Jenna's Nursery for Plants and Manchildren - Part 9

kiran1
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jenna's Nursery for Plants and Manchildren - Part 9

Post by kiran1 »

I think there needs to be a middle ground between Freelee and UV. I love how in the comments of UVs vid everyone is saying "SHE BOUGHT HONEY ON ACCIDENT WHATS THE BIG DEAL" while casually forgetting the ramen thing. Also, does anyone else remember when that douchey vegan cheetah guy was buying chicken ramen? Pretty sure UV called him out, but I don't remember the deets and can't stand to see his face.

I do agree that having J&J being attainable vegans (that aren't just always eating lettuce and smoothies) is a good thing but it'd be great if they'd actually be... Vegan. And calling them plant-based feels wrong when you see how they eat lol.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Im-A-Doll »

Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:26 am
Im-A-Doll wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:24 am
why does anyone care about their diet or what they buy? Yeah the ramen noodles weren't vegan...boohoo lol. a dumb mistake. it's not like they're telling the world they're vegan to be "woke" or whatever but behind the cameras they're eating chicken wings and hotdogs.
Because they insist on talking about being vegan, Julien has a vegan cooking channel, all they ever used to do was warn people that what they were eating was vegan....this whole mess just comes back to the fact that they either don't care at all anymore about their audience or are just lazy asf. However, I'm willing to bet its both.
they eat vegan. their lifestyle might not be 100% vegan but what does it matter?
They're not lying to anyone or preaching about their vegan lifestyle. Yes if they were freelee who's entire channel is about veganism i'd be a bit annoyed at her buying chicken ramen.

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

Im-A-Doll wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:25 am
Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:26 am
Im-A-Doll wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:24 am
why does anyone care about their diet or what they buy? Yeah the ramen noodles weren't vegan...boohoo lol. a dumb mistake. it's not like they're telling the world they're vegan to be "woke" or whatever but behind the cameras they're eating chicken wings and hotdogs.
Because they insist on talking about being vegan, Julien has a vegan cooking channel, all they ever used to do was warn people that what they were eating was vegan....this whole mess just comes back to the fact that they either don't care at all anymore about their audience or are just lazy asf. However, I'm willing to bet its both.
they eat vegan. their lifestyle might not be 100% vegan but what does it matter?
They're not lying to anyone or preaching about their vegan lifestyle. Yes if they were freelee who's entire channel is about veganism i'd be a bit annoyed at her buying chicken ramen.
If you're not 100% vegan, you are not a vegan. I'm confused why people do not comprehend that. I dont care if she eats steaks in her free time, but she needs to understand what a vegan is.

escargot123
Informer
Informer

Post by escargot123 »

If she said “we bought chicken on accident but we didn’t buy a new one to avoid creating more waste and wasting food” I’m sure nobody would have a problem. But since it’s been never addressed it’s a fair game to talk about it.
糞食らえ

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

HoardganizedJen wrote:
kiran1 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:50 am
I think there needs to be a middle ground between Freelee and UV. I love how in the comments of UVs vid everyone is saying "SHE BOUGHT HONEY ON ACCIDENT WHATS THE BIG DEAL" while casually forgetting the ramen thing. Also, does anyone else remember when that douchey vegan cheetah guy was buying chicken ramen? Pretty sure UV called him out, but I don't remember the deets and can't stand to see his face.

I do agree that having J&J being attainable vegans (that aren't just always eating lettuce and smoothies) is a good thing but it'd be great if they'd actually be... Vegan. And calling them plant-based feels wrong when you see how they eat lol.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
Lemme know if you find someone because UV is soooooo smug that I can't watch her. Also, her hair is terrible. There must be a "moderate" vegan who doesn't look like a 3 year old? :rofl:

I don't think the honey thing was a big deal either - you could tell Jenna was shocked by it and felt bad.
I feel like Mic the Vegan kind of fills this role? But he can be a bit over the top as well. UV’s video was just cringe because you can tell she stans the hell out of J+J and was cocky af about them ~shouting her out~. It’s not like the vegan option was any less accessible or easy in this case. They bought chicken Top Ramen, Top Ramen makes two vegan flavors that are just as easy to get. UV saying “maybe they thought it was fake chicken” was fucking dumb lol. Don’t make videos about people you stan so hard, ms. “I’m the most logical objective vegan on the platform.” She also completely left out any mention of the fact that J+J buy non vegan+cf cosmetics, household products, etc., on the reg. Her points about compassion fatigue were relevant and I think if she had to make the video at all she should have just focused on that.

