It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Locked
rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:18 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by rachz » Sun May 01, 2016 4:55 am

New thread!

ughmygosh
Informer
Informer
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:42 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by ughmygosh » Sun May 01, 2016 5:30 am

.

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:13 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by peanutella » Sun May 01, 2016 8:33 am

.
Non.

shmeeble
Debater
Debater
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:15 pm
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by shmeeble » Sun May 01, 2016 11:27 am

.
:tu:

shmeeble
Debater
Debater
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:15 pm
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by shmeeble » Sun May 01, 2016 11:30 am

.
:tu:

User avatar
elegantly
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:34 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by elegantly » Mon May 02, 2016 9:00 am

So...she really doesn't shower??

User avatar
han_han
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:29 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by han_han » Mon May 02, 2016 12:45 pm

It had been a few days and in that time she flew across the country but no shower? Eeeesh :roll:

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:18 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by rachz » Mon May 02, 2016 3:28 pm

elegantly wrote:So...she really doesn't shower??
I honestly can't tell if she really doesn't very often or if she's just trying to be quirky and cool

scartissue
Talker
Talker
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:42 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by scartissue » Tue May 03, 2016 10:28 pm

rachz wrote:
elegantly wrote:So...she really doesn't shower??
I honestly can't tell if she really doesn't very often or if she's just trying to be quirky and cool
Yeah I find this a really odd thing about her... She seems surprised sometimes in her podcast videos when people shower every day, does she think it's normal to not shower everyday??

anushri36
Talker
Talker
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:21 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by anushri36 » Tue May 03, 2016 10:32 pm

scartissue wrote:
rachz wrote:
elegantly wrote:So...she really doesn't shower??
I honestly can't tell if she really doesn't very often or if she's just trying to be quirky and cool
Yeah I find this a really odd thing about her... She seems surprised sometimes in her podcast videos when people shower every day, does she think it's normal to not shower everyday??
To be fair, she's not the only one. Even Jenna Marbles has said that she prefers to shower only every couple of days as her shower process is tedious. And I do know people who follow this same schedule. But I say three days is the absolute max you can go before its's just gross and unhygienic.

User avatar
princessvoldemort
Informer
Informer
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:46 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by princessvoldemort » Wed May 04, 2016 5:36 am

anushri36 wrote:
scartissue wrote:
rachz wrote:
elegantly wrote:So...she really doesn't shower??
I honestly can't tell if she really doesn't very often or if she's just trying to be quirky and cool
Yeah I find this a really odd thing about her... She seems surprised sometimes in her podcast videos when people shower every day, does she think it's normal to not shower everyday??
To be fair, she's not the only one. Even Jenna Marbles has said that she prefers to shower only every couple of days as her shower process is tedious. And I do know people who follow this same schedule. But I say three days is the absolute max you can go before its's just gross and unhygienic.
I don't shower every day because my skin gets too dry if I do. Plus, like Jenna Marbles, my shower routine is really tedious.
Image

ughmygosh
Informer
Informer
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:42 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by ughmygosh » Wed May 04, 2016 6:26 am

scartissue wrote:
rachz wrote:
elegantly wrote:So...she really doesn't shower??
I honestly can't tell if she really doesn't very often or if she's just trying to be quirky and cool
Yeah I find this a really odd thing about her... She seems surprised sometimes in her podcast videos when people shower every day, does she think it's normal to not shower everyday??
What is 'normal' in this sense though? Obviously going for 3-4+ days without showering is not normal because pretty much everybody will start to smell by then, but in that 1-3 day range, there really isn't a 'normal'. People have dry skin issues, some simply don't need to shower daily because they don't sweat or smell, and then of course it depends on what you've done that day. If you've been to work and worked up a bit of a sweat there, then sat out in the hot sun for a few hours, then worked out, then yeah, it's gross not to shower. But if all you've done is sat in the house and maybe ran an errand or two, you likely haven't worked your body enough to warrant having a shower. Aside from that, there is that whole water thing going on in California. Of course that shouldn't be an excuse to never ever shower, but if you haven't worked up a sweat, then it'd be pretty ridiculous to take a shower for no reason when the state is having water issues.

