Jenna "Agoraphobic 32 year old lady" Marbles - Part 10

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Re: Jenna

Post by ParisianDoll »

Broodwich wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:23 pm
It looks like maybe she was forced to have a party? Or this is an old picture. Actually now that I think about it, it probably is.

Either way I'm guessing she doesn't have a skincare routine because I have 8 years on her but we have about the same eye wrinkles.Image

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Hilarious, my husband texted me this exact picture because she was trending on Twitter yesterday and was like, “JFC she looks 10 years older than you!” - She and I are the same age, my ‘Jesus birthday’ is in a few months. I know she has moved beyond her give a shit years, but why hasn’t she been taking care of her skin?!

Post by Guest »

ParisianDoll wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:22 pm
Broodwich wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:23 pm
It looks like maybe she was forced to have a party? Or this is an old picture. Actually now that I think about it, it probably is.

Either way I'm guessing she doesn't have a skincare routine because I have 8 years on her but we have about the same eye wrinkles.Image

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Hilarious, my husband texted me this exact picture because she was trending on Twitter yesterday and was like, “JFC she looks 10 years older than you!” - She and I are the same age, my ‘Jesus birthday’ is in a few months. I know she has moved beyond her give a shit years, but why hasn’t she been taking care of her skin?!
If I didn't know her, I'd guess she's in her late 30s, like 38. I guess not THAT much older than where she's at now. I don't think she looks over 40 but she definitely looks closer to her 40s than her 20s.

One thing that really annoys me is that she paints a picture of 33 as being old, like all you do is drink wine and stay home. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but she's become a hermit. You never see her out anymore. I'm the same age and go to shows, dinner, movies, festivals, go outside to the park. I think she uses her age to justify her reclusiveness.

crystakat
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jenna "Agoraphobic 32 year old lady" Marbles - Part 10

Post by crystakat »

been lurking on this thread for ages. I couldn't agree more with what everyone is saying, I feel like I'm living in a bizarro world with the comment section on all Jenna's videos just absolutely gushing with positivity and compliments and ~33 year old ladyyyy~ jokes, when Jenna is so CLEARLY not in a good place. I showed a few minutes of one video to my sister, who's barely watched Jenna, and she instantly said she was getting depressive vibes from her. and you can say 'it's an act' but if you put on an act for long enough, it eventually becomes the real you.

I think it's a lot more comfortable for people to believe that Jenna really has matured and is happier now than in her 20s, because of course you want to believe that'll happen with aging, but she just hasn't and it's sad people think this is what growing up does to you. her confidence is gone. like... she radiates defeat. she is so sapped of ambition and passion, and it's been getting worse, I feel like the 2016-2017 era was noticeably better even though that was the start of her regression. do you guys think she will ever wise up and make a change? it seems so unlikely she's going to get out of this rut, precisely because of how comfortable it is. she's got her cushy house and a 'stable' relationship and her dogs and a steady income stream.

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WanderlustX3 »

crystakat wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:31 pm
been lurking on this thread for ages. I couldn't agree more with what everyone is saying, I feel like I'm living in a bizarro world with the comment section on all Jenna's videos just absolutely gushing with positivity and compliments and ~33 year old ladyyyy~ jokes, when Jenna is so CLEARLY not in a good place. I showed a few minutes of one video to my sister, who's barely watched Jenna, and she instantly said she was getting depressive vibes from her. and you can say 'it's an act' but if you put on an act for long enough, it eventually becomes the real you.

I think it's a lot more comfortable for people to believe that Jenna really has matured and is happier now than in her 20s, because of course you want to believe that'll happen with aging, but she just hasn't and it's sad people think this is what growing up does to you. her confidence is gone. like... she radiates defeat. she is so sapped of ambition and passion, and it's been getting worse, I feel like the 2016-2017 era was noticeably better even though that was the start of her regression. do you guys think she will ever wise up and make a change? it seems so unlikely she's going to get out of this rut, precisely because of how comfortable it is. she's got her cushy house and a 'stable' relationship and her dogs and a steady income stream.
Jenna needs someone in her personal life to say something to her rather than constantly enable her. Jenna's channel will probably always remain successful and even if it did die off, i don't really think she would care. So if her channel/career isn't going to be her motivator, her family needs to step in and see what's up.

I wish she would open up about what's going on with her, or maybe she's just in such denial that she doesn't see it. I really loved her sit down and talk type videos and I think we'd all appreciate a mental health chat/general life update from her.
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

crystakat wrote:

Most of her audience is probably younger and isn't really able to notice these things yet. I used to like Grace Helbig and co. when I was a teenager, but then I grew up and realized they're all miserable high-functioning alcoholics.
I don't think she'll ever wise up on her own. She needs to be shaken out of it. Maybe if (or hopefully when) Julien breaks up with her...

