itsgrace (formerly dailygrace) Part Dos Equis!

A_L_M
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: itsgrace (formerly dailygrace) Part Dos Equis!

Post by A_L_M »

I don't care much for her snapchats. It's mostly Grace trying new snapchat features and making rainbows barf out her mouth or distorting her face.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

IAmBea wrote:I love(d) Fridiary. It's a lot better than most youtubers' vlogs ,and as much as I love Grace,better than some of of her videos *cough*Commenting on comments*cough*...but yeah, it was clear she was no longer enjoying it as much,so I'm on the ''whatever makes her happy'' field. If the type of video doesn't apeal to me, I simply won't watch it, no harm no foul.
Though I hope she films every once in a while, or when she did a ''day in the life''...
but for those who can't use snapchat, some tumblrs have her stories

http://gracehelbigsnats.tumblr.com/
god the commenting on comments videos are tedious aren't they

anushri36
Talker
Talker

Post by anushri36 »

Am I the only one that thinks Chester's been kind of aloof lately? Like, Grace is clearly going through some kind of internal crisis and it feels like he either doesn't know or doesn't know how to help. As someone who lives with her, I would've expected him to be a little more in tune to her anxiety. I understand that we see very minimal portions of their daily lives, but I'm still concerned about whether Grace is getting the support she needs right now.

Also, I think what adds to her stress is the fact that she puts out three videos a week. I don't know of any other youtuber that posts more than two, and even then they complain about the struggle and time crunch. It's not like her subscribers took off when she made the decision to cut back from five videos to three, and if it means better quality content than reacting to six replies on her social media for five minutes then I'm cool with only a Monday and Friday video or something.

I also don't totally understand what Chester's been "working on" for the past year. As far as I can tell, he's been writing that "first song on the album" for about four months now. And maybe it's because he doesn't snapchat when he works, but the announcement of the tv series came out a long time ago and there's been little to no update on the status of that project.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

anushri36 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks Chester's been kind of aloof lately? Like, Grace is clearly going through some kind of internal crisis and it feels like he either doesn't know or doesn't know how to help. As someone who lives with her, I would've expected him to be a little more in tune to her anxiety. I understand that we see very minimal portions of their daily lives, but I'm still concerned about whether Grace is getting the support she needs right now.

Also, I think what adds to her stress is the fact that she puts out three videos a week. I don't know of any other youtuber that posts more than two, and even then they complain about the struggle and time crunch. It's not like her subscribers took off when she made the decision to cut back from five videos to three, and if it means better quality content than reacting to six replies on her social media for five minutes then I'm cool with only a Monday and Friday video or something.

I also don't totally understand what Chester's been "working on" for the past year. As far as I can tell, he's been writing that "first song on the album" for about four months now. And maybe it's because he doesn't snapchat when he works, but the announcement of the tv series came out a long time ago and there's been little to no update on the status of that project.
I don't know honestly, i find Chester ridiculously boring so don't really pay attention to him. I've noticed he hasn't been featuring in Graces videos as much, and he hasn't been travelling with her when she does things on the other side of the country.

IAmBea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmBea »

I think whatever is going on with Grace is probably due to working too much. Home girl is always up to something. When was the last time she actually took some time off? Wasn't it around her bday? Last year she had a lot on her plate...
That and maybe her creative juices not flowing so much?

But IMO it's hard to say how much she's being helped not only by Chester, but by her friends, Diane, Jack Ferry etc. With her being a grown woman, if she doesn't think she needs help,then no one can help her. She's said before that she represses emotional stuff.

With that being said, I really do think she could use some time off. Maybe even uploading less during the week if she is feeling too much pressure.

As for Chester, I like him, he seems like a nice guy, as much as I dislike some of his content.
He did seem to go through a ....weird-sh phase too last year and earlier this year,didn't post on snapchat for a long time,and stopped posting videos .. But most of his work appear to be off camera now, recording songs, helping his friends record/film stuff. working on new decks for trivy...and he is heavily involved with that social media to share gastronomic experiences that Grace has been promoting.
I think he simply isn't going on so much work travels with Grace lately, and several of her latest fridiaries have been about (work) trips he wasnt on.
Maybe Grace won't have him in videos anymore so there won't be 2625263829 ''are they dating ?'' comments. (one day I will take a shot everytime soneone asks that on a photo or video Grace posts that he is in) :rofl:

TheMorningStar
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by TheMorningStar »

Her channel is just depressing at this point. I started watching her a while before she moved to LA, and it honestly seems like she's a different person. Whatever spark she had back then seems totally gone.

And now she's looking super gaunt and has this horrible haircut and grey dye job. Idk what she's thinking at this point.

harvestmoongoddess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by harvestmoongoddess »

so i watched one of grace's vids for the first time. since i watch the bachelor. didnt hate it

harvestmoongoddess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by harvestmoongoddess »

but that haircut on her+the color is yikes

ughmygosh
Informer
Informer

Post by ughmygosh »

harvestmoongoddess wrote:but that haircut on her+the color is yikes

Snap. I adore Grace in the sense that I'm a grown woman, not a 14 year old fan girl. But you're right, YIKES.

It was clear from the first dye job that it wasn't going to suit her. I know it wasn't fully done, but it was still so clear. I'm so shocked that nobody even pointed it out to her. I know they might have privately, but I just think if somebody had pulled her aside and said "Homegirl, that color does not work well on you." then she would've just gone back to blond and said like "I realized what a terrible mistake gray was."

