Shane Dawson

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by allisoonnn »

I'm getting really sick of him putting himself in the thumbnails for the bomb.com videos and not even putting bomb.com in the title. So shady because he knows people won't click on it if they know its a bomb.com video. Even though he pretty much always has misleading titles, this is the only time those ever really bother me.

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by iainthatin »

allisoonnn wrote:I'm getting really sick of him putting himself in the thumbnails for the bomb.com videos and not even putting bomb.com in the title. So shady because he knows people won't click on it if they know its a bomb.com video. Even though he pretty much always has misleading titles, this is the only time those ever really bother me.

Couldn't possibly agree more with this.

It is so unbelievably annoying.

His whole entire excuse for the total shit bomb.com videos was "if you don't want to see them, then don't click on them"…

Well guess what Shane… when you put yourself in the thumbnail when you're not even hosting the video, and you don't denote that it's a bomb.com video in the title...

THEN WE CAN'T EFFECTIVELY DO THAT.

Put the girl on the thumbnail instead of yourself, that way we know to stay the f*ck away.

NOTHING against the girl… it's not about her. It's not her fault Shane thinks it's a good idea to have her in the videos.

It's not her fault the bomb.com videos are absolute total shit.

blahness
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blahness »

I swear Shane has some like weird thing maybe a contract with that girl or something she has recently been in a LOT of his videos even in Lisas and then now she does the dumbass bomb.com videos like what? I tried to watch some of her own videos and they were just boring to me too... I dont completely fault her though because she is young but snore fest

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Yeah those bomb.com videos are horrible, the only way I know it's them is if you can see "click here for alexis' video" in the little bit of description you get to see in the subscription box
I don't think Alexis is funny at all

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I definitely think he's like "signed" her or employed her or something along those lines. When she did the parent video with Shane and Lisa I looked into her channel and she and her mom moved to LA so she could peruse acting so she was definitely looking for work.

I don't find her funny at all but I think she does have an audience on youtube. Also she's 15 (I know she looks young) and its nice to her on her channel acting about that age not like a lot of the young gurus that try and act so much older.

MunsterCheese
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MunsterCheese »

iainthatin wrote:
allisoonnn wrote:I'm getting really sick of him putting himself in the thumbnails for the bomb.com videos and not even putting bomb.com in the title. So shady because he knows people won't click on it if they know its a bomb.com video. Even though he pretty much always has misleading titles, this is the only time those ever really bother me.
Couldn't possibly agree more with this.

It is so unbelievably annoying.

His whole entire excuse for the total shit bomb.com videos was "if you don't want to see them, then don't click on them"…

Well guess what Shane… when you put yourself in the thumbnail when you're not even hosting the video, and you don't denote that it's a bomb.com video in the title...

THEN WE CAN'T EFFECTIVELY DO THAT.

Put the girl on the thumbnail instead of yourself, that way we know to stay the f*ck away.

NOTHING against the girl… it's not about her. It's not her fault Shane thinks it's a good idea to have her in the videos.

It's not her fault the bomb.com videos are absolute total shit.
Well he said they'd be a Sunday thing, didn't he? Just don't watch the Sunday video then.

eatglitter
Talker
Talker

Post by eatglitter »

I don't find Alexis funny either. She tries WAY too hard.

gr4pefruits
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by gr4pefruits »

The sound of her voice irritates me.

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by iainthatin »

MunsterCheese wrote: Well he said they'd be a Sunday thing, didn't he? Just don't watch the Sunday video then.

Nah, I'm not gonna suddenly take up knowing what day it is just because Shane won't put the girl in the thumbnails instead of himself when he's not even the host of the vid.

It's simple, logical, and he needs to start doing it.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

I don't watch Shane's videos every day - more often than not I just let them pile up and watch them on the weekend and I'm not going to go through dates and try to figure out which one was posted on Sunday to try to avoid it. And really, if he's the one trying to avoid negative comments/ratings, he needs to do his part in that and give people an opportunity to avoid watching a video they don't want to see. I don't want to see him complain about negative comments he brings upon himself that he could very easily cut down on by letting people know what they're clicking on before they click it.

ihateliars
Talker
Talker

Post by ihateliars »

omg I knowI was tricked because I thought I was gonna watch Shane make fun of Miley's ratchetness :? I was so confused when I saw a girl doing the video!!

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

Hm. He deleted or privated this Sunday's bomb.com video & didn't upload anything yesterday. Weird.

NoTVYTGal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NoTVYTGal »

allisoonnn wrote:Hm. He deleted or privated this Sunday's bomb.com video & didn't upload anything yesterday. Weird.
I saw Shane made a comment on that video basically saying 'Hate all you want, I don't care'. I guess he does care...

I noticed most of the comments were complaints saying they were tricked into watching the video.
I made the same comment then unsubscribed to his channel. I'm a new subscriber so no biggie. Figured Id check out his channel if someone I know liked a vid of his :|

wake
Informer
Informer

Post by wake »

He supposedly got a strike against his channel.
NoTVYTGal wrote:
allisoonnn wrote:Hm. He deleted or privated this Sunday's bomb.com video & didn't upload anything yesterday. Weird.
I saw Shane made a comment on that video basically saying 'Hate all you want, I don't care'. I guess he does care...
LOL, really? Are you sure it wasn't a poser?

I'm guessing everyone heard about his 50 dollar sunglasses.

NoTVYTGal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NoTVYTGal »

No, it was from Shane's account with 3Mil subs.. had over 100 thumbs up

gossipgg
Debater
Debater

Post by gossipgg »

The video says that Youtube deleted for violating copyright something or other.

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

i've been watching shane from the start.
so 5 years i have known about him and it's crazy how popular he has gotten.
a couple months ago i stopped watching him though.
when he first started doing daily vlogs i loved it and then i stopped watching his main channel videos because they just weren't the same anymore.
then after a while i just stopped watching his vlogs. most of the time it was because i didn't like who he hung out with and then i just didn't like watching him anymore. he had changed so much.

he's so different now i just don't like it. he does all these dumb songs and he tries to be someone he's not.
i liked when shane would upload a video on saturdays and then right after he would go live on blogtv and he was hilarious.
he is just naturally funny but now i feel like he's trying too hard.

shane definitely has deep issues and i get that but i just wish he would be himself and stop molding himself to someone he's not.
though, i'm really proud of him and how far he has gotten i think he deserves it all.

and also like someone said his viewers grow up with him he needs to stop going backwards. i hate that he caters to the same age group over and over. you're getting older and so are your viewers.
formerly known as ashhbby

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MDNA »

He used to do those really funny sketches with Miley, Shanynay and others,.. they were freaking awesome. I can't remember the last time he made a video like that anymore, where I actually laughted.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

I was surprised how I enjoyed his new XMas music video; normally his music video makes me cringe but this time I pretty like the message.
Credit:amazingfiru

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by iainthatin »

I'm gonna be honest. I love Shane. I've even found Shane sexually attractive at times, mainly when he was scruffy and wearing plaid and that hat thingy. Shane is a good looking guy.

And as we all know, he wasn't always. It can be hard to adjust when you do find yourself in a paradigm where you're good looking… when you used to be super fat or otherwise not hot.

I can't blame him for having issues from that but it's about time he got used to it. What I'm really trying to say is… he comes off as slightly gay. And I don't think he is. And I don't think people like that 'look' on him. If you took a poll, they would choose a rugged and sexy Shane over this.

Having said that, I don't actually think Shane is gay. I really don't. I just think Shane needs to be comfortable with who he is now, and open up to it, and don't be afraid to be sexy.

I believe in you, Shane.

Return to “Shane Dawson”