MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

User avatar
RoNation
Learner
Learner
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by RoNation »

RoNation wrote:What is this "My Coming Out Story" video? Is it clickbait bs?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nvm. Checked it - it is. April Fools Day apparently is permissive of crappy jokes like that.

Sorry for double post.

TheBee
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:45 pm
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by TheBee »

It's still queerbaiting in the end. Urgh. He was never really smart or original, but he at least used to be a bit careful over what he said in his videos (I think) and TRIED to be understanding of peoples' views. Now he's just a full on raging, bitter asshole. I don't know why keeps trying to be funny - he admitted himself he's not funny and that he'd stop trying to make funny videos, but he's just turned into more of a try-hard than ever.

Also, it's been mentioned before in this thread, but I love how he keeps bashing this site for doing nothing but criticize youtubers, when that's what he's built his fucking youtube career on. The criticism you've gotten here has been super gentle, Rep. I'd hate to see how you'd react to someone "criticizing" you the way you "criticize" your hate-crush Anita Sarkeesian. But hey, keep crying and throwing a tantrum at people having different views than you, or being annoyed at your shitty arguments, it's really becoming.

There's so many things he said he'd work on that he never really did. His bitterness, negativity, ego, awful sense of humor, he's admitted to all this, and every time he said he'd keep it in check from then on, but he never followed up, never even seemed to try, and he'd go right back to his habits the next video. It's like he knows his flaws, but doesn't understand them. Actually, now that I think about it, "knowing but not understanding" describes him to a tee, just generally speaking.

I never particularly liked him, but I did subscribe to him a while ago for a couple weeks/months to see how he'd evolve cause I thought, well, he seemed like he at least tries to be a decent human being, so all he needed was deeper critical thinking to make his videos good, and that can be worked on fairly easily if you're willing to. He failed. For now, at least. From what I understand, he was pretty bitter about religion after his breakup with christianity but eventually got better? Maybe this is a similar "angry at SJW's!!" phase. Whatever, not holding my breath.

amandamcshane1
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:53 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by amandamcshane1 »

x

User avatar
cact1

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by cact1 »

Has anyone watched his newest Q&A? He kind of tries to defend his racist comments but I wasn't very convinced by his explanation. I also feel really uncomfortable when he talks to anything related to his sex life. This guy is so creepy.

TheBee
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:45 pm
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by TheBee »

Since you mentioned it, I went and checked it out and...yeah, not buying it either. Saying "I'm not racist" does not make you NOT racist. And your actions in your personal life aren't the only ones that matter, your actions and words online can be harmful, or at least shitty, as well. Yes, even jokes, especially when they're as gratuitous as his terribly unfunny and unoriginal cotton-picking joke. Words, jokes, they don't exist in a vacuum and it's just delusional to think they have no influence on other people, on our views, and ultimately, on our culture. And he gets it when he's not the one under scrutiny - didn't he call out Nicole Arbour for her fat-shaming jokes? But Trisha's trolling videos are A-OK now? There's no problem with his cotton-picking comment? I don't really understand his point ultimately, or where he draws the line.

Not that it's his responsibility to be perfect or anything, but he could just own up to the fact that he likes spouting shitty things online for his racist, anti-feminist audience to eat up. It gets him cheap and easy views, and he gets a sense of validation, since those people are SUPER loyal and dedicated to youtubers who pander to them, so I get why he does it. Maybe what I really get annoyed by is his insistence that he's this subversive, open-minded, totally prejudice-free guy when he's just closing himself more and more into a bitter bubble.

TheBee
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:45 pm
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by TheBee »

Since you mentioned it, I went and checked it out and...yeah, not buying it either. Saying "I'm not racist" does not make you NOT racist. And your actions in your personal life aren't the only ones that matter, your actions and words online can be harmful, or at least shitty, as well. Yes, even jokes, especially when they're as gratuitous as his terribly unfunny and unoriginal cotton-picking joke. Words, jokes, they don't exist in a vacuum and it's just delusional to think they have no influence on other people, on our views, and ultimately, on our culture. And he gets it when he's not the one under scrutiny - didn't he call out Nicole Arbour for her fat-shaming jokes? But Trisha's trolling videos are A-OK now? There's no problem with his cotton-picking comment? I don't really understand his point ultimately, or where he draws the line.

