General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Locked
ChemoSobby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1140
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 12:54 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by ChemoSobby »

Actually Shane just turned 27 a couple of days ago, but your point is well taken. He has done this and almost nothing else in the way of a living for all of his adult life and if he isn't happy with it he could take college classes or try to find an actual job, but his ego is way too fragile for him to get out of his comfort zone. He's likely going to be a broke, bitter thirtysomething within five years because he can't adjust to the changing nature of the entertainment business and reinvent himself the way successful entertainers do and he has no real skills to survive outside of making videos. If he'd been able to make it in mainstream Hollywood he would have done it by now so he needs to take a serious look at his life and figure out how he's going to support himself when the youtube gravy train comes to an end (and it will).
Behold the field in which I grow my fucks. Lay thine eyes upon it and thou shalt see that it is barren.

Booboo2
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by Booboo2 »

Jesus, if Shane isn't considered successful at all then I'm a total loser, lol. I don't know how old you guys are but I think you might realize as you get older that the average person really doesn't accomplish that much by 27. He's written a book and been pretty successful on you tube and directed a movie (yes maybe a bad one)but that's a lot more than I've accomplished in my lifetime and a more than the average person. Even directing a bad movie takes effort and some skill. I agree that he should've attended college but college doesnt guarantee success in whatever career you go into. I know this really smart guy who is a graphic designer and he didn't go to college. He's all self taught.

Also, it's kind of offensive to call 30 year olds "old".. Just saying. 80 is old. Late 20's-30's is considered young by most logical people..

zalfiephan9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by zalfiephan9 »

For the career that Shane himself wants it isn't the most successful career. If all he ever wanted was to be a youtuber and direct a single movie that by Hollywood standards was beyond a huge flop then yes he is successful. A book really isn't anything to brag about when you have a built in audience that you know is going to buy it and was made for profit only. Had he gotten on the best seller list without his fan base I would applaud him, he didn't.

While 27 isn't old and 30 isn't either it is considered old within Hollywood. You have to think about all of this from a Hollywood standpoint not a normal people standpoint. In Hollywood he is considered a nobody with beyond average looks and a record thanks to his videos and Quinto. A washed up child star who played their cards right can be as well of as Shane. That is saying something... :?

Booboo2
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by Booboo2 »

With directing movies and working behind scenes and stuff, age doesn't matter. There are plenty of fat and hideous older men that direct movies and such. But I could see what you mean if he's trying to be a successful actor, then yes he's getting a little old for that. He's not lead actor material. He could try supporting roles or maybe commercial work though. There are plenty of people that aren't blindingly hot that are supporting actors or in commercials.

Jess0713
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:59 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by Jess0713 »

In his latest video he gets pretty agitated when talking about vapers (people who use ecigs) Saying there's nothing more annoying that the sound of them vaping (who the hell is he around that it's noisy?) Told them to "die already!" Doesn't his brother own a frickin' vape shop?
Image

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2089
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by Lydia Deetz »

Jess0713 wrote:In his latest video he gets pretty agitated when talking about vapers (people who use ecigs) Saying there's nothing more annoying that the sound of them vaping (who the hell is he around that it's noisy?) Told them to "die already!" Doesn't his brother own a frickin' vape shop?
Yep, he does.
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

zalfiephan9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by zalfiephan9 »

So much for the "much more happy and mellow" Shane... :rofl:

Ellen Ripley
Talker
Talker
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:33 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by Ellen Ripley »

HAHA Any Modern Family watchers here? Your convo about gay types made me think of a scene I love :D
Season 6 Ep 20 - Cam convinces his father-in-law Jay to pretend he's gay so he's allowed to play on Cam's team, The Britney Spares, in his gay bowling league :D

Jay
Forget it. Not doing it.

Cam
Jay, we need you.

Jay
No one's gonna believe I'm gay.

Cam
Oh, why, because you're not flouncy enough? Jay, that's offensive.
There's all kinds of gays. You've got your Broadway gays, your gym gays, your twinks, your bears, your otters, your "hey, girl" gays.
You've got your pups, your cubs, your chubs. And most prominently, you've got your average-Joes-who-you-would-never-know-are-gay gays.

Jay
What the hell is an otter?

Cam
Lane 20. White pants.
-------------------------

A bit later, as a bowling opponent tells Cam there's no way Jay is gay

Cam, to Jay
Um... Martin's onto us. You need to flounce it up a little bit.

Jay
But you said that was offensive, remember? The otters and weasels and stuff.
-------------------------

HAHAHA "weasels" :rofl: sorry if you don't get it (you really have to picture them) or you think I'm lame :rofl: I love Cam and Jay :D

nikky
Talker
Talker
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 3:11 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by nikky »

in his video about Killing Shane (Corny Crush) His name on the HS boards was SY not SD, no one else noticed this on the video! They were just bitching about the .99 cents it costs.

[/center]

nikky
Talker
Talker
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 3:11 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by nikky »

Jess0713 wrote:In his latest video he gets pretty agitated when talking about vapers (people who use ecigs) Saying there's nothing more annoying that the sound of them vaping (who the hell is he around that it's noisy?) Told them to "die already!" Doesn't his brother own a frickin' vape shop?
Yeah, what a dumb-ass.
I'm not going to lie though, I vape and I did giggle at that. (his sound effect for vaping was hella on point.)

[/center]

zalfiephan9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by zalfiephan9 »

Off topic, Does anyone feel it is rather annoying how YT fangirls all bitch about prices of things and just expect everything to be free? Like the ones who will post in the comments, "I wish I could get your book but I don't have the money..." It's like seriously are you looking for sympathy or are you just expecting things to be free for you?

