Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

morbit
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daddy "Definitely NOT Scripted Videos" Dawson (Part 9)

Post by morbit »

^ that's probably just Shane projecting his own fear? Ryland didn't say it was an insecurity, he just said "my sister always joke about my receding hairline". He only said his insecurity was his "toothpick arms".

mhmm24
Informer
Informer

Post by mhmm24 »

Did y’all notice at the end of Rylands haircut vid when Shane was like you should change your look, he was like calm calm *GASP* “omg we can go on a shopping spree!”? Like it was the most exciting he was the whole video. He’s truly awful. Also he gets really defensive with Shane about having kids. He literally acts just like a 30-something controlling housewife who’s like tick tick my baby clock is running low! I could go on and on about how much he gets on my damn nerves. I really don’t see how Shane is happy with him, but I’m sure off camera Ryland has mastered how to kiss his ass hard to keep him manipulated. Just ew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spillthetea109
Talker
Talker

Post by Spillthetea109 »

mhmm24 wrote:Did y’all notice at the end of Rylands haircut vid when Shane was like you should change your look, he was like calm calm *GASP* “omg we can go on a shopping spree!”? Like it was the most exciting he was the whole video. He’s truly awful. Also he gets really defensive with Shane about having kids. He literally acts just like a 30-something controlling housewife who’s like tick tick my baby clock is running low! I could go on and on about how much he gets on my damn nerves. I really don’t see how Shane is happy with him, but I’m sure off camera Ryland has mastered how to kiss his ass hard to keep him manipulated. Just ew.

Omg he totally is a 30 something controlling housewife that's just waiting to pop out kids. Probably so that he can really lock shane down & have a excuse to do nothing but be a stay at home dad.

It's really sad that shane will probably never see the true ryland. Or maybe he does & just deals with it. Does anyone know what happened to drew? I feel like once ryland was in the picture we started seeing drew less and less. I miss him.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

After seeing Ryland get mouthy in the drive thru to the worker I can't see him the same. He's your typical middle aged single mother white woman who has a son thats into soccer and will dip into drugs in his early teens

ohnok
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnok »

Came here to see what people thought of Ryland. I'm glad it's not just me. He's a brat and probably makes Shane's insecurities worse.

Post by Guest »

HayleyMay wrote:After seeing Ryland get mouthy in the drive thru to the worker I can't see him the same. He's your typical middle aged single mother white woman who has a son thats into soccer and will dip into drugs in his early teens
In what video?

Noli
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Noli »

MineDressFearless wrote:
HayleyMay wrote:After seeing Ryland get mouthy in the drive thru to the worker I can't see him the same. He's your typical middle aged single mother white woman who has a son thats into soccer and will dip into drugs in his early teens
In what video?
Reviling my cameraman face or something like that

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Yep, I found that completely rude. Made me wonder if they all treat people like that? I'm a pretty easy going person, but that is one of those "if you do that, I don't think I'm going to like you as a person" type of things. Who talks to another human being like that? Just a reflection of who YOU are, not the worker. Pathetic.

skittles
Informer
Informer

Post by skittles »

Ryland was so rude during that. If I go through a drivethru and my order is slightly wrong I either 1) laugh it off and don’t even bother mentioning it or 2) go inside to correct it. The way he was like “and the burrito YOU forgot” is so annoying. Maybe when the person asked them to confirm everything on the screen was correct, Shane just said yes without realizing it was missing. And even if they forgot part of the order, why does Ryland need to take that tone?

Ryland is getting more obnoxious every day and his videos are basically simple vlogs that require Shane to even be somewhat fun.

mhmm24
Informer
Informer

Post by mhmm24 »

I feel like Shane thinks he can’t get better than Ryland, so he’s essentially stuck. Why is there not a thread for Ryland yet? We need it lol

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

mhmm24 wrote:Why is there not a thread for Ryland yet? We need it lol
Please no, I'm too lazy to jump back between 2 threads. There would be too much topic overlap anyway. You can't really talk about Ryland without talking about Shane. Maybe people don't give a shit about Ryland discussions and would want to separate them but like they can learn to scroll.

Sometimes I just want them to do a couple's podcast, not for the entertainment value, but just because I'm nosy and want to learn more about their relationship dynamic.

mizcracker

Post by mizcracker »

the AUDACITY to be rude toward someone just because they made a mistake. so bratty and disgusting.

ryland really thinks he's all that, huh? he really needs a reality check and that really soon.