Not that it's his responsibility to be perfect or anything, but he could just own up to the fact that he likes spouting shitty things online for his racist, anti-feminist audience to eat up. It gets him cheap and easy views, and he gets a sense of validation, since those people are SUPER loyal and dedicated to youtubers who pander to them, so I get why he does it. Maybe what I really get annoyed by is his insistence that he's this subversive, open-minded, totally prejudice-free guy when he's just closing himself more and more into a bitter bubble.

User avatar
Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2763
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by Sarai »

He's one of those people that probably gets uneasy around POC and says shit like "I don't mind them if they don't 'act ghetto' " lol
Image

unni_
Informer
Informer
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:36 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by unni_ »

I didn't really want to talk about this guy because, im not trying to diagnose but its impossible to deny, its obvious he has autism or something similar and so I can understand he may not understand some stuff and thats why he acts the way he does, but i just really really hate him.

He's sooooo racist, and he thinks its okay because his content is meant to be 'satirical'? When the whole thing with finebros happened, he was very racist about them being jewish, and everything he says about muslims omg :o the only reason he can get away with this shit is because his viewers are the same as him - weird loner freaks. The majority of them poc and woman hating losers who still live in their parents house.

Honestly, I don't think his racism is only directed towards poc and muslims, he does make videos about hating christians too, but the thing is, the time we're living in now. it's very irresponsible to be saying the things he says about muslims because he's just encouraging hate and ignorance.

His videos are pathetically ignorant and uneducated. And lets not forget he said the n-word multiple times!! And he can't say he's not sexist if he's against feminism, like has he never taken a history class?? pains me to watch his vids but i like to be reminded of just how dumb people can be sometimes

unni_
Informer
Informer
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:36 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by unni_ »

I didn't really want to talk about this guy because, im not trying to diagnose but its impossible to deny, its obvious he has autism or something similar and so I can understand he may not understand some stuff and thats why he acts the way he does, but i just really really hate him.

He's sooooo racist, and he thinks its okay because his content is meant to be 'satirical'? When the whole thing with finebros happened, he was very racist about them being jewish, and everything he says about muslims omg :o the only reason he can get away with this shit is because his viewers are the same as him - weird loner freaks. The majority of them poc and woman hating losers who still live in their parents house.

Honestly, I don't think his racism is only directed towards poc and muslims, he does make videos about hating christians too, but the thing is, the time we're living in now. it's very irresponsible to be saying the things he says about muslims because he's just encouraging hate and ignorance.

His videos are pathetically ignorant and uneducated. And lets not forget he said the n-word multiple times!! And he can't say he's not sexist if he's against feminism, like has he never taken a history class?? pains me to watch his vids but i like to be reminded of just how dumb people can be sometimes

Cauliflower5
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:00 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by Cauliflower5 »

I feel sorry for him. He just seems a bit unstable.

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 »

Encyclopedia wrote:
feistyflamigo wrote:So he isn't with that girlfriend he met online anymore?
No one really knows for sure unless someone knows Daniel in real life and could dig, but honestly my answer is no, in fact some us speculated him ever having that girlfriend at all.
I watched video that was like "10 Facts about Me" or something like that and he said that he is in love with someone, so he probably still is with that girlfriend.
Image

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 »

I'm so fucking glad there's a thread on here for him. I used to sub to him back in 2012-2013 but unsubbed him late 2014. Even though I'm religious (I'm Muslim), I always liked looking at other people's POV when it comes to religion. But then he turned into a anti-feminist, islamophobic racist bigot and was just like lol nope not doing this anymore. I do go on his channel sometimes because he does have good points on things, but then he'll say something about feminism and I just closed the video because I don't want to deal with that shit.

I also remember him talking about the first time he ever ate his girlfriend out and how she queefed in his face...that's not something you really share on the internet.
Image

User avatar
Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2763
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by Sarai »

romr211 wrote: I also remember him talking about the first time he ever ate his girlfriend out and how she queefed in his face...that's not something you really share on the internet.
Wtf lol Which video was this?

I don't think his gf is with him anymore. He mentioned in his video about being open minded that he drove her away because of his depression. And that he was taking his anger out on her without meaning to. I'd move out too if I had to be around someone so miserable.
Image

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 »

Sarai wrote:
romr211 wrote: I also remember him talking about the first time he ever ate his girlfriend out and how she queefed in his face...that's not something you really share on the internet.
Wtf lol Which video was this?

