MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:10 pm

AspieLogic wrote:I just did some back tracking via the link you posted as well as watched some anti-repzion videos... How in the holy hell did I miss that shitstorm? Lol I had no idea he plagiarized anyone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I didn't know he had done that until he talked about Jaclyn Glenn doing the same thing in one of her videos.
Image

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:09 pm

Rep let this guy on his channel and holy shit....despite what you think about Laci Green and her video, but this guys arguments are fucking horrible.
http://youtu.be/pAjpOXlRKYQ
Image

User avatar
SpecialKai
Learner
Learner
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:29 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by SpecialKai » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:35 pm

AspieLogic wrote:
SpecialKai wrote:Speaking of the deleted video that pushed me to unsubscribe (or at least inspired me to later on. I don't remember when it was exactly but it was sometime in 2013 and not much long after this shitty video)

[video][/video]

Not only was it ridiculously self righteous, IT GOT WORSE after I found out he plagiarized it word for word:

http://j-l-foreveruntitled.blogspot.com ... ieces.html
I just did some back tracking via the link you posted as well as watched some anti-repzion videos... How in the holy hell did I miss that shitstorm? Lol I had no idea he plagiarized anyone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I don't think the incident I mentioned was highly publicized. I didn't know either until I searched for a mirror after I noticed he deleted it (I'll assume it's because people called him out on his smugness) and my inquires led me to that blog post. I didn't think that God awful video could get any worse, but it did. :? He didn't address the plagiarism publically to my knowledge.

Interesting how he says "I want to read you something that I think needs to be said." If he didn't claim to write it, why didn't he credit it? That's why I still consider it plagiarism despite that. I thought he was reading his own words initially.

He also mentioned he posted it on FB. I wonder if he linked/credited the post or just copy/pasted it word for word on his wall. I never followed him on FB, so I wouldn't know, and I can't backtrack because his FB got removed. Even if it hadn't, I wouldn't be surprised if he deleted it.

I also love how an angsty emo teen blog inspired a grown man. Daniel is emotionally stunted imo.

The Simon Critchley plagiarism got more recognition. I'm sure you saw this already, but:

[video][/video]

He addressed this actually:

[video][/video]

He privated the original video, btw. Way to keep it up to hold yourself accountable. :roll: I don't think he's truly sorry either. I wouldn't be surprised if he has plagiarized in the past or still does and hasn't admitted to it because he hasn't gotten caught.

I love how this is coming from the guy who quoted Nietzsche in his "The Rich- What I See" video. :rofl:

He's terrible at plagiarism btw. You think he'd try to be more discreet, but nope. He copies word for word or occasionally changes a noun here or there. My favorite is changing "toilet walls" to "torn on walls." He unintentionally altered the meaning. :rofl: I don't know why he tries to brand himself as an intellectual. He doesn't strike me as very bright.

I don't think many of his subscribers are aware of this btw. I only found out when forums bitching about him mentioned it.
romr211 wrote:I didn't know he had done that until he talked about Jaclyn Glenn doing the same thing in one of her videos.
I unsubscribed to her as well. YT atheist ranters never fail to disappoint.

Jacklyn and TJ still have their fans, but they garner much more hate and criticism than Daniel seems to. I think it's because Daniel is more concerned with gaining popular reception than those two do, and hence feeds his audience what they want to hear or quickly deletes videos that pose a threat to his reputation before it's damaged forever. That's why I'm glad for this thread. His "reptiles" need to catch on to his BS.
romr211 wrote:Rep let this guy on his channel and holy shit....despite what you think about Laci Green and her video, but this guys arguments are fucking horrible.
I saw that one! This thread has inspired me to watch some of his newer videos. :? Agreed. I don't agree with what TJ says about Laci all that often (I rarely watch TJ anymore btw and enable adblock thanks to the reddit rape scanadal) but at least his arguments are better constructed than this guy's. I couldn't even get through it. Horrible.

I appreciate that Daniel tries to give other youtubers a chance (of course he does... he wants to be seen as a good guy, remember) but that's the last guy I'd want to be associated with personally. The youtube comments on this guy are hilarious btw.