Post by Guest »

skittles wrote:Ryland was so rude during that. If I go through a drivethru and my order is slightly wrong I either 1) laugh it off and don’t even bother mentioning it or 2) go inside to correct it. The way he was like “and the burrito YOU forgot” is so annoying. Maybe when the person asked them to confirm everything on the screen was correct, Shane just said yes without realizing it was missing. And even if they forgot part of the order, why does Ryland need to take that tone?
I didn't notice that, since it probably happened in the background, but I will probably watch it again to make sure. It does sound pretty bad the way you say it :? I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt because it's possible that the cashier thought they really didn't order it ans simply insisted on that. I don't know why he gets so much hate, to me he doesn't seem that bad, at least so far. Maybe I'm too innocent? But I kinda like him and watch a few of his vlogs.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

...Okay so I went ahead and watched Ryland's rude encounter at the drive-thru ( @ 14:30ish) and... I didn't think it was really that abrasive. Y'all made it seem like he was being completely snobby and aggressive, but I think he was just firmly clarifying that he didn't want to be charged for the burrito. He repeated himself, so maybe he wasn't being heard over the speaker and had to speak louder and more clearly. Yeah, maybe he could have "sweetened" his tone, but we've already established that Ryland has a cold, stoic personality. That interaction in the drive-thru didn't even ring any alarms because I'm just used to Ryland being like that.

PiinkFart
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PiinkFart »

manged wrote:...Okay so I went ahead and watched Ryland's rude encounter at the drive-thru ( @ 14:30ish) and... I didn't think it was really that abrasive. Y'all made it seem like he was being completely snobby and aggressive, but I think he was just firmly clarifying that he didn't want to be charged for the burrito. He repeated himself, so maybe he wasn't being heard over the speaker and had to speak louder and more clearly. Yeah, maybe he could have "sweetened" his tone, but we've already established that Ryland has a cold, stoic personality. That interaction in the drive-thru didn't even ring any alarms because I'm just used to Ryland being like that.
I agree. I was a McDonald’s manager as a teenager and worked there for 5 years. I know rude customers and get literally t r i g g e r e d when people are rude to fast food employees. His tone didn’t set me off at all. Like yeah, hate Ryland all you want, but let’s not start grasping at straws and being melodramatic. Lol.

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WanderlustX3 »

I'm glad I'm not alone with my Ryland (Ryan?
Tf is his real name) feelings. I didn't mind him at first but the more I see of him the more I can't stand him. I don't think we'll ever understand what Shane sees in him. Maybe he's completely different off camera but on camera he just
seems so snobby and money hungry.

The drive thru situation: idk man, yeah it wasn't that bad but it was still rude. All he had to say was "Hi, I just came through a second ago and I'm missing one of my items" but instead he ordered more shit and said "and the burrito you forgot" in a bitchy tone. I've worked in fast food, as I'm sure most of us have, and no that statement wouldn't have ruined my day, but I probably would have rolled my eyes and muttered "asshole" under my breath :lol:

Edits are because of my inability to type.
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by ewokfan11 »

Isn't Ryan's dad a doctor?? I wonder what his parents really thought when he moved to LA to, ummmm, model(?), act(?), find a sugar-daddy(?) and changed his name??

There are 1000s of "Ryans" (male and female) who move to LA with no talent hoping to get rich and famous—or hook up with someone rich and famous.

Ryan was tolerable when he still worked for Clevver, but now his true money-hungry/fame-seeking colors are really showing through and he's becoming unwatchable. His last vlog was TERRIBLE and 13 minutes too long. Also, that calling the paps thing with Trish was vomit-inducing. Maybe Shane doesn't care that Ryan is only with him for the $$$ and fame?

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

ewokfan11 wrote:Isn't Ryan's dad a doctor?? I wonder what his parents really thought when he moved to LA to, ummmm, model(?), act(?), find a sugar-daddy(?) and changed his name??

There are 1000s of "Ryans" (male and female) who move to LA with no talent hoping to get rich and famous—or hook up with someone rich and famous.

Ryan was tolerable when he still worked for Clevver, but now his true money-hungry/fame-seeking colors are really showing through and he's becoming unwatchable. His last vlog was TERRIBLE and 13 minutes too long. Also, that calling the paps thing with Trish was vomit-inducing. Maybe Shane doesn't care that Ryan is only with him for the $$$ and fame?
I feel bad for Shane. He's insecure and probably feels like Ryland is the best he can get. Shane really deserves a better, more genuine partner.

Post by Guest »

Eh.. his tone reminds me of how my grandma or dad act to workers sometimes.. just word choicing & tone is enough to make me tell someone to change your fucking tone. It may not be "that" bad, but I never talk like that to people.. I always call people out for it though. Doesn't matter how bad it is.. not cool.

brokenheartxd
Talker
Talker

Post by brokenheartxd »

skittles wrote:Ryland was so rude during that. If I go through a drivethru and my order is slightly wrong I either 1) laugh it off and don’t even bother mentioning it or 2) go inside to correct it. The way he was like “and the burrito YOU forgot” is so annoying. Maybe when the person asked them to confirm everything on the screen was correct, Shane just said yes without realizing it was missing. And even if they forgot part of the order, why does Ryland need to take that tone?
I kinda wanna play devil's advocate for that one. I know everyone has a hate boner for Ryland now, but has anyone considered the drive thru worker may have been snarky first? Also, maybe he wasn't intending for his tone to come off that way, idk.

Return to “Shane Dawson”