itsgrace (formerly dailygrace) Part Dos Equis!

SolveThatMystery
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: itsgrace (formerly dailygrace) Part Dos Equis!

Post by SolveThatMystery »

I think the problem with a lot of YouTubers these days is the whole community is less about togetherness and more about competition and projects, which is nice for them to get these opportunities, but for older YouTubers, it's not really what they signed on to do originally and so now they're thrown into this new wave of YouTube which rather than the former "Team Internet" it's more fend for yourself and it's crushing some of them.

However, when channels like Grace's are struggling, (her subscriber count has barely moved lately and she's trying to get to 3 million) I always fail to see why they don't collab more? I feel like collaborating is how people get more attention to their channels and how they bring in a new audience. That's how it used to be anyway and while I know she does her podcast with others, she doesn't really do videos for the channel with others anymore. I mean the challenges she used to do with guests for the channel were kind of like watching a separate video if you didn't care to listen to her podcast. Now these little segments aren't nearly as entertaining without them and I get not wanting to do challenges (they've been exhausted), but do some sort of skit or game or something else!

Tbh, I don't even think it'd hurt if Grace went back and did another sketch comedy class. I think it could not only make for some interesting vlogs for her channel, but could help improve her now kind of rusty skills. Perhaps it'll even be a step away from the teen humor. Not to mention that typically being around new people provides new inspirations and I really think Grace needs that. Yet as of right now, while I wish for her to continue to succeed, I think that where she is now, as much as I hate to say it, I'm worried for her and what is to come of her career in the next few years.

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

As much as I love Grace, I also think she should ditch her channel (or maybe turn it into a fully fledged self-help channel, I think that might work well for her) and focus more on her other projects like her writing and her podcast, all of which I think are truly great. YT seems to have become more of a burden than anything. I could see her writing a self-help-type column for a magazine or something.
Non.

niki900
Informer
Informer

Post by niki900 »

Grace's problem is the type of content she does and the inconsistency in her schedule/video types. It caters to no one.

Kids 16 and younger want stupid challenges and tags, gaming, more recently pointless DIYs. Grace doesn't do those really, bar the occasional awkward challenge for her podcast.
People over 16 want more mature humour or interesting videos, serious videos, something new and exciting. She doesn't really do that.

What does she do? Random ass videos that she comes up with on the spot. A podcast which for adults is too silly, pointless and catered for a younger audience. Meanwhile said kids don't tend to be interested in videos longer than 15 minutes, let alone an hour long podcast. She ends up with content that not many people want to watch and she doesn't get views.
She either needs to swallow her pride and go full on Shane Dawson and start catering to her 12 year old fans and start 'tasting' videos on her channel, or reinvent herself as an adult entertainer. She can do it, but I don't think she has the balls to ditch her young fans.

its_fedora_bitch
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by its_fedora_bitch »

I started watching her years ago, as a 17 year old I thought her fried salad videos were hilarious, but now I just can't stand her. Everything she says seems forced and her jokes are not funny.

harvestmoongoddess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by harvestmoongoddess »

its_fedora_bitch wrote: Everything she says seems forced .
yes this is the exact thing that bugs me so much about her and why i cant enjoy her vids

Yoona
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Yoona »

I think one of the things that annoys me the most is how she feels the need to point out how "awful" she looks at the beginning of every video because she's just so quirky and relateable! Omg, I didn't put on makeup and there's a piece of hair misplaced, so funny! At this point I think she intentionally wears shitty clothes and messes up her hair just to fill in 30 seconds because she honestly has no idea what to talk about.

yolandahuffins
Talker
Talker

Post by yolandahuffins »

Anyone know when her and Chester's anniversary is, or a general idea of it?

anushri36
Talker
Talker

Post by anushri36 »

yolandahuffins wrote:Anyone know when her and Chester's anniversary is, or a general idea of it?
She started wearing the ring around late February-early March of 2014, but I think they were dating a little before Valentine's Day since they did their "dress each other" thing for the first time that year.

summerseriously
Learner
Learner

Post by summerseriously »

She's seriously mentioned not showering in like her last 4 videos... I thought it was a "relatable" thing at first but apparently not. I wonder if that effects Chester and her personal hygiene ya know :?

summerseriously
Learner
Learner

Post by summerseriously »

I don't know what it is but for some reason I almost really want them to break up. Maybe its because everyone assumes they'll get married or something, I don't know but I kinda wanna just watch that shit hit the fan.

rachz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by rachz »

Return to “itsgrace”