Shane Dawson

Locked
iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1021
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:09 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by iainthatin »

Hippo wrote: No one is saying she should be arrested. Freedom of speech means you can't be prosecuted for what you say, it doesn't mean freedom from criticism. Moron.

Glad you're smart enough to at least realize that...

So everybody go ahead and be butthurt all day and night over Shanna's freedom of creativity...

It just makes you look like overly sensitive armchair warriors salivating over the hottest controversy du jour.

(Which is exactly what they wanted when they made the video. It's akin to real life trolling and damn was it ever successful.)

Muahahaha...

God bless America.

melapic
Talker
Talker
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by melapic »

Sarai wrote:...
Just remmeber this iainthatin person is the same person that constantly admits her/his atraction and fantasies about Grav3yardgirl. :?
And that Harriet Tubman video was Shanna Malcolm's ultimate level of complete coonery. ( I know its an offensive word but when someone of your own race is willing to stoop so low what else can you say?) I really wish her and shane would disappear from youtube. :-x

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1021
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:09 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by iainthatin »

melapic wrote:
Sarai wrote:...
Just remmeber this iainthatin person is the same person that constantly admits her/his atraction and fantasies about Grav3yardgirl.

I'm so honored that you remember this minuscule tidbit about me! Thanks! I haven't had 'special feelings' for Bunny in a while but... someday. Someday.

Regardless, I'm glad I'm getting flack for standing up for the rights of Americans. All it tells me is that I'm correct. What boggles my mind is why you anti-American people are still in this country... (Assuming you folks on this thread butthurt over Shanna's personal acting choices are American.)

You guys should check out Kazakhstan. I hear it's super nice this time of year and EVERYONE gets to express their opinion over there, no holds barred.

melapic
Talker
Talker
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by melapic »

If we don't respond to her, she might go away.

chachacha17
Learner
Learner
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:01 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by chachacha17 »

Allie wrote:Shane should seriously get another job. There was a time when I watched all his videos and found them funny and awesome but that was like 3-4 years back. Now he is an annoying, unfunny, stupid prick. His videos got disgusting and I do not even smile, let alone laugh, when I watch them. In fact I have stopped watching them. I come across a new video every now and then but cannot even watch it through because it simply is not entertaining. I don't know why he still has so many followers? The name Shane Dawson doesn't make me think of comedy anymore or entertainment, it is not standing for that anymore, it rather makes me think of misleading titles and links to gain more views, being horny for money and producing a lot of TRASH.
Agreed. He use to make good videos like in 2009 and 2010. His humor has gotten even more potty mouth and in his skits he tries wayyy to hard to be funny that all his jokes are about sex and death and has gotten tired he needs to stop. He also does those annoying music videos and he can't sing for shit. His minions will hurt you if you critique or question him it is like a cult. Also, his fans are pretty immature and young so this appeals to them . Some of them are even 9! These kids have terrible parents I'm just saying
I unsubbed along time ago
Shane, grow up and get a REAL job

iainthatin
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1021
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:09 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by iainthatin »

melapic wrote:If we don't respond to her, she might go away.

Okay cutie...

I'll stop being a meanie-meanie boo-boo and leave you freedom haters alone...

<3

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 647
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:49 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by CherryCake »

iainthatin wrote:
melapic wrote:
Sarai wrote:...
Just remmeber this iainthatin person is the same person that constantly admits her/his atraction and fantasies about Grav3yardgirl.

I'm so honored that you remember this minuscule tidbit about me! Thanks! I haven't had 'special feelings' for Bunny in a while but... someday. Someday.

Regardless, I'm glad I'm getting flack for standing up for the rights of Americans. All it tells me is that I'm correct. What boggles my mind is why you anti-American people are still in this country... (Assuming you folks on this thread butthurt over Shanna's personal acting choices are American.)

You guys should check out Kazakhstan. I hear it's super nice this time of year and EVERYONE gets to express their opinion over there, no holds barred.
What does criticizing Shanna or Shane have anything to do with being anti-American? You are so confused, it's sad really. People are allowed to feel offended over that video. How is that "anti-American"? Seriously. Get a grip.
Image

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 4807
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:58 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by manged »

iainthatin wrote:
manged wrote: Yes. Thanks for bringing that up, actually. As Chescaleigh put it, she has an entire channel devoted to shucking and jiving to her predominantly white audience. And when she stars in other YT videos, she is again reduced to 'big black woman doing big black women things'.

You wanna try that again, Honey?


Not sure what we're "trying"...

You sound mad...

You mad?

