Shane Dawson Part 2

Locked
Kleineganz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by Kleineganz »

BDuB wrote:
soybeanz wrote:
heymela wrote:it's pretty obvious him and lisa don't live together anymore. it would be hard living with someone and having you both work from home.
How do you know?
he's mentioned it in his live now feed
Did he actually say he's living in the other apartment, or did he say he practically lives there because he works so much?

MDNA
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 4:13 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by MDNA »

It's more than obvious he lives there now and their relationship is going to shit. It has nothing to do with work.

ZeroProject
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 594
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:11 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by ZeroProject »

Shane isn't talented, funny, intelligent, etc.. He doesn't deserve shit. He doesn't work hard at his craft, his content has been the same for years now. His jokes have always been the same. All of his jokes are about shit, pedophilia, rape, black people, or killing himself. I hope he has a horrible downfall and Lisa finally wakes up and dumps his pathetic ass

Kleineganz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by Kleineganz »

ZeroProject wrote:Shane isn't talented, funny, intelligent, etc.. He doesn't deserve shit. He doesn't work hard at his craft, his content has been the same for years now. His jokes have always been the same. All of his jokes are about shit, pedophilia, rape, black people, or killing himself. I hope he has a horrible downfall and Lisa finally wakes up and dumps his pathetic ass
Bitter much? I love what he does and I think he works quite hard. Harder than other YouTubers, like Joey's old friend Brittany.

ZeroProject
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 594
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:11 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by ZeroProject »

Kleineganz wrote:
ZeroProject wrote:Shane isn't talented, funny, intelligent, etc.. He doesn't deserve shit. He doesn't work hard at his craft, his content has been the same for years now. His jokes have always been the same. All of his jokes are about shit, pedophilia, rape, black people, or killing himself. I hope he has a horrible downfall and Lisa finally wakes up and dumps his pathetic ass
Bitter much? I love what he does and I think he works quite hard. Harder than other YouTubers, like Joey's old friend Brittany.
If you're going to compare him to other youtubers, then yeah sure, he's 'works hard'.

like-a-dq-blizzard
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:21 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by like-a-dq-blizzard »

Meh, I'm with ZeroProject for the most part. There's no doubt that Shane has come a long way. But you can still be funny without dropping racial epithets or rape jokes. When I was 13 maybe 14 I thought his videos were the pinnacle of humor. But looking back, he pretty much recycles the same jokes,and almost all of them are off-color. And as the years went on his channel became more and more like a click-bait website.

I'm sure it's been discussed here but what pisses me off even more than the fact that he relies on shock value is that message to haters video, which he made after his "apology" video. It's like he learned nothing from the criticism he received. It verified what a lot of people already believed, his apology was fake.
Image

Fruitbatz2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by Fruitbatz2 »

He got popular on youtube for being a funny dude. Plus, he's cute. At least a lot of girls think so. I think he's still funny. He's intelligent and genuine too, no matter what people say, even though you may not like his content he still managed to create a pretty good career for himself and make plenty of money. And you say he's offensive but most comedians are, so really that's irrelevant.

Fruitbatz2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by Fruitbatz2 »

He got popular on youtube for being a funny dude. Plus, he's cute. At least a lot of girls think so. I think he's still funny. He's intelligent and genuine too, no matter what people say, even though you may not like his content he still managed to create a pretty good career for himself and make plenty of money. And you say he's offensive but most comedians are, so really that's irrelevant.

BDuB
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 732
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:03 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by BDuB »

Kleineganz wrote:
Did he actually say he's living in the other apartment, or did he say he practically lives there because he works so much?
A few threads back we did a summery of the feed but yes he did.

Kleineganz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by Kleineganz »

Fruitbatz2 wrote:He got popular on youtube for being a funny dude. Plus, he's cute. At least a lot of girls think so. I think he's still funny. He's intelligent and genuine too, no matter what people say, even though you may not like his content he still managed to create a pretty good career for himself and make plenty of money. And you say he's offensive but most comedians are, so really that's irrelevant.
I agree. I always thought he was good looking, and now that he's cut his hair, he's a hottie. Too bad I'm practically old enough to be his mother! LOL

Call me crazy, but I love offensive comedians. Lisa Lampanelli makes tons of "racist" jokes and I don't think any reasonable person would ever consider her to actually be racist. George Carlin I think had a goal to offend pretty much *everyone* ... I loved him.

