Daddy Dawson Spits, Never Swallows (Part 7)

graciesea
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daddy Dawson Spits, Never Swallows (Part 7)

Post by graciesea »

the diss track about his boyfriend was actually funny.

truecorner

Post by truecorner »

Shane is someone who I think is very funny, however like all YouTubers he has made mistakes. I know this is a bit of a throwback, but that whole blackface thing still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think he meant anything by it, but he really should have known better. He still seems to get involved in a lot of drama which quite honestly doesn't mean much to me. He is a YouTuber who set the record for a lot of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

princessbubbl3gum
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by princessbubbl3gum »

His newest vlog was actually hilarious!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

vxxy
Learner
Learner

Post by vxxy »

I really loved the Vlog of them all at the amusement park Halloween thing!

But, am I the only one that just cringes so much at Shisa? Like his new video is just so ugh when they react to compilations of them..

luluguava
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luluguava »

vxxy wrote:I really loved the Vlog of them all at the amusement park Halloween thing!

But, am I the only one that just cringes so much at Shisa? Like his new video is just so ugh when they react to compilations of them..
I do too. It just always seems really obvious that she's still in love with him even though she's dating someone else and deep down wishes something would happen to rekindle the flame. Like she always tries just a little too hard to seem like she's okay with everything.

graciesea
Learner
Learner

Post by graciesea »

His podcast episode with bobby lee was actually funny! they had the same sense of kinda messed up humour so it wasnt too awkward. first episode I listened to in a long time!! meghan rienks is kinda awkward

Ace13
Debater
Debater

Post by Ace13 »

Shisa just makes me sad. Some things give people secondhand embarrassment them together gives me secondhand sadness. I guess it's nice that they're still friends but you can tell there is some kind of tension between them.

Ugh Meghan...

Cryptic
Informer
Informer

Post by Cryptic »

I feel bad for Lisa. When she was with Shane it seemed like he didn't treat her too good and had very little time for her while he seems to treat Ryan much better. Not only that but I can't get over his "buhuhu I'm bisexual" shit he pulled when coming out videos were trending because he wanted people to feel sooooo sorry for him. It especially pissed me off when he said he wished he was gay. Uhm, dude if you're actually bisexual you can choose to hide it, you can choose to only be with the opposite gender since you're attracted to women too, you have nothing to cry about. Gay people cannot do this, they're either forced to be with people they feel no attraction to or face constant discrimination for being in a relationship with a person of the same sex. But apparently Shane would rather want the latter. I don't think he's bad guy but sometimes he comes off as being rather self-centred and ignorant.

CrowRot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrowRot »

I like Shane, but sometimes he's an absolute fucking idiot when he says and does some of this shit. Then when he says dumb shit, he gets made when there are consequences. Thhhpppt.
"You're asking me why? I did it 'cause I was bored."

squirtlessquad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by squirtlessquad »

Cryptic wrote:I feel bad for Lisa. When she was with Shane it seemed like he didn't treat her too good and had very little time for her while he seems to treat Ryan much better. Not only that but I can't get over his "buhuhu I'm bisexual" shit he pulled when coming out videos were trending because he wanted people to feel sooooo sorry for him. It especially pissed me off when he said he wished he was gay. Uhm, dude if you're actually bisexual you can choose to hide it, you can choose to only be with the opposite gender since you're attracted to women too, you have nothing to cry about. Gay people cannot do this, they're either forced to be with people they feel no attraction to or face constant discrimination for being in a relationship with a person of the same sex. But apparently Shane would rather want the latter. I don't think he's bad guy but sometimes he comes off as being rather self-centred and ignorant.
Oh my god no. That's not how that works at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Cryptic wrote:Not only that but I can't get over his "buhuhu I'm bisexual" shit he pulled when coming out videos were trending because he wanted people to feel sooooo sorry for him. It especially pissed me off when he said he wished he was gay. Uhm, dude if you're actually bisexual you can choose to hide it, you can choose to only be with the opposite gender since you're attracted to women too, you have nothing to cry about. Gay people cannot do this, they're either forced to be with people they feel no attraction to or face constant discrimination for being in a relationship with a person of the same sex.
when he made that video, that's when he was ready to come out, so fuck you for saying he did it for attention and sympathy. and it's incredibly offensive that you even think that it's an option for bisexual folks to "hide" how they feel, or that they can in essence, turn off being bi to be straight-passing. that's not how any of it works and i really urge you to educate yourself.

Poniesftw
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Poniesftw »

someone brought up the Bobby Lee podcast... it was funny but my main take-away was Jess telling him to do whatever he wants- even drugs! while on the podcast after he literally JUST proudly announced many years sober... like girl... what is wrong with you? I watch on fullscreen and you could see how uncomfortable he was and mildly shocked that she would even say something like that, Shane made an insensitive remark too regarding sobriety and I think Bobby left feeling very disrespected. They are SOOOO beyond unprofessional but that's also why I watch...
We are all simply fans that can see through your bullsh*t.

