Jenna "Agoraphobic 32 year old lady" Marbles - Part 10

manu_voo
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jenna "Agoraphobic 32 year old lady" Marbles - Part 10

Post by manu_voo »

Funkypuppy wrote:Is there any chance she's under a contract and is trying to get out by posting the worst content ever?
I've stopped watching Jenna long ago, but I do remember her or someone else saying she preferred to be on her own? I don't think she's under contract. May have been discussed in a podcast a while back.

melissa1983
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by melissa1983 »

Funkypuppy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:39 am
Is there any chance she's under a contract and is trying to get out by posting the worst content ever?
No she's just lazy.

Facetune my life
Learner
Learner

Post by Facetune my life »

WOW... that nap video legitimately pissed me off. what a HUGE slap in the face to the fans who got her to 20M. I've been subbed to her since day 1, and I never thought I'd see the day but, I unsubbed to her channel but stayed subbed to Juliens. I used to haaate him, but at least his video's are fun and not just really really sad and depressing. Jenna needs help. I'm not a doctor and cannot diagnose her but fuck, she NEEDS help.
Julien needs to get out and actually live his life like he used to when we all first saw him on her videos.

cherryc0ke
Debater
Debater

Post by cherryc0ke »

Her fans now consist of teenagers and young adults who think it's peak relatable comedy to want to nap after gaining 20M subscribers... :? Literally 90% of the comment section was praising how relatable wanting to take a nap is. Her fans enable her lazy content bc they see themselves in Jenna and all they'd want to do is be a slob with no responsibilities. :bang:

I really hope people can start opening their eyes and see that this behavior is definitely not healthy and it's actually harmful to encourage or excuse the fact that she is miserable and needs to seek help. :help:

Roxyblonde451
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Roxyblonde451 »

I'm done. I've finally pulled the plug on her after this stunt. I didn't even watch it. I can't believe she's got past the point of no return.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Guuuuurl
Informer
Informer

Post by Guuuuurl »

Had to scroll through 90% positive comments, but there were a sampling of negative ones I found. Some sad, some angry, some disappointed. All with thumbs up or comments of agreement added.
comments.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

I'm starting to think she's purposefully self-sabotaging. Maybe she wants out, but straight up quitting youtube would attract too much drama so she's trying to get her viewer base to hate her and leave on their own accord, but it's not working. 🤔🤔🤔
It's probably not true, but I can't justify her behavior otherwise.

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

Wow their comments mustve been passed over by jenna. Mine were almost immediately deleted lolz

tkadvil
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tkadvil »

It really makes me angry seeing all the positive comments. Her fans don't realize it's only enabling her laziness/"possible" depression.

I genuinely think she IS aware of how bad she has gotten but she's so far down she can't pull herself back up. And why should she? She can put less than the bare minimum of work every week and she gets paid way more than any of us ever will at our jobs. Thats the problem.. there is nothing to push and motivate her anymore.

If a lot more people unsubscribed, if the majority of the comments became negative and concerning and calling her out, and if Julien stopped enabling her too I feel thats the ONLY thing that's going to get her shit together

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

rudebintch wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:01 am
I'm starting to think she's purposefully self-sabotaging. Maybe she wants out, but straight up quitting youtube would attract too much drama so she's trying to get her viewer base to hate her and leave on their own accord, but it's not working. 🤔🤔🤔
Jenna's just doing the bare minimum because she gets away with it. When she bought her $3 mil home she mentioned being scared of having a mortgage to pay because Youtube is so unreliable as an income. She clearly still needs and wants a paycheck to maintain her lifestyle, and she's not going to find a better paying job for such little effort. She's going to keep uploading non-content as long as she gets paid for it.
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

fancyvagabond wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:41 am
rudebintch wrote:
Jenna's just doing the bare minimum because she gets away with it. When she bought her $3 mil home she mentioned being scared of having a mortgage to pay because Youtube is so unreliable as an income. She clearly still needs and wants a paycheck to maintain her lifestyle, and she's not going to find a better paying job for such little effort. She's going to keep uploading non-content as long as she gets paid for it.
She could be making triple what she does now if she would just....DO something. I mean, compare her to people like Jeffree Star or The Dolan Twins. They're actually moving forward and trying. Shes such wasted potential. Could you imagine how much animal advocacy she could do with her platform? But no, our gorl takes naps for money.

Chuchi
Informer
Informer

Post by Chuchi »

Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:19 am
Wow their comments mustve been passed over by jenna. Mine were almost immediately deleted lolz
Youtuber have a way blacklisting some words, so those comments get flagged immediately and removed. I am gonna assume that Jenna must have flagged a few words about her content like "boring" and "lazy". Also they can block users and their comments also get deleted (without the user knowing their comment won't show up to other people)

I just watched Julian's new video. The different between both of them is huge, all his cooking is super interesting and well shot. Jenna could do so much by just using the stuff he has at home and a little bit of preparation.

ashleym
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ashleym »

