Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 4

Post by drunkatvogue »

Mille026 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:52 am
I'm guessing it's both based on her horrible acting in Camp Takota and her blatant alcohol problem.
"Blatant alcohol problem" describes 2/3 of the entertainment industry, it's not a barrier to getting work.

Mille026
Talker
Talker

Post by Mille026 »

drunkatvogue wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:34 pm
Mille026 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:52 am
I'm guessing it's both based on her horrible acting in Camp Takota and her blatant alcohol problem.
"Blatant alcohol problem" describes 2/3 of the entertainment industry, it's not a barrier to getting work.
You're right to an extent. If Grace was a phenomenal actress and comedian, it wouldn't be a barrier. Or, if she had huge star power and slapping her name on a project would guarantee sales, then it wouldn't matter. But, she's past her YouTube prime and obviously the talent isn't there. If it was between her and another mediocre actress, but the other girl doesn't have a reputation as a heavy drinker, I'd bet money they would chose the other girl.

Post by Guest »

I thought she was going to go places after she had her tv show, but it seems like she kinda just gave up after that. I don't know,I think both Hannah and Grace just got very comfortable after they gained some sucess. It's sad to see that Grace's video only get like 100 - 200k views, like videos that has been up for a year or more.

Yoona
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Yoona »

Is Elliot still a huge bible thumper? Because I'm not sure how that would work with Grace who is... not. Like at all.

Post by Guest »

I doubt Grace will stay with him

Yoona
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Yoona »

I really can't think of anything that they have in common other than being functioning alcoholics.

Ginahere
Learner
Learner

Post by Ginahere »

Regarding being an alcoholic: In her new video (vlog style, I rather enjoyed it because I used to love FriDiary so much!), she mentions getting off a red-eye flight at 6:30 am and going to a bar, drinking two vodka sodas. That is... concerning.

Seaglass44
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Seaglass44 »

Not only that but she drank two vodka sodas at the bar + whatever she had on the plane + plus drinks at the airport in LA and then...hired a car and drove? Was anyone else concerned with this? Like if you can drink vodka at 6am you have a problem. But don’t make it everyone else’s problem by getting behind the wheel.

peony
Talker
Talker

Post by peony »

She is always so nonchalant about driving drunk. I bet she’s one of those people who thinks that because she doesn’t feel drunk it doesn’t affect her driving.

Spoiler alert: it does.

ohhotdamnthisismyjam
Informer
Informer

Post by ohhotdamnthisismyjam »

peony wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:54 am
She is always so nonchalant about driving drunk. I bet she’s one of those people who thinks that because she doesn’t feel drunk it doesn’t affect her driving.

She probably doesn't feel it. I know she mentioned taking Adderall on the podcast with Mamrie. A lot of people abuse it by taking it to feel more "awake and functional" while drinking which just makes you drink twice as much to get drunk. I'm not saying she IS abusing it but if she does take adderall often and pairs drinking with it she just may think she's not as drunk as she would be without her dose.

peony
Talker
Talker

Post by peony »

ohhotdamnthisismyjam wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:07 am
peony wrote:

She probably doesn't feel it. I know she mentioned taking Adderall on the podcast with Mamrie. A lot of people abuse it by taking it to feel more "awake and functional" while drinking which just makes you drink twice as much to get drunk. I'm not saying she IS abusing it but if she does take adderall often and pairs drinking with it she just may think she's not as drunk as she would be without her dose.
Even if you don’t FEEL drunk you shouldn’t be driving after driving. It really doesn’t matter how drunk you are. Cars and alcohol should never be used together.

ohhotdamnthisismyjam
Informer
Informer

peony wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:38 pm
ohhotdamnthisismyjam wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:07 am
peony wrote:

Even if you don’t FEEL drunk you shouldn’t be driving after driving. It really doesn’t matter how drunk you are. Cars and alcohol should never be used together.

You’re 100% correct. Was just talking about how she might view it or feel it.

If anything listening to this podcast makes it clear to me that she needs help.

flipflopsandsocks50
Learner
Learner

Post by flipflopsandsocks50 »

her and mamrie drink waaay too much...on the podcast mamrie was talking about how she got some kind of detox massage (?) and she was told not to drink for 48 hours afterwards and then her and grace both start busting out laughing like "HAHAH YEAH RIGHT!!" and during another story her and grace had like three martinis at a bar - granted mamrie was going through some stressful shit, but still - and then after they left grace called a fucking booze ordering service for when she got home

ohhotdamnthisismyjam
Informer
Informer

Doesn’t grace also mention that she goes to therapy? Do they discuss her dependence on alcohol? I’m assuming no.

Post by Guest »

I gotta say, in the beginning I was kinda blind to her drinking, like I didn't pay much attention to it, kinda laughed about it. But now i can't stop seeing it.

peony
Talker
Talker

Post by peony »

The Crimson Contract wrote: I gotta say, in the beginning I was kinda blind to her drinking, like I didn't pay much attention to it, kinda laughed about it. But now i can't stop seeing it.
Same here. I didn’t question it before. I was underage and drinking seemed ”cool and quirky”. Now, having seen alcoholism affect people in my life, I feel like I recognise disordered drinking pretty well.

Post by Guest »

I wonder what Grace will be doing in 5 years time. Her best time seems to be over. After that failed tv show everything went downhill.

Post by Guest »

I wonder why she is throwing so much stuff out.

nowherewarm
Learner
Learner

Post by nowherewarm »

Probably just one of many ways to try and get one's shhht together

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

Wouldn't be surprised if she moves again. She always moves a few months into dating a new guy.

Return to “itsgrace”