RegulusBlack
Learner
Learner

Post by RegulusBlack »

crystakat wrote:

Couldn't agree with you more. Bolded what I've really been feeling recently. I watch a commentary channel that I consider to be really insightful and even in their comment section a popular comment, liked by the youtuber, was about how everyone should watch "Jenna Marbles being a 33 year old lady with 4 dogs and a cute boyfriend". I critiqued her low effort videos and seemingly toxic relationship and got hit with how she's built a good career out of Youtube so she's allowed to do what she wants, she posts once a week which is impressive, I know nothing about her personal life, she doesn't need to please people like me, etc. It makes me question whether my opinions are unfounded but then I go back to her earlier videos and the change is so drastic I have to believe myself. I know I can be petty but I'm not so petty as to go from being her fan for years to writing hate comments without good arguments behind them. I even really liked Julien in the beginning. I want her to succeed and I don't think this is it chief which is why it's so frustrating to see her current fans enable her like this and reinforce the fortress of untouchability she's built for herself. On the whole I feel like fan culture is so toxic because people lose the ability to consume content critically and see their idols as complex people. You become a "fake fan" if you offer anything but praise.

I took a break from Jenna and this forum for almost a year and I'm sad but not surprised to see she is doing ever worse. It's pretty surprising that the tide turned from blaming Julien to blaming Jenna but it does make sense to me because that's exactly what I went through. She's not a damsel in distress who has been forced by Julien to live this life bur rather she's done this to herself. She's given up her agency. I've pretty much given up on Jenna herself because she is just regressing and I find that exhausting and depressing to watch. It's 2019 and it's not fashionable to leave your mental illnesses untreated anymore. There's nothing cute or funny about joking how you don't want to do anything with life. I wish she would just quit Youtube already because I don't see how it's doing her any good. Then again maybe that's the only thing still keeping her somewhat tethered to reality.

Teacup30
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Teacup30 »

crystakat wrote:

All so very true.

I feel like the vibes between her and Juilen are getting worse week by week.
:love1: Strong women don't have attitudes. They have high standards and firm boundaries. :love1:

Post by Guest »

Some people who say that Julien needs to force Jenna to do something or that he's an 'enabler' need to understand that he's a young man, not equipped to deal with mental illness. Their relationship is also on the line and if he pushes her too much, she'll push him away. You can see how hard he's working to try and get her to do stuff and encourage her, but she's not putting any effort in herself to even realise that anything is wrong (or so we think)

YouslessTube
Naughty
Naughty

Post by YouslessTube »

I think Jenna is not aware she has a problem yet. They’re basking in the glory of supportive comments. Literally not one comment on any of her yt video is about what we talk about which baffles me tbh.

RegulusBlack
Learner
Learner

Post by RegulusBlack »

applejuice wrote: Some people who say that Julien needs to force Jenna to do something or that he's an 'enabler' need to understand that he's a young man, not equipped to deal with mental illness. Their relationship is also on the line and if he pushes her too much, she'll push him away. You can see how hard he's working to try and get her to do stuff and encourage her, but she's not putting any effort in herself to even realise that anything is wrong (or so we think)
He's 27 which is hardly young when it comes to knowing about mental illness in this day and age, no? I'm biased however since I have at all points in my life known at least 3 people who have dealt with mental illness and I've helped suicidal friends into therapy yet I'm not as old as Julien is. When it comes to the ones you love you have to push for them to get help even if it's at the cost of them stubbornly pushing you away. I hope someone in Jenna's life is telling her outright that she needs to go to therapy because it's not Julien's job to try to get her out of the house.

Post by Guest »

RegulusBlack wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:13 pm
applejuice wrote: Some people who say that Julien needs to force Jenna to do something or that he's an 'enabler' need to understand that he's a young man, not equipped to deal with mental illness. Their relationship is also on the line and if he pushes her too much, she'll push him away. You can see how hard he's working to try and get her to do stuff and encourage her, but she's not putting any effort in herself to even realise that anything is wrong (or so we think)
He's 27 which is hardly young when it comes to knowing about mental illness in this day and age, no? I'm biased however since I have at all points in my life known at least 3 people who have dealt with mental illness and I've helped suicidal friends into therapy yet I'm not as old as Julien is. When it comes to the ones you love you have to push for them to get help even if it's at the cost of them stubbornly pushing you away. I hope someone in Jenna's life is telling her outright that she needs to go to therapy because it's not Julien's job to try to get her out of the house.
I totally respect you and you're hard work <3 , but everyone's situation is different and not all people understand how to deal with it or what it really is. One vlog he was said he had 'the worst anxiety of his life' where he had nightmares about video games. Also Jenna does have a sense of superiority against him so I can see why he might not want to push her away. But I do agree that it's not Julien's job to get her out of the house, I wish that Rome was still living near her because she went out of her comfort zone more often, like on tours and stuff.
Maybe Rome leaving also had a lot to do with her regressing?