Did anyone watch Daniel's "Everyone is Transphobic" video? I haven't. It looks awful, but I should watch before I judge. I'm scared though. :?

User avatar
SpecialKai
Learner
Learner
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:29 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by SpecialKai » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:06 pm

romr211 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Also this video is so ironic because I've always had the feeling that he has that "Nice Guy" mentality as well.
Holy shit, I just noticed he deleted this video! :o When was that? I wonder why he deleted it. It was up a few days ago. Wtf?

I wonder if he's been reading here again. He posted a tweet a few years ago on his twitter passively aggressively mentioning this forum so clearly he's aware of it. I think he also mentioned recently he's deleting videos that no longer fits his views, so who knows; it's possible this thread didn't inspire him to delete it. Maybe he realized he IS a nice guy and hence deleted it after going through his old videos. :rofl:

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:23 pm

SpecialKai wrote:
romr211 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Also this video is so ironic because I've always had the feeling that he has that "Nice Guy" mentality as well.
Holy shit, I just noticed he deleted this video! :o When was that? I wonder why he deleted it. It was up a few days ago. Wtf?

I wonder if he's been reading here again. He posted a tweet a few years ago on his twitter passively aggressively mentioning this forum so clearly he's aware of it. I think he also mentioned recently he's deleting videos that no longer fits his views, so who knows; it's possible this thread didn't inspire him to delete it. Maybe he realized he IS a nice guy and hence deleted it after going through his old videos. :rofl:
He wants to hide any traces of him having feminist views Image
Image

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:41 pm

SpecialKai wrote:Did anyone watch Daniel's "Everyone is Transphobic" video? I haven't. It looks awful, but I should watch before I judge. I'm scared though. :?
One of his arguments is that "not all white people are transphobic" but the person he made a response to never said white people are transphobic...

The person he made a response to, who is a trans man, said that people who are cisgender can have transphobia instilled in them because trans people are not accepted in society. Maybe the way he phrased some things in his video was iffy, but all he wanted to do was tell cisgender people how to properly support trans people. Daniel has absolutely no right to tell a trans person how to address issues that trans people face.

And now that Daniel made that video, people are making extremely transphobic comments towards the guy he made a video about and that person is probably going to get a lot of unnecessary hate on his videos.

If Daniel is reading this, good job, you fucking asshole.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

flowerg0th
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:56 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by flowerg0th » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:35 pm

romr211 wrote:One of his arguments is that "not all white people are transphobic" but the person he made a response to never said white people are transphobic...

The person he made a response to, who is a trans man, said that people who are cisgender can have transphobia instilled in them because trans people are not accepted in society. Maybe the way he phrased some things in his video was iffy, but all he wanted to do was tell cisgender people how to properly support trans people. Daniel has absolutely no right to tell a trans person how to address issues that trans people face.

And now that Daniel made that video, people are making extremely transphobic comments towards the guy he made a video about and that person is probably going to get a lot of unnecessary hate on his videos.

If Daniel is reading this, good job, you fucking asshole.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
are you serious?! for fuck's sake daniel. yet i'm not surprised, he's essentially one of those edgy 15-year-olds who are like "LOL TRIGGERED CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE SJWS GO BACK TO YOUR HUGBOX XDDDDDDDDD FEMINAZI" except that he's like what, 24? just pathetic lmao

User avatar
buuup
Informer
Informer
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:41 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by buuup » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:15 pm

SpecialKai wrote:Why autism? I never got that vibe (then again I think autism is suggested too loosely these days.) He's clearly troubled however and admits to depression, anxiety and dyslexia. He mentioned dyslexia is the cause of his speech impediment. Does anyone know if that's common in dyslexia? I'm uninformed.
Well, dyslexia has a lot of effects that people wouldn't generally think are related. For example, being able to easily distinguish 'left' and 'right.' So while it's not common, it's also not unheard of to have a lisp and being dyslexic. I have some difficulty reading (due to language troubles, not dyslexia), and noticed that I have developed a slight-to-moderate lisp mainly because I visualize words as I'm saying them...if that makes sense. It may be something else, like maybe my tongue is too long or that Daniel's is too short, but if this gave you some sort of insight about it, then I'm happy :D