skeletween
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:38 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by skeletween » Wed May 04, 2016 6:46 am

Wait, it's normal for you lot to shower everyday? Where I live when I was growing up I was always taught in school and by the people around me that you only need to shower every 3 or 4 days. Obviously if you've been working out or whatever you shower more often than that, but 3-4 days definitely seems to be the norm here!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
niki900
Informer
Informer
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 9:52 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by niki900 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:32 am

skeletween wrote:Wait, it's normal for you lot to shower everyday? Where I live when I was growing up I was always taught in school and by the people around me that you only need to shower every 3 or 4 days. Obviously if you've been working out or whatever you shower more often than that, but 3-4 days definitely seems to be the norm here!
:| :| :| :| :| :|
3-4 days?
Like... I'm a lazy guy, but if I hadn't showered in 2 days I start feeling really disgusting and the thought of putting my dirty body in the bed, to lay in my own dirt for 7-8 hours...
I on average shower every other day, but most people in Western countries do it daily. Some even twice a day.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:18 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by rachz » Wed May 04, 2016 12:20 pm

^ I think it's different in every culture. I think it shocked us a little about Grace because she's from the US where it seems the norm to shower everyday or every other day. On top of this Grace does a lot of working out, jogging etc. I would personally find it weird not showering after going for a run.

However different cultures have different norms, so each to their own on that topic, and i don't think there's any need to judge each other's "traditions" in that sense :tu:

skeletween
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:38 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by skeletween » Wed May 04, 2016 2:46 pm

niki900 wrote:
skeletween wrote:Wait, it's normal for you lot to shower everyday? Where I live when I was growing up I was always taught in school and by the people around me that you only need to shower every 3 or 4 days. Obviously if you've been working out or whatever you shower more often than that, but 3-4 days definitely seems to be the norm here!
:| :| :| :| :| :|
3-4 days?
Like... I'm a lazy guy, but if I hadn't showered in 2 days I start feeling really disgusting and the thought of putting my dirty body in the bed, to lay in my own dirt for 7-8 hours...
I on average shower every other day, but most people in Western countries do it daily. Some even twice a day.
I personally shower everyday or every second day! I live in and am from the UK, but I lived in Ireland for 10 years (above I meant where I *lived* growing up), and I feel like in Ireland you're raised with the mindset that you only shower every few days. This is probably off topic, but I went back to visit a few months ago and was staying with old friends and I was going for a shower for the second day in a row and their daughter goes "Wait, why are you having a shower today? You showered yesterday!"

I think it's probably just strange to me to hear people actually talk about showering everyday because I'm so used to "every third day" or "every fourth day".


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeletween
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:38 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by skeletween » Wed May 04, 2016 2:47 pm

niki900 wrote:
skeletween wrote:Wait, it's normal for you lot to shower everyday? Where I live when I was growing up I was always taught in school and by the people around me that you only need to shower every 3 or 4 days. Obviously if you've been working out or whatever you shower more often than that, but 3-4 days definitely seems to be the norm here!
:| :| :| :| :| :|
3-4 days?
Like... I'm a lazy guy, but if I hadn't showered in 2 days I start feeling really disgusting and the thought of putting my dirty body in the bed, to lay in my own dirt for 7-8 hours...
I on average shower every other day, but most people in Western countries do it daily. Some even twice a day.
I personally shower everyday or every second day! I live in and am from the UK, but I lived in Ireland for 10 years (above I meant where I *lived* growing up), and I feel like in Ireland you're raised with the mindset that you only shower every few days. This is probably off topic, but I went back to visit a few months ago and was staying with old friends and I was going for a shower for the second day in a row and their daughter goes "Wait, why are you having a shower today? You showered yesterday!"

I think it's probably just strange to me to hear people actually talk about showering everyday because I'm so used to "every third day" or "every fourth day".


