Shane Dawson

sweetpeam
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by sweetpeam »

I actually liked both of Shane's and Lisa's parody's today. They made me laugh haha

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Shane actually talked about how much he spends on making his main channel videos - upwards of $20,000/month - all out of his own pocket (so clearly he's earning a good income from all his channels, since he has the nice apartment with Lisa, he still owns the house his mom lives in, etc.). He talks about it at 6:19 -

[youtube][/youtube]

mulledwine
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mulledwine »

I feel like an idiot when I ask this but is Shane gay? Is he really together with Lisa? Did he actually date Joey Graceffa? I am quite new to Shane's channel(s) and I just feel confused...

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

^ he is not gay, he is dating Lisa, he and joey never went out lol. he just gets asked that a lot so it's a running joke.
imma ball til the day i fall

mulledwine
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by mulledwine »

Angie V wrote:^ he is not gay, he is dating Lisa, he and joey never went out lol. he just gets asked that a lot so it's a running joke.
haha, okay! thank you ^^

gr4pefruits
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by gr4pefruits »

Just watched the Shane Dawson & Onision kiss again lol. It's funny to think there used to be a time in which Shane was nervous about kissing someone of the same sex. Then again, it was probably because this "someone" was Onision. He be all kinds of creepy.

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

Does anyone know what went down with him and Qaadir(timaya)? He was in a bunch of Shane's videos and then that stopped. Then he put out that video about 'youtube shade' which talked about how vicious and fake youtubers are and how alot of them were 'unpopular in HS and were weirdos and swinging their power around'. It was obvious he was talking about Shane. I wonder what exactly went down?

tinatat
Talker
Talker

Post by tinatat »

GossipTard wrote:Videos with JoeyGraceffa are getting irritating. I don't even think Joey LIKES doing collab videos with Shane anymore. He's always giving Shane a blank stare and an awkward laugh like he doesn't know what to do or how to respond. It's weird. IDK, just my observation.
I totally agree! It just seems so forced. I do feel that Joey can't keep up with Shane's humour. Admittingly, his humour would get tiring to anyone but I just don't think Joey is a particularly witty person. Regardless, I am so over it (never was into it!) and I feel like they are too. They're just in it for the views.

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

I cant stand what he does to his dog. Ive never been subscribed to him and just know him from joeys vlogs but thats totally enough for me. I cant sit through them.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Fairycake wrote:I cant stand what he does to his dog.
I understand the cringey humor that goes into sexualizing a dog, but the shtick is getting a bit uncomfortable. Corny looks so confused and frightened in every video she's in. :(

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

makeupnewbie wrote:Does anyone know what went down with him and Qaadir(timaya)? He was in a bunch of Shane's videos and then that stopped. Then he put out that video about 'youtube shade' which talked about how vicious and fake youtubers are and how alot of them were 'unpopular in HS and were weirdos and swinging their power around'. It was obvious he was talking about Shane. I wonder what exactly went down?
Who knows but Qaadir probably saw how Shane uses people & is catty, so he wanted to stay away from that (as he mentioned in the video). Shane has already exploited Shanna and black stereotypes, he was looking to do that to Qaadir by the type of things he was saying to/about him.

eleventhirty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by eleventhirty »

Fairycake wrote:I cant stand what he does to his dog. Ive never been subscribed to him and just know him from joeys vlogs but thats totally enough for me. I cant sit through them.

I hate what he did to his cat.. Squeezing her ribs (hard) to make her squeak responses like a toy. Dropping her into the garbage bin in one video - she snacked her jaw in the edge when he dropped her. You could tell by her face and ears she was terrified.

He's a giant douche. I haven't watched him in years and never will again.

herpderpin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by herpderpin »

What the hell? I could never imagine treating my animals that way!