Purple Blood
Informer
Informer

Post by Purple Blood »

Poniesftw wrote:someone brought up the Bobby Lee podcast... it was funny but my main take-away was Jess telling him to do whatever he wants- even drugs! while on the podcast after he literally JUST proudly announced many years sober... like girl... what is wrong with you? I watch on fullscreen and you could see how uncomfortable he was and mildly shocked that she would even say something like that, Shane made an insensitive remark too regarding sobriety and I think Bobby left feeling very disrespected. They are SOOOO beyond unprofessional but that's also why I watch...
Yeah,that was so fucked up,she literally told him to do meth again!
And she was so rude about his drug problem,when he mentioned that he auditioned for Stranger Things but didn't get the part she was like "so did you start doing drugs like you did the last time someone didn't like you?"

FallOut89
Informer
Informer

Post by FallOut89 »

Poniesftw wrote:someone brought up the Bobby Lee podcast... it was funny but my main take-away was Jess telling him to do whatever he wants- even drugs! while on the podcast after he literally JUST proudly announced many years sober... like girl... what is wrong with you? I watch on fullscreen and you could see how uncomfortable he was and mildly shocked that she would even say something like that, Shane made an insensitive remark too regarding sobriety and I think Bobby left feeling very disrespected. They are SOOOO beyond unprofessional but that's also why I watch...
look at the Eugenia Cooney one. same way

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Yup. And yet when crass remarks about Shane's past are turned back onto him, he gets on snapchat to mope about it. I was rolling my eyes at him whining about how he got roasted at the Streamys for blackface instead of praised for being on YT for 10+ years. You could even tell in the Streamys video during Jon's roast that Shane felt awkward. And sure, fine, that is an awkward thing to bring up and Shane should feel ashamed of his past when its brought up, but if he himself wants to be shocking and call out people's flaws for entertainment purposes on his podcast or in his videos, maybe he should learn how to handle it when it comes back around to him.

CrowRot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrowRot »

He was complaining about getting roasted for blackface? Lolololol. Boy, it's a thing you did. A ton of people have been on Youtube for a long-ass time. I don't know why he wants to be praised for mundane things like that, especially when a lot of his content recently has been him deep-frying barbies and making reaction videos. It's entertaining, but it's not award-winning humor.

Doing shitty things online is a thing that follows you for a long ass time. Tana Mongeau calling Imari the N-word, Jeffree Star screaming slurs at black women and calling a latina woman an ape, and Shane's blackface. Be shocking, sure, but embrace it and don't throw a fit when its thrown back in your face when you want to be an obnoxious twit online and say rude things to recovering addicts.
"You're asking me why? I did it 'cause I was bored."

pyroclitoral
Talker
Talker

Post by pyroclitoral »

I just want to add that... I think Shane could possibly be a compensatory narcissist. Not trying to diagnose him or anything, but just look at the definition:

"The basic trait of the Compensatory Narcissistic Personality Type is a pattern of overtly narcissistic behaviours (that) derive from an underlying sense of insecurity and weakness, rather than from genuine feelings of self-confidence and high self-esteem."

Cryptic
Informer
Informer

Post by Cryptic »

blindxfaith wrote:
Cryptic wrote:Not only that but I can't get over his "buhuhu I'm bisexual" shit he pulled when coming out videos were trending because he wanted people to feel sooooo sorry for him. It especially pissed me off when he said he wished he was gay. Uhm, dude if you're actually bisexual you can choose to hide it, you can choose to only be with the opposite gender since you're attracted to women too, you have nothing to cry about. Gay people cannot do this, they're either forced to be with people they feel no attraction to or face constant discrimination for being in a relationship with a person of the same sex.
when he made that video, that's when he was ready to come out, so fuck you for saying he did it for attention and sympathy. and it's incredibly offensive that you even think that it's an option for bisexual folks to "hide" how they feel, or that they can in essence, turn off being bi to be straight-passing. that's not how any of it works and i really urge you to educate yourself.
Yes, as a bisexual person I should educate myself about what being bisexual is like, I obviously have no clue. I never said anything about turning off being bisexual, that's obviously impossible since you can't turn off your attraction. it's about being able to make a choice. I can CHOOSE to only date the opposite gender and never tell anyone that I'm bisexual if I want to avoid discrimination, it's obviously not an ideal situation but unlike gay people I can at least I can stick the opposite gender and be fairly content with it. Shane wishing he was gay because it would be "easier" was a huge slap in the face to actual gay people and their struggles. It came off as attention and pity seeking to me due to the timing of the video and how overly dramatic he was about it. But sorry, next time I will make sure to defend a YT snowflake over an oppressed group of people, my bad.

princessbubbl3gum
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by princessbubbl3gum »

How does he make money? Surely YouTube doesn't allow him to have ads so how does he make money ?

Purple Blood
Informer
Informer

Post by Purple Blood »

princessbubbl3gum wrote:How does he make money? Surely YouTube doesn't allow him to have ads so how does he make money ?

He does get ads,if he didn't we would have heard about it

Return to “Shane Dawson”