Oh man, I haven't seen any of his videos in ages and only came back to this thread because TP's is at a low right now. Seeing how people were talking about the transphobic video, I decided to watch it. You all pretty much said what needed to be said, but I thought that I'd add in that his blatant imperialistic beliefs are appalling. His whole digression about how the East is so 'backwards,' and how people are "ripping women's vaginas out," and have no rights made me click off. Basically, there are two things I wanted to address:

First, he needs to calm down and not take these things so personally. When people criticize the practices and beliefs of the West, they're not criticizing him. They're criticizing the hegemony that is the West and not individual Westerners. Slamming the table doesn't add anything to his points, it only makes him look unstable, and his instability transfers into the instability of his arguments. Eastern people aren't so blind as to believe that the people, and not the institutions, are to blame. :roll: He's angry that people are generalizing a vast array of cultures and practices as being terrible by also generalizing a vast array of cultures and practices...Son.

Second, I can't help but question how naïve someone who says, "If you don't like this country, quit complaining about it and just leave" is, especially when they wholeheartedly believe it. Listen, Daniel, most of the people who criticize a country either a) don't have the means to leave or b) actually love the country and want to see it achieve the best it can. I don't need to pledge by allegiance to a certain way of life in order to love my country. I love my people and my country and will always do what I believe is my duty for it to flourish, and if it means that I must say it has made mistakes, so be it, because only from there can it get better. I criticize my country because, as a mother knows of her child, I know it has the potential to do better than it has, and I am disappointed when I see it fail to meet that potential. If it's never criticized or questioned, it'll grow as spoiled and insufferable as would a child who was never disciplined. And, like a mother, I don't need to praise it every time it does what I believe it should have done all along; I will be quietly content, but still push it to do better. People who critique the West's practices should, in fact, stay in the West, because no one cares more to see it become stronger than them.

So please, Daniel, gain some perspective.

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:35 pm

He has such a twisted view on Muslims. He acts as if every single Muslim man is a misogynest and all Muslim women are oppressed and helpless.

Of course, there is a problem with misogyny in prodominately Muslim countries, but that is more of a cultural and regional problem than a religious problem. Notice how more prodominately Muslim countries have had female priministers (who are also Muslim), and the U.S. hasn't even had their first female president. The only prodominately Muslim countries that have the biggest problem with misogyny are Saudi Arabia, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. I have family in Egypt, and while there is sexism there, the women there are definitely not treated the same way they are in the countries I mentioned above.

I remember one comment he made in a video a while back that made me angry. It was when he went to build houses in Morocco and he was talking about his experience building a house for a woman and her children who's husband left her for another woman and he said something along the lines of "that is a huge problem that happens within the religion of Islam." Wtf you couldn't be anymore wrong. In Islam, if a married couple were to get a divorce, it is the man's responsibility to make sure that his ex-wife has enough money and a home to live in, and vice versa. Any man that leaves his wife and kids like that without making sure his wife is able to provide for herself is not only a scumbag, but is going against the teachings of Islam.

But I digress.
Image

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:39 am

[youtube][/youtube]

Here he goes again, being a transphobic asshole he is. He obviously doesn't understand how much trans people get harassed/assaulted in public restrooms. I do agree with him that gender-neutral bathrooms are the way to go, but telling trans people that the bathroom issue is "petty" is just disgusting. Also the fact that he said that unless you take hormones and got the surgery, he doesn't see them as a real man or woman.

Fuck him, honestly.
Image

User avatar
kibiyoshi
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:04 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by kibiyoshi » Sun May 08, 2016 8:36 pm

This guy comes off as such a sleazy and gross character, desperately trying to appeal to his neckbeard audience. Hell, Daniel might as well be a neckbeard himself. It comes as no surprise that he has no success with the ladies, the guy's a total prick.

Georgaina
Debater
Debater
Posts: 232
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:39 am
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by Georgaina » Mon May 09, 2016 1:14 am

Pffff Daniel Daniel Daniel.. how did you get worse in the time I didn't watch your videos?