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

Sarai wrote:
makeupnewbie wrote:Does anyone know what went down with him and Qaadir(timaya)? He was in a bunch of Shane's videos and then that stopped. Then he put out that video about 'youtube shade' which talked about how vicious and fake youtubers are and how alot of them were 'unpopular in HS and were weirdos and swinging their power around'. It was obvious he was talking about Shane. I wonder what exactly went down?
Who knows but Qaadir probably saw how Shane uses people & is catty, so he wanted to stay away from that (as he mentioned in the video). Shane has already exploited Shanna and black stereotypes, he was looking to do that to Qaadir by the type of things he was saying to/about him.
How does he use people? Do you think he and Shanna's friendship is real?

AshleyNicole
Lurker
Lurker

Post by AshleyNicole »

Random Rant about Shane.
I started watching at the start of 2010 and thought he was so funny and different and he joked about controversial topics which made him stand out, then his sketches became lame and he started doing daily vlogs and they were sooooo good, then he lost those friends around the time Lisa and him moved in together but his videos were still okay. My problem is that he is still doing the same old videos he was doing three years ago! except now he has challenge videos and gaming videos to clearly boost views, nothing original. Also I remember seeing a vlog when Joey met shane and was wowed and shane literally could not have given two fucks about Joey, but now he's youtubes hottest things and shane is clinging on to stay relevant, Shane used to appeal to the teens because of his justin bieberish look when he was around 19 but now he's a a grown man and he needs to cut it out with the "I'm 25 even though you though i was 12" NO ONE THINKS THAT YOU'RE 12 SHANE! to a 12 year old kid you're just some creepy "man" who makes videos with the dreamy Joey. lol
He needs to drop the TV show idea, he became famous from youtube because kids stopped watching tv and found the internet, he striving to take a step backwards.
His jokes are all the same- black people, being gay, diarrhea and repeat.
I'm glad he's original music streak has paused, I can only listen to his whiny voice for so long. He has made a living out of hating on celebs but as soon as someone hates on him or lisa and gets pissed and calls them haters and then makes a video about trying to bring each other up, he's so bitter and jealous it's ridiculous. He needs to take a break and start fresh.

sorry about the rant, this had built up over three years, I would include more but my fingers hurt lol <3

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

eleventhirty wrote:
Fairycake wrote:I cant stand what he does to his dog. Ive never been subscribed to him and just know him from joeys vlogs but thats totally enough for me. I cant sit through them.

I hate what he did to his cat.. Squeezing her ribs (hard) to make her squeak responses like a toy. Dropping her into the garbage bin in one video - she snacked her jaw in the edge when he dropped her. You could tell by her face and ears she was terrified.

He's a giant douche. I haven't watched him in years and never will again.
This makes me sad. What a horrible person.

Poniesftw
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Poniesftw »

an old YouTube friend of Shane, "Onision", posted the following about him as part of a looooong rant:
Lastly, Shane Dawson.

- I’ve already been very clear in the past about how I felt about Shane Dawson and how he treated me after he vocally said “we’re friends” to me, hung out with me repeatedly etc. only to do much of the same things as Cyr & DeeFizzy did, as described above. (accused them of being fake and frequently using people)

- Shane explained to me recently that he was in a bad place when all that went down, and he was very apologetic. He showed me true promise that he’s changed as a person & is better off now. I don’t ever want to be Shane’s friend again, but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect him being willing to admit what he did & prove to me that not only does he realize he was wrong, but show that he, not will, but in fact HAS, changed.

- Shane used to talk behind most everyone’s backs, he told me over dinner he thought a mutual friend of ours, TonyV, was a drug abuser & was sexually attracted to Shane. I later told TonyV what he said (didn’t mention the drug abuse part because I forgot about it) and TonyV was appreciative of me informing him. Shane however also commented on how he used to be a poor friend in that way in his recent email, and showed remorse.

- After apologizing Shane tried to point out my flaws, but all he could come up with was that I publicly called him out and said I was rude to the waiter at one of the restaurants we went to (I don’t make eye contact with a lot of people who I don’t plan on getting to know, people consider that to be rude, but I do tip well etc). I pointed out that being called out isn’t a bad thing if you’re being called out justifiably/honestly by someone who knows you personally —- I followed that up by saying/implying that friends you’ve screwed over, publicly calling you out isn’t a bad thing unless you don’t want people to know the truth about how you really are with friendships. He chose not to argue with me on that issue and we ended the conversation rather well.
If you don't know of Onision, consider yourself lucky and keep it that way. His entire rant was extremely hypocritical.