Or maybe they did and she is legit in some internal crisis.

Lydia Deetz
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

itsgrace (formerly dailygrace) Part Dos Equis!

Post by Lydia Deetz »

Her hair needs some texture / body, it is so blunt and flat against her head - almost looks like a wig. And yep, the colour is yikes!
Live people ignore the strange and unusual
I myself am strange and unusual

IAmBea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmBea »

When I saw the first snap she posted of it, I liked it...but now,after seeing it more, it's ''yikes''..... it doesn't match her at all. Plus given her skin is very pale,and how skinny she is now...it's not helping.
The way she had her hair last year,after she removed the awful extensions, I actually loved it, cute haircut, the wavy-ish way also looked good and had a nice color. Even some of the times it was brown I liked it.

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

The gray hair is so so awful... Ages her 5 years. My impression of Grace for the past 3 years or so has been that she never saw herself being a youtuber for this long. She talks a lot about new media being just as worthwhile as traditional media, but I don't think she really believes it. She wants to become a legit actress, but maybe because of her social anxiety - the girl doesn't do well in auditions. I mean she's a tall and pretty blonde, you'd think she'd book something by now like a guest spot on SVU but nope. Her E! show was an attempt to translate her youtube success into tv and it failed miserably. Her success online remains meaningless in her pursuit of a mainstream career and I imagine it is a hard pill for her to swallow. The girl is 30 now, and the older she gets the more frustrated she gets. I dont think she wants to to be on youtube in 5 years catering to the same online teengirl audience.

IAmBea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmBea »

I feel like her show was terribly handled by both parts.
And if E! had slowly introduced her to the audience by being a frequent guest on The Soup and Chelsea Handler's final season given her segments comedy/variety shows and THEN see what she could bring to the table. things might have gone differently. On her end, a lot of people watching traditional media aren't quite as ready to have talk shows on such different formats like hers was. And they certainly don't give a fuck about her internet friends who were always there.
Her online fanbase alone couldn't help her show, considering not all of them live in the US.....so I don't know what they were expecting.

But from the bottom of my heart I hope she finds her own voice and a way to express herself that makes her happy.
She is one of my favorite youtubers/people online, and one of the few I really think is a hard worker.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

Oh god, for the first time, i've not been able to watch 2 Grace Helbig videos the whole way through without getting seriously bored (aunts rants and bachelor ones). Grace - what's happened ?! :(

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

rachz wrote:Oh god, for the first time, i've not been able to watch 2 Grace Helbig videos the whole way through without getting seriously bored (aunts rants and bachelor ones). Grace - what's happened ?! :(
I agree, they were not good :? Even Mamrie (who usually improves everything just by being present) can't save aunts rants.
Non.

ughmygosh
Informer
Informer

Post by ughmygosh »

rachz wrote:Oh god, for the first time, i've not been able to watch 2 Grace Helbig videos the whole way through without getting seriously bored (aunts rants and bachelor ones). Grace - what's happened ?! :(
Same. I feel as if they'r dragging out Aunts Rants now, and that bachelor one was awful. The award show reviews are fine because she's generally talking about what they're wearing, which the majority get told what to wear, but the Bachelor review was just too far. I get that it's all in jest, and I'm not super "OH MY GOD, THAT'S OFFENSIVE" about every single little thing, but she was definitely crossing the line there.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

ughmygosh wrote:
Same. I feel as if they'r dragging out Aunts Rants now, and that bachelor one was awful. The award show reviews are fine because she's generally talking about what they're wearing, which the majority get told what to wear, but the Bachelor review was just too far. I get that it's all in jest, and I'm not super "OH MY GOD, THAT'S OFFENSIVE" about every single little thing, but she was definitely crossing the line there.
Yeah the first aunts rants was alright, but already pretty dull.
I find the award show reviews enjoyable for the same reason as you, and the fact that i usually know the people she's talking about
I didn't actually watch very much of the bachelor one so i don't know if i would have found it offensive but i had no clue who any of them were (from the UK) so it was completely lost on me

Cyllene
Learner
Learner

Post by Cyllene »

Is anyone else a little creeped out by this Tony Robbins retreat a big group of YouTubers went on? The Snaps and other social media from it looked like a mind controlled cult gathering. The screaming, dancing, celebrity testimonials and posed pictures with private jets just reminded me too much of that Scientology movie (Going Clear).

Crylaugh
Informer
Informer

Post by Crylaugh »

Cyllene wrote:Is anyone else a little creeped out by this Tony Robbins retreat a big group of YouTubers went on? The Snaps and other social media from it looked like a mind controlled cult gathering. The screaming, dancing, celebrity testimonials and posed pictures with private jets just reminded me too much of that Scientology movie (Going Clear).
I don't know who Tony Robbins is, I've only seen the (same) picture posted on Grace and Chester's instagram. I saw that Chester also hashtagged #amovementiscoming or something like that. What is this whole thing about?

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

Oh boy, I just checked out his website and yup, it seems very cult-like to me. :? It even has celebrity testimonies .

RUN, GRACE, RUUUUUUUUUN (please...you're better than that)

Here's the site if you wanna take a look https://www.tonyrobbins.com/
Non.

Return to “itsgrace”