And it really, REALLY, would not kill UV to get a makeover. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

If it weren't for puritanical vegans, more people would be vegan. It's exactly this all or nothing approach that makes people think vegans are insane and annoying. So they bought ramen with chicken, boo fucking hoo. Everybody makes mistakes. If anything, I think it shows that as a vegan you're allowed to have slip ups every once in a while and it doesn't mean you have to stop. I also don't think they see themselves as spokespeople for veganism at all. They don't talk about it much and their lives don't revolve around it like other vegans.

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

rudebintch wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:21 am
If it weren't for puritanical vegans, more people would be vegan. It's exactly this all or nothing approach that makes people think vegans are insane and annoying. So they bought ramen with chicken, boo fucking hoo. Everybody makes mistakes. If anything, I think it shows that as a vegan you're allowed to have slip ups every once in a while and it doesn't mean you have to stop. I also don't think they see themselves as spokespeople for veganism at all. They don't talk about it much and their lives don't revolve around it like other vegans.
Slip ups happen but she read "chicken ramen"and still bought it. I could understand something like accidentally buying leather, but like....not something that has an animal in the name. For the record, I'm not a vegan or vegetarian nor do I care what jenna is, but it's just another example or her utter ignorance/laziness that has become all to prevalent as of late. Then she never addressed it as if no one would've noticed...

Yoona
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Yoona »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:04 am
UV saying “maybe they thought it was fake chicken” was fucking dumb lol.
There wasn't anything wrong with that? There is literally a vegan "fake chicken" bouillon and it's not some extreme to imagine that dirt cheap food like Top Ramen would use artificial chicken flavor to cut costs. With that said, I don't think Jenna gives a fuck either way. That's her call, but don't label yourself vegan if you're not vegan. I'm sure she thinks it doesn't count because she didn't eat it, but choosing to give money to a non-vegan product is in itself not vegan.
rudebintch wrote:
If it weren't for puritanical vegans, more people would be vegan.
This is a tired excuse that makes zero sense lmao. It's like saying "I don't like you so I'm going to go to McDonalds." Other people's attitudes have nothing to do with your self-control. If you wanted to be vegan, you'd be vegan.

dustfairy
Debater
Debater

Post by dustfairy »

Especially because ramen itself is vegan, it's just the seasoning sachet that isn't. So she could have gotten it out of the packet before the video and just had the block of ramen there considering she wasn't gonna eat it

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

Um, faux chicken bouillon says “NO Chicken” bouillon. Dr. McDougall’s “chicken” ramen says vegan all over it. Chicken Top Ramen says “no artificial flavors” right on the front and has a picture of cooked chicken. Even if you missed that all you have to do is flip it over and check the ingredients. Julian has celiac, he is 100% used to having to check the ingredients of everything. So yes, you’d have to be a dumbass to assume that was vegan. All they had to do was reach 6 inches to the right and grab either the soy sauce or chili top ramen. Or at least own up to the mistake. Pretending nothing happened has obviously made the issue worse.

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Im-A-Doll »

:lol: so pressed over a minor fuck up.

Post by Guest »

I've seen people commenting like 'oh, they probably post mated it and the person got it wrong, it's not their fault!' if that is the case then... that's kinda sad. if they can drive like an hour away to the beach for a video, then they can drive to the fucking shops

Saltstaff
Learner
Learner

Post by Saltstaff »

escargot123 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:06 am

Hopefully it doesn’t come out as vegan gate keeping, but why so many people have to praise and protect J&J for being...yeah shitty vegans. They have access and all means to get ethically produced products, shop cruelty free and make vegan friendly decision but they stopped at just having a plant passed diet. Its nice and refreshing to see creators that are putting out unrelated content AND are vegans and don’t abuse it for views, but they are not the only YT couple that does that. There are much better role models out there but they get so much praise for doing the bare minimum.
... why the fuck the vegans on youtube care what Jenna eats?, like to make a video about it come on dude, for the love of God "b-but is chicken noodles!!!" like fuck off, they didn't EAT the fucking thing they waste it to make fucking nails, and if i do remember correctly jenna becomes vegan because of the food and not the animals, is Julen the one that brags about being vegan lol.

sorry i say so meny bad words but like come on now

Yoona
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Yoona »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:05 pm
Um, faux chicken bouillon says “NO Chicken” bouillon. Dr. McDougall’s “chicken” ramen says vegan all over it. Chicken Top Ramen says “no artificial flavors” right on the front and has a picture of cooked chicken. Even if you missed that all you have to do is flip it over and check the ingredients. Julian has celiac, he is 100% used to having to check the ingredients of everything. So yes, you’d have to be a dumbass to assume that was vegan. All they had to do was reach 6 inches to the right and grab either the soy sauce or chili top ramen. Or at least own up to the mistake. Pretending nothing happened has obviously made the issue worse.