I think Shane has been a bad friend in the past, that's pretty obvious given hardly any of his old crew like him anymore, and I don't see any proof that he's changed in anyway given his continued lack of friends other than Lisa. It makes me sad really, growing up being bullied can screw with your social skills, especially when you find yourself suddenly on the opposite side of that... Shane is still so clueless about the way his audience perceives him, thinking that we like his hair, view him as a teenager, and want him to be gay with Joey. He has a lot of growing up to do, and I think Lisa is enabling him in a way, she lets him sleep in and caters to his every need like his mother would. I consider Lisa a responsible adult and I hope that rubs off on Shane eventually! Man up already!!!
We are all simply fans that can see through your bullsh*t.

animoanimo12123
Learner
Learner

Post by animoanimo12123 »

Poniesftw wrote:an old YouTube friend of Shane, "Onision", posted the following about him as part of a looooong rant:
Lastly, Shane Dawson.

- I’ve already been very clear in the past about how I felt about Shane Dawson and how he treated me after he vocally said “we’re friends” to me, hung out with me repeatedly etc. only to do much of the same things as Cyr & DeeFizzy did, as described above. (accused them of being fake and frequently using people)

- Shane explained to me recently that he was in a bad place when all that went down, and he was very apologetic. He showed me true promise that he’s changed as a person & is better off now. I don’t ever want to be Shane’s friend again, but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect him being willing to admit what he did & prove to me that not only does he realize he was wrong, but show that he, not will, but in fact HAS, changed.

- Shane used to talk behind most everyone’s backs, he told me over dinner he thought a mutual friend of ours, TonyV, was a drug abuser & was sexually attracted to Shane. I later told TonyV what he said (didn’t mention the drug abuse part because I forgot about it) and TonyV was appreciative of me informing him. Shane however also commented on how he used to be a poor friend in that way in his recent email, and showed remorse.

- After apologizing Shane tried to point out my flaws, but all he could come up with was that I publicly called him out and said I was rude to the waiter at one of the restaurants we went to (I don’t make eye contact with a lot of people who I don’t plan on getting to know, people consider that to be rude, but I do tip well etc). I pointed out that being called out isn’t a bad thing if you’re being called out justifiably/honestly by someone who knows you personally —- I followed that up by saying/implying that friends you’ve screwed over, publicly calling you out isn’t a bad thing unless you don’t want people to know the truth about how you really are with friendships. He chose not to argue with me on that issue and we ended the conversation rather well.
If you don't know of Onision, consider yourself lucky and keep it that way. His entire rant was extremely hypocritical.

I think Shane has been a bad friend in the past, that's pretty obvious given hardly any of his old crew like him anymore, and I don't see any proof that he's changed in anyway given his continued lack of friends other than Lisa. It makes me sad really, growing up being bullied can screw with your social skills, especially when you find yourself suddenly on the opposite side of that... Shane is still so clueless about the way his audience perceives him, thinking that we like his hair, view him as a teenager, and want him to be gay with Joey. He has a lot of growing up to do, and I think Lisa is enabling him in a way, she lets him sleep in and caters to his every need like his mother would. I consider Lisa a responsible adult and I hope that rubs off on Shane eventually! Man up already!!!
The thing is onision is a dick head

MunsterCheese
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MunsterCheese »

Shane tweets this, plus has the preview on his vlog for tomorows video. The internet explodes thinking Shane proposed. Shane insists he didn't. Bad liar or good publicity stunt?

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

MunsterCheese wrote:Shane tweets this, plus has the preview on his vlog for tomorows video. The internet explodes thinking Shane proposed. Shane insists he didn't. Bad liar or good publicity stunt?

It's planned to be on his main channel, so it's probably part of a skit or something (like they acted it out as part of a cut scene). That's my best guess. He pulls this stuff too often that I'd be shocked if he actually proposed.

Return to “Shane Dawson”