Jenna "Agoraphobic 32 year old lady" Marbles - Part 10

escargot123
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Jenna "Agoraphobic 32 year old lady" Marbles - Part 10

Post by escargot123 »

Howdy, fellow SD thread-er!

Even though her fan base seem to be a huge enabling echo chamber, you can hide your body under baggy clothes for so long before weight gain becomes too obvious. And then maybe there will be popping more and more comments re:weight gain, but somehow my prediction is that they will be more concerning than mocking. Yeah, fatphobia+misogyny is live and thriving, but most of her fans been there for long enough to actually care for her (even this thread is not all haters)
糞食らえ

RosaBelle
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Post by RosaBelle »

I could see someone like Pewdiepie (can't think of anyone else rn lol), who has a daily upload schedule, saying they're tired, but she's literally admitted she comes up with and idea and films it all in one day. One single day of filming herself just fucking around and maybe a couple hours of editing is making her that tired? Come on. I hate when people say youtube isn't a real job, but when you do so little, it really isn't. A lot of youtubers work hard to get their audience, but Jenna just films herself playing around one day every week and then does nothing else. Try working a 9-5 or uploading videos you actually have to work on every week.
<3 A party without cake is just a meeting ~ Julia Child <3

AnniaDrama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AnniaDrama »

RosaBelle wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:45 pm
I could see someone like Pewdiepie (can't think of anyone else rn lol), who has a daily upload schedule, saying they're tired, but she's literally admitted she comes up with and idea and films it all in one day. One single day of filming herself just fucking around and maybe a couple hours of editing is making her that tired? Come on. I hate when people say youtube isn't a real job, but when you do so little, it really isn't. A lot of youtubers work hard to get their audience, but Jenna just films herself playing around one day every week and then does nothing else. Try working a 9-5 or uploading videos you actually have to work on every week.
Does she have brand deals, merch and other revenue besides adsense from youtube views?

RosaBelle
Talker
Talker

Post by RosaBelle »

AnniaDrama wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:12 pm
RosaBelle wrote:
Does she have brand deals, merch and other revenue besides adsense from youtube views?
I think she has sponsors on her twitch streams, but I don't think she has sponsors on her regular videos. They seem to have a merch site, but it has no merch on it currently, and I've never heard of them talking about merch so?
<3 A party without cake is just a meeting ~ Julia Child <3

kozume
Informer
Informer

Post by kozume »

RosaBelle wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:26 pm
AnniaDrama wrote:
RosaBelle wrote:
I think she has sponsors on her twitch streams, but I don't think she has sponsors on her regular videos. They seem to have a merch site, but it has no merch on it currently, and I've never heard of them talking about merch so?
the last time she did merch was when she released the pop sockets and the marble and kermit plushies, other than that, she's never really been someone who does merch or anything else other than uploading videos to youtube
English is my second language so i'm sorry for any mistakes

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

DaenerysTargaryen wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:57 pm
So i love the two..i dont enjoy everything they do, but i like them. But.. this just strikes me different. I thought you would wanna have a read yourself..its just. His response to somebody explaining something and then the fans..its just.. toxic (?!)
To be fair, you don't go to someone who's spewing bullshit about auras and try rationally explaining that it's bullshit to them.
He's always struck me as a very naive and impressionable person. He's totally the type of person to go into this kind of experience without any skepticism or critical thinking.

Post by Guest »

Their bffs are Shan and Chris from Neat Dude, right? Shannon has spoken about her depression, but when you look at her insta, she at least tries to cope with it, goes out, spends time with other beings.

bunny__
Informer
Informer

Post by bunny__ »

RosaBelle wrote:
AnniaDrama wrote:
RosaBelle wrote:
Their Twitch has Madrinas and Postmates, who pay very well (their Postmates deal likely has rev share with their code). Then their podcast usually has 2 sponsors every week. They don't sell merch on their own but they sell through other brands like Scramble and Neat Dude.

So they makes a shit ton of money just from this (and Twitch subs/donos). Her YT revenue is non-essential. Which you could argue she started making lazier videos after she moved into that house.

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

bunny__ wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:28 am
RosaBelle wrote:
AnniaDrama wrote:
RosaBelle wrote:
Their Twitch has Madrinas and Postmates, who pay very well (their Postmates deal likely has rev share with their code). Then their podcast usually has 2 sponsors every week. They don't sell merch on their own but they sell through other brands like Scramble and Neat Dude.