Too bad it's a free country and Shanna's right to do whatever she wants (within the law) is protected because Shanna is a FREE woman.

*shrug*

Not sure why you'd be so mad about that.
Did I use any form of exclamation or profanity in my response to indicate that I am mad? All I've done is present evidence and logic, while the only thing you can come up with is 'LULZ Y U MAD? Y U SO SENSITIVE? ITS JUST JOKEZ! IT FREE COUNTRY!' I'd say that you're the one getting emotional because you realize you don't have a leg to stand on.

I'll consider your stance once you approach with a solid argument refuting the points I've already stated (no one said she should be punished by law, so I don't know why you brought it up). Until then, you can still have that seat I offered you. ;)

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 4807
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:58 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by manged »

melapic wrote:If we don't respond to her, she might go away.
Yup! I prefer trolls that are a little more creative with their comebacks; this one's weak. I'll give it the chance to redeem itself with some more entertaining replies, but another equivalent of "You mad" is not worth our time.

Kandake
Informer
Informer
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:59 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by Kandake »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 9LuGd8-vNE

I know he is talking about Shane and his clique. He was involved with Shane when he lived in LA and notice how this vid came up when the drama happened. He basically called them monsters, said they are not who they say they are and threw a lot of shade. Youtube is such a mess.
Image H A L C Y O N

"Breathe your smoke into my lungs| In the back of the car with you I stare into the sun| Still not too old to die young"

(◕ω◕)o(>.<)o(♥o♥)

yummycinnamoncereal
Talker
Talker
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:49 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by yummycinnamoncereal »

Very interesting to watch. I remember a short period of time in Shane's vlogs where he appeared often. Do you remember who his other friends were on Youtube at the time? He keeps referring to a group of girls and all I can remember him interacting with were Shane and Shanna.

danarenee
Learner
Learner
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by danarenee »

I remember he worked with Bree Essrig on a movie or some short film production back when he hung out with the Shane clique.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 5976
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by illegal_mind »

to me, it seemed like the girls he was referring to are beauty gurus. i've only ever seen him in shane's vlogs, and shanna and bree and steve would be there. he was probably referring to shane's group, but it seemed like beauty gurus were the girls he was referring to mainly. not sure if he was friends with any beauty gurus tho. but when he said about girls being nerds in high school and not being popular back then and being mocked or bullied for it and now being popular on youtube and being like bitches (with lack of a better word), for some reason, bree essrig was the first person that came to mind
The Internet knows all your secrets
Image

troncat
Informer
Informer
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by troncat »

I remember he was in one of Elle Fowler's vlogs when they had a party at their house, so I assume he's talking about that group of giggling idiots. Bree and Shane are also friend's with the Fowlers so I assume it's all interconnected.
ImageImage

ihateliars
Talker
Talker
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by ihateliars »

melapic wrote:
Sarai wrote:...
Just remmeber this iainthatin person is the same person that constantly admits her/his atraction and fantasies about Grav3yardgirl. :?
And that Harriet Tubman video was Shanna Malcolm's ultimate level of complete coonery. ( I know its an offensive word but when someone of your own race is willing to stoop so low what else can you say?) I really wish her and shane would disappear from youtube. :-x
:jd: :barf:

Jess0713
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:59 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by Jess0713 »

I agree that the Selena Gomez spoof is very annoying (then again, don't care for the original song either). Are people really buying this shit on iTunes?? Who would want to blast a spoof in their car? Don't understand.
Image

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2761
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by Sarai »

Love Qaadir. I felt like Shane was trying to use him like he does Shanna as a "sassy black friend". Glad he got out of there...
Image

olivebranch
Talker
Talker
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:59 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson

Post by olivebranch »

Kleineganz wrote:This discussion of Shane's jokes makes me want to share this classic from George Carlin. Call him disgusting if you like, but to me he's still a comedy great.

[youtube][/youtube]
I don't think it's fair to compare Shane to Carlin, because Carlin's audience were adults, whereas Shane's audience is mostly tweens and teens. Having such a young audience has helped him gain immense success, but it also means he has more responsibility and is subject to more criticism. Rightfully so in my opinion. Plus come on, Shane is nowhere near on the level as Carlin. Love him or hate him Carlin was a genius, & Shane typically goes for the bare bottom of comedy.

All in all, I find Shane to be utterly racist and sexist. He uses black stereotypes to gain popularity & Chesca makes a great point that one day his young audience will grow up to be voters and people w/ power & may carry these harmful stereotype with them. It's scary to think about.

Locked

Return to “Shane Dawson”