Shane Dawson Part 2

kaymariel
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by kaymariel »

I actually really like Shane, but I just watched his "Banned from Youtube" vid and got a little annoyed and had to come here. (Btw, but how does he not have his own forum??)

The way he handled his problem with Sony was really unprofessional and childish. I get it, he was pissed, but the only useful thing he said was that he's going to fight them back. The video was unnecessary. The 3 and a half minutes was him getting his little army amped up to fight Sony for him. I honestly don't think Sony will give a shit if his fans give them backlash, because there are way more Taylor fans than Shane fans. I don't agree with what Sony did, but this wasn't how Shane should have handled it. *shrug*

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

kaymariel wrote:I actually really like Shane, but I just watched his "Banned from Youtube" vid and got a little annoyed and had to come here. (Btw, but how does he not have his own forum??)

The way he handled his problem with Sony was really unprofessional and childish. I get it, he was pissed, but the only useful thing he said was that he's going to fight them back. The video was unnecessary. The 3 and a half minutes was him getting his little army amped up to fight Sony for him. I honestly don't think Sony will give a shit if his fans give them backlash, because there are way more Taylor fans than Shane fans. I don't agree with what Sony did, but this wasn't how Shane should have handled it. *shrug*
I think it's one of those things when you are in the heat of the moment and you are so mad. Then look back and cringe at yourself lol. (happens to me on a daily basis). But sounds like its been building up for awhile. He's sick of Youtube
Last edited by Ammnesia on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wake
Informer
Informer

Post by wake »

He's an attention whore. All he's trying to do is take advantage of the spotlight that's on Sony right now.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

Is the comment section playing up for you guys as well fo that video

thelastbagel
Informer
Informer

Post by thelastbagel »

I wish he would stop with the daily vlogging crap if he hates YouTube so much. It almost feels like he resents his viewers because he has to keep us happy with daily videos. I would gladly support him putting this aside to work on more mature projects that would help him grow as a filmmaker. He needs it. Not Cool wasn't that great, but it showed his potential. He just needs help with his writing.

foreverlurkin
Learner
Learner

Post by foreverlurkin »

I don't blame him for being pissed off, if he was really happy with it and put time/money into it then it's taken down for a bullshit reason. I don't blame him.

MsAudrey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsAudrey »

[youtube][/youtube]

MsAudrey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsAudrey »

I understand his frustration but he comes off really bad in the complaint video

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

I was waiting for the part where he would admit this whole thing was a joke. I get he's angry, but tone down the dramatics. Trying to rally up his army of trolls like "Let's fight the man!". Have_yourself_a_merry_little_seat_sis.mp3

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

MsAudrey wrote:I understand his frustration but he comes off really bad in the complaint video
He needed to step back from the situation a bit and calm down, then make the video. It comes off as unprofessional

caffeinenicotine
Learner
Learner

Post by caffeinenicotine »

I agree with you all, his reaction via the video was rather childish and unnecessary. But I have to look at it from his point of view as well. His viewership lives on YouTube and his voice reaches people primarily via their subscription boxes. Making a video on his main channel about his distaste for the situation was important to him, but he could have gone about it in a different way. That being said, as much as I dislike a lot of things Shane has done, censorship is never okay and all he needs is a good lawyer, (which I'm sure he already has,) for this whole thing to be taken care of. It didn't need to be public but he clearly wanted it to be. Such is the reality of the entertainment industry.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

#shanedawsonsony is trending. lol

BDuB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BDuB »

he's so entitled. ughh insufferable

plikity pop
Informer
Informer

Post by plikity pop »

I'm a-okay with his complaint video. That video was great, it was so good and to be taken down is bs. Sure, calling on his viewers as if they're his army seems a little too much. But damn, that would suck. I say f sony, f youtube for deleting his channel, and good for him for fighting back.

P.S. I never post here and may never check back to see if anyone commented on my comment and if you do and I don't reply, sorry!

lurksalot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurksalot »

I've never posted in Shane's thread before and I'm not particularly into his videos overall. BUT I watched the Banned from YouTube video after hearing about it and honestly I don't blame him. Fuck Sony. I'm so sick of hearing about Sony and all the NK/hacking shit going on. Here we have a big company being threatened into censorship while they turn around and try to censor someone else. He did nothing wrong and clearly someone simply got butt hurt over a dumb parody video. What if all the gurus who hate this forum managed to get it shut down because "omg they're so mean on GG!!!" They can't because it's our right regardless of how they feel. I'm sure if that happened many of you would be upset enough to do something. If you think Shane is being childish, think about how you would react if you spent a lot of time and money into something only for it to get removed for no legitimate reason. I know I'd be raging!! But I also take censorship seriously, no matter how small it may seem to others.

kaymariel
Learner
Learner

Post by kaymariel »

lurksalot wrote:I've never posted in Shane's thread before and I'm not particularly into his videos overall. BUT I watched the Banned from YouTube video after hearing about it and honestly I don't blame him. Fuck Sony. I'm so sick of hearing about Sony and all the NK/hacking shit going on. Here we have a big company being threatened into censorship while they turn around and try to censor someone else. He did nothing wrong and clearly someone simply got butt hurt over a dumb parody video. What if all the gurus who hate this forum managed to get it shut down because "omg they're so mean on GG!!!" They can't because it's our right regardless of how they feel. I'm sure if that happened many of you would be upset enough to do something. If you think Shane is being childish, think about how you would react if you spent a lot of time and money into something only for it to get removed for no legitimate reason. I know I'd be raging!! But I also take censorship seriously, no matter how small it may seem to others.
I don't think that it was childish for him to get upset. I also think that what Sony did was wrong. I do, however, think that the way he handled himself in his video was childish. I'm not sure how yelling at a camera will do anything in his favor, except for get his viewers pissed, which is understandable for him to want. He should fight back, but it should be between him and Sony (and I guess YouTube as well).

cmonskinnylove
Debater
Debater

Post by cmonskinnylove »

^ I think the viewers are also entitled to know why a video is being taken down especially if it's for such a ridiculous reason.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Can someone explain to me what happened? I missed the whole thing...

why is he banned from YT? What does he have to do with Sony?

I am sooo beyond out of the loop right now

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

Izabella wrote:Can someone explain to me what happened? I missed the whole thing...

[youtube][/youtube]
Credit:amazingfiru

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

sweetmm wrote:
Izabella wrote:Can someone explain to me what happened? I missed the whole thing...

[youtube][/youtube]
Oh shiiiit I thought he deleted this video, that's why I didn't bother to look for it :shy: :shy: thank you!

Return to “Shane Dawson”