I don't think his gf is with him anymore. He mentioned in his video about being open minded that he drove her away because of his depression. And that he was taking his anger out on her without meaning to. I'd move out too if I had to be around someone so miserable.
Tbh, I don't even remember what the name of the video is. I think it was made in like early 2014 or late 2013. I'd rather not look through his videos just to find it because even the titles of his videos make me heated.
Image

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 »

I also remember he did a video with her before they had started dating (I think they did the Baby Food Challenge), and he made a sexual joke that was just really fucking weird and she looked so uncomfortable. I might be able to find that one.

I tried looking for it and it's not there. He must have taken it down.
Image

User avatar
SpecialKai
Learner
Learner
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:29 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by SpecialKai »

romr211 wrote:I'm so fucking glad there's a thread on here for him. I used to sub to him back in 2012-2013 but unsubbed him late 2014. Even though I'm religious (I'm Muslim), I always liked looking at other people's POV when it comes to religion. But then he turned into a anti-feminist, islamophobic racist bigot and was just like lol nope not doing this anymore. I do go on his channel sometimes because he does have good points on things, but then he'll say something about feminism and I just closed the video because I don't want to deal with that shit.

I also remember him talking about the first time he ever ate his girlfriend out and how she queefed in his face...that's not something you really share on the internet.
I'm also an un-subscriber. It was the pseudo-intellectualism that got to me.

He wants to be this enlightened genius when in reality he is a sheltered, undereducated, homeschooled Christian boy with little life experience giving unqualified advice. If I'm recalling correctly, he even admitted he doesn't really know enough to hand out some of the advice he espouses. I could be wrong about that but can't be fucked to search through his videos to find him admitting such.

His apartment video for example was such basic common sense, and yet he made himself out to be so "profound" and "knowledgeable" with all of these nuggets of wisdom to share. He's been caught plagiarizing videos from bigthink on topics he likely doesn't know much about to further drive this point home.

He's so arrogant too. What a special little snowflake. I couldn't with the video about the "different types of loneliness." "LOOK AT ME, I'M SO FUCKING OSTRACHIZED AND ALIENATED AND UNIQUE!"

And then there's this oldie but goodie:

[youtube][/youtube]

I just can't whenever he tries to sound insightful. It's fucking cringworthy. . :roll: And did he really have to quote Nietzsche? :rofl:

I also got the feeling he took that trip to Africa for the merit and the "look at what a good guy I am!" rather than because he genuinely cared. I don't care what he says, especially since he bragged about it in plenty of his videos during that time. "Look at me! I'm taking a trip to Africa to help others!"

I can't with the preachy moral superiority.

Here's more pseudo-deep tomfoolery:

[youtube][/youtube]

Dark? Go read some Edgar Allan Poe.

The way he handles depression got to me too. At first I liked how honest and open he was about it, but the (now deleted) video about how he planned to kill himself by age 25? I don't doubt his depression is real, but glamorizing suicide in this way is not cool. Seek help instead.

I usually don't like undertakerfreak but I completely agree here:

[youtube][/youtube]

I discovered him when he was actively criticizing Onision. Onision is a douche and I agreed with his points. I believe this was around the time he was questioning religion and converted to deism. I went through a similar experience with questioning my own faith and found his journey genuine and humbling,. The stutter was a little annoying (but he couldn't help it so I let it slide) and he seemed like a pseudo geek but I enjoyed his content. Then he went a little overboard with appearing smart and I couldn't take it anymore.

What's funny is he hasn't really changed. He's as preachy about atheism as he was about Christianity. He's also such a rip off of The Amazing Atheist. Say what you want about TJ, but he pulls off atheist and anti-feminist diatribes better than Daniel. He really has no thoughts of his own and never really has.

His "My First Time" video was total cringe. He overshares his personal life for sure. I also wonder if he was lying, or at the very least exaggerating. Who is aroused by the ABC method? Why would you laugh so hard over a queef? That wasn't even what bothered me though. It was a grown man calling his penis a "twinkie dink." :roll:

I'm glad for this thread too. Feels good to rant man.

