General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

horrorwriter
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by horrorwriter »

Something I don't understand is if Shane was serious about becoming a director why didn't he go to school for it? I understand college is not for everyone but once he made a career off of youtube, I would have thought he'd go to school and try to advance in the world. I understood after high school he didn't, even though he probably would receive grants I don't so I'm all loans. So I get not going to school right after high school for him but what is holding him back now?

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

horrorwriter wrote:Something I don't understand is if Shane was serious about becoming a director why didn't he go to school for it? I understand college is not for everyone but once he made a career off of youtube, I would have thought he'd go to school and try to advance in the world. I understood after high school he didn't, even though he probably would receive grants I don't so I'm all loans. So I get not going to school right after high school for him but what is holding him back now?
Well like you said he had no money back then. Plus we have absolutely no idea how he actually did in high school. For all we know he had a really low GPA. If that were the case then he would have to go to a CC instead of an actual university. I get the impression that due to is background and the fact that he claims to have gone to a low income school it isn't hard to believe that he wasn't a very good student.

What stops him from going now? Money still probably. Only now not because he has none but because he has so many and it has blinded him a bit. It is pretty obvious that going to college would be "beneath him" in his mind. Not to mention that it would be awkward being the guy that pissed off so many people in Hollywood before having a career, even though in his mind he will think he already has a huge one...

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by Lydia Deetz »

It always annoys me how he rags on younger youtubers for dropping out of / not going to college, when he didn't go to college. A lot of youtubers in his age group have degrees and went to college, he acts like he is part of that group. Just another thing he thinks he is above even though he does the shit he makes fun of (didn't go to college, wrote a book, collabs and challenge videos, etc.)
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

RosieLo
Stalker
Stalker

Post by RosieLo »

I'm new to this forum, so hey ^-^

One thing that stuck in ,my head was when in Shane's latest vid (Online Dating) he says, "all of my friends are on the same level as me (looks wise). Felt like that was a weird thing to say, especially in a video.

For all we know, it's probably something Shane tells himself to boost his own ego. And it kind of re-enforces what someone said earlier about Shane not wanting to hang around people more attractive then him.

Booboo2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Booboo2 »

Didn't someone say Shane is supporting his mom? Maybe that why he can't afford college lol

Sired2Damon
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Sired2Damon »

Teresa Yaw supports herself now. Shane sold the huge house he use to film in and bought his mother a smaller house to maintain... He does love his mother but I still feel so. Sad for Lisa. She was sooo in love with him and now sadly it transpires he was just ambling along...keeping stuff from her. I've only watched Shane for a few yrs now but the change in him I don't like. His videos have no work to them and obviously he cant be arsed anymore and Trisha is just a vile bint.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

I think the personality change has to do with the fact that when he started youtube he clearly had no real aspirations or drive. Yes he wanted to make films and be an actor. That doesn't mean he had any idea of how to go about it. I mean he wanted he wanted to be on Disney Channel. That is about all he knew outside of wanting to be an actor, lets be real though he wanted to be famous more than anything... :roll:

What has changed now? He actually does have aspirations and dreams (still doesn't seem to have any drive) but he isn't going to achieve them. At least not with how he has gone about his "career". When he was on The Chair, he focused on winning. That is all he cared about. He had no interest in learning anything. Why do a show like that and not want to learn anything? That was the entire point of the competition. Instead he played it "safe". He should have realized he would have won regardless due to his dumb ass fangirls, so he should have took the advice of the people around him and attempted to make a good movie instead of making a 90 something minute youtube video. Now he is back to being stuck in the same position as before.

I don't understand why people prefer his humor now. All it is his him being a pervert because he doesn't give a damn anymore about his audience and bored while being sarcastic. He maybe takes all of five minutes to prepare for the content he makes now. You can tell when he started it was at least a few hours of working on it at the very least...

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lydia Deetz »

I think his stupid quiz videos piss me off the most. He is literally just sitting there taking a stupid Facebook quiz and narrating like a sassy drag queen. Absolutely no effort at all in any of his content, except maybe the podcast.
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

KittySenpai
Talker
Talker

Post by KittySenpai »

deltanu2 wrote: -Shane gets his ego stroked and literally nobody watching on yahoo gives a damn because if you have ever seen Yahoo comments it is a bunch of bitter conservatives against anything to do with the LGBT community...
lol irl because this is so true :rofl: yahoo article comments are sometimes even worse than youtube comments, and that's really saying a lot. they could have appealed to their current demographic with a more appropriate title. Something like: "First they take our guns...now they take our marriage! Shane Dawson weighs in on the gay disease running rampant through youtube."
RosieLo wrote: One thing that stuck in ,my head was when in Shane's latest vid (Online Dating) he says, "all of my friends are on the same level as me (looks wise). Felt like that was a weird thing to say, especially in a video.
somewhere, off in the distance, gigi gorgeous just spat out her venti starbucks frappuccino in disbelief

but seriously, I would be offended as hell if I was his friend lmao. he's either deluded and thinks he's hot, or he just low key called all his friends uggos.

also :wel: !