My mistake, I was naive enough to think your belligerent rant was an angry one-off but now I see that you're just looking to be pissy and hateful. I should have gathered that when you went on and on about Unnatural Vegan's appearance for no reason as if it had anything to do with the topic but women hating each other and themselves is ingrained from a young age.

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

Saltstaff wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:40 pm
escargot123 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:06 am

Hopefully it doesn’t come out as vegan gate keeping, but why so many people have to praise and protect J&J for being...yeah shitty vegans. They have access and all means to get ethically produced products, shop cruelty free and make vegan friendly decision but they stopped at just having a plant passed diet. Its nice and refreshing to see creators that are putting out unrelated content AND are vegans and don’t abuse it for views, but they are not the only YT couple that does that. There are much better role models out there but they get so much praise for doing the bare minimum.
... why the fuck the vegans on youtube care what Jenna eats?, like to make a video about it come on dude, for the love of God "b-but is chicken noodles!!!" like fuck off, they didn't EAT the fucking thing they waste it to make fucking nails, and if i do remember correctly jenna becomes vegan because of the food and not the animals, is Julen the one that brags about being vegan lol.

sorry i say so meny bad words but like come on now
But like, it doesnt matter if she ate it or not. The whole entire point of being vegan for ethical reasons is to NOT support the killing of animals, period. You cant call yourself a vegan, yet go buy a leather purse. She supported killing an animal when she bought the ramen, it doesnt matter if she ate it or not. And I'm pretty positive she became vegan for ethical reasons.yes it's a dumb reason to judge her, but when coupled with how lazy she is in other areas as of late, it's a bigger deal than it probably should be.

rudebintch
Debater
Debater

Post by rudebintch »

Yoona wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:53 pm
Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:04 am
UV saying “maybe they thought it was fake chicken” was fucking dumb lol.
There wasn't anything wrong with that? There is literally a vegan "fake chicken" bouillon and it's not some extreme to imagine that dirt cheap food like Top Ramen would use artificial chicken flavor to cut costs. With that said, I don't think Jenna gives a fuck either way. That's her call, but don't label yourself vegan if you're not vegan. I'm sure she thinks it doesn't count because she didn't eat it, but choosing to give money to a non-vegan product is in itself not vegan.
rudebintch wrote:
If it weren't for puritanical vegans, more people would be vegan.
This is a tired excuse that makes zero sense lmao. It's like saying "I don't like you so I'm going to go to McDonalds." Other people's attitudes have nothing to do with your self-control. If you wanted to be vegan, you'd be vegan.
It makes all sorts of sense because if you've been an omnivore your whole life, becoming vegan might be intimidating, so (from personal experience) when you go to other vegans irl or online and ask for tips and they say something like "if you even LOOK at honey you're literally Hitler", it gets a bit discouraging. The few rational vegans I know who are 100% vegan say that even limiting your meat consumption to once a week is enough, so I truly don't think J&J did anything wrong by buying chicken ramen one time.

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

Jeez, I eat honey. Regardless. I know vegans on YT that eat honey as long as it's local. Even really hardcore vegans, like raw vegans etc.
I'll Always avoid the word vegan applied to myself, it's so discouraging… like what if I use cleaning detergent that is not vegan approved. How am I supposed to clean toilets at work? I do that for a living. Christ, some of these people are so elitist and privileged that it's hard to relate to them.

I still think that it's better to rescue an animal than to check for honey content in a cracker or even avoid all derivates. Now shoot me.
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

So if you eat meat once a week YOURE NOT A VEGAN. Am I and a select few the only people who comprehend that? My god. You're an omnivore. O M N I V O R E. Vegans dont eat meat or meat products. 1+1=2 folks. Christ.

Im-A-Doll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Im-A-Doll »

Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:32 am
So if you eat meat once a week YOURE NOT A VEGAN. Am I and a select few the only people who comprehend that? My god. You're an omnivore. O M N I V O R E. Vegans dont eat meat or meat products. 1+1=2 folks. Christ.
But she doesn't eat any meat products?

Grockpot_Gorl
Talker
Talker

Post by Grockpot_Gorl »

Im-A-Doll wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:37 am
Grockpot_Gorl wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:32 am
But she doesn't eat any meat products?
I was referring to the person who said some vegan said it was still considered vegan if they ate meat once a week. Like....what?

Return to “JennaMarbles”