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 »

SpecialKai wrote:And then there's this oldie but goodie:

[youtube][/youtube]

I just can't whenever he tries to sound insightful. It's fucking cringworthy. . :roll: And did he really have to quote Nietzsche? :rofl:
Oh God, I remember this video :rofl: "How dare people use their own money that they worked for to buy themselves a boat!!!!! You obviously don't care about poor people like me!!!!" People can be charitable and still treat themselves to luxury items.
SpecialKai wrote:I also got the feeling he took that trip to Africa for the merit and the "look at what a good guy I am!" rather than because he genuinely cared. I don't care what he says, especially since he bragged about it in plenty of his videos during that time. "Look at me! I'm taking a trip to Africa to help others!"

I can't with the preachy moral superiority.
He acts as if in order to be a good person you have to give all your money to charity and then boast about it every 5 seconds. Sorry dude, but not everyone likes to put themselves on a pedestal for being charitable because being charitable is something that people should always fucking do as often as they can. Every time I take a shit, I don't boast about it because taking a shit is something you're supposed to do.

[youtube][/youtube]

Also this video is so ironic because I've always had the feeling that he has that "Nice Guy" mentality as well.
Image

User avatar
AspieLogic
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:26 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by AspieLogic »

I've watched Daniel for a few years, I've watched some of his earlier videos when he was still religious. I still watch watch him but in the last couple months he's made a few videos that almost made me want to unsubscribe. When his girlfriend left him he went off the deep end. I made a video of himself getting blackout drunk. I think he's gotten crasser if that is at all possible. He's truly does not care about what he says. I mean god forbid he says something that his viewers don't like, they'll call him out on it and he snarkily basically tell the Fucking you very much, I don't need your views or click Bye! He has a very selfdepricating attitude towards his channel. I mean it's almost like he is trying to push all of his viewers away on purpose... I don't know. I can't see myself subscribed to him much longer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 »

AspieLogic wrote:I've watched Daniel for a few years, I've watched some of his earlier videos when he was still religious. I still watch watch him but in the last couple months he's made a few videos that almost made me want to unsubscribe. When his girlfriend left him he went off the deep end. I made a video of himself getting blackout drunk. I think he's gotten crasser if that is at all possible. He's truly does not care about what he says. I mean god forbid he says something that his viewers don't like, they'll call him out on it and he snarkily basically tell the Fucking you very much, I don't need your views or click Bye! He has a very selfdepricating attitude towards his channel. I mean it's almost like he is trying to push all of his viewers away on purpose... I don't know. I can't see myself subscribed to him much longer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
He always talks about how "Oh I hate Youtube!!" "I don't care about my subscribers anymore!!!" Like if you hate Youtube that much, then leave???
Image

User avatar
sk8rglam
Talker
Talker
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:30 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by sk8rglam »

I'm surprised to see a thread of Daniel on here. I used to watch him all the time and I agreed with a lot of his views, and then he started becoming much more harmful and radical in the way he presented his opinions (can't remember exactly what set me off, it was 2-3 years ago) but I watched him again a few months ago and he is completely unbearable. Racist, sexist, xenophobic, etc., he's those guys you see on Facebook posts about God saying "you all are so ignorant, God isn't real! You're all blind sheep!" Like, calm down. As long as you're not hurting anyone with your beliefs, you're good. He gets so worked up about every little thing and he says some horrible stuff and I'm surprised people even follow him anymore. He is so out of touch and uneducated and it's unsettling.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by romr211 »

He started to set me off the first time he started making videos about Anita Sarkeesian. There are some things that she says that I feel she's reaching a bit and things that I disagree with, but overall she's not doing anything WRONG. All she's doing is just pointing out the sexism in the video game industry, which there is a lot of sexism. And he always has to make a video response to EVERY SINGLE FUCKING VIDEO she makes. The poor woman already receives so many rape and death threats.
Image

User avatar
AspieLogic
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:26 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by AspieLogic »

romr211 wrote:He started to set me off the first time he started making videos about Anita Sarkeesian. There are some things that she says that I feel she's reaching a bit and things that I disagree with, but overall she's not doing anything WRONG. All she's doing is just pointing out the sexism in the video game industry, which there is a lot of sexism. And he always has to make a video response to EVERY SINGLE FUCKING VIDEO she makes. The poor woman already receives so many rape and death threats.
Agreed. You would have to be ignorant to think there is no sexism. I mean for the most part video games are marketed to teenage boys and men. I'm a 32 year old woman who grew up in the golden age of Mario, I love playing VGs. My favorite is the Mass Effect series. I think one of the reasons I like it so much is because Bioware gives a good nod of acknowledgement to their female fans by having great strong female characters. FemShep is sexy sure, but she is a bad ass first :-) But yes, I'm sick of hear about AS said.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

