famous counter from all the eating videos into a coffee station.
Also his house is filled with people all the time,no wonder he can't film a sit-down video(idk wht he doesn't use the office he's paying for)

logicalnonsense
Informer
Informer

Post by logicalnonsense »

I've been considering unsubbing too (not that it would make a big difference), but it's just been getting annoying and I don't even look forward to his videos anymore. The three parters are getting crappier every time he does post them, and they are basically the only things he does post now. I personally would really love to see him bring back some old characters - even if he did a 3 parter "where are they now" type video for a few of his more popular ones (Shananay or Aunt Hilda) I think those would be enjoyable and would be a nice little throwback to his old videos. Q&A's would be nice too, those are quick and easy to push out in a timely manner. Really, I would settle for at least having consistent uploads at this point.

manu_voo
Informer
Informer

Post by manu_voo »

logicalnonsense wrote:I've been considering unsubbing too (not that it would make a big difference), but it's just been getting annoying and I don't even look forward to his videos anymore. The three parters are getting crappier every time he does post them, and they are basically the only things he does post now. I personally would really love to see him bring back some old characters - even if he did a 3 parter "where are they now" type video for a few of his more popular ones (Shananay or Aunt Hilda) I think those would be enjoyable and would be a nice little throwback to his old videos. Q&A's would be nice too, those are quick and easy to push out in a timely manner. Really, I would settle for at least having consistent uploads at this point.
There's a picture on Instagram where Manny was doing Shane's makeup and Shane was wearing a new shirt with Shanaynay on it. Maybe this will be the next video?

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

manu_voo wrote:There's a picture on Instagram where Manny was doing Shane's makeup and Shane was wearing a new shirt with Shanaynay on it. Maybe this will be the next video?
Lol that's James Charles. Yes, probably. Ryland also said he'd be doing a collab with James too.
I was entertained by Shane's videos with Jeffree Star, so this could be gold... but I wonder how he will mesh with with James's personality.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

My god Youtubers are so incredibly lazy. They would never survive a 9-5 with this type of work ethic.

manu_voo
Informer
Informer

Post by manu_voo »

manged wrote:
manu_voo wrote:There's a picture on Instagram where Manny was doing Shane's makeup and Shane was wearing a new shirt with Shanaynay on it. Maybe this will be the next video?
Lol that's James Charles. Yes, probably. Ryland also said he'd be doing a collab with James too.
I was entertained by Shane's videos with Jeffree Star, so this could be gold... but I wonder how he will mesh with with James's personality.
Right, sorry.

Purple Blood
Informer
Informer

Post by Purple Blood »

Izabella wrote:My god Youtubers are so incredibly lazy. They would never survive a 9-5 with this type of work ethic.
Yeah,Shane got angry becuase someone called him lazy on twitter and he was like "Oh my god,I edited TWO videos by myself last week I'm not lazy" :roll:

RenaiHunter
Informer
Informer

Post by RenaiHunter »

Quite honestly I miss his 2016-2017 content. The spooky boys, the casual videos of him sitting in the kitchen doing stuff, the conspiracy videos. It was way more fun and chill.
Ever since hes got cameraman we've been getting way less content and his content isnt even fresh.
He uses the same formula for every 3 part video he makes. Its kinda boring and cringy at times.

Swav
Informer
Informer

Post by Swav »

I know his content has gotten really shitting when I'm genuinely really looking forward to his upcoming conspiracy video. I'd take a full week of him doing nothing but sitting down and whispering/talking shit about crazy conspiracies than whatever the fuck he's been putting out lately, that's for sure. Garrett can be invited but everyone else needs to go.

Return to “Shane Dawson”