Shane may not be as good as them with comedy, but I still find him funny and I don't have any issues with his comedy. That's the beauty of freedom of speech, even if you offend me I will stand up for your right to do so.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Posts: 5976
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by illegal_mind »

ok, first of all, freedom of speech is the ability to say something without the government being able to censor it. it has nothing to do with the right to say whatever you want, regardless of how offensive it is, it's just that the government isn't allowed to censor what you say.
shane's "comedy" doesn't fall under freedom of speech, because he's not being censored by some authority figure, although i wish he was. shane's "humor" is nothing but the same bs oppressing minorities over and over again.
and secondly, kleine, you used to say the exact same type of bs when it came to luke conrad, and look how he turned out
The Internet knows all your secrets
Image

like-a-dq-blizzard
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 579
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:21 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by like-a-dq-blizzard »

illegal_mind wrote:ok, first of all, freedom of speech is the ability to say something without the government being able to censor it. it has nothing to do with the right to say whatever you want, regardless of how offensive it is, it's just that the government isn't allowed to censor what you say.
shane's "comedy" doesn't fall under freedom of speech, because he's not being censored by some authority figure,
although i wish he was. shane's "humor" is nothing but the same bs oppressing minorities over and over again.
I think this is important to remember because I've noticed people always try to use this argument, and not just with Shane. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequence. The government can't stop you from saying or putting out content, unless it falls under the category of obscenity, incitement, child pornography and so on. None of those are protected by the First Amendment. When you say something, other people are free to be offended and disagree, and vocalize it. Just because Shane has the right to free speech, it doesn't mean he can't be condemned for what he puts out there.
Image

thelastbagel
Informer
Informer
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 1:23 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by thelastbagel »

I appreciate dark humor, but what bothers me the most is how pretentious Shane is about comedy. He thinks he knows what young people find funny (which he said in The Chair), and he is so critical of comedy movies when his own movie was crap. I assume it's because he is an insecure person, but it's starting to come off as arrogance.

alexandriablue
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 619
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by alexandriablue »

Have you seen him on YouTubers react? He comes off as extremely arrogant.

dokidoki
Learner
Learner
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by dokidoki »

alexandriablue wrote:Have you seen him on YouTubers react? He comes off as extremely arrogant.
I think that's a persona he plays for the show.. When you watch his vlogs he seems a little more genuine.

I haven't watched his main channel since about 2009, he content just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Maybe I'm just over the immature humour. The thing I hate MOST is how often he clickbaits his viewers. Half the time his titles have absolutely NOTHING to do with the content (strictly talking about 2nd channel content)

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1727
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by ItsAndrew »

dokidoki wrote:
alexandriablue wrote:Have you seen him on YouTubers react? He comes off as extremely arrogant.
I think that's a persona he plays for the show.. When you watch his vlogs he seems a little more genuine.

I haven't watched his main channel since about 2009, he content just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Maybe I'm just over the immature humour. The thing I hate MOST is how often he clickbaits his viewers. Half the time his titles have absolutely NOTHING to do with the content (strictly talking about 2nd channel content)
This is one of the reasons I don't watch all his videos. The titles are not really relevant at all to the content in the video.
thelastbagel wrote:I appreciate dark humor, but what bothers me the most is how pretentious Shane is about comedy. He thinks he knows what young people find funny (which he said in The Chair), and he is so critical of comedy movies when his own movie was crap. I assume it's because he is an insecure person, but it's starting to come off as arrogance.
I agree completely. His movie got panned so obviously he doesn't know what young people find funny. When he refers to "young people" he's probably only thinking about his viewers who fall under the category of "young people" because, well, they find his content funny.

BellatrixLestrange13
Informer
Informer
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:42 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by BellatrixLestrange13 »

alexandriablue wrote:Have you seen him on YouTubers react? He comes off as extremely arrogant.
Yeah, he's always been like that. I guess it's like his exclusive persona for the show. Still, I would've been pissed if I were the fine bros. He's invited to give a proper reaction to the videos shown, not to give off this "I don't care" or "I don't give a f*ck" vibe all the time.

jjpete
Informer
Informer
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:39 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by jjpete »

A writer for Vanity Fair took him down a notch today: http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/ ... -january-9
Perhaps the greatest offense of the video, beyond the often jaw-dropping racism, beyond the sad and shameless theft, is that it, like all of his videos, is just so goddamned awful. It’s also beyond rich of him to make fun of a bunch of kids for being in the closet

Kleineganz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by Kleineganz »

illegal_mind wrote:ok, first of all, freedom of speech is the ability to say something without the government being able to censor it. it has nothing to do with the right to say whatever you want, regardless of how offensive it is, it's just that the government isn't allowed to censor what you say.
shane's "comedy" doesn't fall under freedom of speech, because he's not being censored by some authority figure, although i wish he was. shane's "humor" is nothing but the same bs oppressing minorities over and over again.
and secondly, kleine, you used to say the exact same type of bs when it came to luke conrad, and look how he turned out
Well so far Shane hasn't been accused of being a sexually manipulative sociopath, or anything else equally abhorrent, so for now I remain a fan.

I still like Luke's music, but I will no longer listen to it or support him because of what he did to Kristina.

As for freedom of speech, yes the intent is that you cannot get censored or arrested by the government, as long as what you say isn't libelous. YouTube, as a private entity can choose to shut Shane down if they chose to.

However, until such time as that happens, I will continue to watch and enjoy his videos.

Fruitbatz2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1054
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:32 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Shane Dawson Part 2

Post by Fruitbatz2 »

thelastbagel wrote:
I assume it's because he is an insecure person, but it's starting to come off as arrogance.
Well... Everyone has insecurities. If you have none at all, then you're probably a sociopath. Lmao. I don't really know if he comes off arrogant or if he just is trying to assert himself and believe in himself??

Locked

Return to “Shane Dawson”