So he's transphobic now. As if he needed to add another negative label to his name. It's unbelievable what he does to get money and attention. Who in their right mind would want people to view them this way? This reminds me of what Kanye West does, except Daniel is slightly less upfront about it. I basically ended up waving his away after he was mentioning that he went to Africa this one time and did some blahblahblah for all those poor sad people there in like 5 videos after another. He never mentioned specifics. I'm taking the liberty of comparing this to Lindsey Stirling in her video We Found Love, where she was slightlh teary eyed of joy at the end because she was talking about the amazing people she met in Africa. Needless to say, I doubt Daniel did half the things he says he did. He either exaggerates what happened or flat out lies.

And yes, he might have as well been a neckbeard. The only problem is that I'm pretty sure he can't grow one.

User avatar
buuup
Informer
Informer
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:41 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by buuup » Tue May 10, 2016 9:25 am

It's funny to see how Onision and Daniel have become the same type of person, especially considering how much Daniel use to hate him.

Well, you know the saying, you usually hate the person who's the most like yourself.

beevmaria
Talker
Talker
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:52 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by beevmaria » Thu May 12, 2016 3:21 am

He's losing loads of subscribers. His channel is dying. It's very negative and mocking these days. What was that asmr video, honestly..

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:18 am

I know it was supposed to be a parody but...it was so cringe-worthy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
whocares
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2795
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:39 pm
Location: USA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by whocares » Sun May 15, 2016 4:32 pm

Unsubscribed


[youtube][/youtube]

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:19 pm

whocares wrote:Unsubscribed


[youtube][/youtube]
There were some points in that video that I thought were true, like how joking about personal experiences can help people cope with it. However, I don't think anyone can make racist jokes or rape jokes unless they've actually dealt with it. I used to self-harm and was suicidal, and making jokes about my personal experience has helped me cope with it, but I would never make those jokes unless I knew that the person I'm telling that joke to is able to handle it. I would never go on twitter and make jokes about my personal experience with self-harm and suicide because I know that could be hurtful to people who might be dealing with it.

I'm not going to tell Daniel how to deal with his sexual abuse, but he shouldn't be encouraging people to just make rape jokes all willy-nilly.
Image

User avatar
like-a-dq-blizzard
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:21 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by like-a-dq-blizzard » Mon May 16, 2016 9:53 am

^ Definitely agree. I've dealt with suicide attempts and rape myself. In that respect, Daniel and I share the shame experiences. While I've managed to (mostly) overcome both experiences because I was surrounded by friends and family who loved and supported me, I personally still don't appreciate jokes being made about it. It was the darkest time of my life and I shut a lot of people out because of it. Jokes about rape remind me of the person who did it- because that was the kind of person he was. That's the main reason I don't find it funny.

Sure it may be someone else's way of coping, and that's fine. At the same time, it doesn't negate the fact that not everyone copes or recovers the same way.
Image

User avatar
buuup
Informer
Informer
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:41 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by buuup » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:20 pm

so i've been keeping an eye on this thread, and was really surprised that there have been no posts since the recent tragedies (with Grimmie, Orlando, and Jo Cox--may they all rest in peace, sweet angels). i thought to myself, 'woah, kudos to rep for actually being a decent human being and not sensationalizing these horrors.' i genuinely thought he hadn't made videos about them.

but then i doubted myself.

and then i checked his account.

and holy fuck was i wrong. i'm scared to even click on the videos, each title is revolting enough. if any of you are a brave enough soul to watch them and write a summary, i'll be forever indebted to you. or, if there's no one willing to step up to the plate, i'll do it for ya'll. i'll just need to mentally prepare myself for the fuckery that will spew from him mouth.

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:47 pm

buuup wrote:so i've been keeping an eye on this thread, and was really surprised that there have been no posts since the recent tragedies (with Grimmie, Orlando, and Jo Cox--may they all rest in peace, sweet angels). i thought to myself, 'woah, kudos to rep for actually being a decent human being and not sensationalizing these horrors.' i genuinely thought he hadn't made videos about them.

but then i doubted myself.

and then i checked his account.

and holy fuck was i wrong. i'm scared to even click on the videos, each title is revolting enough. if any of you are a brave enough soul to watch them and write a summary, i'll be forever indebted to you. or, if there's no one willing to step up to the plate, i'll do it for ya'll. i'll just need to mentally prepare myself for the fuckery that will spew from him mouth.
I refuse to watch his video about the Orlando shooting solely because of the title "Islam strikes again!" It will be too painful to watch, considering the fact that I'm a bisexual Muslim woman.
Image

User avatar
buuup
Informer
Informer
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:41 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by buuup » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:08 pm

okay, i'll take the plunge and write up a summary of that one. <3 i'll be sure to paraphrase the really ignorant and insensitive things he says, because i know how hurtful those sentiments can be. it'll be done by tomorrow.