User avatar
SpecialKai
Learner
Learner
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:29 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by SpecialKai »

unni_ wrote:I didn't really want to talk about this guy because, im not trying to diagnose but its impossible to deny, its obvious he has autism or something similar and so I can understand he may not understand some stuff and thats why he acts the way he does, but i just really really hate him.
Why autism? I never got that vibe (then again I think autism is suggested too loosely these days.) He's clearly troubled however and admits to depression, anxiety and dyslexia. He mentioned dyslexia is the cause of his speech impediment. Does anyone know if that's common in dyslexia? I'm uninformed.

He also claimed to have a math learning disability. Not sure if that's been diagnosed officially but math is definitely not his strength (He discussed failing college algebra 3 times in his "5 Types of Loneliness" video.) That may explain his pseudo-intellectualism. He probably doubts his intelligence and looking smart compensates for that. I kinda feel bad for him.

Regardless, autistics are teachable and it's not an excuse to be an ass. People should point out their crassness so they can learn not to be.
unni_ wrote:He's sooooo racist, and he thinks its okay because his content is meant to be 'satirical'? When the whole thing with finebros happened, he was very racist about them being jewish, and everything he says about muslims omg :o
His bigotry annoys me because he tries too hard to be contrarian. He's an amazingatheist wannabe and it doesn't suit him. I get the impression the vulgarity and misanthropy in his videos increased to prove he's not a naïve, goody goody Christian boy. Daniel can flip off the pope all he wants but he's the same awkward, dorky kid he's been since the beginning and no amount of profanity or atheism will change that.

unni_ wrote:IHonestly, I don't think his racism is only directed towards poc and muslims, he does make videos about hating christians too
You can be racist against Christians? Explain.
unni_ wrote:His videos are pathetically ignorant and uneducated.
Daniel often voices his opinion without researching. Not only is he misinforming his viewers, it makes him look stupid despite trying to look smart. He should look into his claims before asserting them.

romr211 wrote:Oh God, I remember this video :rofl: "How dare people use their own money that they worked for to buy themselves a boat!!!!! You obviously don't care about poor people like me!!!!" People can be charitable and still treat themselves to luxury items.
Many people thought he was jealous. I agree, but it garners more respect to sound like you're concerned with the human condition than to admit to the green eyed monster. :rofl:

I love how he repeated the tired "wealthy people are greedy!" stereotype. Like you pointed out, saying all rich people aren't charitable is generalizing, and he's not the first person to accuse the rich of avarice. How profound and original. :roll:

romr211 wrote:He acts as if in order to be a good person you have to give all your money to charity and then boast about it every 5 seconds. Sorry dude, but not everyone likes to put themselves on a pedestal for being charitable because being charitable is something that people should always fucking do as often as they can. Every time I take a shit, I don't boast about it because taking a shit is something you're supposed to do.
Agreed. I respect people who support causes because it truly matters to them more than people who support causes because it makes them look good.
romr211 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Also this video is so ironic because I've always had the feeling that he has that "Nice Guy" mentality as well.
Haven't seen this one before. I only watched 8 minutes of it tbh. Boring video. Lol @ how he defined what rebounding was in simple terms and proceeded to provide common sense advice on why you shouldn't rebound. He treats his viewers like idiots. His elementary school teacher mentality also led me to unsubscribe.

That video made him look like a nice guy. :rofl: Ironic indeed. Nice guys hate other nice guys just like hipsters haters other hipsters.

He seems clingy and possessive in a 'nice guy' way. I found it nice guy esque when he said if he had a girlfriend, he'd "spoil the hell out of her." Anyone remember which video that was?

I could imagine him pleading some girl to date him at her doorstep yelling, "Why aren't you attracted to me? I'm such a great person and I'd be so good to you! *insert a 'reasons why I love you' speech*" I get stalker vibes tbh. I could never picture myself dating him. :?