If these fan girls are bitching about not being able to afford a dollar but have a smart phone or a tablet to play the game on in the first place stop bitching...

Jess0713
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:59 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by Jess0713 »

nikky wrote:Yeah, what a dumb-ass.
I'm not going to lie though, I vape and I did giggle at that. (his sound effect for vaping was hella on point.)
The only loud vapers are cloud chasers... And I do admit that many of those annoy me. Either that or they have that Turbo RDA
I guess as a vaper it annoyed me because we already get enough of a bad rap from everyone else.
Image

Jess0713
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:59 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by Jess0713 »

deltanu2 wrote:It's like seriously are you looking for sympathy or are you just expecting things to be free for you?
Trying to get free shit. There are beggers everywhere.
Image

zalfiephan9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by zalfiephan9 »

Jess0713 wrote:
deltanu2 wrote:It's like seriously are you looking for sympathy or are you just expecting things to be free for you?
Trying to get free shit. There are beggers everywhere.
True. Just drives me up a wall always seeing it everywhere. I mean yeah Shane is a greedy SOB himself but no one makes things without expecting some sort of profit.

dave30
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:18 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by dave30 »

nikky wrote:in his video about Killing Shane (Corny Crush) His name on the HS boards was SY not SD, no one else noticed this on the video! They were just bitching about the .99 cents it costs.
his real name is Shane Lee Yaw. look it up on google.

dave30
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:18 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by dave30 »

nikky wrote:in his video about Killing Shane (Corny Crush) His name on the HS boards was SY not SD, no one else noticed this on the video! They were just bitching about the .99 cents it costs.
his real name is Shane Lee Yaw. look it up on google.

Booboo2
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by Booboo2 »

Well he lifted up his shirt in his new video. It's in the last 2 minutes. He looks normal. I don't know why he's so self conscious about it.

Jess0713
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:59 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by Jess0713 »

Because people with body dysmorphia (which I actually do believe him when he says he has is) do not see their body as everyone sees it. To him, he still looks like he's morbidly obese or in the least, still fat. I knew someone with several eating disorders and even when she was a size 0, she still thought she was fat. It's all in their head.
Image

zalfiephan9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by zalfiephan9 »

His body image issues are so messed up. He has been claiming to go to therapy for what a year? He needs to be in a body image class of some sort. He lives in LA of all places it exists... Instead he goes to a therapist who probably tells him everything he wants to hear. He says that he goes to the gym every day and if that is true and he is trying to build muscle, then Shane won't be very successful at it when he clearly is under eating. He can't even eat foods that are supposedly healthy for him in a video with Trisha. It is obvious that he has developed some form of anorexia. I'm not saying he is purging. If he can't have a piece of candy though then something is wrong. None of the other youtubers need a cup to spit out the candy they eat and none of them eat them proclaim everything that they are eating tastes that disgusting. Shane literally doesn't like anything that he and Trisha taste and because Trisha is far to busy trying to please the only person who stands her she has no choice but to play along.

It also doesn't help that he thinks he can make fun of people with eating disorders just because he has one, or that the only reason he was fat was because he was bisexual, or that he feeds Trisha in order to watch her get even fatter... :?

The really fucked up thing is that he also is a narcissist even though he thinks he looks ugly at the same time. I don't know how many times he has said he is attractive or paid compliments to himself at this point. :roll: He really has some serious issues. I might hate him but I do hope he actually does get real help one day. Unfortunately he will read what I just said and will tell himself "Hater! I'm so beautiful and sane!" :?

Booboo2
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 743
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:23 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Shane Dawson Thread - Part 4

Post by Booboo2 »

Jess0713 wrote:Because people with body dysmorphia (which I actually do believe him when he says he has is) do not see their body as everyone sees it. To him, he still looks like he's morbidly obese or in the least, still fat. I knew someone with several eating disorders and even when she was a size 0, she still thought she was fat. It's all in their head.
Yeah I know that stuff, but I was thinking... He's not a super muscular or fit guy, he's average. In Hollywood, I could see how he could be self conscious about his body because a lot of people are really fit there so then average sized people feel fat. So maybe it's not body dysmorphia, but it is just him being insecure and comparing himself to buffer and fitter dudes? Is it body dysmorphia to know that your body is an average size and weight and that you don't look like a model with buff arms and six pack? Idk. Part of me thinks he's just insecure. Has he ever been diagnosed with body dysmorphia? Where did that come from? Or did he just say he thinks he has it? Because he's not a size 0 girl who thinks he's fat. He's an average guy who thinks he's fat, which to me is kinda normal when you take into consideration where he lives. Now, if he was a guy who was super fit, muscular and thought he was fat, then I could see how that would be body dysmorphia.

He might be exagerating it and playing the "I used to be fat, feel bad for me, I still see a 500 pound man in the mirror" card in order to make his audience relate to him or some shit. I used to be overweight too. Not as much as him but like 20 pounds or so. I lost it and I'm average now, but I sfeel fat if I compare myself to super thin or fit people. To me, that's pretty normal. Everyone has a certain amount of insecurity . Does that mean I have body dysmorphia? I don't think it means that. I think it's normal to have insecurities. We are human beings not superheroes.

I don't think he has an eating disorder just because he spits out candy. That's being kind of dramatic to say that's an eating disorder. If I don't like candy I spit it out too. I would say that's pretty normal. He also might be doing it because he thinks it makes the video funnier, which it kinda does, lol

Locked

Return to “Shane Dawson”