User avatar
buuup
Informer
Informer
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:41 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by buuup » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:21 pm

Okay so I watched it. It was painful. Like it literally hurt my soul to watch that much ignorance and egoism come from one man. He did what we predicted, tarnish Islam and Muslims, claiming that homosexuality and Islam cannot live harmoniously--and went on to say more crude things that I'd rather not write. He also said that if the horrible man intended to hurt them (the Orlando victims), he would have regardless of gun control. He cited the Grimmie tragedy, saying that the other man carried a knife alongside the guns and would have likely stabbed her instead. He also cited a case in Norway where a student brought a sword to school, stabbed a number of students, and one died from their injuries. He then concludes by saying that gun control isn't the answer, but also that he doesn't know how to end gun violence. It's like he's pent up with so much fury he can't even make logical arguments. It was a mess and purely run by emotion.

The video was so ignorant, uneducated, and poorly thought out. I don't even know how to make sense of it.

User avatar
Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2756
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by Sarai » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:56 pm

He just posted another video about Muslims lol. I think it's fine he criticizes religion, but it's obvious she criticizes Christianity because he's very bitter about his upbringing, and Islam because he's xenophobic/subconsciously racist (remember his videos in his old apartment). He's never even met a Muslim or talked with one, he thinks "moderate Muslims" don't exist, and everyone is like the clip he showed. I'm not saying Muslims are perfect or untouchable, but not everything is so black and white. I just wish he wasn't so close minded about people, he's almost as bad as the hateful religious people he criticizes.
Image

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:33 pm

buuup wrote:Okay so I watched it. It was painful. Like it literally hurt my soul to watch that much ignorance and egoism come from one man. He did what we predicted, tarnish Islam and Muslims, claiming that homosexuality and Islam cannot live harmoniously--and went on to say more crude things that I'd rather not write. He also said that if the horrible man intended to hurt them (the Orlando victims), he would have regardless of gun control. He cited the Grimmie tragedy, saying that the other man carried a knife alongside the guns and would have likely stabbed her instead. He also cited a case in Norway where a student brought a sword to school, stabbed a number of students, and one died from their injuries. He then concludes by saying that gun control isn't the answer, but also that he doesn't know how to end gun violence. It's like he's pent up with so much fury he can't even make logical arguments. It was a mess and purely run by emotion.

The video was so ignorant, uneducated, and poorly thought out. I don't even know how to make sense of it.
Ok, a few things I want to say. (Btw, not responding to you specifically buup, I'm arguing with Daniel's points.)

1) I'm not evening going to try to call him out on whatever he said about Islam and Muslims as a whole because it'll be the same old argument for any video he makes about Islam and Muslims. However, I will call him out on his bullshit statement that "homosexuality and Islam cannot live harmoniously" because there are plenty of LGBT Muslims. I'm an example of one. Yeah, we may not be accepted by people in the Muslim community, but that doesn’t mean we don’t exist. There were Muslims who went and donated blood to help those who were wounded and needed blood, even though they were fasting all day since we’re currently in the month of Ramadan. Do you really think if Muslims as a whole were really that intolerant of LGBT people, they would have donated blood to help the victims when they knew that the victims were LGBT? Probably not. Hours after the shooting occurred, there was a Christian pastor who said that he was happy that those people got shot because that meant there were “50 less pedophiles in the world.” Why don’t you make a response video to him, Daniel?
Not to mention, people in the LGBT community are still not accepted in society in general. I love how he doesn’t say anything about how Christianity or Judaism and homosexuality cannot live harmoniously, as if Muslims are the only people in the world that are unaccepting of the LGBT community. This may come as a surprise to Daniel, but there are homophobes in all groups of people. There are homophobic Muslims. There are homophobic Christians. There are homophobic Jewish people. There are even homophobic Atheists (I know, shocker!!!!). Even any of those religions say that there is nothing wrong with being LGBT, we would still be discriminated against. People just use religion to justify their homophobic/lesbophobic/biphobic/transphobic views.