I wonder how many of his female viewers find him attractive. His brother is more attractive imo.
aspielogic wrote:He's truly does not care about what he says.
He may not care about offending others, but he definitely cares about sounding intellectual, insightful, subversive, and hardcore. It doesn't work either. He's as edgy as a Hot Topic shirt. :rofl:
sk8rglam wrote:I used to watch him all the time and I agreed with a lot of his views, and then he started becoming much more harmful and radical in the way he presented his opinions (can't remember exactly what set me off, it was 2-3 years ago)
I remember what set me off. It was his (now deleted) video talking about how he's a giver and more compassionate than most or something. It wasn't his views so much as his smugness that made me unsubscribe.

sk8rglam wrote:I watched him again a few months ago and he is completely unbearable.
The most recent videos of his I watched were on furries, bronies and why he wasn't showing his face (it seems he quit doing that from his thumbnails. Not surprised because it seemed like a ploy to get people to ask him about it for attention lol.) Brony one was just a bunch of generalizations and the fury one I had no problems with but everything he said has been said already. The "Y U NO FACE" was pseudo deep and I couldn't even finish it.

He has nothing interesting or groundbreaking to say anymore imo.
sk8rglam wrote:He gets so worked up about every little thing
I admire passionate people, but there's a limit. Daniel overreacts to the point of personal discomfort.
sk8rglam wrote: he says some horrible stuff and I'm surprised people even follow him anymore.
I've thought that since 2013, lol. I used to love him but when I finally realized how cringey he was I wondered how people were still fooled. Seems like more and more people are starting to call him out on his shit and catch on to his ignorance and "controversial, irreverent intellectual" façade though.
romr11 wrote:He started to set me off the first time he started making videos about Anita Sarkeesian. There are some things that she says that I feel she's reaching a bit and things that I disagree with, but overall she's not doing anything WRONG. All she's doing is just pointing out the sexism in the video game industry, which there is a lot of sexism. And he always has to make a video response to EVERY SINGLE FUCKING VIDEO she makes. The poor woman already receives so many rape and death threats.
Sarkeesian definitely over-reaches and deserves some of the criticism she receives. What annoys me is when people use her faulty arguments to counteract her valid ones or make her out to be a cartoony, straw feminist villain. I think some people are biased against her because they hate feminists. Not fair imo.

Mixed on the death threat thing though. She definitely didn't deserve it but disabling comments over it seems dramatic imo. Same thing happened to Laci Green. Green addressed the problem maturely and still has comments open. Also Sarkeesian seems like the type to misinterpret critique as an insult so I could imagine her censoring people for making valid points just because she doesn't want to hear them.

Daniel's feminist videos annoy me though. Seems like he's making them because his idol TJ criticizes feminism too. Like I get it, you are against feminism. He adds nothing new to the table and it seems like he's trying too hard to be divisive in them.

Speaking of TJ, anyone else find his friendship with Daniel really odd? I get the feeling TJ tolerates Daniel because Daniel sucks up to TJ. Wouldn't be surprised if he secretly finds Daniel annoying. That's pure speculation though.

User avatar
SpecialKai
Learner
Learner
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:29 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by SpecialKai »

Speaking of the deleted video that pushed me to unsubscribe (or at least inspired me to later on. I don't remember when it was exactly but it was sometime in 2013 and not much long after this shitty video)

[video][/video]

Not only was it ridiculously self righteous, IT GOT WORSE after I found out he plagiarized it word for word:

http://j-l-foreveruntitled.blogspot.com ... ieces.html

User avatar
AspieLogic
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:26 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: MrRepzion (Daniel Sulzbach)

Post by AspieLogic »

SpecialKai wrote:Speaking of the deleted video that pushed me to unsubscribe (or at least inspired me to later on. I don't remember when it was exactly but it was sometime in 2013 and not much long after this shitty video)

[video][/video]

Not only was it ridiculously self righteous, IT GOT WORSE after I found out he plagiarized it word for word:

http://j-l-foreveruntitled.blogspot.com ... ieces.html
I just did some back tracking via the link you posted as well as watched some anti-repzion videos... How in the holy hell did I miss that shitstorm? Lol I had no idea he plagiarized anyone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Post Reply

Return to “MrRepzion/Daniel Sulzbach”