So they makes a shit ton of money just from this (and Twitch subs/donos). Her YT revenue is non-essential. Which you could argue she started making lazier videos after she moved into that house.
I think her videos became lazier once they started streaming all day every day, even though it was Julien doing all the real work. Streamers get a SHIT ton of money from donations and subs monthly, probably way more than Jenna gets from youtube now.

goldengossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by goldengossiper »

Lmao someone posted this on the subreddit and got super downvoted
https://i.redd.it/47heacs1ybs31.png

Wanna_see_posts
Talker
Talker

Post by Wanna_see_posts »

goldengossiper wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:34 pm
Lmao someone posted this on the subreddit and got super downvoted
https://i.redd.it/47heacs1ybs31.png
"Removed, rule 1. Remember the Human!!!!" :rofl:

ravenclaw67
Informer
Informer

Post by ravenclaw67 »

I've been thinking something was off with Julien for a while. He's so controlling and isolating and I have said before I wouldn't be surprised if he was abusive. She's definitely showing signs of distress.

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

ravenclaw67 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:51 am
I've been thinking something was off with Julien for a while. He's so controlling and isolating and I have said before I wouldn't be surprised if he was abusive. She's definitely showing signs of distress.
I don't see that at all. If anything, it's the other way around. She openly makes fun of him and mocks him in videos, he seems quiet and more timid in recent videos and there have been a few times where she snapped at him and he physically flinched and said "sorry".

SRW88
Learner
Learner

Post by SRW88 »

Yeah, I've never agreed with the whole 'poor Jenna under Julien's brutish male thumb' narrative- you can tell from everything about their dynamic that she would browbeat him to dust if he ever really stepped out of line. She's the big name, she's 'the talent' (albeit as others have said Julien basically does everything re: Twitch and has his own stuff that seems to be doing pretty well, the cooking videos). The most it's ever looked like Julien can get away with is occasional sullenness and the whole 'Aries' deal, which Jenna shuts down like yesterday if she's had enough. They're both less than perfect in several ways, but I personally just don't see this whole psychological torture angle people have been mentioning for a couple of years now. It's like people can see Jenna's changed (however much and in exactly what way probably varies with each onlooker; I'd say it's pretty obvious it coincided with the car accident situation and the aftermath of that), and given some of Julien's more obvious annoying character traits the only possible conclusion is 'he's clearly a jerk; he must be to blame'.

RegularToe
Informer
Informer

Post by RegularToe »

Facetune my life wrote:sooooo last night Julien said on his twitch stream that Jenna's radio show is over now. So she naps for youtube, is never on their twitch stream, and no longer has a radio show. Don't fucking tell me youre exhausted from working so hard when you literally do fuck all! I'm so mad about how lazy she has become and how little she thinks of her fans. :(
I agree mostly with the criticism around her channel but it’s highly possible she doesn’t discuss meetings and projects in development/pet projects and she really is burning the candles at both ends. I found it strange on the hangover podcast that she had trouble remembering a cryogenic chamber video taping if her life is as uneventful as we assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hooyah123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hooyah123 »

hello everybody...
not new to gc but new to this thread and sadly im finding myself agreeing w a lot of things u guys r saying :(

jenna used to be my fav youtuber and me and my friends would talk about how #relationshipgoals her and julien are but now....

ive even found myself not watching her videos anymore...i havent watched anything from her in the past 2 months and after seeing that video of her taking a nap for 20 million subs, it seemed like a slap in the face.

im deciding on whether or not i should unsubscirbe bc im rlly not feeling it anymore.

idk y jenna is like this and i hope it changes bc i cant imagine that she's happy/content.

i hope she finds he spark again someday
If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

JacksonMack
Learner
Learner

Post by JacksonMack »

I still stand by the car accident playing a major factor in her Youtube content declining. Since she was in pain and emotional distress from it she had to stop working out which had an effect on her looks. (Plus her not so healthy vegan diet with the ordering in a lot of the time and eating junk food.) So while she couldn't do her previous activities she had to find new distractions. Video games and watching more content created by other people online. Since she still made content in this condition and few people hardly complained about the quality it probably flipped a switch in her mind that she really DIDN'T have to try anymore and could pretty much do anything she wanted online so long as it didn't break TOS and fans would still eat it up.

