So...she really doesn't shower??

han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by han_han »

It had been a few days and in that time she flew across the country but no shower? Eeeesh :roll:

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

elegantly wrote:So...she really doesn't shower??
I honestly can't tell if she really doesn't very often or if she's just trying to be quirky and cool

scartissue
Talker
Talker

Post by scartissue »

rachz wrote:
I honestly can't tell if she really doesn't very often or if she's just trying to be quirky and cool
Yeah I find this a really odd thing about her... She seems surprised sometimes in her podcast videos when people shower every day, does she think it's normal to not shower everyday??

anushri36
Talker
Talker

Post by anushri36 »

scartissue wrote:
rachz wrote:
Yeah I find this a really odd thing about her... She seems surprised sometimes in her podcast videos when people shower every day, does she think it's normal to not shower everyday??
To be fair, she's not the only one. Even Jenna Marbles has said that she prefers to shower only every couple of days as her shower process is tedious. And I do know people who follow this same schedule. But I say three days is the absolute max you can go before its's just gross and unhygienic.

princessvoldemort
Informer
Informer

Post by princessvoldemort »

anushri36 wrote:
scartissue wrote:
rachz wrote:
To be fair, she's not the only one. Even Jenna Marbles has said that she prefers to shower only every couple of days as her shower process is tedious. And I do know people who follow this same schedule. But I say three days is the absolute max you can go before its's just gross and unhygienic.
I don't shower every day because my skin gets too dry if I do. Plus, like Jenna Marbles, my shower routine is really tedious.

ughmygosh
Informer
Informer

Post by ughmygosh »

scartissue wrote:
rachz wrote:
What is 'normal' in this sense though? Obviously going for 3-4+ days without showering is not normal because pretty much everybody will start to smell by then, but in that 1-3 day range, there really isn't a 'normal'. People have dry skin issues, some simply don't need to shower daily because they don't sweat or smell, and then of course it depends on what you've done that day. If you've been to work and worked up a bit of a sweat there, then sat out in the hot sun for a few hours, then worked out, then yeah, it's gross not to shower. But if all you've done is sat in the house and maybe ran an errand or two, you likely haven't worked your body enough to warrant having a shower. Aside from that, there is that whole water thing going on in California. Of course that shouldn't be an excuse to never ever shower, but if you haven't worked up a sweat, then it'd be pretty ridiculous to take a shower for no reason when the state is having water issues.

skeletween
Lurker
Lurker

Post by skeletween »

Wait, it's normal for you lot to shower everyday? Where I live when I was growing up I was always taught in school and by the people around me that you only need to shower every 3 or 4 days. Obviously if you've been working out or whatever you shower more often than that, but 3-4 days definitely seems to be the norm here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niki900
Informer
Informer

Post by niki900 »

skeletween wrote:Wait, it's normal for you lot to shower everyday? Where I live when I was growing up I was always taught in school and by the people around me that you only need to shower every 3 or 4 days. Obviously if you've been working out or whatever you shower more often than that, but 3-4 days definitely seems to be the norm here!
:| :| :| :| :| :|
3-4 days?
Like... I'm a lazy guy, but if I hadn't showered in 2 days I start feeling really disgusting and the thought of putting my dirty body in the bed, to lay in my own dirt for 7-8 hours...
I on average shower every other day, but most people in Western countries do it daily. Some even twice a day.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

^ I think it's different in every culture. I think it shocked us a little about Grace because she's from the US where it seems the norm to shower everyday or every other day. On top of this Grace does a lot of working out, jogging etc. I would personally find it weird not showering after going for a run.

However different cultures have different norms, so each to their own on that topic, and i don't think there's any need to judge each other's "traditions" in that sense :tu:

skeletween
Lurker
Lurker

Post by skeletween »

niki900 wrote:
skeletween wrote:Wait, it's normal for you lot to shower everyday? Where I live when I was growing up I was always taught in school and by the people around me that you only need to shower every 3 or 4 days. Obviously if you've been working out or whatever you shower more often than that, but 3-4 days definitely seems to be the norm here!
3-4 days?
Like... I'm a lazy guy, but if I hadn't showered in 2 days I start feeling really disgusting and the thought of putting my dirty body in the bed, to lay in my own dirt for 7-8 hours...
I on average shower every other day, but most people in Western countries do it daily. Some even twice a day.
I personally shower everyday or every second day! I live in and am from the UK, but I lived in Ireland for 10 years (above I meant where I *lived* growing up), and I feel like in Ireland you're raised with the mindset that you only shower every few days. This is probably off topic, but I went back to visit a few months ago and was staying with old friends and I was going for a shower for the second day in a row and their daughter goes "Wait, why are you having a shower today? You showered yesterday!"

I think it's probably just strange to me to hear people actually talk about showering everyday because I'm so used to "every third day" or "every fourth day".

skeletween
Lurker
Lurker

Post by skeletween »

niki900 wrote:
3-4 days?
I personally shower everyday or every second day! I live in and am from the UK, but I lived in Ireland for 10 years (above I meant where I *lived* growing up), and I feel like in Ireland you're raised with the mindset that you only shower every few days. This is probably off topic, but I went back to visit a few months ago and was staying with old friends and I was going for a shower for the second day in a row and their daughter goes "Wait, why are you having a shower today? You showered yesterday!"

I think it's probably just strange to me to hear people actually talk about showering everyday because I'm so used to "every third day" or "every fourth day".

SolveThatMystery
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SolveThatMystery »

Grace is a jogger who runs regularly isn't she? It's kind of gross not to shower everyday if you jog everyday, but apparently she may just do stuff to avoid showering everyday like dry shampoo and whatever else (I've heard her mention a few other stuff that I forgot about in her favorites videos). I don't doubt she's probably clean regularly though. I've never seen anyone complain she smells other than herself or Mamrie/Hannah about her farts/feet(?) or something in past videos.
Aside from that, there is that whole water thing going on in California.
This could also be related to the whole thing, but I think she's mentioned this thing since she lived in NY.

I for one think it's just a long running joke thing on her channel. Either way, smell-a-vision doesn't exist still so hoorah for that.

On a different note, I really enjoyed her new video with the prom outfits though I did see someone pointed out that Hannah didn't speak for the first full minute in the comments section, but her designs were more creative than I had expected which was a nice surprise.

It was a good idea for the channel and the guy who's been editing her videos for the Writing With Grace series edited this one which makes her videos seem a lot better tbh. It wasn't anything new from the 3, but it was still fun and Mamrie killed it of course.

anushri36
Talker
Talker

Post by anushri36 »

Snapchat says she and Chester are filming the Chapstick challenge... Isn't this the first time we've ever seen a public acknowledgment of their relationship? This is like really out of character...

ElizabethMarks
Debater
Debater

Post by ElizabethMarks »

anushri36 wrote:Snapchat says she and Chester are filming the Chapstick challenge... Isn't this the first time we've ever seen a public acknowledgment of their relationship? This is like really out of character...
I don't see it as any more of an acknowledgement than when they snapchat when they are in bed together or snapchat when they are going on holidays together or when he snapchats Grace sleeping next to him. :D :D

Return to “itsgrace”