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

KittySenpai wrote:
deltanu2 wrote: -Shane gets his ego stroked and literally nobody watching on yahoo gives a damn because if you have ever seen Yahoo comments it is a bunch of bitter conservatives against anything to do with the LGBT community...
lol irl because this is so true :rofl: yahoo article comments are sometimes even worse than youtube comments, and that's really saying a lot. they could have appealed to their current demographic with a more appropriate title. Something like: "First they take our guns...now they take our marriage! Shane Dawson weighs in on the gay disease running rampant through youtube."
Yeah apparently all the people who watch Fox News use Yahoo. I guess it makes sense, hotmail or whatever it is called now is owned by MSN and the news on there is powered by MSNBC which is liberal... :rofl: It scares me to go on the comments for yahoo though. They make Shane and Trisha seem like sainted individuals. :? If you are anti gay, a racist, a devout Christian (sorry Catholics don't count to these people :roll: ), are for gun use, and hate the Democrats then the Yahoo comments are for you. :tu: :rofl:

iwillstay
Learner
Learner

Post by iwillstay »

I can't believe Shane and Anna's careers have both been negatively affected by "The Chair." Shane's because his movie was critically panned and barely made a cent.
And Anna, where do I begin? She had good reviews from all the top critics that reviewed her film. She's delusional, blaming sexism for her not being able to make it in the business. Based on what I can understand from her incoherent ramblings on twitter, she had a few internships which didn't materialize into anything. At NYU, her department head didn't like her because "she fell in love" with one of her professors. Duh, who's fault is that? If you show don't professionalism at school they have no reason to vouch for you. Based on personal experience, if you leave a good impression the people you work with they'll help you the best they can. It just seems she blames huge societal issues on her failures, when it's probably her own doing.
Sorry to rant on this topic but I was really excited for "The Chair" and everyone involved just makes me mad.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

Maybe The Chair producers were looking for two nuts that they could exploit for good drama? As apposed to two people who actually had drive and passion. We know Shane has neither. Like I said, Shane wants to be an A-list celebrity on the same level of a Disney Channel (Miley, Selena, Hilary, Lindsey, Britney Spears, Zac Efron). He thinks that 9 years of youtube is the same thing as 4 years of college/ film school, interning and busting your ass, and being a starving artist. No instead he went from being offensive to just not giving a damn and being a pervert while making at the minimum half a million a year... But remember youtube is the same as learning the craft of film and acting... (and it is not just him who thinks this...)

Anna just seems like another type of nut. She has the education and knew how to make the script appeal to an audience other than just Shane's crazy fans. She could have taken the fact that she was praised and for what she did and used that to her advantage. Instead she is doing everything a typical nut does when their work isn't praised. Now yes there is sexism in Hollywood but the women who tend to bring it up and bitch about it tend not to put themselves in a positive and sympathetic light. Maybe it played apart behind the scenes for the movie but the reality is she didn't have a shot because it was Shane who was up against her. It could have been fucking lazy ass Zoella she was up against and she still would have lost.

lalal0ve
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lalal0ve »

I wonder which one of friends hooked him up with weed? Has to be a dude as he said "his" and "he" when reffering to that friend. I know it's not a big deal I'm just curious

wake
Informer
Informer

Post by wake »

lalal0ve wrote:I wonder which one of friends hooked him up with weed? Has to be a dude as he said "his" and "he" when reffering to that friend. I know it's not a big deal I'm just curious
His brother owns a vape shop so I'm sure it was him.

iwillstay
Learner
Learner

Post by iwillstay »

deltanu2 wrote:Maybe The Chair producers were looking for two nuts that they could exploit for good drama? As apposed to two people who actually had drive and passion.
Yes exactly everything you said I agree with. And they both knew the risks when signing on, especially Anna because I believe her husband said he worked in reality. That camp thought they was smart enough manipulate their story, it was hilarious to her their private conversations trying. Although we've seen it a million times before and they both needed a harsh reality check, it's just really sad to see people's real life be so affected by this nonsense.

zalfiephan9

Post by zalfiephan9 »

Like you said though they knew what they were signing up for. At least they had to have an idea. It was a reality show. If Shane or Anna honestly think that they can manipulate themselves into looking normal on one then they are nuts. They sign away their lives while one on. The producers will edit together things in order to make it appear one way when it is really another.

sixpigeons
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sixpigeons »

I hate his weed video he has to be lying when he says he can't get drunk and that all those different forms of weed didn't work. But it's really weird that someone would even lie about that. He also says how he never done drugs before but I mean what does he thin pain killers are then? I mean even in past videos when he said he took "pain killers" which were probably just advil and the like, he acted like he was high and it was super annoying.

Booboo2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Booboo2 »

Gigi just wears a shitload of makeup, she isn't hot naturally. There was a photo of her without makeup in the Gigi thread and she looks nasty. Lisa really isn't that pretty either, doesn't anyone watch her snaps? She just looks average in most of them. And his other friends Trisha and drew are obviously not hotter than him lol

Also weed is easy to get in California so it could've been literally anyone, lmao what does it matter, it's just weed ? Why does he make it a big deal.

Booboo2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Booboo2 »

Lydia Deetz wrote:I think his stupid quiz videos piss me off the most. He is literally just sitting there taking a stupid Facebook quiz and narrating like a sassy drag queen. Absolutely no effort at all in any of his content, except maybe the podcast.
I don't think the amount of effort someone puts into something always makes a difference. I think he's funny when he's not trying so hard. Just my opinion. I don't like when he does forced comedy like his skits or the movie.

I mean him and that girl on the chair both worked hard at their movies but they both turned out hunks of shit, so?

satansbabe
Informer
Informer

Post by satansbabe »

I'm thinking Trisha gave him the weed. Doesn't her mom have a medical card now? And Trisha has hinted at smoking weed herself.

Return to “Shane Dawson”