Because of the new video game obsession she and Julien...mostly Julien... started streaming on Twitch more. Since she was already an established brand many of her fans had no problem jumping over there to support her so she and Julien didn't have to start from scratch building a following like most streamers. They were able to make money from Subs and Donations pretty much from day one which then led them to quickly reach Partner status allowing them to make ad revenue and get their streams noticed where they could get sponsors. Since they were now making so much bank off streams why bother putting serious effort into Youtube content? Especially when Youtube likely demonetizes anything that could be similar to the old content she used to make that got millions of views and has rewatchability. So not only is she making lazy Youtube content she's making "safe" content. Because at the end of the day J&J still want all the money they can get so they can live at their current lifestyle status level. She and Julien are also probably soooo tiiiiiired on Youtube filming days because they're up all night on Twitch or scouring their social media for ideas from fans rather than come up with something themselves.

I don't want to call the relationship abusive but they're both clearly depressed and dissatisfied with life to certain degrees. Julien is probably frustrated at the disrespect he's shown for expressing his thoughts and opinions on the podcast (by both Jenna and fans) as well as how his admittedly better quality video content he makes on his own is received in contrast to the lazier content on Jenna's channel. I guarantee if he made a "nap" video fans would freak out and ask if he was okay and speculate on his physical and mental health. But Jenna can do it and she's "goals". Plus he still can't shake off his title as Jenna's SO as opposed to being respected as his own self and individual content creator. On Jenna's end she's likely subconsciously feeling the effects from not getting out of the house all that often and spending time with friends and peers who aren't Julien. So pretty much everything Julien says / does gets under her skin as they're around each other 24/7. Plus being the bigger name in the house I do think she still wants to assert her dominance in a way. As no, no one WOULD know who Julien is if not for her. Even with his Hollywood pedigree background. So when Julien gets more attention than her and the dogs she can't have that. It's definitely dysfunctional but I wouldn't exactly call it abusive. They do both definitely NEED to get out of the house more and interact with other human beings. Plus doing some collabs again with peers would bring fresh content to the channel. I laughed so hard at her makeover collab with Hannah Hart for example and her raunchy "Bounce That Dick" music video that she got a team together to work on is still pretty amusing and close to what I'd call Peak Old Jenna.

Either she needs to take a break from the internet to get her life back together, or take criticism to heart by getting back out of the house and among other human beings again who she doesn't live with and aren't in her family. It would do her a world of good. I truly believe that. Spend some time without Julien and the dogs. Whatever happened to that Kimmy girl she was friends with and was on the channel when she lived in Boston? What about her friendship with Christine Sydelko and Elijah Daniels? Rob Gavagan? Gabbie? What about that Brett guy who was even in a couple of videos? She has a lot of people she can reconnect with.

I'm not a big Shane fan because he's problematic as FUCK but maybe he needs to do a series with her ala Bunny and point out to her face the decline in the quality of her content, that people ARE complaining even if she ignores it, that she has newer creators surpassing her much more quickly just in views per video, and to get off her butt and put some effort into it if she truly does care about Youtube and her fans. Plus aren't they friends? But that probably would never happen. As even if they did make such a series, J&J would just cash in on the views and exposure, maybe make new higher quality content for a month max, then go back to being lazy on Jenna's main channel once the hype died down.

DiabolicalDollx
Talker
Talker

Post by DiabolicalDollx »

That whole "I gOt My aUrA rEaD" bullshit demonstrates Juliens inflated ego that his fans claim is non existing cause J&J are the most humble, realest YTers, ya know?

Those scams work because of people who are self obsessed, self involved, egotistical etc. The scammers who run this shit get a A* for being business savvy for their location choice. A convention full of influencers, YTers & streamers, in LA, the Mecca of narcissism. Genius.

I absolutely, genuinely respect some of Jennas qualities but the fact both her & Julien use astrology as some form of guidance is pretty corny. They will actually justify, dismiss & downplay personality flaws because "Aries bullshit". They also play & act up on their horoscope stereotypes. It's pathetic. Again, astrology is another thing that's tailor-made for self obsessed folk. The less intelligent, more egotistical side of myself will dabble in reading about my star sign (Scorpio) but my rational, self aware, critical thinking side will prevail. I'll entertain it somewhat & find amusement in it but J&J take it all way too literal & apply it way too much.
Tryna make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die.

hooyah123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by hooyah123 »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:26 pm
New thread name ideas?!
can someone who is super creative come up w a title that includes nap in there somewhere bc jenna latest vid is just the epitome of her laziness.
If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until you can hardly bear to look at it.

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

I also like « the prudish Thursday » as a play on her old as time Sexual Wednesday banner.
糞食らえ

Return to “JennaMarbles”