2) His views on gun control are so messy. :rofl:
He does have a point about the guy who shot Christina Grimmie would have just stabbed her with the knife he had on him if he didn't have a gun. However, using that event to argue that gun control wouldn't have stopped the Orlando shooter from harming those people is not only stupid, but it's also not comparable. You have to look at who the two shooters were targeting. Christina's shooter was only targeting her, and while he could have harmed more people that night if her brother hadn't tackled him, he had no intention of killing a big number of people or else he would have just started shooting at random people. Since he was only going after Christina, he still would have been able to do what he wanted to do with a knife or a gun. The shooter of the gay nightclub in Orlando was not targeting one specific person. His objective was to kill as many people as he could to cause chaos. There were 49 people killed (excluding the shooter) and 53 people injured that night, which means that a total of 102 people were shot. It's a little hard to do that to 102 people with a knife. The guy in Norway with the sword killed 2 people and injured 2 others. It's still bad because that shouldn't happen to anyone, but still not comparable to the worst mass shooting that's happened in American history so far.
The main reasons why people are stressing gun control of this and the other shootings we've had in the past few years is because each of those shootings have been done with same exact gun model (AR-15) because of how cheap they are and how easy they are to get, and honestly no one should should be able to own a gun that's only purpose is to shoot as many things in a short amount of time. People are also angry that despite this guy having 2 investigations done on him by the FBI for suspected terrorist activities, he was still able to buy a gun LEGALLY.

I could say more, but this post is getting way too long and it took forever to type out because this website is being trash right now.
Image

JuniperJones
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 806
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by JuniperJones » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:51 pm

romr211 wrote:
buuup wrote:Okay so I watched it. It was painful. Like it literally hurt my soul to watch that much ignorance and egoism come from one man. He did what we predicted, tarnish Islam and Muslims, claiming that homosexuality and Islam cannot live harmoniously--and went on to say more crude things that I'd rather not write. He also said that if the horrible man intended to hurt them (the Orlando victims), he would have regardless of gun control. He cited the Grimmie tragedy, saying that the other man carried a knife alongside the guns and would have likely stabbed her instead. He also cited a case in Norway where a student brought a sword to school, stabbed a number of students, and one died from their injuries. He then concludes by saying that gun control isn't the answer, but also that he doesn't know how to end gun violence. It's like he's pent up with so much fury he can't even make logical arguments. It was a mess and purely run by emotion.

The video was so ignorant, uneducated, and poorly thought out. I don't even know how to make sense of it.
Ok, a few things I want to say. (Btw, not responding to you specifically buup, I'm arguing with Daniel's points.)

1) I'm not evening going to try to call him out on whatever he said about Islam and Muslims as a whole because it'll be the same old argument for any video he makes about Islam and Muslims. However, I will call him out on his bullshit statement that "homosexuality and Islam cannot live harmoniously" because there are plenty of LGBT Muslims. I'm an example of one. Yeah, we may not be accepted by people in the Muslim community, but that doesn’t mean we don’t exist. There were Muslims who went and donated blood to help those who were wounded and needed blood, even though they were fasting all day since we’re currently in the month of Ramadan. Do you really think if Muslims as a whole were really that intolerant of LGBT people, they would have donated blood to help the victims when they knew that the victims were LGBT? Probably not. Hours after the shooting occurred, there was a Christian pastor who said that he was happy that those people got shot because that meant there were “50 less pedophiles in the world.” Why don’t you make a response video to him, Daniel?
Not to mention, people in the LGBT community are still not accepted in society in general. I love how he doesn’t say anything about how Christianity or Judaism and homosexuality cannot live harmoniously, as if Muslims are the only people in the world that are unaccepting of the LGBT community. This may come as a surprise to Daniel, but there are homophobes in all groups of people. There are homophobic Muslims. There are homophobic Christians. There are homophobic Jewish people. There are even homophobic Atheists (I know, shocker!!!!). Even any of those religions say that there is nothing wrong with being LGBT, we would still be discriminated against. People just use religion to justify their homophobic/lesbophobic/biphobic/transphobic views.