I've said this before on this thread, but It think it got overshadowed by that creepy tattoo someone got of them. I think they are both in couples therapy due to their date night they had not long ago. Thats usually suggested as a way to get back to the start of the relationship and get the spark back. I also think theres something deeper going on with Jenna that she doesn't want to share with everyone. She's always been pretty private about her family except her mom (do we know anything about her dad except her parents divorce?) so I think its a deeper issue she can't really talk about and its taken a huge toll on her mentally. Obviously just an assumption but I would hope Julien is smart enough to stay with her because theres more going on behind the scenes, if we're seeing everything at face value then he's dumb
Last edited by ashleym on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nevertameyourdemons
Debater
Debater

Post by nevertameyourdemons »

mamalady wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:46 am
Someone mentioned Jenna destroying Juliens confidence, and thinking about it from Juliens perspective i think it definitely makes sense. Julien at least puts some kind of effort into his videos, good editing, nice music, the content is watchable - and then theres Jenna, doing the ABSOLUTE bare minimum and still having the support of hundreds of thousands of dinks.

It must be devastating wanting to create good content, but living with someone who doesnt give a shit about their own content. It must be hard when youre ambitious but your SO doesnt support you with your ambition, and i feel like that has to be hurtful for Julien on some level. Maybe I'm overanalyzing and theyre both just laughing their asses off and collecting the monthly paycheck wondering why the hell anyone would watch their videos, but somehow I have this idea that Julien really cares about his stuff.

Julien doesnt want to be just "Jenna Marbles' Boyfriend", and trying to get away from that image must be hard. I think it would be an interesting topic, looking at popular YTers partners and seeing how they feel about their SO's success.
anyone who reads this board knows i really don't like julien very much - i think his place in jenna's life is certainly opportunistic, whether or not they have feelings for each other, and he does think feckin highly of himself. we all suffered through his Very Serious Vlogger phase and his desperation to set himself apart with all of that waffsicle and last minute trips bullshit. i think it's always been in the back of his mind that he's Mr. Jenna Marbles, and it's a chip he's worn on his shoulder since they started dating, but jesus christ it must be hella stifling to be in a relationship with her. it might make his current success more fulfilling, having a creative outlet like his own videos to work on. but i'm worried about them both.

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WanderlustX3 »

Funkypuppy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:13 am
Does anybody want to feel really sad?
God, I miss her.
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

karlibel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by karlibel »

nevertameyourdemons wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:21 pm
mamalady wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:46 am
Someone mentioned Jenna destroying Juliens confidence, and thinking about it from Juliens perspective i think it definitely makes sense. Julien at least puts some kind of effort into his videos, good editing, nice music, the content is watchable - and then theres Jenna, doing the ABSOLUTE bare minimum and still having the support of hundreds of thousands of dinks.

It must be devastating wanting to create good content, but living with someone who doesnt give a shit about their own content. It must be hard when youre ambitious but your SO doesnt support you with your ambition, and i feel like that has to be hurtful for Julien on some level. Maybe I'm overanalyzing and theyre both just laughing their asses off and collecting the monthly paycheck wondering why the hell anyone would watch their videos, but somehow I have this idea that Julien really cares about his stuff.

Julien doesnt want to be just "Jenna Marbles' Boyfriend", and trying to get away from that image must be hard. I think it would be an interesting topic, looking at popular YTers partners and seeing how they feel about their SO's success.
anyone who reads this board knows i really don't like julien very much - i think his place in jenna's life is certainly opportunistic, whether or not they have feelings for each other, and he does think feckin highly of himself. we all suffered through his Very Serious Vlogger phase and his desperation to set himself apart with all of that waffsicle and last minute trips bullshit. i think it's always been in the back of his mind that he's Mr. Jenna Marbles, and it's a chip he's worn on his shoulder since they started dating, but jesus christ it must be hella stifling to be in a relationship with her. it might make his current success more fulfilling, having a creative outlet like his own videos to work on. but i'm worried about them both.
Agreed. Also not to mention, if he wasn't in every damn video and only focused on his own thing - i think he wouldn't be so much Mr. Jenna Marbles. He did it to himself. So as much as I do feel bad for him sometimes dealing with her, he hasn't shown that hes grown either. They are going to be miserable later in life when all of this goes away.

coconat
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by coconat »

Can someone fill me in on what happened to her manager/interior designer, Rome?

Also, Colin's face makes me feel sick for some reason.

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WanderlustX3 »

coconat wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Her and Colin moved to Texas.
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

LK81
Debater
Debater

Post by LK81 »

coconat wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Colin creeped me out. I don’t know why. He could be perfectly fine and normal. His face was creepy.

Post by Guest »

fancyvagabond wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:41 am
rudebintch wrote:
I often wonder why they even bother to get mortgages when they could feasibly buy a place half the price (or far less) and own it outright. (Not to mention why they always need to be in LA.) It also makes me wonder how they get these mortgages to begin with, unless it's different and easier in the USA. I felt like I had to prove every bit of my life to the bank just for my little unit, with all my permanent work contract information and such.

It does make me wonder about the financials of Youtubers and just how much debt they are perhaps in over their heads, because the banks have given them endless lines of credit and loans, which is a trap you can get caught in thinking you only have to pay the minimums.

Return to “JennaMarbles”