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
SolveThatMystery
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by SolveThatMystery » Sat May 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Grace is a jogger who runs regularly isn't she? It's kind of gross not to shower everyday if you jog everyday, but apparently she may just do stuff to avoid showering everyday like dry shampoo and whatever else (I've heard her mention a few other stuff that I forgot about in her favorites videos). I don't doubt she's probably clean regularly though. I've never seen anyone complain she smells other than herself or Mamrie/Hannah about her farts/feet(?) or something in past videos.
Aside from that, there is that whole water thing going on in California.
This could also be related to the whole thing, but I think she's mentioned this thing since she lived in NY.

I for one think it's just a long running joke thing on her channel. Either way, smell-a-vision doesn't exist still so hoorah for that.

On a different note, I really enjoyed her new video with the prom outfits though I did see someone pointed out that Hannah didn't speak for the first full minute in the comments section, but her designs were more creative than I had expected which was a nice surprise.

It was a good idea for the channel and the guy who's been editing her videos for the Writing With Grace series edited this one which makes her videos seem a lot better tbh. It wasn't anything new from the 3, but it was still fun and Mamrie killed it of course.

anushri36
Talker
Talker
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:21 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by anushri36 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:44 pm

Snapchat says she and Chester are filming the Chapstick challenge... Isn't this the first time we've ever seen a public acknowledgment of their relationship? This is like really out of character...

ElizabethMarks
Debater
Debater
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:47 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by ElizabethMarks » Sun May 08, 2016 11:12 pm

anushri36 wrote:Snapchat says she and Chester are filming the Chapstick challenge... Isn't this the first time we've ever seen a public acknowledgment of their relationship? This is like really out of character...
I don't see it as any more of an acknowledgement than when they snapchat when they are in bed together or snapchat when they are going on holidays together or when he snapchats Grace sleeping next to him. :D :D

anushri36
Talker
Talker
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:21 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by anushri36 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:18 pm

ElizabethMarks wrote:
anushri36 wrote:Snapchat says she and Chester are filming the Chapstick challenge... Isn't this the first time we've ever seen a public acknowledgment of their relationship? This is like really out of character...
I don't see it as any more of an acknowledgement than when they snapchat when they are in bed together or snapchat when they are going on holidays together or when he snapchats Grace sleeping next to him. :D :D
I'm not confused about the snapchat. That's always been the grester vessel. I'm confused about the video.

User avatar
IAmBea
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:33 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by IAmBea » Mon May 09, 2016 6:30 am

I really doubt it's an actual chapstick challenge they filmed.
The person who doesn't show any signs of afection in public isn't suddenly going to have a video of of her kissing her bf. Like it was mentioned above, it is completly out of character for Grace to do that. Not to mention the fact she doesn't seem too fond of typical challenge videos.
(my best is that they'll blindfold eachother, apply the chapstick on the other person, so they guess the flavor)

Snapchat is like their bubble, that probably less than half of her followers watch....just look at comments of any video/photo she posts with Chester, so many people asking ''are they dating?'' . Even when it couldn't be more obvious (ie her ''NYE in New York'' Fridiary) or the instagram photo she posted on his bday.

User avatar
o_O
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 2:31 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by o_O » Mon May 09, 2016 7:09 am

I thought her take on the Chapstick Challenge was hilarious. Like Chester said, "This is your biggest troll video!" Looks like she is a little more comfortable showing their relationship.
Image

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1001
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:18 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by rachz » Mon May 09, 2016 7:19 am

o_O wrote:I thought her take on the Chapstick Challenge was hilarious. Like Chester said, "This is your biggest troll video!" Looks like she is a little more comfortable showing their relationship.
Oh hells yesss, i loved that video, especially the ending!

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:13 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: It's Grace (formerly DailyGrace) - Grace Helbig Part 3

Post by peanutella » Mon May 09, 2016 7:51 am

I can't believe she kept the kiss in! They are so cute together though.

She's gonna get a crazy amount of views on this :tu:
Non.

Locked

Return to “itsgrace”