Just to be clear: I don't want to diagnose her or him with anything and I'm really reaching here, but there's not much else to see of their lives.

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

YouslessTube wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:00 pm
I think Jenna is not aware she has a problem yet. They’re basking in the glory of supportive comments. Literally not one comment on any of her yt video is about what we talk about which baffles me tbh.
Have you ever left a less than glowing comment? It's like Armageddon. The 15 yr olds don't mess around when it comes to their "mom and dad" of youtube. It's pretty hilarious.

Lady Grey
Informer
Informer

Post by Lady Grey »

Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:33 pm
YouslessTube wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:00 pm
Have you ever left a less than glowing comment? It's like Armageddon. The 15 yr olds don't mess around when it comes to their "mom and dad" of youtube. It's pretty hilarious.
this is what is so bizzare to me. i started watching jenna at the start of her youtube career. i was about 19 at the time. i adored her and found her so relatable. but now, her content seems like instead of growing up, it just regressed. idk why or when she started catering to an audience of children. she's so against anything sexual now or anything that isn't PG-13. it's just so strange to me. And when you have fans who genuinely loved her for years way before these kids even probably could log onto youtube, trying to make constructive comments because we see the toxic and alarming change, we get attacked by said kids. it's just so strange to me. and i can promise you they know nothing of who she used to be before. i don't even know how or why they find her entertaining. i could see them finding her old content funny "how guys pack a suitcase" vs "how girls pack a suitcase" etc. but how are 12-15 year olds finding any entertainment in her new content? "content" i should say.

goldengossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by goldengossiper »

I wonder if she’s feeling down because two of her married friends (at least, I think they’re still friends, maybe?) Jason/Gabby and Stinky Man/Rome just recently announced their pregnancies. My heart goes out to her, since she seems to want a kid so bad; It must hurt to see her friends being able to conceive. :/

Aelgsk
Learner
Learner

Post by Aelgsk »

goldengossiper wrote:I wonder if she’s feeling down because two of her married friends (at least, I think they’re still friends, maybe?) Jason/Gabby and Stinky Man/Rome just recently announced their pregnancies. My heart goes out to her, since she seems to want a kid so bad; It must hurt to see her friends being able to conceive. :/
Yeah I wonder what’s holding her back from having kids? Obviously there is nothing wrong with someone intentionally not having kids, but she’s mentioned before that she does want kids one day and just wants to “mother” things. so what are they waiting for exactly? She’s 33 now so she’s not getting any younger. They are financially stable and live in a big house. Maybe it’s the age gap between her and Julien perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

Aelgsk wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:04 pm
goldengossiper wrote:I wonder if she’s feeling down because two of her married friends (at least, I think they’re still friends, maybe?) Jason/Gabby and Stinky Man/Rome just recently announced their pregnancies. My heart goes out to her, since she seems to want a kid so bad; It must hurt to see her friends being able to conceive. :/
Yeah I wonder what’s holding her back from having kids? Obviously there is nothing wrong with someone intentionally not having kids, but she’s mentioned before that she does want kids one day and just wants to “mother” things. so what are they waiting for exactly? She’s 33 now so she’s not getting any younger. They are financially stable and live in a big house. Maybe it’s the age gap between her and Julien perhaps?

Theres something called infertility, maybe you've heard of it.

Aelgsk
Learner
Learner

Post by Aelgsk »

Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Aelgsk wrote:

Ok no need for a condescending comment. Obviously I know infertility exists but she’s made no mention of that before.

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

Aelgsk wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:17 pm
Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Aelgsk wrote:

Ok no need for a condescending comment. Obviously I know infertility exists but she’s made no mention of that before.

Because she doesn't have to. I surely don't explain to everyone who rudely asks why I don't have kids.

She doesn't owe anyone an explanation. Not sure why people think it's their right to know why someone doesn't have children.

Aelgsk
Learner
Learner

Post by Aelgsk »

Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Aelgsk wrote:
Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Aelgsk wrote:

Because she doesn't have to. I surely don't explain to everyone who rudely asks why I don't have kids.

She doesn't owe anyone an explanation. Not sure why people think it's their right to know why someone doesn't have children.
I was purely speculation on a gossip forum about possible reasons. I never have and would never ask anyone that in real life. You were the one who brought up her friends having kids bringing her down in the first place.

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

Aelgsk wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:28 pm
Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Aelgsk wrote:
Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Aelgsk wrote:

I was purely speculation on a gossip forum about possible reasons. I never have and would never ask anyone that in real life. You were the one who brought up her friends having kids bringing her down in the first place.

No, I didn't. But anyway...

Return to “JennaMarbles”