2) His views on gun control are so messy. :rofl:
He does have a point about the guy who shot Christina Grimmie would have just stabbed her with the knife he had on him if he didn't have a gun. However, using that event to argue that gun control wouldn't have stopped the Orlando shooter from harming those people is not only stupid, but it's also not comparable. You have to look at who the two shooters were targeting. Christina's shooter was only targeting her, and while he could have harmed more people that night if her brother hadn't tackled him, he had no intention of killing a big number of people or else he would have just started shooting at random people. Since he was only going after Christina, he still would have been able to do what he wanted to do with a knife or a gun. The shooter of the gay nightclub in Orlando was not targeting one specific person. His objective was to kill as many people as he could to cause chaos. There were 49 people killed (excluding the shooter) and 53 people injured that night, which means that a total of 102 people were shot. It's a little hard to do that to 102 people with a knife. The guy in Norway with the sword killed 2 people and injured 2 others. It's still bad because that shouldn't happen to anyone, but still not comparable to the worst mass shooting that's happened in American history so far.
The main reasons why people are stressing gun control of this and the other shootings we've had in the past few years is because each of those shootings have been done with same exact gun model (AR-15) because of how cheap they are and how easy they are to get, and honestly no one should should be able to own a gun that's only purpose is to shoot as many things in a short amount of time. People are also angry that despite this guy having 2 investigations done on him by the FBI for suspected terrorist activities, he was still able to buy a gun LEGALLY.

I could say more, but this post is getting way too long and it took forever to type out because this website is being trash right now.
I'm sorry, but at no point has Daniel ever said "All Muslims" this or that, and that strawman is beyond old. When speaking in generalities, it may be difficult to put a thousands disclaimers and qualifiers on a sentiment, but let's not pretend like the level of violence being experienced worldwide in the name of religion is no uniquely prevalent in Islam... because it is. There's homophobia is Judaism and Christianity... absolutely. But when Christianity majority countries and Jewish majority countries are putting gays to death by stoning and hanging, or throwing them from rooftops as ISIS does, then you'll have an actual equivalency. But, as it is, you mention these other religions to deflect from your own... and atheism in't a religion, so there's no sacred book of codes that atheists can interpret any way they want to justify their actions.

The US is by no means as enlightened as I wish it were, but it is leaps and bounds better than a lot of the oppressive and regressive countries in the middle east that still regard women as property, and punish LGBT individuals and nonbelievers or believers of other faiths. People use their religion to justify their regressive attitudes because their doctrines also hold these regressive views. The fact that most Muslims, Christians, and Jews evolved beyond the barbarism of their holy texts demonstrates how we as moral creatures are often better than the gods we erected to follow. People who use the "all Muslims" false claim should be rightfully derided and denounced as idiots. But, there are those of us who can make a distinction between the religion and its followers and still get the "not all Muslims" moniker. It stalls real debate and discourages reform that Muslims like you so desperately need in your faith, because we need more Muslims like you speaking up to denounce the bad things in the Koran and the Hadith.

Christianity and Judaism have had a head start on Islam, as it is the youngest of the abrahamic faiths, so Jews and Christians are no longer killing and subjugating their women the way some Islamic countries are. And I'm not saying there aren't issues in these religions (hell, I'm an atheist so I don't regard any of them as valid), but I'm not going to pretend like one isn't better than the other. No... Islamic extremism is the worst religious affront at the moment, and crying "Islamophobia" every time someone calls a spade a spade doesn't do anything but encourage other Muslims reformers to keep their mouth closed and to stay in the dark.

With that said, I haven't watch Repzion in a long time, mainly because he bores the everloving hell out of me.,, but I've watched his recent videos and the nuance, while shaky, is there.
When life gives you lemons, give 'em back and say "Fuck you, life!!!"

Post Reply

Return to “MrRepzion/Daniel Sulzbach”